• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Osietra

Banned
Hey guys.

Devo has been permabanned, which is obviously terrible news for everyone.

In the meantime, all of the girls need to talk about breasts and hips, and why are they so sexual. Or single parents.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Hey guys.

In the meantime, all of the girls need to talk about breasts and hips, and why are they so sexual. Or single parents.

1. What are you talking about?

2. ... what are you talking about?

Hey guys.

tumblr_m4vjuwJG2Q1qj3ir1.gif

Opiate

Hahaha, at Opiate just coming out and saying it.

I didn't even think of anything until people started talking about it. :eek:

I didn't either. It falls in to the category of "not immediately obvious to me, but if people start winking and nudging each other, I can figure it out."

Platy

Hey guys.

This is Devo right now

bvaEy.png

See the "ruining afternoons" part ?

It was suposed to be like this one
sLKNV.png

See the "banned" part and the gray nickname ?

Also, while we do have our resident breast experts ... we already talk about the sexual exploration and objetification of women on feminists threads
till they are hyjacked by people like you that start talking about men's rights

Single parents is a cool subject to talk ... I was raised a good amount of my life only by my mom ... she is awesome =D
Parents is who raise you .. fuck biological parents that never did anything to you

Ezalc

That's because, for all your sexual exploits, you've never gotten a blowjob.

I didn't really think of it until it was brought up, but that is the rough height and angle we see girls from during that particular activity. It's the sort of thing horny guys on the internet would notice and snicker about. I wouldn't worry about it, personally.

Never change Opiate.

Well they're gone now. We will never understand what they were asking.
Osietra has been consistently trolling GirlGAF for months now, they just did it so infrequently that most people didn't seem to notice and treated them like any other clueless guy that drops in here and asks a silly question on occasion. I probably should have said something to a mod when I noticed a while back, but didn't seem like such a big deal since most people seemed to ignore Osietra and weren't bothered by it. /shrug

Emitan

Osietra has been consistently trolling GirlGAF for months now, they just did it so infrequently that most people didn't seem to notice and treated them like any other clueless guy that drops in here and asks a silly question on occasion. I probably should have said something to a mod when I noticed a while back, but didn't seem like such a big deal since most people seemed to ignore Osietra and weren't bothered by it. /shrug

I recognized the avatar but didn't remember any of their posts.

Opiate

Absolutely correct analysis. He's the type of troll who survives by striking rarely and only from the shadows.

He's gone. Gone gone.

Samara

I need suggestions for lipbalm dear beautybuffs.

Like hows the BabyLips from Maybelline/ cause some of those LipSmackers are greasy as hell.....but the smell mmmmm

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
I need suggestions for lipbalm dear beautybuffs.

Like hows the BabyLips from Maybelline/ cause some of those LipSmackers are greasy as hell.....but the smell mmmmm

Haven't tried Baby Lips yet but I really want to!

As far as tinted lip balms go, though, I find the Burt's Bees ones hard to top. My favourite shade is Honeysuckle... looks totally different on than it does in the tube, it's a really sweet soft pink.

Here's the tube:

Here it is on the lips:

They don't have a smell or flavour, which I prefer, but if you're looking for scented ones they might not wow you. They give all right moisture but not amazing, despite having shea butter in them. I have really chappy lips so sometimes I layer it over Carmex. Also no SPF in them, the Baby Lips do have SPF if that's something that concerns you.

Besides those few cons, I really like it as an alternative to lipstick.

Hey GirlGAF...

I don't normally wander in here since I rarely touch community topics aside from Animal Crossing and Warcraft but I wanted to highlight a thread floating in OT right now.

Male rape - my flatmates charity event.

I debated posting this in here because I believe its no one gender's responsibility to show support for the opposite gender in rape cases just because they are of the same gender of the offender.

However, I'm behind support groups where guys can feel supported in the same way that girls also have support groups. I have friends affected by this and I've seen the emotional damage it does and lack of trust that happens with girls after the fact. Thought it might be nice to show that girls do care too.

I don't know if this breaks any type of thread etiquette but I just thought I'd share it. Male rape isn't talked about very often outside of prison rape jokes. :/

Platy

And the same reason it happens and specialy the fact that is so not talked is largely tied to the same "rape culture" that we complain all the time in feminist threads and nobody believes it exist

From how the thread has gone, I guess that means we're the ones with our minds stuck in the gutter the most. I blame the industry we work in, it's just a byproduct! ;)

Haha. Yep. I'm the first to snigger at unintentionally inappropriate things at work and usually the first to suggest them. I, too, blame our industry for my gutter mind (it's just so fun, though!).

Long distance is hard. I definitely feel for you there. It's great that you guys have something to look forward to together, though. It'll definitely make the waiting easier!

Forgot to mention, I love the idea of you guys doing two weddings in each respective country. It's really sweet :) Wish we could have done that when my husband and I got married, but at the time it wasn't possible.

I am still constantly thinking about my novel, yes! Writing, though... that's another story. I took almost all of December off. All the preparing for Christmas, and then Christmas itself, and then New Year's, and then I got sick for a week with the flu... it was too much! I plan to get back to it very soon as well. Glad you plan to keep at it too! Makes me feel a bit of camaraderie even though the NaNo thread's over with :)

You know, you can still hold a 'renewal' wedding kind of party if it took your fancy. I've heard about a few people doing the anniversary/saying their vows again and having one of those kinds of events. They're quite sweet, really.

As for our books... yes! We must finish them! My sister still bugs me everyday about it (for which I'm grateful), so I'll be buckling down tomorrow and sorting out the latest chapter. Once I'm finished with it, it should bump me to 38,000 (so close!). Stick with yours as well. If it helps to motivate you, you could post it up like mine (having people reading it helps spur you on) or we could do weekend challenges? Let me know. :)

Or didn't have enough cash to tip the pool cleaner.

ha ha. I think any actual context would ruin a wonderful joke. You guys are fantastic.

Oh what the hell, I was just trying to add humor to something that was creepy.

Shan knows I totally <3 her.
>< yay!

Hey guys.

Account suicide?

A.E Suggs

Parents is who raise you .. fuck biological parents that never did anything to you
Well they gave you life which enables you to complain. Me I've never known(or ever seen) my real dad and giving birth to me was all he did before he died. I still give him credit for that because if not for him my mom would never have had children according to her.

Well they gave you life which enables you to complain. Me I've never known(or ever seen) my real dad and giving birth to me was all he did before he died. I still give him credit for that because if not for him my mom would never have had children according to her.
Your father died giving birth?

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
You know, you can still hold a 'renewal' wedding kind of party if it took your fancy. I've heard about a few people doing the anniversary/saying their vows again and having one of those kinds of events. They're quite sweet, really.

As for our books... yes! We must finish them! My sister still bugs me everyday about it (for which I'm grateful), so I'll be buckling down tomorrow and sorting out the latest chapter. Once I'm finished with it, it should bump me to 38,000 (so close!). Stick with yours as well. If it helps to motivate you, you could post it up like mine (having people reading it helps spur you on) or we could do weekend challenges? Let me know. :)

My husband nags me about the book too which I am actually really happy about, even though I sometimes get defensive, haha. My dad keeps asking about it as well. Thank goodness for family! I need to buckle down and set daily goals, even if they aren't huge, just 1'000 words a day and I'd be happy, honestly.

I'd love to take you up on the weekend challenges, that's a great idea! I'll send you a PM about it if that's okay? And I remember promising an excerpt back in the Nano thread and never posting one... oops. Gonna do that. Will you keep updating the site with the stuff you have so far? I really loved your writing and the story. I would have liked to have made a website like that, but I'm finding it impossible to write chronologically. I don't even have chapter 1 done, haha. But chapter 15, yeah that's done!

Samara

Thans Cloud. I checked out a few swatchea online and illcheck on it

Yeah it's driving me insane too, what is wrong with her avie? I don't see it either!

EDIT: Oh wait, just read Opiate's post. I get it now. :|

I read in Cosmopolitain that male found this posture with the face like that attractive because of the bigger eyes and smaller chin and associate it with fertility: who knew?!

LOL, Cosmo tells women that men like it when women take their pearls and give their junk a massage with it. I'd take what you read there with a grain of salt.

Give that to me now.

My boyfriend hates the print, probably wont have it at my house until this weekend, but they have it in so many prints and colors. I want them all!
http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/guest-of-honor-dress-in-moths

if you decide to buy it, shoot me a pm and I can give you a coupon code for $15 off and i get $15 credit to continue to feed my addiction. :p
This one is on sale directly from the designer (down from 98.99 to 67.48)
I want it but it's not on modcloth (i have store credit from christmas returns that I have to spend) :(.

I also ordered this dress earlier this week:

Already had the dress in this print (which I love, it's probably my favorite dress):
d4b07d7147b036208c10a21d5e6a814c_large.jpg

Theres light stain on the chest of this one and its driving me insane. I wish I could try and fix it myself, but I'm worried it will ruin the fabric, taking it to a dry cleaners didnt help :( If anyone knows how to gently remove stains, I would greatly appreciate it.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
My boyfriend hates the print

My ex sometimes told me he didn't like my clothes.

Times I listened to him about it: 0

Actually one time we went to a party and right before we left he said he didn't like the outfit I was wearing and that he'd never liked it (it was one of my favorites.) I said, "too bad!" and wore it anyway.

What's the fabric composition and what made the stain? 100%CO?

97% cotton 3% spandex. I have no idea what the stain is from. It look like slight discoloration. Maybe dirt/sweat (only wore this once at a 4th of July picnic in Boston).

Dammit Arsenic, I'm so jelly of all your beautiful dresses :(
Buy one sometime! I'm completely loyal to their rand, such great return policies so I've returned everything that didnt fit me well. They have plenty of dresses to fit different body types!

There are so many lovely dresses on that site! Thankyou thankyou thankyou~! I'm considering buying one of these ><
5becd8d2827707a195c69243a23068de.jpg
558001f75763874da5eaf5e43e270951.jpg
3d2ef53d611b8c8c917904e1eb3956a8.jpg

Good bye money...

My ex sometimes told me he didn't like my clothes.

Times I listened to him about it: 0

Actually one time we went to a party and right before we left he said he didn't like the outfit I was wearing and that he'd never liked it (it was one of my favorites.) I said, "too bad!" and wore it anyway.

I've decided that my boyfriend just has terrible taste in clothing too. You don't like it? Well I do.

Mitsuho

Banned
97% cotton 3% spandex. I have no idea what the stain is from. It look like slight discoloration. Maybe dirt/sweat (only wore this once at a 4th of July picnic in Boston).

I can't really help without knowing the stain too.

Since the fabric is pretty tough and there isn't too much spandex in it then it's easiest to start with bleach.

Always test for colorfastness before using bleach.
Do not try to bleach just one area of garment; bleach the entire garment to prevent uneven color removal. (Except for test area)

BUT

If you love your garment you can always start with a weaker cleaner.

1) Make your own pretreater:
1 cup hot water
1/2 cup baking soda
1/2 cup hydrogen peroxide
When spot treating (whether with the above or a off the shelf pretreater), place stained area face down on a clean paper towel or white cloth. Apply stain remover to the underside of the stain, (the top from your current prospective) forcing stain off the fabric surface instead of through it.

2) Soak for 15 minutes in a mixture of:
1 quart of lukewarm water
1/2 teaspoon liquid hand dishwashing detergent
1 tablespoon ammonia.

This is great for blood stains! Haha kids.

If it's oil or grease - put WD40 or any other penetrating oil on it (just a wee bit, substitute with enzymatic cleaner if you have the time and money, naphtha if you got a zippo) and then pull it all out with a detergent.

Edit:
There are so many lovely dresses on that site!

Go with #3! #1 is better western work wear though and more versatile.

apricot

Hello hello! I'm not exactly new to GAF but I'm certainly new to GirlGAF. I thought it'd be nice to find a community to hang out in.

Some of you may (probably not) know me on Twitter as @apricotsushi

I, er, don't really know what else to say but hello! I look forward to chatting with all of you.

Top Bottom