• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

apricot

I only use my Vita for PSP games. What's the point in me even using it when my PSP-1000 can take screenshots?

*sort of wants to sell her Vita and PSP-1000 and replace them with a PSP-3000*

I've got a PSP-3000, maybe I'll set that up for taking screenshots... I was too lazy to ever do it before -__-;; It's a really nice system, though! If you really like the PSP you should definitely consider upgrading, but keep in mind that some people have issues with the interlacing/scanlines on the screen? I'm not a huge tech buff or anything so I don't really notice it myself

I am not an expert on this but I'm pretty sure it would be difficult for a gay couple to make a child which is the whole point of the marriage system in the game.

But then again somehow my lesbian partner in Fable 2 got pregnant after we had sex. Must be magic. Yup. No other possible explanation.
It's a ~fantasy~ game, anything can happen!

Yeah, GAF has a Wii homebrew wiki that teaches you how to hack your Wii and such as well as the PSP Custom Firmware thread. I only used the PSP CFW for ripping my UMDs into storage and taking screenshots but those came in handy! (I used it to capture Seiko's shining moment in CP.) I'm glad the Vita has a screenshot function now but I wish they didn't lock it off on PSP content!
This just about killed me while I was playing through P3P on my Vita earlier this year.

I CFW'ed up my old 2000 using that thread recently. Gotta get ready for the VC3 fanslation!

I am totally going to play it casual on normal like I did in the demo because fuck it! :D

I avoided the series before because of permadeath.
I wouldn't normally mind perma death, but it took my friend Doc something like three years to make it through the first GBA Fire Emblem thanks to perma. After sitting bystander to his anguish for that long, I'm kinda scared of FE's perma death now, haha.

I only use my Vita for PSP games. What's the point in me even using it when my PSP-1000 can take screenshots?

*sort of wants to sell her Vita and PSP-1000 and replace them with a PSP-3000*
*sits Emitan down*

No. You must not sell your Vita. No.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I CFW'ed up my old 2000 using that thread recently. Gotta get ready for the VC3 fanslation!
No.

Yeah, I got my Vita all CFW'd up for that too!
NItIk.jpg

Opiate

Portable gaming seems disproportionately represented in this thread. Likely just statistical variation due to small sample size, but I still find it interesting.

Anyone want to take part in a Zelda marathon?

My boyfriend and I are powering our way through all the Zelda games. We got through LttP in 3 days. I'd never beaten it before! :D

iirate

I haven't played Ace Attorney OR Fire Emblem!

HaHA.

... I'll show myself the door.

That's okay, but you HAVE played Advance Wars, right?? If not, well, good day to you.

My boyfriend and I are powering our way through all the Zelda games. We got through LttP in 3 days. I'd never beaten it before! :D

That's the only one I HAVE beaten! Great game, I liked Link's Awakening too, but I got stuck when I was a kid and never finished it. Not big on the 3D Zeldas, but I'd like to try Zelda 1 again some day...

Yeah, I got my Vita all CFW'd up for that too!
Damnit SQEX, put BBS (and Crisis Core) on the PSN already.

I knowwwwww but it's hard. The PSP-3000 is so light~
Oh yeah, forgot about how nice that feels! But the PSP UI is so hard to go back to after the Vita.

*locks the door behind her*
No, no. It's okay. You can still sit here next to me.

Tempted. I've got a looooot of unbeaten Zeldas. It's embarrassing, really.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Game Boy Advance emulators are easy to run, you have no excuse.

I partly blame Nintendo, they need to get more GBA classics up on the eShop.

You aren't suggesting piracy, are you? D:

No, no. It's okay. You can still sit here next to me.

Oh good! I still have a place.

*sends Lissar a care package filled with essential video games*

I have a feeling my idea of essential video games is different from everyone else's. D:

I used to play handhelds a lot as a kid, but as I grew older I always got bored with handheld games no matter what they were. I really enjoyed Hotel Dusk but never finished it.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I'll share mine when I get my Fire Emblem bundle but I'll probably shut down network functions if whenever I hear the kernel hack is getting released publicly.

Emitan

Oh yeah, forgot about how nice that feels! But the PSP UI is so hard to go back to after the Vita.

I really hate the Vita UI though so I wish I had the option of going back to the XMB.

idle, listen to Nine. She knows what's up.

PSN is PublicEmilieNo1

Too lazy to add people on 3DS. I never really use the communication features anyway so I don't see the point of adding people that don't play Pokémon o:

idle, listen to Nine. She knows what's up.
You two just don't realize that bubbles are the future. The. Future.

PSN is PublicEmilieNo1

Too lazy to add people on 3DS. I never really use the communication features anyway so I don't see the point of adding people that don't play Pokémon o:
Swapnote!

Just kidding, I don't think anyone uses Swapnote anymore.

Kazerei

Banned
Portable gaming seems disproportionately represented in this thread. Likely just statistical variation due to small sample size, but I still find it interesting.

I think this might be a real trend. I've definitely played handhelds (DS/PSP/3DS/Vita) far more than home consoles this past gen.

Kisaya

I think this might be a real trend. I've definitely played handhelds (DS/PSP/3DS/Vita) far more than home consoles this past gen.

Yup. For the last 5 years up until now all I have been playing were handheld games (Well, aside from WoW xP). Still love them and am glad I have a Vita now, just need a 3DS! >.<

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Any girlgaffers read this?

Delusions_of_gender_cover.jpg

Read up to part B so far. It's pretty damn good so far; definitely like the way it's presented, has a strong evidence-based approach eg rather than focusing on anecdotes or the authors own personal bias, it basically presents a lot of research in that particular area and allows it to speak for itself, while debunking a lot of clearly pseduo-scientific or poorly controlled scientific studies on gender differences, I'm slightly skeptical the book might have a anti-biological bent like a lot of work in the field, but the author makes a strong case for how external influences can affect us on a subconscious level and it's role in reinforcing stereotypes about gender!

Edit. Oops, I just realized the book is already in the OP! oh well.:p probably didn't notice because it has a slightly different title in australia.:)

Mitsuho

Banned
Wish I had a 3DS

Me too! Saw Style Savvy 2 at a kiosk. I really enjoyed the previous one for NDS.

My XBL is 'Mitsuho' but I'm not on often. Portable gaming, audiobooks when I do cardio - regular books when I need to escape, anime at night, and visual novels or import games when I'm on the PC.

Edit:
Not yet. Saw it on goodreads.com and put it on my to-read list though.

My PSN is in my user profile :p

Wish I had a 3DS code to share :'(

Sent a request (DoomXploder7)

Me too! Saw Style Savvy 2 at a kiosk. I really enjoyed the previous one for NDS.

My XBL is 'Mitsuho' but I'm not on often. Portable gaming, audiobooks when I do cardio - regular books when I need to escape, anime at night, and visual novels or import games when I'm on the PC.

Edit:

Not yet. Saw it on goodreads.com and put it on my to-read list though.

I'm planning to get style savvy as soon as i get my refund cheque next week.

I think I like handheld gaming much more than console gaming, but it's like what I9 says, where the games I want are is what matters.

Mitsuho

Banned
I actually don't like portable gaming too much but the systems get the games I want so I kinda have to buy them.

Most modern ones have TV out for the 'console experience,' right? I have the cables for my PSP3000 but I've only used it like three times.

Edit:

I'm planny to get style savvy as soon as i get my refund cheque next week.

I imported the first one and as soon as I saw that you got 1 piece of the same for your own closet each time you bought a garment for the store, I was like, this game'll sell!

apricot

I've got Style Savvy Trendsetters and seriously it's one of my favorite 3DS games. It's devilishly fun to coordinate a really ugly outfit that "works" within the constraints of the game and then get people to buy it and tell you what an amazing stylist you are :3

Not yet, but it looks pretty interesting!

Also hnnnggg your icon <3 I just started watching Tamako Market and am dying in its cuteness. +10 for living in Australia, too ;)

Emitan

Wii U is the best portable gaming console.

I love playing portables in bed so I don't really see a difference between the Wii U, 3DS, and Vita. They're all portable to me.

Since Lafiel brought it up, let's talk about books! What have you girls been reading lately?

I've had my nose in Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter.

I hope I'm not the only girl obsessed with Downton Abbey!
I haven't read a book in ~1.5 years. :\

Downtown Abbey is in my television backlog.

iirate

Since Lafiel brought it up, let's talk about books! What have you girls been reading lately?

I've had my nose in Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter.

I hope I'm not the only girl obsessed with Downton Abbey!

Just finished The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay about a week ago, probably jumping over to Slaughterhouse Five soon, and The Black Company books as several of my friends are into them atm. I'm looking for more good nonfiction to get into, so I'm open to suggestions (already eyeing Delusions of Gender mentioned above).

I saw the first episode of Downton Abbey a few months back, and really enjoyed it, but I just can never be bothered to start TV shows in earnest =/

Haha at Olivia's (Idle threat) mii! She looks so mad!

more like determined!

*shrug*

I can't tell you what it is really, but portable gaming has had my heart since my first Game Boy(alongside a Game Boy camera and then later Pokemon), even if my tastes in types of games has evolved. If I had to guess, I'd say the DS has been the biggest factor in keeping this alive - there are simply too many beloved games on that system that couldn't be pulled off as well anywhere else, from Kirby: Canvas Curse, the systems original killer app, to Meteos and Ouendan, which dominated my time at bus stops and in-between classes throughout college. I'm currently playing a bunch of Picross 3D - these all represent some of my favorite games on the system(and of all time) and are experiences I couldn't find elsewhere.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I'm reading Shades of Earth by Beth Revis.

Teeeeen fiction I don't even care :D

Teen fiction is nothing to be ashamed of!

I'm reading Elantris by Brandon Sanderson, The Elric Saga Part I by Michael Moorcock, The Ghost Map by Steven Johnson, The Middle East: A History, and Web of the Witch World by Andre Norton. Oh, and Critical Thinking: The Art of Argument.

edit: Oh yeah, and Ulysses by James Joyce, but I'm more of pecking away at that one than reading it daily.

First post in GirlGAF! Woo! Thanks Lin.

Continuing with the whole Fire Emblem thing.. me and my sisters were so pressed about the whole marriage thing, hehe. Turned out it wasn't bad at all. Also haven't used my 3DS in a looong time. I'm gonna try to add some of you when I get home. I don't know my friend code right now.

As far as I know friend codes are not region locked, right?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
First post in GirlGAF! Woo! Thanks Lin.

Continuing with the whole Fire Emblem thing.. me and my sisters were so pressed about the whole marriage thing, hehe. Turned out it wasn't bad at all. Also haven't used my 3DS in a looong time. I'm gonna try to add some of you when I get home. I don't know my friend code right now.

As far as I know friend codes are not region locked, right?

They aren't some people in AnimeGAF have JP 3DSes and they've added each other without problems.

Top Bottom