• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Hi girls!

Let's talk about makeup! What makeup brands and palettes do you guys use?

I'm just now getting into makeup and I'm overwhelmed. I have some girlfriends who are going to help me with makeup soon, though, and I honestly can't wait. I'm considering going with MAC due to their emphasis on ladies with my skin tone.

I LOVE Bourjois. Their serum foundation, concealer, lipsticks and blushes are really good. I never use blushon ever, though. If I need a bit I just use the lipstick I am wearing at the time. I also like Collection's concealer because its very moisturising. Maybelline's cream eyeshadows are great. Topshops' lipsticks are really good quality. Never use Mac much but I recently bought 3 eyeshadows, also got a quad as a gift from a friend. Rarely use them though, not really that huge on eye-make-up.

For high end brands, I like Chanel, Clinique, YSL and Tom Ford. Only buy lipsticks from these brands, except for Chanel, I like some of their perfumes and foundations.
Fun fact Bourjois and Chanel are owned by the same parent company, and they are made in the same factory. The only problem with Bourjois is that they don't cater much to ladies with really darker skin tones.

Mitsuho

Banned
But if anyone discoverers the secret to growing a vagina I wouldn't mind if they told me!

From my high tower of privilege it get's a pass: It's one of those secrets you find inside yourself. Y'hear boys telling each other to grow some balls all the time. (Not that makes it right, of course.)

rxtG2.jpg

Speaking of, there was a documentary on vaginas tonight on tv. I never realised people were embarrassed to the point that cosmetic surgery down there has become a thing. I mean, you can't even see it.

Man I feel awkward saying vagina and I don't even know why.

If they didn't region lock it I'd already have a 3DS and a predominately Japanese collection of games, but they did and the hack just makes it possible to get the things I want without buying two of the same console twice. Of course the negatives are still there but the locking makes me really not care as long as I can use my retail carts from other regions. I have a Japanese 360 since it's relatively region free as far as the 360 goes for the same reason.

That's the reason I still haven't bought one >< I couldn't decide on which region. Boyfriend and I were gonna share and he can't speak Japanese. What kind of negatives are there in hacking, other than obviously not supporting the publishers?

Emitan

Speaking of, there was a documentary on vaginas tonight on tv. I never realised people were embarrassed to the point that cosmetic surgery down there has become a thing. I mean, you can't even see it.

Man I feel awkward saying vagina and I don't even know why.

I heard people are getting labiaplasties for their CHILDREN. As in 9 year old girls. What the fuck.

Zoe

You can talk about modding your consoles. You can't talk about it for the purpose of downloading games.

Well, back to square one then.

Cute picture, by the way ^^

Well I didn't say it was wrong... a friend of mine has a hacked DS and it seems to work fine. And another has a hacked 360 but it doesn't work anymore, although another friend has it and the only problem is the whole non-using-online thingie. And I know a shitload of people with hacked PS2s or PSPs. I don't think anyone knows what a VITA is.

Not me. All my consoles are not hacked. I swear. Plz don't ban me.

And ohmigosh ohmigosh ohmigosh you noticed me. I'm going to write it down in my diary and brag as all fuck. Though I just wanted to check how it looked and will be removing it soon.

But if anyone discoverers the secret to growing a vagina I wouldn't mind if they told me!

Also all of y'all better get Fire Emblem Awakening. I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED FOR IT
Is GirlGAF about to become FireEmblemGAF?

This is amazing.

Being banned on GAF, as far as I know.
I don't think hacking your system is grounds for banning around here? Or am I misinterpreting what you're saying? GAF's got the best guide around for hacking your Wii, for example. I thought it was just admitting to piracy that's cause for the ban hammer.

But otherwise, yeah shan, the only downside is rampant piracy leading to a lack of publisher support. Hacked systems are pretty great except for that part!

EDIT: Oh well, I suppose if you don't know what you're doing, for some systems it's possible to brick the thing if you mod it incorrectly.

Egnirys

I haven't played a fire emblem game before so I'm really looking forward to awakening. I love SRPGs and can't wait to get out of class to go download the demo. Has anyone downloaded and played it yet? I've been lurking the thread in gaming while in class, so far the impressions are good!

Platy

I played every single one of the Fire Emblem and Roy was my favorite Meele character

...but I NEVER finished a fire emblem =(

I just started the game last night, so I suppose I'm part of the fun/problem. It's my first Fire Emblem, so I have little idea what to expect (other than it being an SRPG, and being able to get married. *laughs*)
Looks like there's a lot of us Fire Emblem virgins in here. :) I'm torn about the marriage thing tough - can't decide if I want to play a male avatar just so I can romance women in the game. Oh games, why can't you just let my blank slate avatar be gay if I want? *looks pointedly at Persona*

suzu

Fire Emblem is the one with perma death? I played one of them when I was younger, but never finished it because of that.. haha.

The only SRPGs I really liked are FFT, Tactics Ogre LUCT, and Front Mission 3 (all by SE lol). But then again I never really put much time into any others, so I dunno.

Leeness

Anti your beautiful avatar-you is gone :(

Also I'm terrible at strategy games so I don't play FE lol.

BUT SHAME ON PEOPLE NOT PLAYING ACE ATTORNEY OR GHOST TRICK.

Except the Edgeworth games. Those are just garbage

Fire Emblem is the one with perma death? I played one of them when I was younger, but never finished it because of that.. haha.

The only SRPGs I really liked are FFT, Tactics Ogre LUCT, and Front Mission 3 (all by SE lol). But then again I never really put much time into any others, so I dunno.
You can turn off perma death in Awakening! Not sure yet if I'm gonna do that myself.

Anti your beautiful avatar-you is gone :(

Also I'm terrible at strategy games so I don't play FE lol.

BUT SHAME ON PEOPLE NOT PLAYING ACE ATTORNEY OR GHOST TRICK.

Except the Edgeworth games. Those are just garbage

I did say I just wanted to see how it was... I didn't plan to keep it.

And I haven't played any of those games. Because yeah.

A.E Suggs

Looks like there's a lot of us Fire Emblem virgins in here. :) I'm torn about the marriage thing tough - can't decide if I want to play a male avatar just so I can romance women in the game. Oh games, why can't you just let my blank slate avatar be gay if I want? *looks pointedly at Persona*

You can do both like me, you know you can't be a real FE fan without multiple playthroughs :D! This'll be my 2nd games since kid icarus uprising that will make my 3ds purchase worth it. I'm gonna have 3 3ds systems after buying the FE bundle.

EDIT: I've also noticed like blackgaf even girlgaf doesn't like wiiU :(. Does anyone in here even own one?

Platy

I would own a WiiU since launch if I had the money and the videogame wasn't so insanely overpriced in my country

Just Miiverse is more than enoght reason to own it... and I LOVE nintendo games

You can turn off perma death in Awakening! Not sure yet if I'm gonna do that myself.

Best Fire Emblem confirmed

FE = FallingEdge

Thank you based thread.

In all seriousness, go play all the PW and the Edgeworth game. It is good. Do not listen to her lies.

Leeness

Hey it's not for anything bad. I just don't get used to it. I might get another one up in a couple of days or something.

And my DS is for Pokémon only. I play it rarely enough as it is.

Fine fine :)

Do you have an iPhone/iPod touch? You could play Ace Attorney or Ghost Trick on that.

Egnirys

EDIT: I've also noticed like blackgaf even girlgaf doesn't like wiiU :(. Does anyone in here even own one?
My fiance bought a WiiU at launch. We both went to the WiiU event in SF and even though we weren't too thrilled by it, he still purchased one by stacking up store credit from trading in a ton of games. We enjoy playing Nintendoland together and catching up on some games that came out on Wii.

A.E Suggs

No.

But I will when they release Smash.

See now while I was gonna do that, Monster Hunter won me over. I'm sure a fire emblem and mariokart will be released before smash as well.

I would own a WiiU since launch if I had the money and the videogame wasn't so insanely overpriced in my country

Just Miiverse is more than enoght reason to own it... and I LOVE nintendo games

I guess the price is a bit of an issue especially if there's nothing to play. The only thing I have is sonic racing,ninja gaiden and tekken wiiU. How much is it in uh brazil was it?

My fiance bought a WiiU at launch. We both went to the WiiU event in SF and even though we weren't too thrilled by it, he still purchased one by stacking up store credit from trading in a ton of games. We enjoy playing Nintendoland together and catching up on some games that came out on Wii.
Hmmm, maybe I should have actually played Nintendoland before trading it in :/. Oh well too late now.

Egnirys

Hmmm, maybe I should have actually played Nintendoland before trading it in :/. Oh well too late now.
I think he would have traded it in if it weren't for the promise of Pikmin coming out sometime. He plays Mario or Skyward Sword on it mostly while I play Xenoblade. He also gets a lot of use watching Amazon Instant Video or Hulu plus on the gamepad.

Emitan

I am not an expert on this but I'm pretty sure it would be difficult for a gay couple to make a child which is the whole point of the marriage system in the game.

But then again somehow my lesbian partner in Fable 2 got pregnant after we had sex. Must be magic. Yup. No other possible explanation.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I don't think hacking your system is grounds for banning around here? Or am I misinterpreting what you're saying? GAF's got the best guide around for hacking your Wii, for example. I thought it was just admitting to piracy that's cause for the ban hammer.

But otherwise, yeah shan, the only downside is rampant piracy leading to a lack of publisher support. Hacked systems are pretty great except for that part!

EDIT: Oh well, I suppose if you don't know what you're doing, for some systems it's possible to brick the thing if you mod it incorrectly.

Yeah, GAF has a Wii homebrew wiki that teaches you how to hack your Wii and such as well as the PSP Custom Firmware thread. I only used the PSP CFW for ripping my UMDs into storage and taking screenshots but those came in handy! (I used it to capture Seiko's shining moment in CP.) I'm glad the Vita has a screenshot function now but I wish they didn't lock it off on PSP content!

Platy

I guess the price is a bit of an issue especially if there's nothing to play. The only thing I have is sonic racing,ninja gaiden and tekken wiiU. How much is it in uh brazil was it?

How much ?
Expensive enogh to deserve it's own thread

Nothing to play ???
Miiverse drawings, Nintendo land, Miiverse drawings, Super Mario Bros Wii U, Miiverse drawings, Darksiders 2, Miiverse drawings, Scribblenauts Unlimited, Miiverse drawings, Rayman Legends demo xD

Emitan

After beating the prologue on Lunatic playing through it again has me in "DO YOU EVEN LIFT, BRO?!" mode.

Sure, attack my cleric! You're only doing 4 damage hahahahahaha!

Emitan

You and me both :( I'm reduced to taking photos of all the weird moments in Corpse Party: Book of Shadows

I only use my Vita for PSP games. What's the point in me even using it when my PSP-1000 can take screenshots?

*sort of wants to sell her Vita and PSP-1000 and replace them with a PSP-3000*

Top Bottom