• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

No of course not. But you've never had a bad first date and thought "well at least I got a decent lunch"?

Well I've only personally met one girl that got upset when I accepted her empty gesture to pay half. Now that was pretty awkward for me.

That's not what you said or implied at all, though:

At most, a movie is half a date no matter who pays. If you're not talking, it's not a date.

It's true that a lot of girls often say yes to dates just for free lunches though. That's why you don't rush to pick up the whole check. If it's a legitimate date... the girl will reject your money.

You make it sound like women are just accepting dates for a free meal, not taking meals as consolation prizes for poor dates. That's a pretty unfair thing to suggest about women, in my opinion, especially when you make it sound like it's trend or 'thing' girls do.

And I can't say I've ever really done a proper date thing and thought much around the meal at all whether it went good or bad. I just have very limited experience with that, but I'm sure others have had that thought.

Yeah I never got that the Talia raping Bruce thing was for sheer thrill like most comic book rapings. She just wanted his child.

It wasn't for a thrill, but her motives weren't so 'pure' as to just wanting to have a kid with him. She didn't even carry it (she grew him in a tube). I think she does love Bruce in her own twisted way, but regarding Damien, she only wanted his superior material to create a worthy heir in her father's eyes. Poor kid. :p

It's true that a lot of girls often say yes to dates just for free lunches though. That's why you don't rush to pick up the whole check. If it's a legitimate date... the girl will reject your money.

This portrayal of women as bloodsucking dilettantes does not jive - at all - with the social norms where I have grown up. I wonder where you are in the world that this is your experience.

Al-ibn Kermit

^The Bay Area! And that was meant to be sardonic Todd Akin joke. I guess sarcasm packets got lost or something.

That's not what you said or implied at all, though:

You make it sound like women are just accepting dates for a free meal, not taking meals as consolation prizes for poor dates. That's a pretty unfair thing to suggest about women, in my opinion, especially when you make it sound like it's trend or 'thing' girls do.

And I can't say I've ever really done a proper date thing and thought much around the meal at all whether it went good or bad. I just have very limited experience with that, but I'm sure others have had that thought.

I don't think most girls could care less but I agreed with you that "a lot" is equal to "some" which doesn't mean "most" in this case.

There ARE women who accept dates for free food and drinks. Or in the case of Lin's gf, might not consider it a date if they have to open their wallet. It's a very gray area actually.

^The Bay Area! And that was meant to be sardonic Todd Akin joke. I guess sarcasm packets got lost or something.

I don't think most girls could care less but I agreed with you that "a lot" is equal to "some" which doesn't mean "most" in this case.

There ARE women who accept dates for free food and drinks. Or in the case of Lin's gf, might not consider it a date if they have to open their wallet. It's a very gray area actually.

I find this attitude to be going away more and more though and it's certainly not something my group of friends does.

Leeness

Even though I'm like two days late, I want to share. It makes me feel stupid, but I dunno, I just wanted to share so you guys don't think I'm psychotic or something. ._.

jZ0c9qq.jpg

iI5MMAi.jpg

c8vLosv.jpg

CjG73JL.jpg

I dunno what it says about me, but there you are, a couple of guys that I can say "Oh, they are nice to look at". D:

I'll go be ashamed and gross over here now... D:

iirate

Obviously that depends on the rest of the Pokeymans.

Best Eevolution was Jolteon.

Vaporeon.

Jolteon is cool too

Best pokemon was Snorlax. Eats, sleeps, is chill and kicks ass when he's needed.

Snorlax is great indeed. I feel weird, Scyther was my favorite for so long, but I don't really know who my fav is anymore.

maybe Wartortle or Blastoise.

Since female comic characters are on the memo. I have no idea why the fuck Cat woman is so popular. She isn't a a strong female lead, she is never involved in interesting stories. She is just straight sex appeal and teasing Batman's penis. The only Cat woman stories I even like happened outside the comics: Batman Returns and The Animated Series. Talia is the superior Batman female villain and love interest AND she manages to make Bruce knock her up, producing a child.

Catwoman sucks.

This made me realize how little exposure I have to Catwoman. I've read Year One/The Long Halloween, and I think that's about it as far as she's concerned. Michelle Pfeiffer is amazing in Batman Returns though. BTW, I don't like Burton all that much, but this film is one of his best for sure, alongside Beetlejuice and Peewee's Big Adventure.

Even though I'm like two days late, I want to share. It makes me feel stupid, but I dunno, I just wanted to share so you guys don't think I'm psychotic or something. ._.

I dunno what it says about me, but there you are, a couple of guys that I can say "Oh, they are nice to look at". D:

Clicked on the wrong thread but while i'm here...

You seem to have a thing for eyes. :p

DveYDh9.png

Two looks. My new shoes. One the left every item is less than 25 (even the turtleneck dress underneath which you can see on the right one) except the shoes.

Left
Crossroads Trading Co -> H&M Trenchcoat
Goodwill -> Michael Kors Bag, Gloves, Scarf and Turtleneck
Forever 21 -> Skinny Jeans

Right
Buffalo Exchange -> Jacket
Goodwill -> Purse and Turtleneck

Pretty much. Drugged him and had her way with him, though I can't recall if she extracted the 'goods' through sex or with tools. For some reason that family really likes resorting to rape when it comes to the bat family. Another member (an aunt(?) I believe) was going to rape Tim Drake in his series. :p
Can't believe you're talking about rapes withing the Bat family without mentioning Nightwing. Dude has been more raped than ten different female supervillains in their backstory combined.

Brad Cooper is a fine choice
BradleyCooper_Cooper1-5f2b701a-a7f4-1030-b120-0019b9d5c8df.jpg

You better not talk shit about Harley Quinn.
A woman after my own heart.

Well I've only personally met one girl that got upset when I accepted her empty gesture to pay half. Now that was pretty awkward for me.

Wow that's pretty shitty. Did you end up paying for her? I do hope that one terrible experience with a selfish jerk hasn't soured your opinion of women dating.

They've all got this real "American boy" feel about them, haha. Maybe that's just your type.

Slayven

Can't believe you're talking about rapes withing the Bat family without mentioning Nightwing. Dude has been more raped than ten different female supervillains in their backstory combined.

Old Nightwing should have seen a therapist of something.

DveYDh9.png

Two looks. My new shoes. One the left every item is less than 25 (even the turtleneck dress underneath which you can see on the right one) except the shoes.

Left

Right
Paycheck_filmposter.jpg

Leeness

Clicked on the wrong thread but while i'm here...

You seem to have a thing for eyes. :p

Oh. ._.

http://i2.esmas.com/galerias/fotos/2013/1/BradleyCooper_Cooper1-5f2b701a-a7f4-1030-b120-0019b9d5c8df.jpg[/QUOTE]

I saw Silver Linings Playbook a couple of weeks ago so I was like...oh yeah. I think he is nice looking.

[quote="shanshan310, post: 46882497"]
They've all got this real "American boy" feel about them, haha. Maybe that's just your type.[/QUOTE]

I dunno. I don't really have a type. :( I probably even like these guys more for their characters in films or TV. :(

Devo, you look so classy <3

A.E Suggs

I don't even think the crudest of males would like it if they're semi-conscious and can't actually enjoy it.
Pretty much this, unless I guess they want sex for bragging rights or something and don't want to be labeled a virgin. A big reason why no-one wants to be called gay is for those reasons.

I find this attitude to be going away more and more though and it's certainly not something my group of friends does.
That's because you bully your friends whenever they challenge your authority :D.

Well, my sarcasm meter tends to fall asleep after midnight, so who knows. Either way, the "it's not a date unless he pays" attitude is counterproductive to women's equality, so I'm a little confused as to why women who consider themselves "empowered" or "enlightened" would choose to adopt it.

It's one thing to want to feel special every now and then.

It's one thing to adopt a s/he who asks pays rule for the first few dates.

It's one thing to be slow to reach for the cheque if you think the guy's a miser or trying to bleed you dry.

It's a whole other ball o' wax to never offer (at least your share), never consider (to open your wallet), and never accept that it's a date unless the other person pays.

Well, my sarcasm meter tends to fall asleep after midnight, so who knows. Either way, the "it's not a date unless he pays" attitude is counterproductive to women's equality, so I'm a little confused as to why women who consider themselves "empowered" or "enlightened" would choose to adopt it.

It's one thing to want to feel special every now and then.

It's one thing to adopt a s/he who asks pays rule for the first few dates.

It's one thing to be slow to reach for the cheque if you think the guy's a miser or trying to bleed you dry.

It's a whole other ball o' wax to never offer (at least your share), never consider (to open your wallet), and never accept that it's a date unless the other person pays.

Bingo.

Yes!
No, but i'm sure shes not always a nice woman

You'd be surprised. I go the distance for friends including doing a road trip to and from LA to bring a friend's dog back to her parent's house when she was in a bout of depression and wanted to focus on school. The most "mean" I am is brutally honest when the time calls for it, like if my friend is being utterly ridiculous about something. Doesn't happen often though, my friends have good heads on their shoulders and I enjoy their company which why I always raise a brow when people complain about theirs.

Platy

I love how there are people talking about how nobody used the theories in books like that one discussed that say brain gender don't exist in the trans thread =P

Gender Theory, Queer Theory or just Feminism are one of the most fascinating cases of "I know everything because I exist" I ever meet xD

The reason I want to shave my legs is not to impress other people.

This is not true to all people .. specialy those who HAVE to do this every X days because of work

I love how there are people talking about how nobody used the theories in books like that one discussed that say brain gender don't exist in the trans thread =P

Gender Theory, Queer Theory or just Feminism are one of the most fascinating cases of "I know everything because I exist" I ever meet xD

"I dont feel that way so clearly such feelings are impossible".

This is not true to all people .. specialy those who HAVE to do this every X days because of work

I don't think Emi is discrediting that reason or stating it's true for everyone, just that it's not necessarily something everyone dislikes to do or does simply for others . I personally would never shave my legs for someone else, but also personally want to do it because I enjoy how it feels and looks.

Thanks dude. Also shaving legs is something that I gotta do in summer but winter, fuck it. Although I do go after my legs if I feel the hair is too long.

Mitsuho

Banned
I don't think Emi is discrediting that reason or stating it's true for everyone, just that it's not necessarily something everyone dislikes to do or does simply for others . I personally would never shave my legs for someone else, but also personally want to do it because I enjoy how it feels and looks.

Knowing when someone is challenging you or just stating their situation in response.

I stopped shaving my legs back in HS (or was it college? sometime back in my teens :p) but this was actually one of the things that I hated about it back then! I hated the feeling of bed sheets or pants on my legs right after they were clean shaven. It felt so weird to me. XD

I stopped shaving my legs back in HS (or was it college? sometime back in my teens :p) but this was actually one of the things that I hated about it back then! I hated the feeling of bed sheets or pants on my legs right after they were clean shaven. It felt so weird to me. XD

Really? I love the feeling of cool sheets on my shaven legs.

Mmm I love the feeling of freshly shaven legs. But I'm lazy and don't do it very often.

In other news, I had a sexy sex dream about my flatmate last night...it was weird. We've known each other for like 9 years and this is the first time it's happened.

Platy

Really? I love the feeling of cool sheets on my shaven legs.

I will never forget when a friend who is a swimmer shaved his legs for the first time xD

We were at the bar and he was talking how it was the weirdest night ever because his "legs praticaly had SEX with the cold sheets" xD

Work out advice request!

I'm tired of being tired/blah for most of my day, so I'm going to be getting up a 1/2 hour earlier than I normally do and doing a regular 20-ish minute workout. I've been browsing some youtube vids for examples that I can just flip on in the morning and copy, but if anyone has had any good results with a particular workout set, I'd love to know.

Currently the one I'm following is:

20 seconds of burpees
10 second rest
20 seconds of press-ups

20 seconds of the speed skater move
10 second rest
20 seconds tri-cep dips

1 min of shoulder stretching

20 seconds of squats
10 second rest
20 seconds of hip thrusts

1 min general stretching

http://i2.esmas.com/galerias/fotos/2013/1/BradleyCooper_Cooper1-5f2b701a-a7f4-1030-b120-0019b9d5c8df.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Eh?! I had no idea this happened to Nightwing on a regular basis. I mostly follow Drake, but I guess it's no surprise. He is sort of portrayed as the pretty boy of the bat family.

[quote="Devolution, post: 46881126"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/DveYDh9.png

Left

Right

Both these outfits are really awesome. I love the coats and your bag choices are great.

Stretch everything before you do stuff. You're probably better off doing stuff like the press ups/dips/squats in reps solo from the running stuff. Also first do the pushups/dips/squats, figure out the number where you struggle to keep form. Rest. Do that number again. Rest. Do that number again. Then slowly do more each time. If you do the stuff right after cardio I fear your form might suffer and that's no good.

Stretch everything before you do stuff. You're probably better off doing stuff like the press ups/dips/squats in reps solo from the running stuff. Also first do the pushups/dips/squats, figure out the number where you struggle to keep form. Rest. Do that number again. Rest. Do that number again. Then slowly do more each time. If you do the stuff right after cardio I fear your form might suffer and that's no good.

I tend to stretch just walking around normally, so I'm pretty limber despite being so out of shape, but I'll definitely focus a bit more on it before doing the sets.

Rearranging the order sounds good (as does scaling it up accordingly). Just doing the burpees sets I'm super quavery, and I'm sure my form is all over the place. It sounds like you do workouts as well (or have?). Have you found any particular moves to be really energizing? That's my main goal in this. I really have to shake this burned out feeling. :/

EDIT: If you have any cool workout music recommendations as well, I'm all ears. The Call On Me video is getting kind of old (does make me want to buy silly '80s leg warmers, though).

I tend to stretch just walking around normally, so I'm pretty limber despite being so out of shape, but I'll definitely focus a bit more on it before doing the sets.

Rearranging the order sounds good (as does scaling it up accordingly). Just doing the burpees sets I'm super quavery, and I'm sure my form is all over the place. It sounds like you do workouts as well (or have?). Have you found any particular moves to be really energizing? That's my main goal in this. I really have to shake this burned out feeling. :/

I'm pretty limber but that's not really the same as stretching since it gets all kinds of muscle groups you didn't think could get so sore after a certain area is worked out. I felt pretty energized just after doing weight training. For a while I was bench pressing, squats, bicep and tricep curls. Now I'm just regulated to the odd pushup and squat because the gym is expensive.

I definitely feel like squats are the one to focus on since it helps your posture and keeps you upright for the rest of the day.

I worked out to trance and house. I'll post some links in a bit.

The exercise threads would be a good place to discuss what you put out here, Devo - the research and expertise that I've been privy to in 15 years of working out would suggest better results with a combination of cardio, weight, and resistance training (and, that interval training is sometimes more conducive to better training results)

Form is important, and necessarily so - but the thinking goes that without warming up your muscles, you are more prone to injury and less likely to work to exhaustion, which will make your workouts less effective. Stretching doesn't warm you up.

Which is to say, get your heart rate up for 10 minutes or so, but don't drain yourself before doing 2-3 sets of whatever list of other exercises you're about to do.

Top Bottom