• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

I like the ball of dicks. Post a link to that one.

hahaha, there would be little censor bars everywhere, like hentai.

Do you display your art anywhere? That sculpture has a hint of studio art.
Not recently, the last 10 months have been handling moving 1500+ miles and working on my portfolio. Applying to graduate schools at the moment, hoping to get in somewhere for my MFA in sculpture. When I moved up here, I lost all of my work (i work in primarily encaustics wax, they were ruined due to storage heat), so this and another piece are all I have. Working on two new series at the moment, and hopefully this summer I can reproduce my last one.

Tough work. You're really talented from that bee sculpture.

I want to go to grad school for digital art. This year I plan on being more dedicated to my stuff. I need more professional experience in the meantime, however. Where'd you move to?

Aw thanks! I moved from Louisiana sort of across the US to Massachusetts near Boston, I'm not used to the cold up here :( need more sweater dresses!

Are you still in college? Graduated? I wish I had done more gallery shows before I moved up here, but my resume is pretty good, applying to tough schools, so theres a big possibility I wont get in anywhere. The application process is a pain too, RISD lost my stuff while scanning it into their computers and didn't tell me. I had to email them yesterday to find out about it, lucky I did.

Where are you located?

Lin AoA is expensive and people shit talk it but I REALLY encourage you to do an MFA there based on the fact that some of the best dudes from Pixar work in that department. (Or at least they used to when my ex went there).

apricot

Sorry for the late reply, but thanks to everyone who shared their tattoo pics! They all look so lovely <3

Definitely don't get one until you're SURE you want it. It's permanent after all. Just a warning though: after you get one, you'll want several. I didn't understand why people kept saying that about tattoos until I got one, haha. I probably will have a few more in the (near) future!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44430465&postcount=1271

Love your pixel heart tattoo! And yeah, I'm worried about getting addicted to it, haha. Right now I think I definitely only want one really small one, but I could imagine it'd escalate from there. My husband is supportive but he's not really a fan of them, so I definitely want to take my time to think about it (have been considering one for about a year now, but only got "serious" when I decided on a design I think I'd want)

On the topic, what do people think of wrist tattoos? I see you have one (super nice by the way!), and a lot of people seem to be getting them these days. I want to do a small crescent moon in the style of the Black Moon Kindgom's symbol from Sailor Moon on my inner wrist, but a) I don't think it's that original and b) wrist tattoos seem like a bit of a fad these days. Please don't take that the wrong way, anyone, I think wrist tattoos are awesome! Just worried that if I did go for my first tat that maybe I should do a "safer" spot like the ankle or something.

Ezalc

29557_10151182000331176_1354197182_n.jpg

Courtesy of CrudeDiatribe.

Mmh. Not sure what I think of kilts.

I didn't know that kilts had those things for a belt, huh. That reminds me that a few months ago I saw an old man wearing one here when I was on my way to a club with my friend. That was fun, almost wanted to stop and ask him about it hahahahaha.

Easier access I guess :p

And you went off irc just as I came on ;.;

Eh, access is easy all the time. In fact I think certain uhm movements down there could get annoying with the kilt over there. Ah well. Further research is needed.

And well, thankfully I read that <3.

But I will say, I was kinda busy which is why I didn't exploit the perviness to its full potential. Next time, tho, next time... !

Kisaya

I also would like to post about favorite High fashion designers. Can we just all agree that Alexander Mcqueen is amazing.

McQueen <33333 I saw his Savage Beauty exhibit at the MET and also a few of his works at a Daphne Guinness exhibit in my school's museum. His outfits are 10000000000000000x more amazing in person *______*

I would be interested to see more of your work Arsenic.
I graduated in digital media. I do graphic design for an advertising agency. I hate graphic design and I hate advertising.

My portfolio is heavily graphic design based but I'm slowly working my way up so it can be digital illustration based. I want to go to the Academy of Art in San Francisco for my MA in Digital Illustration: http://www.academyart.edu/illustration-graduate-school/masters-degree-program-college.html so I can intern at Pixar while studying there.

I have not done gallery art before but one of my profs at my alma mater majored in studio art and it sounds soooooooo challenging.

I'm located in Texas.

I have a two year plan: get professional experience while working on portfolio and then apply to Academy of Art. I really hope it works because I do not want to be doing this [advertising] the rest of my life.
TexasTransGAF representing. Working at Pixar would be cool, though I doubt it's the absolute most progressive place.

Platy

Interesting to come for for this talk xD

I'm at the 5th year on Arts graduation at university here ... and i'm working in the summer vacation stuff... and today was ALSO the "pratical test" for the people wanting to study here .. so lots of new people with their portfolios being interviewd !

Lots of cool stuff on those portfolios =D
From crazy performers to Smash Bros digital fanarts xD

Dunno why y'all are sweating Burberry Prorsum* while Fausto Puglisi is free to roam the world committing countless crimes against sartorial decency with no end in sight:

http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.a...vendorColor=MTc2&season=actual&seasProdID=57I

*which has been terrible for half a decade for those not keeping up. Lulz manshion lulzlulz

And yes McQueen > *. Also worth mentioning are theyskens, tisci snd our good pal chalayan.

It's as if Harley Quinn had a closet beyond her typical costume.

Gonna pull a drive-by and go back to the hair thing... I never knew it could get to be this bad =(

The ends get cut a bit but they still look... like this.
Before perm color -> almost a year later
ee7Juz7.jpg

This is particularly bad because there was a lot of moisture in the air.

It's depressing.
I'm still a little happy that at least it didn't ALL fall off at once like what happened to a friend of mine =x

Mitsuho

Banned
Time to trim up some ends, that's all.

I'm just ending a three month "no shampoo" experiment for my hair. Natural hair color, hot water daily (mornings).

I went back to shampoo just because it's easier - if I had to go back to no poo I feel I'd have to journal my diet, water temperature, etc. It's easier just to ignore oily days and blast it back to a default position with all the chemicals in shampoo which are designed to keep hair not too oily but also not too dry.

Shit deserves to be talked about Arkham Asylum/City Harley. That design is a disgrace to the character.
Arkham City's is a pretty clear improvement over Arkham Asylum's, but they got nothing on classic Harley.

God I wish that is unlockable in Injustice.

I'm guessing you havent seen her new redesign for Suicide Squad?

I wish I hadn't. It's one of the main reasons I no longer read DC.

Suicide Squad ain't that bad, but Harley in particular is.

Unrelated, but after a pretty awful day at least I get to eat dinner at KFC, so yay.

Slayven

Arkham City's is a pretty clear improvement over Arkham Asylum's, but they got nothing on classic Harley.

God I wish that is unlockable in Injustice.

I wish I hadn't. It's one of the main reasons I no longer read DC.

Suicide Squad ain't that bad, but Harley in particular is.

Unrelated, but after a pretty awful day at least I get to eat dinner at KFC, so yay.

Sigh, le sigh.

Slayven

There was exactly one brief moment in my life when I was actually excited to eat at KFC. They were giving away Pokemon plushes, and I went there to get a Vulpix. Mission accomplished, but KFC was otherwise always terrible.
We all have to do bad to accomplish good sometimes.

It's not my fault there's no Popeye's in my country.

Vulpix sucked. But Ninetales had some class.
I need to airlift you some Popeye's one day. It will change your life.

I can't look a vulpix without remembering all the disturbing fanfiction and art made of it.

iirate

I can't look a vulpix without remembering all the disturbing fanfiction and art made of it.

I'm really good at (A) Not visiting the sort of places that host that sort of crap and (B) filing away whatever I do see in some dark corner of my mind never to be referenced again.

I'm not sure we can be friends...
Obviously that depends on the rest of the Pokeymans.

Best Eevolution was Jolteon.

I need to airlift you some Popeye's one day. It will change your life.
All I know from Popeye's is Little Nicky, so I would certainly welcome it.

You done goofed Anti, the only thing I would eat at KFC are potatoes and parfaits. I don't know how to feel about you after this :(.
KFC is awesome.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
TexasTransGAF representing. Working at Pixar would be cool, though I doubt it's the absolute most progressive place.

Pixar's up there, but any major tech studio here in the Bay Area seems pretty progressive. It's likely the same at Pixar as it is here.

I didn't know that kilts had those things for a belt, huh. That reminds me that a few months ago I saw an old man wearing one here when I was on my way to a club with my friend. That was fun, almost wanted to stop and ask him about it hahahahaha.

Real kilts don't, they have buckle things at the side instead. But people do wear belts with them.

Catwoman is the most popular because Batman stuffs are the most popular. She's got a unique role on it and she's very memorable. Being one of the three female comic book characters people can automatically name does a lot to your popularity.

That said I do find her cool. Favorite playable character in Arkham City, too.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Since female comic characters are on the memo. I have no idea why the fuck Cat woman is so popular. She isn't a a strong female lead, she is never involved in interesting stories. She is just straight sex appeal and teasing Batman's penis. The only Cat woman stories I even like happened outside the comics: Batman Returns and The Animated Series. Talia is the superior Batman female villain and love interest AND she manages to make Bruce knock her up, producing a child.

Catwoman sucks.

Err, getting knocked up and producing a child doesn't automatically make someone a strong female character. :\

Since female comic characters are on the memo. I have no idea why the fuck Cat woman is so popular. She isn't a a strong female lead, she is never involved in interesting stories. She is just straight sex appeal and teasing Batman's penis. The only Cat woman stories I even like happened outside the comics: Batman Returns and The Animated Series. Talia is the superior Batman female villain and love interest AND she manages to make Bruce knock her up, producing a child.

Catwoman sucks.
Like she raped him?

Slayven

Catwoman sucks.

No one remember comics strongest females. Except Wasp, and Capt Marvel.

Like she raped him?

Pretty much. Drugged him and had her way with him, though I can't recall if she extracted the 'goods' through sex or with tools. For some reason that family really likes resorting to rape when it comes to the bat family. Another member (an aunt(?) I believe) was going to rape Tim Drake in his series. :p

Pretty much. Drugged him and had her way with him, though I can't recall if she extracted the 'goods' through sex or with tools. For some reason that family really likes resorting to rape when it comes to the bat family. Another member (an aunt(?) I believe) was going to rape Tim Drake in his series. :p
Huh. I image Bruce just shrugged it off, because being raped by a hot woman is totally awesome (to the typical comic reader).

suzu

I only started reading Batman and Batman & Robin when they did the relaunch/new 52, so I have no idea about all that. Maybe I should go read some of the older Bat-family stuff. lol.

Huh. I image Bruce just shrugged it off, because being raped by a hot woman is totally awesome (to the typical comic reader).

I've never seen him to have much of a reaction to it. I mean, he did love Tahlia, so maybe he gave it a pass, but she deliberately drugged him because I imagine he wouldn't have been aiming for kids (with anybody much less the daughter of the great evil) and created their child, then raised the child to be a snarky-ass little killer. Pretty F-ed up IMO.

The Tim Drake thing, on the other hand, I did feel like they sort of implied 'how lucky' or 'how hot' for this young guy to be tied up and forced to procreate with a sexy older woman. He was barely rescued from it and he had no reaction, no response to the near assault and no one (even his rescuer) made any note of it. It left me feeling like they were doing nothing but pandering to that idea. It was kind of creepy and not cool. :/

Al-ibn Kermit

:/ I'd give you 'some', but girls aren't out in droves preying on men for free food. C'mon.

No of course not. But you've never had a bad first date and thought "well at least I got a decent lunch"?

hmmm... To me this is kind of falling down the same worm hole as "girls go to bars to get free drinks". If I want a free lunch I can just eat at home, without the awkwardness of sitting with a guy I'm not interested in for a few hours. But yeah, its probably better if the girl at least offers to pay.
Boyfriend and I usually alternate in paying (depending on who just got paid), but it sure feels sweet when he offers ><
I don't know why this made me giggle so.

Well I've only personally met one girl that got upset when I accepted her empty gesture to pay half. Now that was pretty awkward for me.

Top Bottom