• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Eater 2 |OT| Feed me Seymour!

ramyeon

2014-04-27-1227386cj9n.jpg

Ended up playing this through to the platinum and a bit more after that to upgrade all my equipment. I really enjoyed it. That said, it's a real shame it is taking them so damn long to push out an online component. By the time it does come out, unless they release some substantial extra content alongside it, won't most people be done with the game? Kind of odd really.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Ended up playing this through to the platinum and a bit more after that to upgrade all my equipment. I really enjoyed it. That said, it's a real shame it is taking them so damn long to push out an online component. By the time it does come out, unless they release some substantial extra content alongside it, won't most people be done with the game? Kind of odd really.

Sometimes I wonder if its just because they went and focused their efforts on getting Freedom Wars working first while giving lip service to the GE2 fans. Then once all the FW2 stuff is done we "might" get a patch released that exactly as you say no one is going to give a shit about.

Sometimes I wonder if its just because they went and focused their efforts on getting Freedom Wars working first while giving lip service to the GE2 fans. Then once all the FW2 stuff is done we "might" get a patch released that exactly as you say no one is going to give a shit about.

I think by that time the "Burst" expansion of GE2 could be out. Here's hoping that it happens !

I guess it's time for me to start playing!

1.40 is Monday.

WTF. Why only hairstyles? Where are the other costumes of Blood? in4 they're absolutely limited to the "buy this/buy that" DLCs...

And since they let us use their hairstyles... why not let us use an option to change voice, too? :p

It's disappointing the the Survival shirt is just 5/10/30/99. I kinda wish that it's per level. Or at least per 5.

baekshi

Banned

I don't think Freedom Wars has online at launch also and stuff like PvP?

If that's true, I think they're fully working getting that on first since its being paid by sony.

If the patch of GE2 comes between now and next month, it might hurt the FW sales so it might end up even more late?

I guess I'll be waiting for Burst edition afterall.

Parakeetman

I don't think Freedom Wars has online at launch also and stuff like PvP?

If that's true, I think they're fully working getting that on first since its being paid by sony.

If the patch of GE2 comes between now and next month, it might hurt the FW sales so it might end up even more late?

I guess I'll be waiting for Burst edition afterall.

Freedom wars I believe is getting infrastructure later along with other content update. Lets hope that this time they actually follow up with the infra mode unlike with GE2 lol

ramyeon

Finally!. I'll try to use the online mode to beat the Magatsu Kyuubi mission.
Would definitely be a lot easier without the stupid AI sticking around in his HP draining area lol. I think at the end I just let the AI die and took him on alone.

Parakeetman

Would definitely be a lot easier without the stupid AI sticking around in his HP draining area lol. I think at the end I just let the AI die and took him on alone.

I still dont get how they went backwards with the AI in GE2 considering how good it was originally... :/ Since its incredible some of the stupid shit they do now. At least its not the levels of Soul Sacrifice stupid, but still not what it used to be thats for sure. The pathing was the start of the giveaway that something was wrong, then as you watch them more you can see other issues with the AI pop out.

ramyeon

I still dont get how they went backwards with the AI in GE2 considering how good it was originally... :/ Since its incredible some of the stupid shit they do now.
Yeah, most of the time they're alright but when they do stupid stuff it's really stupid... Even when I ordered them to follow me in the Kyuubi mission they still only follow for a bit and then run right back into the HP draining field lol.

Parakeetman

Yeah, most of the time they're alright but when they do stupid stuff it's really stupid... Even when I ordered them to follow me in the Kyuubi mission they still only follow for a bit and then run right back into the HP draining field lol.

Ive had them all running on the same path, freaking out in small spaces and a few other oddities. They dont seem to be as smart with items either now.

Do hope the game sold well overall for their expectations as Id like to see a third one on the Vita Platform only so that they can actually expand the games design as the PSP really held it back and I like my PSP. But you could tell it was indeed the weak link. Since they need to start fresh with all new stages and get rid of the old stuff from the PSP version and push the envelope a bit more with the world. The characters, design and gaemplay is fine as is for the most part.

In anycase am glad to see that there are still some of you folks around and active. Hope you guys will have fun gaming together in the future now that online mode is in. Which reminds me I need to update mine.

Itsuki

Finally completed the mission and got plat trophy thanks to online mode. I think that the AI is better than GEB. Before, I tried using the NPC (I also saw some guides on youtube) and I couldn't beat the mission.

GE2 DLC announced. It'll be released on June 5 and it's going to cost 1000 yen.

ramyeon

Nice to see DLC coming out. I assume you'd need to use a Japanese PSN account to get it? Shame if so since I probably won't be able to get it :(

Parakeetman

Nice to see DLC coming out. I assume you'd need to use a Japanese PSN account to get it? Shame if so since I probably won't be able to get it :(

Yeah unfortunately that would most likely be the case. Unless the Asia store will be getting it too. I have no idea what goes on in the Asia region unfortunately so cant help folks out there. D:

Fuck yes, DLC!

That further hampers down the possibility of Burst - which is how it should be. There are things I want fixed for GE2, but they should be working on GE3.

Goddamnit, I always forget about live broadcast schedules.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Fuck my life. I literally had 1000 yen a few nights ago and decided to spend it on random crap. Sigh, time to buy another card. Also, glad to hear that the patch is out.

Parakeetman

Fuck my life. I literally had 1000 yen a few nights ago and decided to spend it on random crap. Sigh, time to buy another card. Also, glad to hear that the patch is out.

lol at least you got about a week to secure yourself another card.

Ohh nice, at least there's still content coming out !

Am quite surprised that they are still supporting it well considering that you would think they would be in crazy crunch time with Freedom Wars to make sure everything is solid.

3Kaze

Glad I did a playthrough on both my EU and JP account.
But it doesn't look really interesting, new NPC and operators but no new maps and aragami.

Parakeetman

Im glad to see Gina having a bigger part now at least. Since she was one of the other characters I liked but you didnt really know much about her for the most part.

Hmm... instead of calling it "DLC", it seems that this is the append content. (Written as 新作アペンドパッケージ on the website.)

Considering the pricing of GE Burst Append Disk and Boueihan/Defense Force Append Package, it makes me wonder if it means lesser contents added (though one can argue that some of the stuffs in 1.40 are quite sizable). Or if there'll be more following this.

On the other hand, I wonder if this (or succeeding ones) will bump the Story/progress to 100. They mentioned "updates" not increasing the story/progress, but they called this one an append package. It bugs me a lot that it's stuck at a weird number. >__>

I haven't finished the game (went to Rank 4 the last time; will restart with my save from demo) and haven't played with Bullet Edit... But did they ever do something about bullet manipulation and decoration?

IIRC, modules are only 4/6/6/8 and decor modules still take one up.

I mean, we have flashy as heck blood arts, why can't we have more control on how flashy/stylish we can get with bullets. Yeah, yeah, there are balance breaker bullets, but it's on their plate in making more in line with others.

I believe you can't even reproduce Kouta's twisting tri-beam bullet back in GE(B).

I'm still waiting for the day that they re-balance of the non-physical attack attributes (Fire/etc).

Sitrus

The netcode seems to be great once you actually get to connect some someone. I think this is more like a test for the Freedom Wars infrastructure mode and considering how great it is now, I hope Freedom Wars gets better. Do we have a list of people playing GE2 on Gaf? Would be great to play with people here for a chance.

Parakeetman

The netcode seems to be great once you actually get to connect some someone. I think this is more like a test for the Freedom Wars infrastructure mode and considering how great it is now, I hope Freedom Wars gets better. Do we have a list of people playing GE2 on Gaf? Would be great to play with people here for a chance.

Doubt its a testbed considering FW comes out end of next month. They already would be doing testing internally.

Sitrus

Doubt its a testbed considering FW comes out end of next month. They already would be doing testing internally.

Think they may use the same server and infrastructure for both? I may be wrong but isn't the multiplayer for FW planned to be released in a patch later? If that is the case, it may seem wise to use the GE2 as a testbed to correct errors, optimalize etc before rolling it out in FW.

Parakeetman

Think they may use the same server and infrastructure for both? I may be wrong but isn't the multiplayer for FW planned to be released in a patch later? If that is the case, it may seem wise to use the GE2 as a testbed to correct errors, optimalize etc before rolling it out in FW.

I have not tested it, but does the infrastructure mode allow for PSV + PSP to play together just like how adhoc does? Since thats one thing that Freedom Wars will not need to do.

Doubt it considering Freedom Wars has to handle a lot more than God Eater does not to mention Freedom Wars is designed from the bottom up just for the Vita. Where as GE2 is multiplat with PSP / PSV. Unless one wants to be a "yukes" what you are suggesting isnt exactly a wise solution, when you can do all the testing you want with the dev kits and builds of Freedom Wars. It makes zero sense to test network functionality for one game with another.

The problem isnt all the servers and whatnots, its actually getting everything working with the software itself. Which you need to be using the actual game and the netcode that it uses to test with the hardware (servers) and whatnots.

Sitrus

I have not tested it, but does the infrastructure mode allow for PSV + PSP to play together just like how adhoc does? Since thats one thing that Freedom Wars will not need to do.

Doubt it considering Freedom Wars has to handle a lot more than God Eater does not to mention Freedom Wars is designed from the bottom up just for the Vita. Where as GE2 is multiplat with PSP / PSV. Unless one wants to be a "yukes" what you are suggesting isnt exactly a wise solution, when you can do all the testing you want with the dev kits and builds of Freedom Wars. It makes zero sense to test network functionality for one game with another.

The problem isnt all the servers and whatnots, its actually getting everything working with the software itself. Which you need to be using the actual game and the netcode that it uses to test with the hardware (servers) and whatnots.

Only the Vita version has infrastructure. They dropped it for the PSP version. Maybe because they were afraid of hacks and mods since the PSP is fully unlocked.

Kysen

Yep realized pretty quickly that without the skills ふんばり and 覚悟 its one shot city. Especially if you are facing multiple monsters at the same time. Meteor bullets are a huge help as the monsters have so much hp and it spreads the damage around. 15k damage per shot, with bullets for every element.

Parakeetman

Sorry to bump the thread.

but how difficult is this game to play without knowing any Japanese?

Not a problem, thats what the thread is here for!

Its not too bad, but the thing that might give you the most trouble is the bullet creation. Though thankfully you can kind of make do with just melee weapons alone.

There are english FAQs out there also for bullet creation. While it may not be the GE2 bullet creation, still the general principals are the same.

Am not sure about GE2 english faqs but try searching as since the game has been out for a while I would imagine that someone did up one.

Also knowing what the skill effects from equipment are will help.

ramyeon

Sorry to bump the thread.

but how difficult is this game to play without knowing any Japanese?
None at all would make it difficult imo. At least having basic knowledge of Japanese and especially kanji makes it a lot easier to identify drops and mats you need for weapons and upgrades, as well as how and what to do to advance the story.

It's not impossible to play without any knowledge of Japanese but I think you'll need to rely on guides and translations online a lot.

Parakeetman

Falk

that puzzling face
God Eater 2 Rage Burst announced for PS4

edit: To be more useful, during Sony's pre-TGS conference.

Parakeetman

i really hope they are fully reworking the game including scrapping the psp hardware constrained maps and make all new ones appropriate for the hardware. since that was GE2s glaring flaw the design choices created from being restricted to psp hardware.

that and am hoping they up the AI since they went backwards from burst to 2. no idea how they managed that one.

Top Bottom