• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Eater 2 |OT| Feed me Seymour!

StayDead

I'm at the point now where I got with the demo initially (although further on) where I'm in Chapter 2 and doing the side missions which I think I need to gear up a bit for. I'm completing them but getting my ass kicked in the process.

Rather than gear up I think it might just be me being somewhat terrible with the combat still hah. Enjoying it a lot though <3

Pooya

At today's PS Awards show, they announced that the GE2 team is working on online play for a future update.

Haha.

ha, I assumed they'll hold that back for GEB2 next year, cool :p

Not sure if I still play when that lands, pretty much already done with the game.

Itsuki

Finally I got my copy:
QY4OKLy.jpg

And it's good to hear about the online patch. Now with the online patch, the game is going to be perfect.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
(&#12494;`&#1044;´)&#12494;&#24417;&#9531;&#9473;&#9531;

Those &#12508;&#12523;&#12464;&#12459;&#12512;&#12521;&#12531; are the worst enemy to have in the area during multiple large aragami target fights. Tailsing range is so huge (&#12541;´&#969;`)

Almost to rank 6, how much post game content is there? Wondering if I should take it slow so I have something to play once online gets patched in

StayDead

Still on rank 2 currently but got a gun I'm in love with, it's the 50&#22411;&#27231;&#38306;&#30770; and it's awesome. I'm not sure if other guns do this but the normal bullets refill the guage so you can go full gun against certain enemies which is such a huge help.

It's improved my survivability a hell of a lot.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Right, I meant how much is there to do after that (story missions go up to rank 10 right?)

Otherwise I'll save the later ranks to play online

Main scenario ends at 6. There's one short story arc between 7 and 8. So, I would consider 9 and 10 post game. Well, there are some missions with the story icon iirc, but no real actual story.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Main scenario ends at 6. There's one short story arc between 7 and 8. So, I would consider 9 and 10 post game. Well, there are some missions with the story icon iirc, but no real actual story.
Ah okay, sounds perfect. I'll just take a break after rank 6 to chip away at the rest of my backlog while I wait for the patch then.

3Kaze

Got the platinum trophy on both of my JP and EU accounts. My second character ended being overpowered, the last story mission wasn't any hard this time. Will reswitch back once again to my JP account for the patch/dlc I guess.

oR5dZUq.jpg

r1iWqIC.jpg

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Ended up playing through to the plat ( =&#969;=)

Guess I'll just grind equipment once online is released

bEkG5b1.jpg

lol nice and congrats!

Is part of getting plat all SSS ratings on everything? Since I wonder what happens to the demo only missions, since dont think those can be accessed from the main game normally.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks, and nope, just need 50 SSS overall for one of them. Can't even imagine how long it would take to SSS every mission lol. I don't worry about trophies much and GE2 was really straight forward - most are based on game progression and picked up naturally just getting to the end.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Christmas clothes came out earlier.

Also, next update in Jan featuring infected Lindow (and samurai outfits)

B8qwgCG.jpg

I am ordering this so hard

hz4hU2R.jpg

and this

kfulvuH.jpg

Itsuki

Christmas clothes came out earlier.

Also, next update in Jan featuring infected Lindow (and samurai outfits)

B8qwgCG.jpg

I am ordering this so hard

hz4hU2R.jpg

and this

kfulvuH.jpg

I need that Ciel figure now.

I'm on Rank 4 and I'm starting to do optional mission to get some materials to make new weapons. Had a hard time on that mission
before Romeo dies.
I downloaded the new update and it's seems that the missions are rank 10 only.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Ciel figure is glorious, though I kind of wish her weapon was in a standard rifle mode. Maybe it'll look better once it's colored (&#12288;&#12539;&#65392;&#12539;)

Kusano123

Neo Member
Just started the game and already pretty overwhelmed by the amount of customization for bullet recipes. Does anyone know if there's some guide I could actually follow?

Videoneon

Excuse my being uninformed, but are any of you familiar with psnprofiles.com?

I'm asking because I was on siliconera today and someone seems to think the addition of God Eater 2 trophies to that website suggests it'll get localized. The site's not affiliated with Sony, but I don't know if there's like...a precedent or something to this. I've heard about games (I swear it must've been the case with something I followed, but can't remember right now) to be released having their trophy list show up but not in the same way.

Here are the trophies. I'm guessing there are spoilers, for those who prefer to avoid it.

---

Going back to that Siliconera article itself, it also announces some new content by way of Famitsu:

...come January, God Eater 2 will transition to version 1.2, via Famitsu magazine. The update will have several new episodes added to the game, fully voiced.

Of course, there’s going to be new Aragami to hunt down as well, and there will also be challenge missions to play through. To help combat those powerful new foes will be new parts for gear, including news that Meteor Bullets reloading will be rebalanced in some form.

We also have a note saying that there will be new “Sunday Best” costumes, to help your hunters look all dapper and clean when out smashing monsters into smeared pastes.

Kaji

Just started the game and already pretty overwhelmed by the amount of customization for bullet recipes. Does anyone know if there's some guide I could actually follow?

Agree, has anybody come across a good bullet editing guide?

Also do all the trophies come through from just playing the missions / story (outside of the link aid - SSS and other obvious ones)

Itsuki

Any tip of how to defeat
Magatsu-Kyuubi
?. I take down the other 2 Aragami first but I can't beat the mission.

3Kaze

Any tip of how to defeat
Magatsu-Kyuubi
?. I take down the other 2 Aragami first but I can't beat the mission.

-Take down the two aragami first, one by one, so you don't waste items in a multi boss battle mess. Lure the one you're targeting away if any of the others are near.
-Meteor Blood Bullets for big damages (recipes are on the previous page), recquire blast gun with blood bullets lvl 5. Kyuubi is weak to divine iirc.
-When he uses his Blood Power, run away and ask the team mates to follow you because they're dumb. If they died in the area of effect, let them be until it stops I guess. You may try to save one if your health bar has not been too affected.
-Use all your items, traps and stun grenades. Free damage.
-If your equipment has not been upgraded to at least rank 9, I suggest doing so.

Good luck :p

Itsuki

-Take down the two aragami first, one by one, so you don't waste items in a multi boss battle mess. Lure the one you're targeting away if any of the others are near.
-Meteor Blood Bullets for big damages (recipes are on the previous page), recquire blast gun with blood bullets lvl 5. Kyuubi is weak to divine iirc.
-When he uses his Blood Power, run away and ask the team mates to follow you because they're dumb. If they died in the area of effect, let them be until it stops I guess. You may try to save one if your health bar has not been too affected.
-Use all your items, traps and stun grenades. Free damage.
-If your equipment has not been upgraded to at least rank 9, I suggest doing so.

Good luck :p

Thanks!. I'm going to try that.

LAA

Am I the only one who really wants this game localised for the west? :(

I did read about English trophy list being uploaded, which gives me a little hope, but not sure someone just translated it or whatever.

Shengar

What is the gameplay improvement they introduced here in GE2 that makes it different from GEB? Since I'm going to play GEB anytime soon, I want to have a picture what should I expect from GE2.

Parakeetman

What is the gameplay improvement they introduced here in GE2 that makes it different from GEB? Since I'm going to play GEB anytime soon, I want to have a picture what should I expect from GE2.

Just the blood arts skills along with the few extra moves that they added to the move sets. Though there is some other list of stuff that was improved based off of demo feedback with GE2. Someone posted some info on that here I think.

ramyeon

Just got this today and so far I'm loving it! Never played GEB since it never came over here and isn't on our PSN, so this is all new for me.

Can anyone clarify some stuff? When you use triangle to "eat" an enemy while they're still alive you gain a power up, I noticed I can shoot this over to my teammates... what does the power up do? I also noticed oftentimes it will level up to 2 or 3, how exactly does this work and what are the benefits?

Also wondering if there are any translated guides out there? Specifically with material lists and/or boss types/weaknesses since this seems to be fairly important with the bullets all having elemental types and whatnot.

Also where do you find Cotton (&#32191;)? I picked one up at some point during my rank 1 missions and used it to make a top, now I have no idea how to get more lol.

Parakeetman

Just got this today and so far I'm loving it! Never played GEB since it never came over here and isn't on our PSN, so this is all new for me.

Can anyone clarify some stuff? When you use triangle to "eat" an enemy while they're still alive you gain a power up, I noticed I can shoot this over to my teammates... what does the power up do? I also noticed oftentimes it will level up to 2 or 3, how exactly does this work and what are the benefits?

Also wondering if there are any translated guides out there? Specifically with material lists and/or boss types/weaknesses since this seems to be fairly important with the bullets all having elemental types and whatnot.

Also where do you find Cotton (&#32191;)? I picked one up at some point during my rank 1 missions and used it to make a top, now I have no idea how to get more lol.

let me eat dinner first then ill get to assisting you with the questions.

in the mean time go keep raiding all the sparkles around the map.

---

1: Eating an enemy when they are alive will give you an ability from said monster which you can use yourself or pass onto another teammate to use. Heres info on it at this site.
http://godeater.wikia.com/wiki/Status_Effects

2: Passing said ability to other players helps boost various stats. Higher the level the better, though wears off faster I think. Havent played in a while so memory is a bit hazy. Basically if you dont plan on using the shots pass em off to your team members who are gunners.

3: Just keep digging around the levels and harvesting from every enemy.

Go poking around here for info.

http://godeater.wikia.com/wiki/God_Eater_Wiki

Also some info for bullets for you. This is also pretty important and can be overwhelming at first. But advance the story so you can unlock more chips to use as you start off with not much.

http://godeater.wikia.com/wiki/Bullets

Top Bottom