• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Eater 2 |OT| Feed me Seymour!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
It's not like I hate the story, it just felt weird when during the first 1-2 hours of playing the missons took me less time than running around the base and watching the story events between them.
Guess it gets better when I stop rushing to have access to my equipment.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Im not too concerned bout my locked away equipment, since am building up a bunch of different stuff and money lol.

Moved on in the story so can do the other high level missions just to collect parts from monsters that are not in the main missions yet early and upgrading elemental sets which will be useful later on.

Relax and enjoy the game my friend haha

I kinda wished that they gave you that training room to go and mess with the weapons in. Since am relearning everything from the start again as the weapons function slightly different now. Besides the stuff I already got used to in the demo which was mainly the hammer and buster blade. Really like how the weapons feel more unique in the sense of having multiple combos now with sub moves also. Then toss in the Blood Arts and its a whole new ballgame. Very cool stuff though and dig it. Gives you more reason too to try out all the weapons and stick with them / doing all the moves in the move sets to build up / unlock the new skills.

cyborg009

Banned
Just looked through it quickly. Haven't played the demo and going into the full version fresh so not sure how major some of the problems were

Lock on range shortened for easier targeting
Tightened camera controls
Reduced the flashiness of blood art effects and other things that obscured the screen too much

Made it easier to use various weapon-specific moves, nerfs/buffs on a few things for balance
Improved aragami AI
Reduced knockback after taking damage
Strengthened npcs to make them less prone to quick deaths, various other glitches fixed
Usability improvements to the character creator
Adhoc party connection/stability improved
Fixed a bunch of bugs during event scenes

Great fixes but the AI was already perfect since God Eater Burst.

It's not like I hate the story, it just felt weird when during the first 1-2 hours of playing the missons took me less time than running around the base and watching the story events between them.
Guess it gets better when I stop rushing to have access to my equipment.

Wait until you go to those mission were you don't have the appropriate setup or challenge missions.

Parakeetman

Great fixes but the AI was already perfect since God Eater Burst.

Wait until you go to those mission were you don't have the appropriate setup or challenge missions.

Pretty much AI can mean a range of things, which also could include pathing problems if any. So with that being said wouldnt worry about them mentioning AI fixes as we dont know the exact details of what they fixed with it. As far as I can tell with what Ive seen so far the enemies seem to generally act the same as previous games. Though for some reason at times look to retreat faster to eat at those harvesting points. Could just be im doing so much damage that it sets the flag off faster.

Parakeetman

To those who were curious about the AVerMedia Live Gamer Portable, it doesnt work with the PSV Tv straight out of the box. Reason being is it blocks the signal due to the HDCP it seems. Still am messing with it currently to see if I can get it working. But right now signs are not good :/

Yeah its a no go till I can get a stand in item to go between the PSVTV and the AVerMedia LG Portable... Hopefully whats coming in tomorrow can remedy this bullshit. If not am going to have to go look at a solution from the US and really do not want to do that with shipping costs and all...

Parakeetman

That would be great.

Thanks for the reply back. Will get to work on that in a sec.

btw what version are you playing? PSP? Vita? Since will have to put that info in if its the PSP version

Just made up images of your first 5 vids. Folks can surf through your chan from there to watch the rest of your playthrough series.

Parakeetman

PSP

Thanks for that!

Will do adding that in right now. Just checked all the video links too upped in the OT and everything should be functioning normally.

---

Back on topic of the game, having played it so much in PSV TV I wonder if I can go back to the Vita haha. Man this is so awesome with a Dual Shock 3.

Advancing along nicely and messing around with all of the weapons. But by far my go to weapons are most def the Buster Blade, Long Blade and Boost Hammer.

The shotgun works great too. Though its a bit too easy to hit your allies with it. D: So need to use it when no one else is around your target or else mad blue on blue. Im about as bad as Canon on occasion D:

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, disappointing about the capture card. Why does the VitaTV even have HDCP, can it access the video store on PSN?

I'm probably going to stick with the buster blade, love me some big heavy slow weapons

The shotgun works great too. Though its a bit too easy to hit your allies with it. D: So need to use it when no one else is around your target or else mad blue on blue. Im about as bad as Canon on occasion D:

Is that a change from the demo? In my ridiculous amount of hours (
50 hours lol
in the demo, I very rarely hit anyone with the shotgun.

Or is that because I always fire it off at pointblank?

I always had Nana around, so there was always someone going melee.

BTW, on (NPC) AI, it's a general consensus among the JP boards that they are worse than GEB.

Parakeetman

Wow, disappointing about the capture card. Why does the VitaTV even have HDCP, can it access the video store on PSN?

I'm probably going to stick with the buster blade, love me some big heavy slow weapons

Yeah it has access to the Japanese video stores and such. Even then its still stupid. Its similar to the PS3s issue with recording devices and the HDCP BS. Not too happy about this considering the capture unit is worth 2 more Vita TVs lol

Is that a change from the demo? In my ridiculous amount of hours (
50 hours lol
in the demo, I very rarely hit anyone with the shotgun.

Or is that because I always fire it off at pointblank?

I always had Nana around, so there was always someone going melee.

BTW, on (NPC) AI, it's a general consensus among the JP boards that they are worse than GEB.

The shotgun seems to pierce the enemy even if you are up real close and hit allies behind and such. Could be that the spread is just huge, but most of the shots should be stopped by the monster, but seems to hit targets behind it regardless.

Yeah the friendly AI does not seem as bright as GE:B granted they are still pretty helpful, but dont seem as aggressive as they used to be. One thing I noticed is how they constantly pile on the burst shots to you, which is pretty cool I suppose. Its a lot more constant now in this game than Burst thats for sure.

Lain

jIqClzp.png
It makes me so sad

Dr. Leah looks great btw XD

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Sigh, why are there so many difficulty 2 missions in the game...
I've decided that I won't play the character episodes until I get my demo gear, since difficulty 3 can't be that far...
Well,
difficulty 2 missions later, I still haven't got there.

Parakeetman

Is it just me or is the game considerably easier than GEB?

One thing though the game likes to throw multiple enemies at you faster than GEB. I can imagine real later in the game its going to be a huge mess haha.

The high difficult missions feel more like how GEB ones did though.

Itsuki

I've been hearing that the game is more easy than GE/GEB, is that true?

Edit: Sorry, I didn't read the previous messages. If it's easy then I hope that the DLC missions are more harder. I really liked how difficult GE/GEB missions were.

Sitrus

And now they start throwing monsters with huge hp together xD
It gets somewhat harder when you get less members to help you too.

It was also really nice to see the
piano scene and watching that tank aragami on the vita screen.

Parakeetman

I've been hearing that the game is more easy than GE/GEB, is that true?

Edit: Sorry, I didn't read the previous messages. If it's easy then I hope that the DLC missions are more harder. I really liked how difficult GE/GEB missions were.

Its just the start of the game, am sure later on the difficulty will be ramped up. The demo had some crazy missions with a ton of enemies in it.

And remember folks any SPOILERS must be put in the spoiler tags.

One thing I can say though is the friendly AI is less bright than the previous GE game. One thing that shows it is how they deal with pathing and get stuck at times or collide into eachother when all the friendly NPCs run in the same direction. Quite unfortunate and hope they keep working on it. Since what they had was fucking FANTASTIC in the previous GE + GE Burst. Almost to the level that other companies should take note.

Only other J developed game that I was happy with the AI was Dragons Dogma.

Parakeetman

Double posting as usual, but since this is my thread for once I can say fuck it lol.

Anyways some good news is I managed to get the AVerMedia Live Gamer Portable working with the PSV Tv so will record some footage and whatnots then throw it up onto my empty YT chan to link here.

One question though for you more technically adept folks here, do any of you guys know of a good free simple video editing software? Its mainly just to do things like cut off unnecessary bits of footage and what not. Not looking for like after effects kinda editing.

One thing though the game likes to throw multiple enemies at you faster than GEB. I can imagine real later in the game its going to be a huge mess haha.

I have mixed feelings that they reduced Gubo-tan's ridiculous range. dat snipe from halfway the map.

Does Flash Stealth still work?

VXLbeast

Double posting as usual, but since this is my thread for once I can say fuck it lol.

Anyways some good news is I managed to get the AVerMedia Live Gamer Portable working with the PSV Tv so will record some footage and whatnots then throw it up onto my empty YT chan to link here.

One question though for you more technically adept folks here, do any of you guys know of a good free simple video editing software? Its mainly just to do things like cut off unnecessary bits of footage and what not. Not looking for like after effects kinda editing.

Avidemux is apparently pretty good, although don't ask me how to use it, lol.

Parakeetman

I have mixed feelings that they reduced Gubo-tan's ridiculous range. dat snipe from halfway the map.

No idea what flash stealth is lol

Avidemux is apparently pretty good, although don't ask me how to use it, lol.

Thanks for the info Ill look into it. Found out that MS has their own free program also in the Windows Live Essentials DL so went and am using that for the time being. Just for cutting out combining stuff its pretty good so far!

---

Currently uploading the test video now. For some reason its just a little dark, but should be ok.

Sorry, I meant Stun-Stealth. I'm more used to the term Flash Bang from Counter Strike days, LOL.

Stun Grenade → Stealth Field

Makes it easier to do a tactical retreat/getting my feet back up.

Parakeetman

Sorry, I meant Stun-Stealth. I'm more used to the term Flash Bang from Counter Strike days, LOL.

Stun Grenade → Stealth Field

Makes it easier to do a tactical retreat/getting my feet back up.

Never tried that actually. I pretty much only use the stun grenades just to stop the enemy for a second so I can pull off full attack combos.

---

Also added up the recorded footage from the game playing on the PSVita TV. Its on the OP down at the bottom. Or if you dont want to click back leaving link here too.

Parakeetman

Words are flying that Tri-Ace is found at ending staff credit, hmm...

Wonder why that would be? Since its not really like there was a massive change to the games combat system that much. I mean new moves and what not sure, but it still controls the same.

We dont have uber full on CG scenes either.

Wonder what they did if they really are in the credits.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Wonder why that would be? Since its not really like there was a massive change to the games combat system that much. I mean new moves and what not sure, but it still controls the same.

Possibly art assets and some visual design since that's what they do sometimes.

They tend to just dip their hands in everything. Like Kayos said, it wouldn't be a stretch if they just helped with assets and some other little things here and there.

Unrelated: Go Shiina's work on GE2 is so good. Why the fuck doesn't NB use him more? WHY DON'T THEY FORCE HIM TO DO MORE TALES? T______T

Parakeetman

They tend to just dip their hands in everything. Like Kayos said, it wouldn't be a stretch if they just helped with assets and some other little things here and there.

Unrelated: Go Shiina's work on GE2 is so good. Why the fuck doesn't NB use him more? WHY DON'T THEY FORCE HIM TO DO MORE TALES? T______T

Yeah Im totally digging the games music. Epic stuff I must say.

Though its a shame the Engrish OP music is such fucking garbage compared to the previous titles OP... :/ That song / the band they chose ruins the whole thing seriously.

Parakeetman

Seems it didn't make it (or it's not listed on the site).
Great ost in general though.

Thank you.

Ill be sure to post the OST information here once they release it. Just checked amazon and did not see it yet.

cyborg009

Banned
Never tried that actually. I pretty much only use the stun grenades just to stop the enemy for a second so I can pull off full attack combos.

---

Also added up the recorded footage from the game playing on the PSVita TV. Its on the OP down at the bottom. Or if you dont want to click back leaving link here too.

Why didn't you attack the device on his back? Its breakable.

He was never a issue, so reducing it was pointless.

Parakeetman

Why didn't you attack the device on his back? Its breakable.

He was never a issue, so reducing it was pointless.

Yes I know its breakable but the fucker usually dies before it breaks. Thats my general problem in the game. Most things I kill before their parts break. And that video was just a demo video anyways so its not like am trying to showcase anything asides from what recorded footage of the PSV TV looks like.

The one in the demo was harder to kill, so you could break most of the parts.

---

No mention of Alisa iM@S costume from HMV?

Hope my copy from them arrives on Monday.

Also, someone uploaded the OST on youtube.

Thats pretty cool, didnt see it on the main HP so was unfamiliar with its existence. Am sure my buddy will get a kick out of this.

You would think that they would have had that on the main page considering how big Im@s is and such.

I actually kind of regret getting a PS4 now. After I'm done with AC4 and possibly Killzone there won't be anything good out for months/years.

Would have been better and cheaper for me to pick up a Vita and just wait till the PS4 had some stuff lined up for it that I'm interested in.

Looks like my impatience got the better of me again. :/

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I've just unlocked the 4th difficulty level (finally, my weapons were getting a bit weak near the end of 3).

It's best to clear character episodes asap, because the NPCs really become way more useful with all the additional skills.

Parakeetman

I've just unlocked the 4th difficulty level (finally, my weapons were getting a bit weak near the end of 3).

It's best to clear character episodes asap, because the NPCs really become way more useful with all the additional skills.

Not to mention the Blood Bullet points for leveling it up from once you get past a certain part in the story. So grinding it out before then you lose out on a lot of potential points.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I've upgraded my whole equipment to Tier 4 but man, those Diff 4 monsters are taking a really long time to kill.

Parakeetman

I've upgraded my whole equipment to Tier 4 but man, those Diff 4 monsters are taking a really long time to kill.

Thats a good thing considering how some were worried the game got too easy. lol

Granted it does start off a lot easier seeing how fast you can roflstomp the bosses.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
My character after 16 hours of playing.
Still on the 4th Rank and I really need to start making my own bullets. I have no idea how to properly use this system and from what I've seen the manual and the in-game help don't really have any extensive explanation of all the options.
u9eBZdZ.jpg

Top Bottom