• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Eater 2: Rage Burst - [OT] "What big teeth you've got!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Its funny seeing assets from 3 hardware generations in this game. I was looking at the sniper rifles and some of the uprezzed PSP models look hideous on PS4. You can clearly seen the poly count/texture jumps from PSP->Vita->PS4.

lol yeah it is most def a weird feeling. am looking forward to seeing the new areas and aragamis though, since those wont be held vack by the psp

hopefully if this sells well it will mean that we will get god eater 3 faster. most def would be nice to get a version limited only by the vita hardware.

Nice OT,i'll hold off in buying it since a english localization is possible this time and march/april has too many games already lol.I'll be looking for some streams.

Thanks!

Considering it does not play like Toukiden, perhaps? Go make a JPSN account and get the demo and try it out for yourself! Both PSV and PS4 demos are present! Should be the fastest way to find out if you will like it or not.

Cool, thanks! I'll give the demos a shot once I can finally pry myself off MH4U.

Hope I like this. I really like the aesthetic; all the characters look like they just walked straight out of Shinjuku into a post apocolyptic setting.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Its stupid period. End of discussion. On top of no option to switch the useless function off.

No I dont connect it to the controller because the controller is not my audio output source obviously.

As stated again its USELESS as an audio output source when headsets are added into the equation, because even with max volume you still cant really hear whats coming out of the controller and not on the shitty little speakers it uses anyways. Remember just because you like something does not suddenly = its not a problem. As this is a HUGE design fuckup done in order to make Sony feel better about one of the other useless functionality features that they usually shove into their devices. Previous gen was the Sixaxis motion controls. The Vita has the rear touch screen.

Thankfully the PSP did not have anything stupid like that included and was an actual non ME TOO type of device.

The PS4 also should just have a standard system option which is to tell the controller speaker to fuck off which then forces the game to play audio through the main channel instead, that sort of shit should be a TRC requirement seriously to prevent scenarios where audio is forced through the controller with no in game option to switch it off.

------

In other news currently doing up the videos showing off the weapons. Will take a while since seems that the UL takes around 30m + whatever time it takes for processing which is an unknown as they do not display an ETC for that D: Doing the variant scythe vid first. Will add those to the weapon section when the ULs complete.
Wow, cool down there, buddy.
DS4 has a headphone jack (just like the Wii U gamepad) so I don't really see anything weird in connecting any kind of headphones to it. I was playing quite a few games like this and it felt the same as playing PC games or anything else with headphones.

As for the volume -> you can change it in accessory/gamepad options in the PS4 settings.

Sorry, I still don't see it as a problem, even in GE2RB. Remember, just because you feel very emotional about something and don't like it, it doesn't mean that it's bad design.

Parakeetman

Wow, cool down there, buddy.
DS4 has a headphone jack (just like the Wii U gamepad) so I don't really see anything weird in connecting any kind of headphones to it. I was playing quite a few games like this and it felt the same as playing PC games or anything else with headphones.

As for the volume -> you can change it in accessory/gamepad options in the PS4 settings.

Sorry, I still don't see it as a problem, even in GE2RB. Remember, just because you feel very emotional about something and don't like it, it doesn't mean that it's bad design.

people with attitudes like yours is the exact reason why stupid decisions like this get made in the first place. the fact that you are unable to understand why this is an actual design issue shows that you are only thinking of yourself and not the larger issue which is that it will effect and irritate many others all for some stupid gimmick that adds nothing meaningful to the overall experience.

the fact that they were unable to have an option to shut the shit off and have it function normally shows 2 things either sony wanted them to make use of their worthless hardware gimmick or they had the choice of putting it on or not as they were unable to find a middle ground in time. which explains the blog post and them understanding that there was an issue with the feature and to strike first against negatvity to have information available on the issue.

the job of a producer is to make sure shit like this does not make it into the game as it just causes more issues in the long run and it is not such an important game changing feature that they could not have done without.

the fact that they knew about the issue and apologizes for it just goes to show that its a flawed design mechanic. this is not an opinion but a fact that a part of the game which should function normally does not if headphones are not used in a particular manner. on top of acknowledging the issue means that during the design process it was caught and still pushed through due to poor judgement.

not everyone wants to hear audio through the speakers on the controller on top of the fact that it can be considered important audio too the messages from the operator.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
people with attitudes like yours is the exact reason why stupid decisions like this get made in the first place. the fact that you are unable to understand why this is an actual design issue shows that you are only thinking of yourself and not the larger issue which is that it will effect and irritate many others all for some stupid gimmick that adds nothing meaningful to the overall experience.

the fact that they were unable to have an option to shut the shit off and have it function normally shows 2 things either sony wanted them to make use of their worthless hardware gimmick or they had the choice of putting it on or not as they were unable to find a middle ground in time. which explains the blog post and them understanding that there was an issue with the feature and to strike first against negatvity to have information available on the issue.

the job of a producer is to make sure shit like this does not make it into the game as it just causes more issues in the long run and it is not such an important game changing feature that they could not have done without.

the fact that they knew about the issue just goes to show that its a flawed design mechanic.
If you are talking about the lack of the option to turn it off, I agree that it's a bad thing.
As for the sound from a controller, I think it depends on the context and that it's pretty cool in RB.
I would also appreciate If you'd stop with the aggressive attitude. :)

Parakeetman

the whole general response from the devs is fairly worthless considering it does not solve the issue and all messing with the volume settings for the controller does is shuts off sound from the controller and not actually restore the particular audio back to the main audio output device. this is of course in the event that the audio output device is not run through the controller itself hence the issue.

maouvin

Another great OT, man :)

When they said about the dual release I was sure I'd double dip at launch (whenever localized), but then the JP PS4 demo made me go "eeeeeh not so much" . Was greatly uninpressed.
Oh well, maybe I expected too much.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
the whole general response from the devs is fairly worthless considering it does not solve the issue and all messing with the volume settings for the controller does is shuts off sound from the controller and not actually restore the particular audio back to the main audio output device. this is of course in the event that the audio output device is not run through the controller itself hence the issue.
At least they replied to the black frame issue, although I still think there's something wrong with the game since it acts like that on some (newer?) TVs. Like I said in the other thread, changing the PS4 screen size settings fixes it for RB, but breaks all other games...

YeoB7Zo.jpg
Only 7+ hours until I can play it!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I use a PS Gold headset and the operator comes through the headset when its on.

That's weird.

Parakeetman

I use a PS Gold headset and the operator comes through the headset when its on.

That's weird.

if it runs through the ps4 itself it should work, but things like plugging directly into an outside source such as a monitor all other sounds but the operator work. Its the same sort of functionality if you plug a headset into the controller itself.

Parakeetman

Another great OT, man :)

When they said about the dual release I was sure I'd double dip at launch (whenever localized), but then the JP PS4 demo made me go "eeeeeh not so much" . Was greatly uninpressed.
Oh well, maybe I expected too much.

Thanks!

I went and picked up both the PS4 and PSV versions, just because I switch between the two often enough. Its too bad they did not have an omochidashi pack, but all the better I suppose as my 3rd 64GB card is getting full up D:

Still have to progress further into the game to get to all the new content, but its nice with all the new added features that really improves on what GE2 originally had.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Finally unlocked Blood Rage in the full version, but it took a bit more time than I expected. Really liking all the changes, although I really wish they didn't reset the post-story story for people who already cleared it, since not having access to the equipment which I worked hard to make is a bit annoying.
That said, I really got into the skill install and friend ability systems. Tinkering with both is so much fun.

Parakeetman

hmmm ps4 might be dying thing is turning itself off on its own. will have to call sony support later today. &#931;(&#12494;&#1076;<)

time to play the vita ver instead.

was in the middle of customizing my equipment and skills too (&#12494;-_-)&#12494;~&#9531;&#9473;&#9531;

really like all of the changes with rage burst adds a lot more to the title than the vanilla version. plus includes all previous ge2 content.

This is the kind of game I want to be playing on my PS4, but they don't even announce it before it launches it Japan :( Which makes the wait so much more unbearable.

Parakeetman

Parakeet, you better put some info about transferring the demo save to the full version and that you have to choose "continue" and not "import". 2 people I know already reset their story progress by mistake, lol.
Jin even wrote an article about this.

Went and quoted this post in the demo section under the translated demo save file transfer file section. Thanks for this am sure you saved some peoples data with the info lol

------

PS4 is pretty much dead so will need to just go and break out the white prinny. Sending this one off to get fixed will set me back about 150 and the best part is have to send it to the US from Japan so that will be a while till I get it back. At least I have this backup unit to replace it in the mean time. Power unit is shot to shit apparently.

The new and permanent primary.

Parakeetman

Must say that the variant scythe is a pretty great addition to the game. Really digging it but yeah most def you will need to have bullets that can break parts as the scythe is all about slashing and not breaking things. The range on it is INSANE too helps when there are a large number of trash mobs around.

Though I need to work on the timing of my defense and such, since Im still not familiar enough with the animations to know when I can break out of it to defend. But that should come with time spent using it.

Overall am very happy with all of the changes in Rage Burst. Very good stuff.

Verelios

God damn I want that Prinny console.

Great job on the thread Parakeetman. I might import it but I'm not even sure if I'll get time to play between MH4 and Toukiden.

Parakeetman

God damn I want that Prinny console.

Great job on the thread Parakeetman. I might import it but I'm not even sure if I'll get time to play between MH4 and Toukiden.

Thanks!

It was / still is? a special on the Sony Store some promotion for the upcoming Disgaea 5. They also had docodemo issho and Metal Gear V / Ground Zeroes related ones.

http://store.sony.jp/Special/Game/Ps4/Customise/

It looks the MGS one is over as it is no longer listed in the link above.

Yeah thats the problem with games in the genre is that when you have multiple ones to go through can be a HUGE time sink. I know how that is most def haha.

Wont have any new game footage for a while as had totally restarted data as I forgot what was going on with the story. Should be able to catch up if I just blow past most of the story stuff to get to where I was. The only downside will be all of the built up stats will take some time to fully recover.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Finally got to rank 11 and can use my Shirogane set from the vanilla games.
I'm really enjoying the game so far. It's awesome that they put dlc from ge2 and the new stuff in ranks 7+. The post-story story in the original felt really half assed.
Too bad that this thread feels so dead :(

Parakeetman

Finally got to rank 11 and can use my Shirogane set from the vanilla games.
I'm really enjoying the game so far. It's awesome that they put dlc from ge2 and the new stuff in ranks 7+. The post-story story in the original felt really half assed.
Too bad that this thread feels so dead :(

Its more folks are waiting for a localized version I think. Which is why there are not too many users here who have the game. That and am sure The Order took some folks away too currently as they would be playing through that lol.

Its one reason why I had blown through The Order in one sitting right after it went live on PSN to be able to get back to my God Eater 2: RB data, since restarted as mentioned above.

Next week this place will be even more dead with the Dragon Quest Heroes release :D:

Wont help that Ill have to be watching that one also since am doing the OT for it. Which reminds me thats pretty much what Ill be doing all day tomorrow is getting that ready.

Sitrus

I was planning on getting this, but since I got some of my friends to finally play MH4 with me, I haven't got the time to sink my teeth into this one.

For those who have finished it, how long is the new story mode?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I was planning on getting this, but since I got some of my friends to finally play MH4 with me, I haven't got the time to sink my teeth into this one.

It's supposed to be the same length as the original story. After 6+ hours I am just a few missions into r11 and there are 14+ ranks total (there's an achievement for having a r15 piece of equipment).

Parakeetman

Hmm weird there is no information on what the skill &#12514;&#12531;&#12463; does. There is the older data on what the previous item did, but this time it seems to be its own skill that does not show up in the database.

No useful &#25915;&#30053; sites out yet either. As older data has changed a bit from 2 -> 2RB.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Hmm weird there is no information on what the skill &#12514;&#12531;&#12463; does. There is the older data on what the previous item did, but this time it seems to be its own skill that does not show up in the database.

No useful &#25915;&#30053; sites out yet either. As older data has changed a bit from 2 -> 2RB.
If you press the details button in the skill instal menu it shows what exactly is inside the skills iirc. I remember checking out Monk, but I don't remember what it was.

Parakeetman

If you press the details button in the skill instal menu it shows what exactly is inside the skills iirc. I remember checking out Monk, but I don't remember what it was.

If it matches the old stuff its a combination of different skills which mainly are focused on healing + melee but lowers effectiveness with ranged.

Ill have to try that.

Odd though that they do not have it listed in the archives.

I should tweet the producer about that, since seems like an oversight that it is not included?

Really like the ability to find / add on new skills to your existing equipment really adds a new level of OCD to the game. Plus great for making multiple sets of favorite equipment, but outfitted for different situations / needs. Very cool stuff. Really am impressed with how much they have improved on the GE2 mechanics once again.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
If it matches the old stuff its a combination of different skills which mainly are focused on healing + melee but lowers effectiveness with ranged.

Ill have to try that.

Odd though that they do not have it listed in the archives.

I should tweet the producer about that, since seems like an oversight that it is not included?
It's not in the archives, because it's just a combination of 3 or 4 other skills, I guess? There's a ton of those combinations and I guess the database only covers the compound skills. You can check all the skills directly from where you'd be using them (skill instal), so it's not like they're hiding the information from you.

Parakeetman

It's not in the archives, because it's just a combination of 3 or 4 other skills, I guess? There's a ton of those combinations and I guess the database only covers the compound skills. You can check all the skills directly from where you'd be using them (skill instal), so it's not like they're hiding the information from you.

Its not a matter of hiding the information, but more that the whole point of the database is to provide info for the player. Should not be too hard for them to include it in a patch as it is just text, unless the database itself has some sort of limitation on it, which I do doubt.

Since it is just listing the skill name in the skill column then what skills it contains is displayed when the accept button is pressed displaying the details.

Parakeetman

Any reviews out for this yet?

Its a vast improvement over GE2 which adds more story content, a new weapon type, aragami and areas. Thats all the review information you need.

One thing folks need to remember though is that the game was designed from PSP limitations for the GE2 content as it was released dual platform PSP / PSV. So do not really expect to see nicer stuff till you reach the Rage Burst content later on. Graphics between the PS4 and PSV version while the PS4 does look a lot more crisp and game does handle well, the enviros and other things are still using the same general models as the original version.

Controls work great on the DS4 also.

That and generally here in Japan reviews are not all that common of a thing outside of the mainstream sources. Then you have random blog posts. So its not the same as the garbage in the West and truthfully do prefer how things are here for the most part. As its a lot less bullshit to sift through. What happened lately with The Order is a good example.

Falk

that puzzling face
Its more folks are waiting for a localized version I think.

To be completely realistic, this game (or franchise rather) is about as niche as other semi-breakout hits on PSP. If it does get localized we'll see how much BN is willing to push marketing out, and even then I'm not sure it's gonna hit anywhere close to Tales numbers, which is already pretty niche by western standards.

As to where all the GE2 OT regulars went, your guess is as good as mine. ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Parakeetman

To be completely realistic, this game (or franchise rather) is about as niche as other semi-breakout hits on PSP. If it does get localized we'll see how much BN is willing to push marketing out, and even then I'm not sure it's gonna hit anywhere close to Tales numbers, which is already pretty niche by western standards.

As to where all the GE2 OT regulars went, your guess is as good as mine. ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Though the current trend with Bandai Namco is that they have been a lot more aggressive now than in the past with localizing titles it seems. Even the niche stuff. Compounded with the new found interest in the "hunting" genre in the West and various titles have been released and generally well received am sure they will bring this "complete" version out. Even if it is in just digital format, such as done with SAO:HF for example.

There is also the Anime to consider, which would help bring folks up to speed on events previously and allow people to feel more comfortable with jumping into GE2. Seeing how the anime is slated to release in Japan around Summer, can imagine the West will be in a similar position with how a lot of localized / licensed anime come out fairly close as the JP releases.

A lot of the fanbase from Freedom wars would wander over also as the design style is similar due to the dev house behind it.

As long as they are smart with their localization budget and get it up to a decent level of quality the title should do well enough on its own to at least not put them in the red with it Id imagine. Gameplay is different enough from the other released titles in the genre to allow this to stand on its own also.

In short they got a pretty good situation on hand which would allow for a proposal to be pushed through if it already has not been with localizing the title.

In regards to the thread being quiet, not really concerned about that as I make OTs for titles I like, not because I want attention. Its like setting up a bar, I did it because I wanted to and if customers show up to hang around thats cool, if not does not bother me one bit lol. Just minus the financial investment of course. I figure too less people importing this time around with the high possibility of a localized version. That and with the upcoming games esp Bloodborne folks are most def saving $$$. If we were more in a drought type of period with releases Id imagine this thread would be a bit more active.

Zephyx

Great job as always on the OT! I wish I could play this now. I'm really digging the mobility changes they introduced to the short sword.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Been having a blast with Rage Burst. Played quite a bit with Hasemo over the weekend, and got my buddy to buy the game (despite his lack of Japanese knowledge).

Running Long Sword/Sniper and having a blast. I ran with scythe for a while, and I'm tempted to switch back once I get mats for one that has comparable damage to my long sword.

The blood art I have on my long sword right now, though, shoots out waves on each swing, and that's hard not to love. I might stick with it!

Also, being new to Long sword, I didn't realize (until I was futzing around with buttons) that if you do [ ] -> R1+[ ] -> R1+ [ ] you go into a defensive stance and shoot out a close range bullet. I'm not sure the application, but I imagine it's perfect for fending off monsters in a pinch.

I'm Rank 4 now, but I need to help friends catch up, so I might be stuck at Rank 4 for a bit.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Been having a blast with Rage Burst. Played quite a bit with Hasemo over the weekend, and got my buddy to buy the game (despite his lack of Japanese knowledge).

Running Long Sword/Sniper and having a blast. I ran with scythe for a while, and I'm tempted to switch back once I get mats for one that has comparable damage to my long sword.

The blood art I have on my long sword right now, though, shoots out waves on each swing, and that's hard not to love. I might stick with it!

Also, being new to Long sword, I didn't realize (until I was futzing around with buttons) that if you do [ ] -> R1+[ ] -> R1+ [ ] you go into a defensive stance and shoot out a close range bullet. I'm not sure the application, but I imagine it's perfect for fending off monsters in a pinch.
Iirc R1+[ ] -> R1+ [ ] alone is enough for that defensive shot. A pretty neat attack.

Parakeetman

I'm Rank 4 now, but I need to help friends catch up, so I might be stuck at Rank 4 for a bit.

they toned it down from how it used to work before where you could constantly fire it nonstop till your op ran out. would rip breakable parts to shreds.

it still should be able to break parts.

Great job as always on the OT! I wish I could play this now. I'm really digging the mobility changes they introduced to the short sword.

Thanks!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
they toned it down from how it used to work before where you could constantly fire it nonstop till your op ran out. would rip breakable parts to shreds.

it still should be able to break parts.
Is it stronger than a regular shot?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
not sure i have not tested it yet with damage numbers on as have been literally manning only the scythe currently.
I mean that you can fire any gun constantly while you have op, so I don't get how that attack would be better than shooting normally. Never used a long sword in vanilla GE2 though.

Parakeetman

Listening to you guys, I really hope there's an auto sort/ folder function for parts and items.

the only thing that does not seem to have a sort feature is the jinki skills that you earn after missions. wish i could sort them would make the job of clearing unnecessary ones faster

Parakeetman

How's the additional story arc for Rage Burst?

It's supposed to be the same length as the original story. After 6+ hours I am just a few missions into r11 and there are 14+ ranks total (there's an achievement for having a r15 piece of equipment).

Was up a few posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom