• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Eater 2: Rage Burst - [OT] "What big teeth you've got!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Hit Rank 6 over the weekend. Still loving the game. Despite picking up DQH, I keep coming back to this and play a few multiplayer rounds with randoms. Still having a blast with it.

Really wish I could build a high powered, non-elemental weapon that didn't look like a starter, though.

have another OT to do but hope that after it is done i can return to progressing in this game.

though if there is one thing god eater needs is a bit cooler designs for the weapons though. esp the hammers as dear god do most look like lumps of shit lol

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
have another OT to do but hope that after it is done i can return to progressing in this game.

though if there is one thing god eater needs is a bit cooler designs for the weapons though. esp the hammers as dear god do most look like lumps of shit lol

I like a lot of the weapon designs, but they're usually not for the best damage weapon I can make. It's a real shame sometimes.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I finally cleared the story. Really liked it, although they went Evangelion levels of anime in the last part.

A few interesting facts:
- The main story with credits etc. ends in rank 14, but after that you can do one last mission labeled as story in rank 15, which unlocks character episodes for the last few characters. I don't know if clearing those episodes will unlock any more story missions, but since the story had a really strong closure, I doubt it.
- Clearing the story finally unlocked the last upgrade for my rank 11 Shirogane stuff, which will go straight to rank 15. I don't like it - I did the whole RB content with my Shirogane set and while it was far from weak (most missions cleared solo in 5-10 min), I felt zero sense of personal progression aside from the skill install.

And speaking of skills, I really like what I got from one of the last missions:
z4VBGzR.jpg

Edit:
Too bad that wikis for RB are terrible. I didn't find even one with r15 items, so I'll have to take photos of required materials and check all the quests to find out where to get those items.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Sorry for double posting.

I finished all the character episodes today. Didn't get the trophy, since you apparently must watch cutscenes in the archive for the episodes completed in vanilla if you transferred your save and I have no idea where it is in the second base, ha ha.

As for the episodes themselves, two felt a bit forced, but one had a lot of character interactions and credits afterwards.
I think the only story part I have left is one side story in the "Extras" section. Should be done with it in under an hour, I guess.

I know I said it already, but the lack of decent information regarding item upgrades is a huge turn off for me. When I finally found a wiki which lists materials required for rank 15 equipment I tried googling to see what drops them and got no results for some. I tried going through mission rewards for each mission, but no luck there either. That said, my r11 weapons with a few new skills are tearing through enemies in rank 15 so I guess the new stuff would only be useful for high difficulty r13+, since monsters there have a tons of hp.

Kysen

stuff would only be useful for high difficulty r13+, since monsters there have a tons of hp.

This is no joke, I decided to do one of the harder missions to level up some blood arts. 20min later doing non stop critical hits and the trio of aragami finally die. Definitely going to leave most of those missions for online play.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Finally back from PAX, so I'm jumping back into Rage Burst! Looking forward to making some more progress.

Kysen

I'm three trophies from the platinum 90hrs in. Have maxed the blood arts for all the weapons but the short sword. I can't get enough of the game lol. Also mid way through my custom GE themed PS4 project as well(will post pics soon).

Parakeetman

I'm three trophies from the platinum 90hrs in. Have maxed the blood arts for all the weapons but the short sword. I can't get enough of the game lol. Also mid way through my custom GE themed PS4 project as well(will post pics soon).

Nice! oh damn thats pretty insane you managed to about max out all the blood arts. That stuff takes a while lol

Just got Rage Burst in the mail yesterday ^__^ I'm having so much fun so far, plays very similar to Freedom Wars.

I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out what each Menu is for in the terminal but I'll figure it out eventually like I did with Phantasy Star Nova.

3Kaze

Beat the game. What the fuck was that shitty ending :lol
The difficulty spike in some of the last chapters was ridiculous, the ally AI were useless and died a lot more than I did, thankfully the Blood Rage system is broken. Now trying to get the platinum trophy, rank 15 solo survival mission trophy seems quite scary.

Quick question before I spend waste time doing weird stuff between GE2 and GE2RB.

How do you + an equip in RB? (i.e. クロガネ槍型+2 instead of just クロガネ槍型)

Kysen

You use the new game mechanic called skill install. Take any 遺された神機with +1 attached and put it on your choice weapon. Then that weapon will get improved stats. The only issue with it currently is for non-maxed weapons you need to leave a slot free with a junk skill that you dont mind replacing each time.

So, it'd be faster to just +6/8 a weapon/armor in GE2 than do it in GE2RB? Especially for weapons that don't need anything past High Density cores.

What's the highest +X you can do? 10, like skills? Up to +30.

Parakeetman

*New Short Story Episode [Operators Story] (accessible after clearing the game and from the mission counter selecting "Extras" and the mission name オペレーター物語)

*New Missions (Challenge Mission "Holiday Pack")
  • Contains missions used during the Fenril Cup 2015
  • Fghting powerful aragami in new special challenge missions.
  • New Single Mission that includes materials which can be used to craft new weapons in the following categiroes Long Blade, Buster Blade, Charge Spear, Boost Hammer, Variant Scythe
  • 2 New special mission which is available for play after beating the game.

*Pre-order Bonus Aragami Orochi has become unlocked for all players in the mission 多頭の邪神 (need to have game cleared first before accessing from the mission screen)

*New Aragami subspecies Crimson Orochi

*Additional Jinki parts have been added

*Additional Jinki Parts abilities added

*Juke Box added, can be found in the lounge

*Collaboration contents added. Pachinko God Eater (Kerotto / Kerorun)

Hope that helps and thanks for waiting.

Kysen

Finally got round to wiring up my PS4 after finishing the design weeks ago. Turns out that piggybacking off the bluray drive power doesn't work. The moment the PS4 detects the increased draw it turns off. So bye bye fancy fading/dimming with the micro controller I added. Pictures were taken using battery power for the LEDs.

thetrin

*New Short Story Episode [Operators Story] (accessible after clearing the game and from the mission counter selecting "Extras" and the mission name オペレーター物語)

*New Missions (Challenge Mission "Holiday Pack")
  • Contains missions used during the Fenril Cup 2015
  • Fghting powerful aragami in new special challenge missions.
  • New Single Mission that includes materials which can be used to craft new weapons in the following categiroes Long Blade, Buster Blade, Charge Spear, Boost Hammer, Variant Scythe
  • 2 New special mission which is available for play after beating the game.

*Pre-order Bonus Aragami Orochi has become unlocked for all players in the mission 多頭の邪神 (need to have game cleared first before accessing from the mission screen)

*New Aragami subspecies Crimson Orochi

*Additional Jinki parts have been added

*Additional Jinki Parts abilities added

*Juke Box added, can be found in the lounge

*Collaboration contents added. Pachinko God Eater (Kerotto / Kerorun)

Hope that helps and thanks for waiting.

Oh, sorry if I was vague in my previous post. I actually meant "I wonder what's in that update I saw my PS4 download...EDIT: oh, nevermind, found the post about it".

Feel bad that you rushed home to translate something I already understood in japanese!

On another note, I've had a hankering lately to play more RB. I'm in story 90, if anyone is up for playing some time. Might be a good time to start playing again before GER hits.

Parakeetman

Oh, sorry if I was vague in my previous post. I actually meant "I wonder what's in that update I saw my PS4 download...EDIT: oh, nevermind, found the post about it".

Feel bad that you rushed home to translate something I already understood in japanese!

On another note, I've had a hankering lately to play more RB. I'm in story 90, if anyone is up for playing some time. Might be a good time to start playing again before GER hits.

lol no problem had thought it was odd to since knew you could read japanese too!

thetrin

Got through the GE2 base content this weekend finally, and I'm working through RB content. I also just started messing with bullet editing, and I'm really getting the hang of it!

I switched away from Blast for a but, but now that I understand it's reserve mechanic, I'm definitely switching back. Way more interesting bullets than sniper, too.

Parakeetman

Got through the GE2 base content this weekend finally, and I'm working through RB content. I also just started messing with bullet editing, and I'm really getting the hang of it!

I switched away from Blast for a but, but now that I understand it's reserve mechanic, I'm definitely switching back. Way more interesting bullets than sniper, too.

Very cool. Yeah the bullet editing is great once you have the majority of the stuff opened up. I really do dig blast also, as it helps me break parts when I do not have a weapon equipped with crushing damage. Really useful stuff!

Its still incredible all of the crazy bullet designs people have come up with though. Esp the hilarious OP ones.

Id wish Bandai Namco / Dimps would stop dragging their feet and just get us a PS4 / PSV God Eater 3 already. lol

Kysen

I can't go back to blast after abusing meteor spam in ge2(even worse in this game). Sniper all the way, love how much critical damage you can do.

Parakeetman

I can't go back to blast after abusing meteor spam in ge2(even worse in this game). Sniper all the way, love how much critical damage you can do.

My problem is Im in the face of the enemy most of the time which is why I usually use blast. I have not messed with sniper too much yet though.

I try really hard not to go and make those uber BS bullets just so I dont totally break the game and get worse with melee combat lol.

thetrin

I'm using some unlocked sniper rounds right now, but what is the recommended bullet edit for sniper?

Parakeetman

i wonder if there are any useful shotgun round builds right now all ive done with those is make sticky shots that explode into buckshot after coming into contact with an enemy after a second?

thetrin

i wonder if there are any useful shotgun round builds right now all ive done with those is make sticky shots that explode into buckshot after coming into contact with an enemy after a second?

Is there a wiki for bullet edit?

Kysen

There's a dude on yt with recipes and tests I'll post the link when I'm off work. He makes bullets for all the gun types. I have a strike freedom esq assault type bullet he made, fin funnel spam.

Shengar

Finally got round to wiring up my PS4 after finishing the design weeks ago. Turns out that piggybacking off the bluray drive power doesn't work. The moment the PS4 detects the increased draw it turns off. So bye bye fancy fading/dimming with the micro controller I added. Pictures were taken using battery power for the LEDs.

This is amazing and more people should've seen it.

Parakeetman

There's a dude on yt with recipes and tests I'll post the link when I'm off work. He makes bullets for all the gun types. I have a strike freedom esq assault type bullet he made, fin funnel spam.

Cool will be looking forward to checking out those vids when you are back.

Is there a wiki for bullet edit?

Had not really found anything useful outside of the usual wiki stuff unfortunately. Though had not looked for anything new since after Rage Burst released.

Ill try check now.

http://wikiwiki.jp/godeater2rb/?%A5%D0%A5%EC%A5%C3%A5%C8

http://blog.livedoor.jp/yahata_8/archives/8720896.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSa0HHgOlqg

for some stuff lol looks like people started to fill things out

So quick question(s), I've been playing through Burst (1st game) and I'm thinking of going straight into Rage Burst after it...

1.Can I fumble through it with no knowledge of Japanese?

2.Is new content done through patches? (this will mainly decide if I buy ps4 or Vita)

Parakeetman

So quick question(s), I've been playing through Burst (1st game) and I'm thinking of going straight into Rage Burst after it...

1.Can I fumble through it with no knowledge of Japanese?

2.Is new content done through patches? (this will mainly decide if I buy ps4 or Vita)

you will miss out on skill descriptions same with bullets.

story stuff you can ignore

do believe the content updates are done via patches.

That is a very good point, I might just hope it get localised (fingers crossed for the "Rage Burst" trademark to come true)

Thank you for answering!

thetrin

This reminds me I need to update my scythe skills...I should do that tonight!

Parakeetman

This reminds me I need to update my scythe skills...I should do that tonight!

Still really like the variant scythe. Only problem is need mah blast bullets to break parts, since its not too hot for that unlike my buster blades lol.

ChrisDM

I want this game to be localized so bad, but my doubt is growing more as each day passes. :(

Edit: Every time I open Live from PlayStation, I hope that someone is streaming this game. It's just a great time to watch even.

Satay

Neo Member
Anyone has a tip or video for Rank 11 Livie's story survival mission using charge spear? I'm having difficulty fighting against chi-you and it's variants(damn Sekhmet), and having to fight Chrome Gawain at the end without 3 NPCs distracting it is driving me nuts.

Parakeetman

Anyone has a tip or video for Rank 11 Livie's story survival mission using charge spear? I'm having difficulty fighting against chi-you and it's variants(damn Sekhmet), and having to fight Chrome Gawain at the end without 3 NPCs distracting it is driving me nuts.

Tried to look up some info briefly, but cant take up too much time. Unfortunately didnt find anything useful in regards to tips. As they have data on the monsters and harvest points, but asides from that nothing else.

I have not done that one myself so cant be of much help asides from that. Am guessing you would be able to use your gun mode also right? If so just look for crazy bullet recipes and use those lol.

Satay

Neo Member
Tried to look up some info briefly, but cant take up too much time. Unfortunately didnt find anything useful in regards to tips. As they have data on the monsters and harvest points, but asides from that nothing else.

I have not done that one myself so cant be of much help asides from that. Am guessing you would be able to use your gun mode also right? If so just look for crazy bullet recipes and use those lol.

Managed to clear the stage this morning with scythe's expand mode. The problem with this stage is that unless your bullets alone can let you get into blood rage mode(400% for assault which is what I'm using now), he's moving way too fast for me to clear the requirements on melee.

This is a boss where unless you have OP bullets and trigger happy lv10(I only had a lv2 with me at that time and most OP blast recipes require trigger happy), you're really forced to learn his moves.

I still need to figure out how to beat this stage with charge spear though, considering I was heavily depending on the scythe's range for this.

mstevens

So I'm about to hit end game. Is there a general consensus on the best scythe, buster gun, and shield to craft? I don't want to waste mats on creating something if there's something better out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom