• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War 3 Has Gone Gold - Lots of Reviews Out Already

hey_it's_that_dog said:
Give it to us straight. How many "big moments" are you going to show? Mr. Keighley was in here (or the other thread) earlier and said it would only be like 2% percent of the game so we shouldn't worry. But that's disingenuous. It very much matters which 2% it is.

It might invlove the
Hercules
boss fight which I think was in one of the reviews.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Lost my job yesterday as the company I worked for went belly up, but goddamn if I'm not getting GoW 3 anyway. If I have to resort to giving blowjobs for cash to pay for GoW 3, then so be it!
Luckily I got my last paycheck yesterday, and my job still owes me some money, which I'll get in due time, so I won't have to resort to blowjobs for the foreseeable future :lol

RichieRich

(works for gametrailers)
hey_it's_that_dog said:
Give it to us straight. How many "big moments" are you going to show? Mr. Keighley was in here (or the other thread) earlier and said it would only be like 2% percent of the game so we shouldn't worry. But that's disingenuous. It very much matters which 2% it is.
It's 2% that doesn't spoil the ending.

Majmun

Combichristoffersen said:
Lost my job yesterday as the company I worked for went belly up, but goddamn if I'm not getting GoW 3 anyway. If I have to resort to giving blowjobs for cash to pay for GoW 3, then so be it!

That's bad to hear. :(
Good thing you're still getting GOWIII :rock

BeeDog

Sorry for the double post, but this is what Geoff has to say about the GTTV stuff:

And just to slam some stuff into people's heads:

@tenPMstriker I've played the game and believe me, we hardly touch on a lot of the game. It's huge and they've shown very little

@RampagedDeath No real spoilers beyond what you've already heard.

@Griffo569 We don't touch on the story very much at all, don't worry

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
DON'T WATCH GUYS! COME ON!! We're almost there!!!!

You want to see how the game opens?? Don't you want to play it and then come post in the official thread "OMG THE INTRO JUST BLEW MY FACE OFF!"

Think about it. W're in the home stretch, and we've seen almost NOTHING. How many big games can we say that about. This will be one of the first games in a long time i'm going in truly blind, and I can't be more excited about it! :D

RavenFox

Banned
badcrumble said:
If that pic is 1440p then that's probably what the other ruliweb pictures were taken at, unfortunately... dunno why they're 1280x713 though.
You know whats funny the PS3 can actually do 1440p. To run an actual game in that res is a dream and new hardware lol. Menu screen but nothing else. Ruliweb rules.

-viper-

Banned
Fuck the release date is a LONG WAY AWAY. 19th March for us Euros. :(

I really need to get the GOW Collection as a stop gap. But it STILL isn't out in the UK. Fuck SCEE.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Come to think of it, it's crazy to think I've barely even seen GOW3 in motion. Aside from the demo, which doesn't even matter anymore, we've barely seen the graphics of this game. It's gonna be awesome!!

UltimaKilo said:

You want to see how the game opens?? Don't you want to play it and then come post in the official thread "OMG THE INTRO JUST BLEW MY FACE OFF!"

Think about it. W're in the home stretch, and we've seen almost NOTHING. How many big games can we say that about. This will be one of the first games in a long time i'm going in truly blind, and I can't be more excited about it! :D
I understand, I want to hold off....but come on if someone was playing the game in a room right next to you...you wouldn't go watch him play. My point is, it's easy access to seeing more of the game....besides a number of people here are going to watch it and talk about how awesome it is and i'll feel so left out :(

Shaka

UltimaKilo said:

:D I'm with you dude! The less revealed the more epic it will be.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
BeeDog said:
Sue me. I'll embrace the GT footage like Bubbles embraces heroin!
zlus2.gif

UltimaKilo said:

I feel like I just listened to the coaches half time speech by the raiders. You have given me inspiration.

RavenFox said:
WHAT THE HELL IS RAINING IN THIS SHOT?? IT'S F'ING AMAZING!!
http://i48.tinypic.com/t68bah.jpg
oh my sweet jesus. i think i have seen too much my lord.

blackout.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Ninja_Hawk said:
I understand, I want to hold off....but come on if someone was playing the game in a room right next to you...you wouldn't go watch him play. My point is, it's easy access to seeing more of the game....besides a number of people here are going to watch it and talk about how awesome it is and i'll feel so left out :(

I look forward to reading impressions about the show, hopefully I can avoid any gifs.

RavenFox

Banned
Combichristoffersen said:
Luckily I got my last paycheck yesterday, and my job still owes me some money, which I'll get in due time, so I won't have to resort to blowjobs for the foreseeable future :lol
:lol :lol

That aside sorry about the job bro. I'm sure something awesome will come your way :)

skee

Neo Member
UltimaKilo said:

Im with ya man. The biggest "ALL0VERMYFAAAACCCCEEE!" gaming moment came from the opening of God of War II. I had been a nearly exclusively Nintendo first party gamer my whole life, bought a 60GB PS3 for BD (cheapest player when I got it) and choose GoW II as my first ever Playstation title.

It fucking changed me. :lol

No way in hell Im ruining God of War III beyond what I have already seen. I want that feeling again so bad. :lol :lol

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
GeoramA said:
No way I'm missing GTTV tonight.

Was anybody really satisfied with that 1 minute trailer?

Not at all. Was rather disappointed instead.

Can't wait for gameplay but... when the hell does it air? No local times. Just tell me "in XX hrs"

-viper-

Banned
skee said:
Im with ya man. The biggest "ALL0VERMYFAAAACCCCEEE!" gaming moment came from the opening of God of War II. I had been a nearly exclusively Nintendo first party gamer my whole life, bought a 60GB PS3 for BD (cheapest player when I got it) and choose GoW II as my first ever Playstation title.

It fucking changed me. :lol

No way in hell Im ruining God of War III beyond what I have already seen. I want that feeling again so bad. :lol :lol
I completely agree. I don't want the epic experienced even slightly tarnished :p

KZ2 was ruined because they showed the whole game. can't take any chances with GOW3.

Considering how GOW3 is like almost a month away for release, I just ordered a US copy of GOW3 from eBay. Hopefully it will come next day - it will allow me to RESIST the Gametrailers footage. :p

RavenFox

Banned
UltimaKilo said:

LISTEN to Our Spartan brother GAF. We are strong and no one can match our will. WE MUST HOLD THE GATES AGAINST THE FIEND THAT IS GAMETRAILERS. WHO IS WITH ME?? FOR SPARTAAAA!!!

StuBurns

Banned
My PS3 just died, I can't play GoW3. I wouldn't be embarrassed if everyone on GAF decided to also skip the game, thanks for the moral support.

-viper- said:
I completely agree. I don't want the epic experienced even slightly tarnished :p

KZ2 was ruined because they showed the whole game. can't take any chances with GOW3.

Considering how GOW3 is like almost a month away for release, I just ordered a US copy of GOW3 from eBay. Hopefully it will come next day - it will allow me to RESIST the Gametrailers footage. :p

I'm with you guys... I was good just seeing how smooth the engine works with the trailer... when I see it next will hopefully be when I pop it in my PS3 and it proceeds to make my head explode.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Bad_Boy said:
I feel like I just listened to the coaches half time speech by the raiders. You have given me inspiration.

That was exactly my intention.

STAY STRONG MY FRIENDS! WE'RE GONNA DO THIS GAME RIGHT! NO SPOILERS. NO GIFS NO VIDS NO NOTHING. GOD OF WAR 3 ALL OVER OUR FACES.

FUCK YEAH!

StuBurns said:
My PS3 just died, I can't play GoW3. I wouldn't be embarrassed if everyone on GAF decided to also skip the game, thanks for the moral support.

Hmm. That Claire from Lost is delicious. And by the way, fuck no:lol

RavenFox said:
LISTEN to Our Spartan brother GAF. We are strong and no one can match our will. WE MUST HOLD THE GATES AGAINST THE FIEND THAT IS GAMETRAILERS. WHO IS WITH ME?? FOR SPARTAAAA!!!

i am with you. fuck gametrailers!! if you want site hits do so without revealing GOW3. and fuck sony too for added measure

Cruzader

Banned
I played GOW2 w/out watching any spoilers = HOLY FUCK Was the intro level awesome. If I was spoiled, not so much.

Same here fellas, you want to spoil the game for yourself, go right ahead but keep those things off GAF.

RavenFox

Banned
You know that's amazing. When GOWII was released 300 was about to hit theater's. Now GOWIII is upon us and now, so Is Clash of Titans. Ahh the Glory of it all

RavenFox said:
You know that's amazing. When GOWII was released 300 was about to hit theater's. Now GOWIII is upon us and now, so Is Clash of Titans. Ahh the Glory of it all

A Clash of Titan game is coming too, but it won't stand a chance against GOW3.:lol

jett

D-Member
ghostofsparta said:
Possible spoiler

Hey do you guys think that could be Hermes? He has some wierd boots on and he looks like Hermes from the GOW 2 ending.

That is totally Hermes now that you point it out. I bet you chase him through a level and he's sitting there taunting you like a bitch.

Well Kratos isn't having none of dat!

p.s. Herme's boots are confirmed in the game and are shown in teh very first trailer, I don't think it's much of a spoiler. I'm already visualizing Kratos taking off his boots...by way of dismemberment.

Top Bottom