• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War 3 Has Gone Gold - Lots of Reviews Out Already

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Elan tedronai said:
and fuck sony too for added measure
2uge73k.gif

jett

D-Member
ghostofsparta said:
Sorry I got the gods mixed up from the cutscene, its not Hermes, its Helios. You can even see his firey hair.

We have already seen Helios. That's not Helios.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
ghostofsparta said:
Sorry I got the gods mixed up from the cutscene, its not Hermes, its Helios. You can even see his firey hair.
Jett and you were correct.

Hermes had firey hair too.
2130436hermes.jpg

Bad_Boy said:
Jett and you were correct.

Hermes had firey hair too.

I always thought it was Helios because of the hair.

But yes Jett is correct, I totally forgot that Helios has already been showed and he doesn't have firey hair nor is he wearing white. Its definitely Hermes then.

Kind of wierd that Hermes has firey hair and not Helios.

ghostofsparta said:

But yes Jett is correct, I totally forgot that Helios has already been showed and he doesn't have firey hair nor is he wearing white. Its definitely Hermes then.

I guess they figured that it would be too cliche

Edit: And fire could also be associated with speed since Hermes is a messenger and all...

jett

D-Member
IAMBEEFLESS said:
Can't wait to take off them boots. You watching the GT special Jeff?

i'm guessing you meant jett? :p yeah i'm watching it, screw spoilers. can't take it anymore

I was just thinking. I really hope they bring back that poor bastard that gets tormented in these games. I don't remember the name, but it's the guy you feed to the kraken, and throw back into hades. Then the shmuck comes back as a souls that gets summoned by the chieftain in part 3.

Jb

ghostofsparta said:

The (french) Console + review says that Kratos
cuts Hermes' feet off and takes his boots.
Brutal.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Lord Error said:
But that brings question what kind of voodoo they have there for this kind of stupid amount of AA? Could it be some MLAA implementation? Seeing that it doesn't seem to resolve sub-pixel lines and pixels, it may well be.

I'd say it has to be. Remember, the tech head over at SSM corrected Digital Foundry on their article regarding MLAA in The Saboteur, so they're clearly doing something with the method. Also, there's no way the output would be as clean as what we've seen with just 2xAA or 4xAA. Unlike Pandemic's implementation, though, SSM's seems to be practically perfect.

The IQ in the game is utterly bonkers, so hopefully there's a behind-the-scenes look at the engine in one of the bonus videos, and it'd be great if SSM collaborate with DF when they take a look under the hood of the game.

jsnepo

BobTheFork said:
I was just thinking. I really hope they bring back that poor bastard that gets tormented in these games. I don't remember the name, but it's the guy you feed to the kraken, and throw back into hades. Then the shmuck comes back as a souls that gets summoned by the chieftain in part 3.

I remember that guy but he wasn't fed to the Kraken but to the Hydra. Anyway, I'd love to see him again in this game. I laughed so hard when he was summoned in GOW2. :lol

bizatch

jsnepo said:
I remember that guy but he wasn't fed to the Kraken but to the Hydra. Anyway, I'd love to see him again in this game. I laughed so hard when he was summoned in GOW2. :lol

haha I remember that dude. Im sure they'll have him in this game. How jokes would it be if he was a boss this time?

SamBishop said:
HAHAHAHA... You guys are going to lose your minds. Good, dear, sweet baby jeebus.

fuck you...FUCK YOU!!!

BobTheFork said:

I also remember him, hopefully you get to kill him again when go and kill hades.

rhino4evr

UltimaKilo said:
DON'T WATCH GUYS! COME ON!! We're almost there!!!!

You want to see how the game opens?? Don't you want to play it and then come post in the official thread "OMG THE INTRO JUST BLEW MY FACE OFF!"

Think about it. W're in the home stretch, and we've seen almost NOTHING. How many big games can we say that about. This will be one of the first games in a long time i'm going in truly blind, and I can't be more excited about it! :D
I'm with this guy
don't give in to temptation

A.R.K

Sin said:
Just got some hands on time with the final game today, words cannot describe the awesome.

SamBishop said:
HAHAHAHA... You guys are going to lose your minds. Good, dear, sweet baby jeebus.

FUUUUUU!!!! you guys are making it so hard to resist watching the onslaught tonight :((

WOW at the new screens, so clean and crisp! :O

SamBishop

Banned
hey_it's_that_dog said:
Is this regarding the GTTV footage, or the review copy you're currently rubbing all over your body?

(you bastard)

That'd be the latter, though the former is probably what most got to see last night. For what it's worth, I'm actually going to avoid the GTTV thang until I'm finished with the game. Those that are strong enough to hold out until the game hits will be handsomely rewarded, I think. Otherwise, expect lots o' impressions and interviews and stuff come Monday in addition to the ocular humping hitting the tee vee in a few hours.

(I love you)

bizatch said:
fuck you...FUCK YOU!!!

And I love you too!

A.R.K said:
FUUUUUU!!!! you guys are making it so hard to resist watching the onslaught tonight :((

WOW at the new screens, so clean and crisp! :O

And youuuuu!

UrbanRats

Ok, why does it say "not enough free space" when i try to download the demo?(tried both EU&US stores)i have AT LEAST 5 free gig.. 5133MB, to be precise.(as it states in the System Information screen), somebody knows if there's a bug or somethin'?

So all this jubilation and super-hyping by SamBishop, etc... are they about the visuals, the gameplay, or both, or the experience overall?

DISCLAIMER: I'm a huge fan of God of War on both fronts. I just want to make sure I understand what's being said. I'm rather expecting to be blown away by the visuals, but I want more.

Shaka

RedRedSuit said:
So all this jubilation and super-hyping by SamBishop, etc... are they about the visuals, the gameplay, or both, or the experience overall?

DISCLAIMER: I'm a huge fan of God of War on both fronts. I just want to make sure I understand what's being said. I'm rather expecting to be blown away by the visuals, but I want more.
Your doubt will get you killed in this thread son :mad:

thelastword

Banned
UrbanRats said:
Ok, why does it say "not enough free space" when i try to download the demo?(tried both EU&US stores)i have AT LEAST 5 free gig.. 5133MB, to be precise.(as it states in the System Information screen), somebody knows if there's a bug or somethin'?
The demo is about 2700Mb, so you need double that, at least 5400-5500Mb.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I'm sorry guys...I just can't do it...I have to watch the special tonight. ;_;

With my Kratos slurpee, of course.

Why does gametrailers say 5 hrs and 8 minutes till the reveal? Is that the time they will upload the footage on their server?

Me no have cable. Sad panda :(

Anyone's got a stream?

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Not staying up for this, i need my beauty sleep, but I expect posts like this: AHHHHHHHHHHH and GIFs lots of GIFs.

traveler

Not Wario
Given that the only disappointment I had with GoW2 was that I felt I'd already seen 4/5 of it by the time I actually played it, I'm going to hold out. Must keep the tv turned off tonight.

monocromo

StuBurns said:
My PS3 just died, I can't play GoW3. I wouldn't be embarrassed if everyone on GAF decided to also skip the game, thanks for the moral support.

Not a chance in hell :lol
... talk about bad timing =/ ...

SamBishop said:
Those that are strong enough to hold out until the game hits will be handsomely rewarded, I think.

I'm out of this thread... and no GTTV or anything GOW3 related for me until I've finished the game.

shwimpy

RustyNails said:
Why does gametrailers say 5 hrs and 8 minutes till the reveal? Is that the time they will upload the footage on their server?

Me no have cable. Sad panda :(

Anyone's got a stream?

Thankfully, the whole episode will be on the site the minute the show ends. ~10pm for the west coast! :D

Top Bottom