• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War 3 Has Gone Gold - Lots of Reviews Out Already

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
hey_it's_that_dog said:
When I opened one in Photoshop it was 2560x1440. Maybe we're not talking about the same thing here...
Oh yes, that one picture is. But that one is definitely rendered in very high res like that. The rest of the pictures just posted above in this thread don't seem manipulated that way. There's clearly sharp pixel detail visible on them, which is never the case with typical "bullshots".

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Lord Error said:
Oh yes, that one picture is. But that one is definitely rendered in very high res like that. The rest of the pictures just posted above in this thread don't seem manipulated that way. There's clearly sharp pixel detail visible on them, which is never the case with typical "bullshots".

Unless I'm crazy, all those pictures from ruliweb are 2560x1440. I agree they aren't typical bullshots, though.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
hey_it's_that_dog said:
Unless I'm crazy, all those pictures from ruliweb are 2560x1440. I agree they aren't typical bullshots, though.
Yes, you are right - I've seen them all in original resolution now. I see how that kind of downscaling could have happened now, where everything but transparencies looks antialiased. The original antialiased screens have some transparencies in half the resolution, so scaling them down would result in that kind of look.

Nothing new here then, move along.

Praetorianer

Neo Member
Wow...it has been quite some time since I felt such an urge to play a new game. I need it and I don't care if I'll have to Kratos-kick my brother out of his apartment in order to play it. By the gods, what have I become!

tzare said:
260ac11.jpg

mls8dw.png

so was the bottom screen some bullshit non controllable gameplay sneaked into the trailer? it looks miles better than the ruliweb shot.

skee

Neo Member
Wax Free Vanilla said:
so was the bottom screen some bullshit non controllable gameplay sneaked into the trailer? it looks miles better than the ruliweb shot.

Im not sure what you are seeing. The Ruliweb shot looks leagues better.

bounchfx

this is easily my #1 game I'm looking forward to this year but like..

where the hell is the lighting? they have nice looking shadows.. but like.. every screen I've seen and even the trailer looks really flat. it bothers me:(

still doesn't stop me from being excited!!

ZeroRay

Yeah, the bottom shot looks like it's been smeared in Vaseline.

Speaking of that, you think they'll bring back the 'blur" option they had back in GOW1?

Sin said:
The epicness, you don't want me to spoil it for you, trust me.

Hell yeah. I'm not even watching that blasted gametrailers show in fear of spoilers.

Animator

Sin said:
The epicness, you don't want me to spoil it for you, trust me.

You dont need to go into specifics but you can tell about things like:

-how is the framerate in general?

-how would you compare the final game to the demo?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Wax Free Vanilla said:
Blurrier and less contrast equals 'miles better'?

Sin

Animator said:
You dont need to go into specifics but you can tell about things like:

-how is the framerate in general?

-how would you compare the final game to the demo?

Felt MUCH smoother than the demo, super clean and sharp, and with the amount of stuff happening on screen at once and the scale, it honestly was jaw dropping.

Donos

almost there ... Zeus should better get his lightning back from this Percy dude. Kratos is really pissed this time :mad:

Sin said:
Felt MUCH smoother than the demo, super clean and sharp, and with the amount of stuff happening on screen at once and the scale, it honestly was jaw dropping.
Not in terms of graphics, but in general epic feel, how would you say this compares to the leap from GoW1 to GoW2?

Does anyone know what 'rage' this game will have, I'm guessing it will be 'rage of Kratos' or something but I really hope it play's like 'rage of the gods' from the first game.

Animator

Sin said:

Awesome man. I knew it would be smoother than the demo but it is great to hear the confirmation. I cant wait to play the shit out of this game.

--

On a related note, is there a unboxing video somewhere of the ultimate edition? I have it preordered but I am getting cold feet. I dont care for any of the bonuses aside from the art book Would love to see that before I decide.

slider

Sin said:

Just to get my bearings... can you tell us what your favourite game of this gen is thusfar? If it isn't Warhawk I'll be conflicted. I want to succumb to the excitement and yet...

Shaka

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck, so excited! No more videoes though, I'm not going to repeat what I did with Killzone 2. :lol

Sin

slider said:
Just to get my bearings... can you tell us what your favourite game of this gen is thusfar? If it isn't Warhawk I'll be conflicted. I want to succumb to the excitement and yet...

Well, Warhawk is my most played online game this gen. Favorite game overall would have to go to Demon's Souls though.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Solid_Rain said:
Does anyone know what 'rage' this game will have, I'm guessing it will be 'rage of Kratos' or something but I really hope it play's like 'rage of the gods' from the first game.

According to the review in Console+,
it's the Rage of Sparta and it involves the Blade of Olympus. It might be the only way you can use the blade. Seems a sensible solution to letting the player keep it for continuity's sake while at the same time not making the player overpowered from the start.

slider

Sin said:
Well, Warhawk is my most played online game this gen. Favorite game overall would have to go to Demon's Souls though.

Good enough for me! Thanks man. Now I'll intermittently log into Amazon to see if there are any changes (for the good) to my pre-order. :D

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
RichieRich said:
Then prepare to be AMAZED!!!

Give it to us straight. How many "big moments" are you going to show? Mr. Keighley was in here (or the other thread) earlier and said it would only be like 2% percent of the game so we shouldn't worry. But that's disingenuous. It very much matters which 2% it is.

Dogenzaka

Banned
I just got back from the hospital with a stress-related stomach ulcer.
I'm afraid of watching the special tonight because it will have a can-full-of-awesome rip open a crater in my GI tract.

Top Bottom