• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War 3 Has Gone Gold - Lots of Reviews Out Already

Dogenzaka said:
This image doesn't work :( someone fix it pleeeeeaaaaaaasee

In case no one can, it was a white slim PS3 with the eye of Kratos (same one from the boxart) painted on it. Definitely the best looking custom PS3 that i've seen.

RavenFox

Banned
OMG over at Amazon. Amazon does not carry the ultimate edition anymore but sellers are :lol . Thank God I preordered since October.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Kagari said:
71674489-27e66e5271bcaed301c62b6c9eecdd18.4b9082ec-scaled.jpg

Oh wow... now that one looks awesome...

zoukka

Kagari said:
Almost as awesome as Lightning PS3 ;)

Hades himself has more life in his face than Lightning.

Pelaaja (Gamer), gave this a perfect 10. If I remember correctly neither of the previous games got a full score (first one 4,5/5 and the second one I can't remember)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Lifejumper said:
Seems like work on GOW 3 already started when GOW 1 shipped.

Makes sense. The game released ~mid-2005 and I suspect the first-party studios would've then had at least a decent idea of how the PS3 was shaping up tech-wise.

nskinnear said:

dat art. :eek:

bobbyflay

Neo Member
Orobi said:
Originally Posted by Orobi: 10 mins gameplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orNoZHu3CM4
Still processing, but just some minutes. And 720p too
Pass the link, I'm going.
See u tomorrow :)

It's 720hd full video!

god dammit if you're gonna use the
wilhelm scream
, how about not make it literally the
first guy to die in god of war 3
...or maybe that's completely awesome I don't even know.

It is slightly distracting though.

Honolulu said:
Well, yes and no.
He was always a demigod, without knowing so in the first game though. but he had a little bit of help for his task of killing Ares, Pandora's Box
Anyways, if you stand in his path... you're most likely going to die
in the most horrible fashion
:lol

This is true, He and Heracles are essentially the same,

and I think most people agree that Heracles could rip off Helios head, so I think Kratos could as well.

EDIT: On a side note, it's a pet peeve of mine, but it bugs me that in a game with Greek Mythology they are using the Roman name for the son of Zeus, Heracles (Hercules is the Roman name. /rant.

NO!R

Banned
H.Cornerstone said:
This is true, He and Heracles are essentially the same,

and I think most people agree that Heracles could rip off Helios head, so I think Kratos could as well.

EDIT: On a side note, it's a pet peeve of mine, but it bugs me that in a game with Greek Mythology they are using the Roman name for the son of Zeus, Heracles (Hercules is the Roman name. /rant.

I think there's some overlapping with the etymology of the names Hercules and Heracles. But really, they both amount to the same deal. Dude with muscle h4x. :p

NO!R

Banned
The artistry in this game is beyond words. It's so well researched and beautifully put together.

LOVE the scene with the gods walking towards the balcony of Olympus on that majestic terrace. Really gives you a sense that they are some very beautiful and refined humans in their idyllic realm.
There's such a sense of order and harmony (even with the brutish, painful-to-look-at Hades on the scene) when you see them walk out. As impressive and powerful as most of them look, Zeus just stands out tall and authoritative.

Oh and Poseidon has one of the coolest char designs ever. His make up looks Persian, even the facial features. Gives me this Cpt Nemo from League of Extraordinaries vibe which i really dig.

Amazing

/end Jizzout.

So ye... Kratos is fuckin' back mofos.

I just watched the first 10 min. video...it was amazing but I have one question:

Why in the world would you want to play a game in your own language? This stuff is a major boner-killer for me, why would you not want to hear English Kratos or original VA for that matter (i.e. Japanese in Yakuza)? It's great that Sony puts so many languages in but man it's almost cringe-worthy to me, thank god I don't have to play everything in my own language (Dutch). To each his own I guess. :lol

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
StevePharma said:
I just watched the first 10 min. video...it was amazing but I have one question:

Why in the world would you want to play a game in your own language? This stuff is a major boner-killer for me, why would you not want to hear English Kratos or original VA for that matter (i.e. Japanese in Yakuza)? It's great that Sony puts so many languages in but man it's almost cringe-worthy to me, thank god I don't have to play everything in my own language (Dutch). To each his own I guess. :lol

i had to play MW2 in german!!!.... fuck activision for this dick move !!!

sankt-Antonio said:
i had to play MW2 in german!!!.... fuck activision for this dick move !!!

Ubisoft did a similar dick move back in the day with Beyond Good and Evil (GCN), I double dipped for the (buggy) PC version because the I couldn't stand the Dutch VA's, because there are like 4-5 people here who do voices for EVERYTHING.

I do believe there's some law in Canada that basically every game has to have French in it or something (not sure about the specifics though). Just like every PAL game needs to have English, French, German, Spanish and Italian.

I'm an European but hey guys...GTFO and learn English.:lol

neorej

ERMYGERD!
StevePharma said:
Ubisoft did a similar dick move back in the day with Beyond Good and Evil (GCN), I double dipped for the (buggy) PC version because the I couldn't stand the Dutch VA's, because there are like 4-5 people here who do voices for EVERYTHING.

I do believe there's some law in Canada that basically every game has to have French in it or something (not sure about the specifics though). Just like every PAL game needs to have English, French, German, Spanish and Italian.

I'm an European but hey guys...GTFO and learn English.:lol

Wasn't Katja Schuurman the main VA in Beyond Good & Evil though? Her voice gave me a hard-on everytime back in the days...

Edit: looked it up, no she wasn't :(

NO!R

Banned
StuBurns said:
Fair point, although I always thought Kojima was a pussy for not having Snake Eater in Russian.

Haha, yeah. I love how the characters complimented their "superb Russian" in the most common Californian accent. :lol

StevePharma said:

Those days are long past though. These days you get the cream of the crop in games, (Carice van Houten and Frank Lammers are but two) , which is actually quite a stunning achievement. And to be fair, they act a lot better than most of these unknown US actors in Heavy Rain. Ellen ten Damme is particularly good.

Also quite awesome: Lebbis in inFAMOUS.

klier

Magic Mushroom said:
Those days are long past though. These days you get the cream of the crop in games, (Carice van Houten and Frank Lammers are but two) , which is actually quite a stunning achievement. And to be fair, they act a lot better than most of these unknown US actors in Heavy Rain. Ellen ten Damme is particularly good.

Also quite awesome: Lebbis in inFAMOUS.

Just....no. If my next game (GOW 3) will feature anything in Dutch, I am going to kill a few people.

Ellen ten Damme, Frank Lammers and Carice van Houten....HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!
Never, EVER, do I want to hear Dutch in my games. Or even read Dutch.

Also, that GOW 3 PS3 looks terrible as well. It boggles my mind that people actually like 'art' on a console like that......

koene

klier said:
Just....no. If my next game (GOW 3) will feature anything in Dutch, I am going to kill a few people.

Also, that GOW 3 PS3 looks terrible as well. It boggles my mind that people actually like 'art' on a console like that......

Same here, especially if it's Holland's dutch. (No offense :p)

klier said:

Well, you don't have to play it in Dutch. ;)

I just don't see why it's de facto worse when compared to the English. Same with subtitles. Every movie has them so why not games?

Shaka

Just watched the first 10 min gamplay footage. Didn't really ruin anything, I think. Impressions.....HOLYHELLWTFSHITOMGOWOIouzdhfiGdiBiBVIYDbIDvuVDigv!!!

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Magic Mushroom said:
Well, you don't have to play it in Dutch. ;)

I just don't see why it's de facto worse when compared to the English. Same with subtitles. Every movie has them so why not games?

inFamous, if not for the day 0 patch, it would've either been Dutch, French or German IIRC.

And VA in Holland are worse than the worst English VA 99% of the time. What's even more shocking, Dutch commentaries in football-games suck massive balls compared to British commentaries, when we got some great commentators in Holland.

Top Bottom