• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War 3 Has Gone Gold - Lots of Reviews Out Already

Yeah. I'm about to watch it myself and as far my knowledge of the game is concerned, the first ten minutes of the game should not have any spoilers.

rhino4evr

IAMBEEFLESS said:
Yeah. I'm about to watch it myself and as far my knowledge of the game is concerned, the first ten minutes of the game should not have any spoilers.
I'm not talkin about story spoilers. I'm talking about epic video spoilers

Grooski

Banned
I watched about the first 4 mins, but thats enough. My eyes are bleeding from the awesome. Seriously that is absoutely amazing. Can't come soon enough.

Two things: there is a German word that sounds exactly like asparagus and the music is FUCK awesome.

Edit: Goddamn. Why is anyone releasing a game in the same month as this one?

Lince

Banned
46d6355b03424e94e4a3ee73d2a0af6620100305143220.jpg

StevePharma said:
Ubisoft did a similar dick move back in the day with Beyond Good and Evil (GCN), I double dipped for the (buggy) PC version because the I couldn't stand the Dutch VA's, because there are like 4-5 people here who do voices for EVERYTHING.

I do believe there's some law in Canada that basically every game has to have French in it or something (not sure about the specifics though). Just like every PAL game needs to have English, French, German, Spanish and Italian.

I'm an European but hey guys...GTFO and learn English.:lol
The German version von BG&E was very good!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
In anticipation for God of War III...

2crt739.jpg

:D

Lince

Banned
FFObsessed said:
Does that "Special Edition" come with the "Ultimate Edition" ? :O

no, 3 SKUs

- Regular Edition
- Special Edition (digipack + extras)
- Trilogy Edition (regular edition GOW III + God of War Collection + Pandora Box + extras)

StevePharma said:
Why in the world would you want to play a game in your own language? This stuff is a major boner-killer for me, why would you not want to hear English Kratos or original VA for that matter (i.e. Japanese in Yakuza)? It's great that Sony puts so many languages in but man it's almost cringe-worthy to me, thank god I don't have to play everything in my own language (Dutch). To each his own I guess. :lol

Because it's more natural to hear people talking in your native language than in foreign English. Most localisation sucks, but that doesn't mean that dubbing is a problem. We should ask for better dubbing.

Denzar

RockmanWhore said:
Because it's more natural to hear people talking in your native language than in foreign English. Most localisation sucks, but that doesn't mean that dubbing is a problem. We should ask for better dubbing.
I dunno know, man.

Dutch VO is indeed pretty horrible, and I grew up playing games in English. To me it just feels awkward.

The hairs on my back would rise when Kratos would say something in dutch.

In Belgium, they even dubbed The Simpsons movie. Awful.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Why does that Kratos look thin... and sad?

They should have used this guy:

80363kratos_2.jpg

ULTROS!

Deepack said:
:D

I'd do it to, but the part of the face that should have the red stripe is not visible :D

Make him pale and give him the scar, or you could flip the image and give him the red thing. :D

DihcarEM

Lince said:
no, 3 SKUs

- Regular Edition
- Special Edition (digipack + extras)
- Trilogy Edition (regular edition GOW III + God of War Collection + Pandora Box + extras)

Well that sucks, you would think those buying the trilogy edition will get the whole shebang since they are the ones paying the most by a large margin. I would have liked a better extra then the pandora box.

Lince

Banned
Robinspain said:
Data from Spain,

27000 preorders (huge!). I think that's the hightest number of preorders for a HD game in Spain.

SCEE shipping 150k units for Spain, they are expecting to sell 100k copies during launch week.

gbovo

JaseC said:
I thought you were kidding. :eek: Anyone have an idea as to why?

Edit: That inside art is nice.
Asking for a port of MGS: Peace Walker on PS3 (1 month ban).
Baki said:
I expect 4M atleast LTD for GoW 3 worldwide.
I was thinking just the same thing.

ULTROS! said:
Make him pale and give him the scar, or you could flip the image and give him the red thing. :D

Mine's a bad/quick shop, but I'm joining the party. Sephiroth has Kratos envy. :lol

I wish the US had the EU cover. That's nice that it's the Kratos eye on the cover and the comic artwork under the disc. Stupid US comic cover. :(

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I might be a minority on this but I still do not like the boxart. I wished Stig and co. used some of the cool artwork for the game for the cover.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
gbovo said:
Asking for a port of MGS: Peace Walker on PS3 (1 month ban).

Ah. Fair enough, given what I like to call the Epic Mickey Effect.

Firewire said:
Damn, don't think you can lift the lid on Pandora's Box. Bummer.

The fuck? :(

Top Bottom