• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War 3 Has Gone Gold - Lots of Reviews Out Already

Firewire

Banned
Patrick Bateman said:
What? Why?

There hasn't been 1 pic of the lid off or even ajar. Plus if you look at the following profile pic closely the two curved loops in the center seem to reach and (be?) connected to what would be the lid, making it impossible to open it. :(

b4f123ac0c020cc05afbc53e015713f0201.jpg

rhino4evr

Firewire said:
There hasn't been 1 pic of the lid off or even ajar. Plus if you look at the following profile pic closely the two curved loops in the center seem to reach and (be?) connected to what would be the lid, making it impossible to open it. :(

b4f123ac0c020cc05afbc53e015713f0201.jpg
Just another piece of plastic that ou can put in your closet. I don't order special editions for this reason. Does anyone need this junk?

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
rhino4evr said:
Just another piece of plastic that ou can put in your closet. I don't order special editions for this reason. Does anyone need this junk?

Yea I know how you feel but I am a sucker for special editions.

Firewire

Banned
gbovo said:
You can open the lid. They put all the content inside the box .

Are you sure? Do you have pics? I hope to gawd it can open.

EDIT: You are right, this image clearly shows that the lid can be removed! Now I'm happy! It's clear that they used a different one for the Spain promo event!
270231_contentLG.jpg

Torrod

Neo Member
When does the review embargo end? Just to prepare for the potential spoiler-tsunami that will hit the internetz.

neojubei said:
I might be a minority on this but I still do not like the boxart. I wished Stig and co. used some of the cool artwork for the game for the cover.

Hopefully someone releases an alternate cover you can print out yourself and replace the original one with.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Everybody wishing for an alternative printable cover, make yourselves heard on the PS Blog. It worked for HR.

Lince

Banned
random news from the press event in Spain: "Trilogy Edition" sold out in less than 2 hours since it was announced.

Victarion

God damn it, I'm officially jealous.
If the game wasn't banned in UAE, I was playing my review copy already. F**k UAE, they've banned Heavy Rain too, and Sony had to cancel the media event. :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Firewire said:
I'll fight you for first dibbs.

PS: I fight dirty! :lol

I spent a brief while trying to find a jpeg/gif of Homer glove slappin', but had no success. :(

Manticore said:
If the game wasn't banned in UAE, I was playing my review copy already. F**k UAE, they've banned Heavy Rain too, and Sony had to cancel the media event. :(

No tits and no gore make Manticore go something something.

Firewire

Banned
Justin Dailey said:
100K seems like a lot for Spain. Has GOW historically sold that well?

No idea, but GOW games have always been slow burners but this one has so much more hype behind it than the first two that anything is possible.

Kasra_2x4

Firewire said:
Are you sure? Do you have pics? I hope to gawd it can open.

EDIT: You are right, this image clearly shows that the lid can be removed! Now I'm happy! It's clear that they used a different one for the Spain promo event!
270231_contentLG.jpg
OMG

noah111

Still Alive
Manticore said:
Why did they ban Heavy Rain exactly? Nudity? And the GoW ban is unclear to me, is it due to 'God' being in the title (which has nothing to do with anything) or purely to the violence?

rhino4evr

lets not turn this into an Avatar thread pretty please.

So retail code is out. Anyone in Gaf land lucky enough to score a copy?

Kasra_2x4

Manticore said:
I think it will be banned in U.A.E after 7 or 8 days.I had my Heavy Rain before release date from U.A.E .so buy it at first sight or be banned.

Victarion

JaseC said:
No tits and no gore make Manticore go something something.
:(
Well, I'm sure I can find the game with a little searching around.

Sentry said:
Why did they ban Heavy Rain exactly? Nudity? And the GoW ban is unclear to me, is it due to 'God' being in the title (which has nothing to do with anything) or purely to the violence?
The reason they gave was that Heavy Rain "contradict with the UAE's customs and traditions." And your guess is right about GoW, just because the title contains the word 'God'.
Yeah stupid law is stupid.

Top Bottom