• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War 3 Has Gone Gold - Lots of Reviews Out Already

Dogenzaka

Banned
KeioSquad2 said:
I have to give it to Stig man, he just took the series and fuckin ran with it!! Everything I've seen and heard about this game has me more excited then I was when they first released the old NES. I really can't wait.

Does anyone know if they gonna put behind the scenes stuff on the disk, or are they just planning that for SE?

It better be on the disc.....Ultimate Editions cost $100 and are like sold out everywhere >_>

-viper- said:
He was fighting with a TITAN. He got crushed andd was tossed a good mile. Kratos was able to rip off Helios' head off since he was in a weakened state.

The Gods and Titans had a war before and since the gods won, you would think it wouldn't take one crush and throw to basically finish him off.

Not looking for an argument, just pointing out my ONLY complaint so far of what I've seen.

Amir0x

Banned
Guys I've been on a media blackout since the first scans of Poseidon came out but tell me just how nutcrackingly amazing that opening is without spoiling it for me!

Majine

Banned
Amir0x said:
Guys I've been on a media blackout since the first scans of Poseidon came out but tell me just how nutcrackingly amazing that opening is without spoiling it for me!
Pee. All over the floor!

That help you? :D

-viper-

Banned
BlueSummers said:
The Gods and Titans had a war before and since the gods won, you would think it wouldn't take one crush and throw to basically finish him off.

Not looking for an argument, just pointing out my ONLY complaint so far of what I've seen.
1. Crushed
2. Slammed
3. Weakened
4. It's Kratos.

edit: Shit, the Titans lost last time? I guess Kratos should simply give up! The Titans will never win! Their adversary are quite simply unstoppable, or they should be, given history!

slider

Amir0x said:

I watched it and I wish I hadn't. It's epic. Fucking epic.

As an aside, I'd seen the latter segment of that in another YT clip. I have to say having seen it before this time it was a little less... impactful. Right, from now on I'm serious about going on a blackout.

evolution

The footage was pretty epic. The transition from cinematic to gameplay is incredible. I really wasn't sold on the scale in the first two games, but they nailed it this time.

jett

D-Member
Amir0x said:

It's the direct continuation of GOW2's ending in glorious in-game graphics, with zero compromises.

kevm3

One of the main reasons I bought a new HDTV was for GOW3... I'm not watching any more videos. The game is right around the corner. Can't wait.

Dogenzaka

Banned
Amir0x said:

I haven't seen an opening that grips you by the testicles and throws you into the surroundings so awesomely in either movie or game.

Stike

Just to clarify/speculate (choose one) on the finishing of Helios in the E3 demo: If the demo level was created just to introduce some new mechanics and enemies and so on, chances are high that Helios will NOT go out this way in the full game.

Some may call me Cpt. Obvious now, but after that debate here I wanted to intervene :p

Majmun

I'm going to watch the first 10 minutes of the game...when I get the game myself.

I don't understand the people who want to play this game are watching the 10min footage. You people are WEAK.

Dogenzaka

Banned
Stike said:
Just to clarify/speculate (choose one) on the finishing of Helios in the E3 demo: If the demo level was created just to introduce some new mechanics and enemies and so on, chances are high that Helios will NOT go out this way in the full game.

Some may call me Cpt. Obvious now, but after that debate here I wanted to intervene :p

Yeah to be honest, the way Helios died in the demo was pretty weaksauce. I'm hoping they made something entirely different and magnificent for one of the major boss fights. If the first major god boss, Poseidon, is the way they spiced him up in the final game, surely a later fight with another important god, Helios, would be just as epic and flooring, and not just "a Titan slapped me and now you get to rip my head off"

I don't understand the people who want to play this game are watching the 10min footage. You people are WEAK.

No. I'm awesome because I can watch the beginning of a game and it doesn't "ZOMG RUINNNN" the entire game for me and make it no fun when I play it later to the point where it's lost all its significance.

And besides, it's only 10 minutes of, what, a 12 hour game? That apparently pales in comparison to the rest of what you play.

Nizz

Amir0x said:
It's really impressive. I caved in and watched that ten minute clip and the sense of scale is pretty incredible. The action looks so smooth, the motion blur really gives the game a great look. Looks like playing through an interactive Clash of the Titans with the scope.

I'm really trying to come up with a way to get my hands on this game. No one's blessing me with work (not even a lousy interview). I owe plenty on my credit cards but I may just say fuck it and order from Amazon.

I tried my hand in another forum that's giving one copy of the game away as a prize. I've got my fingers crossed that I win.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
wtf. the 1st 10 mins of the game? why would someone do that. why would someone want to spoil the game like that!! fuckkkk..

i guess anything for hits. :(

the boss fight vid was pushing it, but this is just over the edge. hell no im not watching that. 12 days!

Nizz

Bad_Boy said:
wtf. the 1st 10 mins of the game? why would someone do that. why would someone want to spoil the game like that!! fuckkkk..

Well, what was in those ten minutes was basically what you saw in the last trailer, or if you watched that GTTV episode last week. Also, it wasn't in English so no story spoilers I could understand. ;)

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
fps fanatic said:
Well, what was in those ten minutes was basically what you saw in the last trailer, or if you watched that GTTV episode last week. Also, it wasn't in English so no story spoilers I could understand. ;)
but the eye candy. im not gonna ruin that for me. gonna see it for the 1st time how it should be seen. big screen, loud speakers. :)

Dogenzaka

Banned
Bad_Boy said:

the boss fight vid was pushing it, but this is just over the edge. hell no im not watching that. 12 days!

Like I said, because there are people that don't mind watching the inevitable; they just want to see it now rather than later.

I watched the first 2 hours of Assassin's Creed 2 and it didn't make my first 2 hours of AC2 any less fun :l in fact those first 2 hours were the most fun I had with the game (the rest was what I didn't like lol)

Dogenzaka said:
No. I'm awesome because I can watch the beginning of a game and it doesn't "ZOMG RUINNNN" the entire game for me and make it no fun when I play it later to the point where it's lost all its significance.

And besides, it's only 10 minutes of, what, a 12 hour game? That apparently pales in comparison to the rest of what you play.
Having no will power doesn't make you awesome. I agree with Bad_Boy and Second.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Bad_Boy said:
but the eye candy. im not gonna ruin that for me. gonna see it for the 1st time how it should be seen. big screen, loud speakers. :)
Exactly what I'm doing. I'm with you 100% on this one.

-viper-

Banned
Dogenzaka said:
Yeah to be honest, the way Helios died in the demo was pretty weaksauce. I'm hoping they made something entirely different and magnificent for one of the major boss fights. If the first major god boss, Poseidon, is the way they spiced him up in the final game, surely a later fight with another important god, Helios, would be just as epic and flooring, and not just "a Titan slapped me and now you get to rip my head off"

These 10 minutes equate to less than 1.4% of the total game, based the apparent fact the game is 12 hours long.

This means the other 98.6% is pretty much stuff you've not seen in video before.

Dogenzaka

Banned
InterMoniker said:
Having no will power doesn't make you awesome. I agree with Bad_Boy and Second.

Perspective/subjective.

Will power? lol what?

Maybe if watching games/videos actually ruined a game for me, then yes, it would be a problem. But since watching a 10 minute segment of the rather tame-in-comparison-to-the-rest-of-the-game beginning isn't a fucking big deal to me, since it's not the same as playing the actual game on my big TV in English, I would say that it's not a matter of "caving in to lack of will power" but rather that I just don't give a damn because it doesn't affect me.

In my opinion, it rather sucks for those who can't watch this stuff without it totally "ruining" their "experience".

Plot spoilers are one thing, but watching a 10 minute sequence of events that most of us already knew was going to happen is not the end of the world and a total devastation of my enjoyment on March 16th.

-viper- said:
1. Crushed
2. Slammed
3. Weakened
4. It's Kratos.

edit: Shit, the Titans lost last time? I guess Kratos should simply give up! The Titans will never win! Their adversary are quite simply unstoppable, or they should be, given history!

Well I guess you do want an argument about this. I'm not saying that Kratos should just give up, nor did I ever say that. I simply stated that Helios is the god of the sun and gets taken out very quickly. They are not unstoppable, but each god should be more of a challenge.

Dogenzaka

Banned
BlueSummers said:
Well I guess you do want an argument about this. I'm not saying that Kratos should just give up, nor did I ever say that. I simply stated that Helios is the god of the sun and gets taken out very quickly. They are not unstoppable, but each god should be more of challenge.

Which is why I speculate that the events leading up to and including the fight with Helios are probably different than what we played from the demo.

If Poseidon is such a badass fight, then surely a later fight with Helios would have to be considerably more significant in order to keep the pace and "wow" factor going.

Maybe there will be a huge Helios fight and that segment we played in the demo was after Kratos defeated him and he retreats in his chariot or something to attack the Titan.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
you ever make a sandwich, and its delicious. and then make another one because it was just that good, and the second one turns out not as good as the first one was. but if you had made one big huge mega sandwich in the beginning and got full off it the first time, you would of been more than satisfied and content.

this video is that 1st sandwich. i dont want another one. i want a mega sandwich.

sorry about the really random analogy, but whatever. BLACKOUT BITCHES.

Nizz

Bad_Boy said:
you ever make a sandwich, and its delicious. and then make another one because it was just that good, and the second one turns out not as good as the first one was. but if you had made one big huge mega sandwich in the beginning and got full off it the first time, you would of been more than satisfied and content.

this video is that 1st sandwich. i dont want another one. i want a mega sandwich.

You haven't played the demo, either?

-viper-

Banned
BlueSummers said:
Well I guess you do want an argument about this. I'm not saying that Kratos should just give up, nor did I ever say that. I simply stated that Helios is the god of the sun and gets taken out very quickly. They are not unstoppable, but each god should be more of a challenge.
Well the demo segment isn't even in the final game (according to TTP) so I don't think it even matters :p

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Dogenzaka said:
Which is why I speculate that the events leading up to and including the fight with Helios are probably different than what we played from the demo.

If Poseidon is such a badass fight, then surely a later fight with Helios would have to be considerably more significant in order to keep the pace and "wow" factor going.

Maybe there will be a huge Helios fight and that segment we played in the demo was after Kratos defeated him and he retreats in his chariot or something to attack the Titan.

Stig said in an E3 interview that Helios has been bothering Kratos for some time before their final encounter in the demo. Design choices from 12 months ago are subject to change of course, but I'm sure you'll have a lot more dealings with Helios than walking up to him and QTE killing him.

Dogenzaka

Banned
Bad_Boy said:

Not quite the accurate analogy, if you ask me.

It's more like the difference between seeing a sandwich, and getting to eat that sandwich. There is a distinct difference between watching something, and playing something, for me.

There's an awesome sandwich I'm going to eat on March 16th. What kind of sandwich will it be?

I spoiled myself and found out that it's a really good angus roast beef & cheese sandwich.
I got to see what it would look like, though I didn't get to eat it yet.

My consumption of the sandwich will still be enjoyable even if it's not a surprise, to me.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
-viper- said:
Well the demo segment isn't even in the final game (according to TTP) so I don't think it even matters :p

TTP hasn't played the final game and has already been corrected on this point. It's in there but significantly modified.

JCreasy

Ok I've made it a couple of hours and I still haven't watch it . . . I'm doing good.

Ok I need another dose of resolve. Please. ANYONE.

REALLY need to maintain my media blackout on this one.

BeeDog

JCreasy said:
Ok I've made it a couple of hours and I still haven't watch it . . . I'm doing good.

Jesus you pansy, it's just a video of a frickin' game. Take your mind off it, and go splash some water on your face in the bathroom or something. :p

-viper-

Banned
JCreasy said:

These 10 minutes equate to less than 1.4% of the total game, based the apparent fact the game is 12 hours long.

This means the other 98.6% is pretty much stuff you've not seen in video before.

Top Bottom