• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War 3 Has Gone Gold - Lots of Reviews Out Already

Animator

Lince said:
20103517526_10.jpg

Kratos with the blades of cucumber!

Gamestop preorder bonus maybe?

Massa

Cruzader said:
OMG I need to go to Spain and release my latino RAGE on this lady. :D

Lady? I thought you guys were talking about taking that GOW3 game case lying there, as in "I would take it".

Guts Of Thor

Thorax of Odin
Has anyone traded their used games on Amazon? I found that I can $30 for a few titles I have and want to use the credit towards GOW III but I'm concerned about how long it will take for amazon to ship me the boxes and then how long it will take for my stuff to get to them and then to put the credit in my account. Think this can all get done by next Friday if I submit my trade today?

Guts Of Thor said:
Has anyone traded their used games on Amazon? I found that I can $30 for a few titles I have and want to use the credit towards GOW III but I'm concerned about how long it will take for amazon to ship me the boxes and then how long it will take for my stuff to get to them and then to put the credit in my account. Think this can all get done by next Friday if I submit my trade today?

Amazon doesn't ship you anything. You print off a mailing label (prepaid) and send it off yourself. It takes me about 7 calander days from the date I mailed it to get credit. I'm in Nebraska and it goes to New Hampshire or something like that, so the time may be shorter if you are east coast.

I've had good success with Amazon so far. Traded in about 7-10 titles or so now.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Itd be greatly appreciated if someone Kratos'd my avatar, it may be a little tricky though, as the side of her face that needs the red mark is turned away a bit.

edit: maybe if the image was reversed?

Guts Of Thor

Thorax of Odin
KCHusker33 said:
Amazon doesn't ship you anything. You print off a mailing label (prepaid) and send it off yourself. It takes me about 7 calander days from the date I mailed it to get credit. I'm in Nebraska and it goes to New Hampshire or something like that, so the time may be shorter if you are east coast.

I've had good success with Amazon so far. Traded in about 7-10 titles or so now.

Thanks for the info! I'll try to get them out today.

yurinka

Justin Dailey said:
100K seems like a lot for Spain. Has GOW historically sold that well?
Spain is the 6th biggest market in the world, 4th of Europe.
And BTW, Spain always has been Sony land.
To get in context, as I remember both Invizimals (a PSP Sony game developed in Spain) and Uncharted 2 topped this number in 2009.
I think Uncharted 2 numbers here was 130K (bundles not included).

jmd494

yurinka said:
Spain is the 6th biggest market in the world, 4th of Europe.
And BTW, Spain always has been Sony land.
To get in context, as I remember both Invizimals (a PSP Sony game developed in Spain) and Uncharted 2 topped this number in 2009.
I think Uncharted 2 numbers here was 130K (bundles not included).
Interesting...I had no idea. Sony really could use one game that just lights up the charts. They have soooo much talent and it's sad to see them constantly flounder at retail.

Hugbot

Broke down and preordered off of Amazon this morning, the $10 credit set me over the edge. I still need to beat the second one at some point, but I'm not going to put off 3 until then. Too much stuff gets stuck straight in my backlog that way.

Also, if anyone wants to Kratosinate Leo, I'd appreciate it.

Yoboman

JaseC said:
Everybody wishing for an alternative printable cover, make yourselves heard on the PS Blog. It worked for HR.
Err pretty sure the devs already said it has an alternate cover more in line with GoW1 and 2 on the inside of the sleeve

Nizz

Always-honest said:
okay. just had to kratosfy the hoffmeister
:lol That's pretty awesome!

Hag said:
Just saw the vengeance trailer in 1080p on my Ps3. Fucking GOTY right there.
Yeah, I downloaded the trailer last night from the PSN store. Beautiful.

Cruzader

Banned
Yoboman said:
Err pretty sure the devs already said it has an alternate cover more in line with GoW1 and 2 on the inside of the sleeve
Yea but those are just like wallpaper like art, not really box covers. The way they did the HR PDF was sick as hell. We need that for GOW3.

Just finished up the PS3 God of War collection in anticipation (was the first time I played them too!). Pretty awesome games, both with some pretty detailed environments - at least better than what I expected. Although I don't know how they went from end of GoW2 to GoW3 demo.

yencid

Freakinchair said:
Just finished up the PS3 God of War collection in anticipation (was the first time I played them too!). Pretty awesome games, both with some pretty detailed environments - at least better than what I expected. Although I don't know how they went from end of GoW2 to GoW3 demo.
GOW3 demo is not the beginning of the game if thats what you meant.

yurinka

Justin Dailey said:
Interesting...I had no idea. Sony really could use one game that just lights up the charts. They have soooo much talent and it's sad to see them constantly flounder at retail.
I also found some old new were they said they were going to ship 130K for Killzone 2 release in Spain.

Justin Dailey said:
How are Amazon's trade-in values?

If they're good enough, I'll officially never set foot in a gamestop again. :D

On the whole, I think they offer better values, particularly on recently released stuff. Older things may be slightly better or at least consistent with GS.

Top Bottom