• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War 3 Has Gone Gold - Lots of Reviews Out Already

Magnus

dragonflys545 said:
No update yet huh... The guy must be playing it non-stop. :lol

I wish. Just got home. I had to leave right after I posted for a ceremony I had to take part in at my martial arts club north of Toronto. I got home, and the rents are enjoying Hurt Locker which I lovingly brought them on bluray earlier in the week, when I had no idea I'd land either game this soon. And I have to crash by 2am if I want to make work tomorrow on time, so I'll probably only get a few hours in tonight. FML :lol

Also, I'm not ignoring requests about where it's from; I just obviously can't answer, for fear of any risk of getting related parties in trouble.

torontoml

Just check out to see if that GT5 trailer is new, if you can't upload it tonight it would be great if you could do it sometime tomorrow:D

Magnus

How would I upload it off a PS3 disc? :( I don't have a bluray drive on my PC.

Didn't Jim get one too? Go bug him, while I endure the last half of Hurt Locker. :(

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Magnus said:
How would I upload it off a PS3 disc? :( I don't have a bluray drive on my PC.
do you have a camera? or cell phone camera? :)

or webcam or anything ahhhhh *scratches walls*

Magnus

I promise, the first thing I'll do when I pop the disc in, is check out the GT5 trailer. I'll put aside ravaging the gods for that for 5 minutes. :)

Y2Kev

Magnus said:
I promise, the first thing I'll do when I pop the disc in, is check out the GT5 trailer. I'll put aside ravaging the gods for that for 5 minutes. :)

Someone teach me how to get a vid off my iphone and it's done, lol.
Email it to yourself, or if you have a mac you can pull it off of iPhoto.

You can also upload directly to youtube.

Cruzader said:
I think anyone bringing the "bu bu 1080P" comment is clearly stealth trolling. Like after watching the GTTV footage, does it really matter? What 1080P game is doing what GOW3 does? Tell me?
That is exactly how I feel. Really, couple of pages ago I pointed out how glad I am because I'll be enjoying flying into the face of giant titans instead of noticing a 5 fps drop and throwing a tantrum. Same goes for 1080p/upscale whatever.

Magnus said:

You are a good man.
You should procure a second copy and overnight it to me.
Then you would be a great man. :D

Magnus

Movie's over.

So, I've never seen this before; the trailers portion of the disc actually shows up under the Video tab on the XMB, before even going into the disc. Have other PS3 games featured this and I've just never noticed? lol

TMoss

hey_it's_that_dog said:
Mr. Moss,

Just wanted to say I'm a huge fan and I admire your (and the rest of the team's work) a great deal. I really enjoyed that talk about GOW1 you gave at GDC (downloaded it from Gamasutra) and I was wondering if you're going to be talking about the development of GOW3 at GDC this year.

Thx, its taken a very long time to build up the Sony SM team. I have never been happier working than I am now, with that bunch of people.

I am on holiday at the moment, so no GDC talks this year (though some other people are). The timing was bad. Maybe next year.

torontoml

Magnus said:
Movie's over.

So, I've never seen this before; the trailers portion of the disc actually shows up under the Video tab on the XMB, before even going into the disc. Have other PS3 games featured this and I've just never noticed? lol
Don't think so, probably the start of it though, easy way to advertise.

If this is Sony's biggest IP to date
lets ignore GT5 for a second here :p
, wheres the commercials for this game because I havent seen a single one yet.

The two week wait is gonna kill me. Damn you early acquirers!

rhino4evr

TMoss said:
Thx, its taken a very long time to build up the Sony SM team. I have never been happier working than I am now, with that bunch of people.

I am on holiday at the moment, so no GDC talks this year (though some other people are). The timing was bad. Maybe next year.
So we have the lead designer and someone that got an early copy posting at the same time. This is why Gaf is the king of gaming sites

Animator

Magnus said:
Movie's over.

Batman AA did that with the bonus videos. They showed up under the video section.

Magnus

Done. My technically inept ass is now trying to figure out a way to get it online. iphone video quality is pretty ass, forewarned, lol. The trailer's about 2:20 or so in length.

torontoml

Magnus said:
Done. My technically inept ass is now trying to figure out a way to get it online. iphone video quality is pretty ass, forewarned, lol. The trailer's about 2:20 or so in length.
Is it new?

Does anyone know if the Art Book that comes with the Pandora's Box version is a full size art book or a game case size? It pretty much is going to decide whether or not I pick up the Pandoras box edition or not, yet it seems to be tough to find out what it really is.

Y2Kev

rhino4evr said:
So we have the lead designer and someone that got an early copy posting at the same time. This is why Gaf is the king of gaming sites
And yet we are talking about hurt locker. Oh the humanity

I can host the trailer if need be. Pm me if interested.

rhino4evr

Magnus said:
You are way too nice. If I were you I'd have turned off the computer and strafed playing by now

rhino4evr said:

He is currently the Director of Technology at Sony Santa Monica. He was the Lead programmer on GOW and GOW II.

Y2Kev

Magnus said:
Wait, what, Jim is the lead designer of GoW 3? I'm a little scared now :lol
Tim Moss, who is posting in this thread, is the director of technology. stig is not posting in this thread. jim is a gaf favorite but not a developer :D

Magnus

I don't want to get banned for this shit. Can a mod tell me if I'm permitted to record a vid of this trailer, and share it on here? lol

rhino4evr

Magnus said:
I don't want to get banned for this shit. Can a mod tell me if I'm permitted to record a vid of this trailer, and share it on here? lol
Forget the trailer for that crappy racing game. This is a gow thread, bring on the kratos impressions!!!!

Magnus said:

A mod can probably correct me but posting a link to a youtube video shouldn't be a bannable offense. But I could be wrong.

When is the review embargo up for GOW3, anyway?

I have to admit, what I've seen from GoW3 has completely killed any excitement I had for that other March blockbuster.:lol

theignoramus said:

I have to admit, what I've seen from GoW3 has completely killed any excitement for that other March blockbuster. (well...GoW3 footage and the review scores.:lol )

Monday March 8, I believe is when the embargo ends.

Darkman M

theignoramus said:

I have to admit, what I've seen from GoW3 has completely killed any excitement I had for that other March blockbuster.:lol

There's another March blockbuster other then God Of War III? :D

Top Bottom