• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War 3 Has Gone Gold - Lots of Reviews Out Already

Bloodrage

Banned
Dogenzaka said:
BEFORE YOU FUCKING DO ANYTHING!!!!!
Check the back of the manual. They said there would be a hint as to what SSM would be up to next/the future of GoW in GoW3's manual!

GO
"They" lied. There's nothing.

Jim

My obligatory boxshots... now with more bonus tile background!

box1.jpg

box2.jpg

box3.jpg

box4.jpg

Also, there are no surprises in the manual.

skee

Neo Member
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU the wait for this is EXCRUCIATING! I havent seen any media for this other then the trailer 2 or 3 weeks ago. No GIFs. No GTTV. Nothing. Just this thread, and even then I skip over a post if it looks too revealing at first glance.

I have put plastic on my walls so my family does not have to pick up my....mess....once my head asplodes. :lol Im waiting Santa Monica! I know you will not disappoint - no matter how much we hype. :D

skee said:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU the wait for this is EXCRUCIATING! I havent seen any media for this other then the trailer 2 or 3 weeks ago. No GIFs. No GTTV. Nothing. Just this thread, and even then I skip over a post if it looks too revealing at first glance.

I have put plastic on my walls so my family does not have to pick up my....mess....once my head asplodes. :lol Im waiting Santa Monica! I know you will not disappoint - no matter how much we hype. :D
Just don't die from the awesomeness :D

monocromo

That's nice. If you turn the cover you are going to get that A. Park art (I think that its the same as the GStop preorder bonus poster) and for the back of the case you get a full black with the GoW III logo.

Jim said:
My obligatory boxshots... now with more bonus tile background!

box4.jpg

Also, there are no surprises in the manual.

Seriously, no 1080p? After all that talk that it would output 1080p and now it doesn't.

Disappointing.

Minamu

Oh yeah, in anticipation for GOW3, I just ordered the GOW Collection from VGP for a measly 37.5CAD :D I can't believe it's so cheap, compared to EU standards. Also, about 4 years since GOW2? :O Damn, has it been that long already? :) Lent my collector's copy to a former friend's friend & I haven't seen it since :( Pretty much why I decided to import it...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
ghostofsparta said:
Seriously, no 1080p? After all that talk that it would output 1080p and now it doesn't.

Disappointing.

The 1080p assumption sort of snowballed after Cory Balrog mentioned it and nobody bothered to correct him. That is, until Digital Foundry did the E3 2009 demo analysis.

TMoss

ghostofsparta said:

Disappointing.

We evaluated 960*1080 and decided that we preferred the look of 1280*720 along with our AA. If you force your tv to 1080, the game will upscale and run just fine. But it will just be upscaling the 720 image.

As far as the back of the box is concerned we tried not to be deceptive. But I guess ended up just making it more confused! Sorry about that.

TMoss said:
We evaluated 960*1080 and decided that we preferred the look of 1280*720 along with our AA. If you force your tv to 1080, the game will upscale and run just fine. But it will just be upscaling the 720 image.

As far as the back of the box is concerned we tried not to be deceptive. But I guess ended up just making it more confused! Sorry about that.
woah. You're Tim Moss, the lead programmer on GOW 1 & 2.:D
I've been playing 720p, direct feed footage of the game on my big screen in slow motion,and it's the best looking console game I've ever seen. You guys did a fantastic job, well done.

beast786

TMoss said:

Wow.. lead progammer.

Congratulations on your work

clapping.gif

Tim Moss, just wanted to say you and your team did an INCREDIBLE job of harnessing PS3's power. I've never seen anything like that done before. Congrats :D

Can't wait to get my paws on the game.

When it says 1080i on the case usually you can upscale to 1080p. If 720p is the highest res on the box and you try to upscale to 1080p it'll drop down to 480p.

user friendly said:
When it says 1080i on the case usually you can upscale to 1080p. If 720p is the highest res on the box and you try to upscale to 1080p it'll drop down to 480p.

I like the way Uncharted 2 handled it...

All output resolutions were on the box, 480p 720p 1080i 1080p, but 720p was in red text.

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/bigboxshots/5/955125_138915_back.jpg

My biggest annoyance is when I can't tell from the back of the box if it supports 1080p output, because I don't even play games that don't. Yes, I'm shallow.

EDIT: Actually, maybe that's not what the back of the Uncharted 2 box means. It is so confusing. To me, if a game can output a 1080p signal, then it is 1080p. See, all Xbox 360 games.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
TMoss said:

*fist bump* We good, we good. :D
Can't wait till release date!

Replicant

Has anyone got picture of the Pandora box already? I'm curious to see how good it is. It looks good on the promo shots but usually they don't look hot in reality.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Whoa, an important person posted here and WASN'T being trolled by Kittowny? This throws my plans for the Dimensionator into disarray...

RavenFox

Banned
TMoss said:

Bless you Tim. :D

JaseC

Y2Kev said:
Whoa, an important person posted here and WASN'T being trolled by Kittowny? This throws my plans for the Dimensionator into disarray...

But you see, GoWIII employs HDR lighting. There's no reason for teh kitton to get mad!

Edit: And another internet hi-5 for Tim.

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
My biggest annoyance is when I can't tell from the back of the box if it supports 1080p output, because I don't even play games that don't. Yes, I'm shallow.
I don't understand this. If you have a 1080p TV, you will see 1080p. It doesn't matter if the game says it outputs in 1080p. It's just a difference of the PS3 upscaling it or your TV doing it. The only case where this might be an issue is if you had a 1080 resolution TV that does not accept 1080p input, only 1080i, but that's on the box, so....???

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Which armor do you think looks better.
t1forgottenwarrior._V207110565_.jpg
Apollo.jpg

I think I like Forgotten Warrior myself which is Amazon, anyone know of any other UK sites that are doing pre-order bonus.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Magnus said:
Oh boy, you guys are gonna kill me....

29fcmpt.jpg

:lol

You get FFXIII early and GoW III early

i hate you

forever

I currently have my PS3 set to 1080p. With so many games running in 720p, would it be better if i just set my system to 720p for games like God of War 3?

Dogenzaka

Banned
ghostofsparta said:

Disappointing.

Uhh, I sincerely hope you don't mean natively.

Considering this is probably the most taxing game to release on the PS3 yet, I doubt it would support native 1080p when very few other console games whatsoever support that.

Anyway, I have a 1080p TV too but it looks just fine as 720p upscaled :p

JaseC

Cruzader said:
Is there seriously a GT5 trailer on the GOW3 disk? If so thats dumb. We have seen videos, I dont get why we need to see more of it.

It's supposedly an all-new trailer.

I have a 32" TV at my place, so I don't care much for 1080p. Even if I had, I wouldn't be hysterical about it like some folks here. I wonder if any of you complainers were around during the PSOne or heaven forbid, SNES/Genesis days.
Firewire said:
So many reviewers have the game but not one mention of it, makes me think review copies don't have the GT5 trailer.
Yeah, I think so too :(

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
TMoss said:

Mr. Moss,

Just wanted to say I'm a huge fan and I admire your (and the rest of the team's work) a great deal. I really enjoyed that talk about GOW1 you gave at GDC (downloaded it from Gamasutra) and I was wondering if you're going to be talking about the development of GOW3 at GDC this year.

So I was sitting in a room with a bunch of God of War nerds like myself today.

My oh my how many times you can shout ZEUS, ATHENA, AERES and not get bored.

Cruzader

Banned
RustyNails said:
I have a 32" TV at my place, so I don't care much for 1080p. Even if I had, I wouldn't be hysterical about it like some folks here. I wonder if any of you complainers were around during the PSOne or heaven forbid, SNES/Genesis days.

Yeah, I think so too :(
I think anyone bringing the "bu bu 1080P" comment is clearly stealth trolling. Like after watching the GTTV footage, does it really matter? What 1080P game is doing what GOW3 does? Tell me?

Edit: my post was not directed at you rusty.

Firewire

Banned
Cruzader said:
I think anyone bringing the "bu bu 1080P" comment is clearly stealth trolling. Like after watching the GTTV footage, does it really matter? What 1080P game is doing what GOW3 does? Tell me?
chill out dude

JaseC

Cruzader said:

Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

rhino4evr

TMoss said:

We don't need no stinkin 1080p!!

Looks like Sony is plastering reviewers with copies. I wish I could get on Sony's "give him a review copy" list.

It makes me very happy to see we get the good cover artwork and that the comic artwork is the inner artwork.

Also, that poster is huge. I just got one tonight -- I need to measure it so I can get a frame for it. :lol

I can only hope that someone breaks street date and they start selling retail copies everywhere. I can't wait another week... :'(

Top Bottom