• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War 3 Has Gone Gold - Lots of Reviews Out Already

rhino4evr said:
Forget the trailer for that crappy racing game
20aphq8.gif

Cerberus

theignoramus said:
When is the review embargo up for GOW3, anyway?

I have to admit, what I've seen from GoW3 has completely killed any excitement I had for that other March blockbuster.:lol

Monday at 12 PM EST/5 PM GMT

Magnus

Youtube is criminally slow for uploading. Jesus.

Gonna try the game out while the last 10 minutes (fuck) ticks down.

I fuckin came!!!

Night Racing, WRX STI getting wrecked, along with recycled footage :p

10 pages of discussion in the GT5 thread here we come! :lol

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Bad_Boy said:
GT5 will have night racing in the city. :lol
But, a full blown city. All the beautiful buildings in real time like you saw in the trailer? Ah hell yeah

These guys need to do a walking simulator next

Magnus

I apologize for aiding in derailing the thread for a GT5 trailer. Let me attempt to rectify this mistake.

2qk3wv4.jpg

:eek:

I fucking need a real digital camera :lol

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Teetris said:
But, a full blown city. All the beautiful buildings in real time like you saw in the trailer? Ah hell yeah

These guys need to do a walking simulator next
:lol

Magnus said:
I apologize for aiding in derailing the thread for a GT5 trailer. Let me attempt to rectify this mistake.

2qk3wv4.jpg

dvlydu.jpg

but if you spoil any of the actual game i will find you and destroy your ps3

Magnus said:

2qk3wv4.jpg

I beg you not to post more pics. As I want to be spoiler free but GODDAMNOW :D . Post your impressions.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
webcivilian said:
I beg you not to post more pics. As I want to be spoiler free but GODDAMNOW :D . Post your impressions.
this. but without the impressions. really at this point, do we even need them? cmon we are all getting the game, we know it will be epic. :)

Magnus

I won't, I promise. If you like, we'll remove that one too. I know some people don't even want to know what a title screen looks like. I'm sorry :lol

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Magnus said:
I won't, I promise. If you like, we'll remove that one too. I know some people don't even want to know what a title screen looks like. I'm sorry :lol
i dont mind the title screen, its actually really sweet looking. i just dont want to see anything after "new game" is selected. :lol

Magnus

Holy fucking shit at the first 5 minutes. I confess to not having reached the end of either previous GoW (I know, crucify me), so I'm sure they had their moments, but this is fucking staggering.

Magnus said:
Holy fucking shit at the first 5 minutes. I confess to not having reached the end of either previous GoW, so I'm sure they had their moments, but this is fucking staggering.
Dude, enjoy your game. Don't let NeoGAF get you to talk about framerates, slowdowns, 1080p, hit-pauses and other worthless shit. If I were you I'd bail right about now :D

Dogenzaka

Banned
Magnus said:
Holy fucking shit at the first 5 minutes. I confess to not having reached the end of either previous GoW (I know, crucify me), so I'm sure they had their moments, but this is fucking staggering.
I just finished GoW2 today and the ending floored me, so I recommend finishing them (sort of too late now, though, lol).

GoW series has some of the coolest ending-boss fights ever.

YYZ

umm, wtf, are stores around Toronto getting it this early and selling it? Never thought to ask over a week early.

Also, does the game (not the collector's edition) have the making-of stuff on it?

Magnus

RustyNails said:
Dude, enjoy your game. Don't let NeoGAF get you to talk about framerates, slowdowns, 1080p, hit-pauses and other worthless shit. If I were you I'd bail right about now :D

If you're referring to some of the talk that's peppering the FFXIII comparison thread right now, I couldn't care less. I mean, yeah, if something's quite obviously fucking up the framerate, I'm pissed, but I won't let missing HDR-hyper reflective lighting and self-shadowing or whatever the fuck bother me too much. :lol

Jim

Oh My God... some of the most epic stuff ever in the first couple of hours. Tons of "holy shit!" moments.

Game looks wayy better than I would have imagined after playing the demo (which I thought still looked great). Mindblowingly so. Effects are unlike anything else out there. The game is from a future generation or something.

Titan Mode (hard) is damn hard so far.

YYZ

Spike said:
So, wait, did you get this in Toronto, Magnus? Please tell me where if you did.
he won't/can't say, but there are a few places to ask, MAYBE. It's more likely that he has connections of some sort.

Loudninja

Jim said:
Oh My God... some of the most epic stuff ever in the first couple of hours. Tons of "holy shit!" moments.

Game looks wayy better than I would have imagined after playing the demo (which I thought still looked great). Mindblowingly so. Effects are unlike anything else out there. The game is from a future generation or something.

Yeah I see you playing right now sounds so good. :(

Jim said:
Harder than previous GoW titan modes? Im playing GoW 2 titan mode and I'm in temple of Lahkesis right now. I love how careful I have to be when fighting bad guys. Block/roll is life saver.

Spike

YYZ said:
he won't/can't say, but there are a few places to ask, MAYBE. It's more likely that he has connections of some sort.

Wait, why? I mean, he can just come out and say that he has a connection who hooked him up without mentioning anything more. But if it is a store that is actually selling it before the street date, then shoot off a PM and let others in. I would.

YYZ said:
Also, does the game (not the collector's edition) have the making-of stuff on it?

I was wondering about this as well. I hope it lives up to the last two games in terms of awesome making of vids.

Magnus

Yeah, I'd definitely let people know if I'd just bought it from somewhere. :lol

It's a personal connection.

Man, I was so hungry; I hadn't eaten in 8 hours, and when I was about to when I got home, I scrambled to get the GT trailer up instead. :lol I took the opportunity to read up on the plots of GoW and II while I ate, and holy shit, I can't believe they left all of you with that as a cliffhanger at the end of II. Unreal. Now I understand what the fuck is going on, and why everyone was so amped to see how III opened. :lol This is unbelievably epic.

Jim

RustyNails said:
Harder than previous GoW titan modes? Im playing GoW 2 titan mode and I'm in temple of Lahkesis right now. I love how careful I have to be when fighting bad guys. Block/roll is life saver.

Yeah, it seems like it. Well not the bad guys, it's the
massive, multi-part boss fight
. The beginning just basically starts off pretty difficult for a few reasons. Don't want to spoil it if you haven't seen/heard about it.

Jim said:
Yeah, it seems like it. Well not the bad guys, it's the
massive, multi-part boss fight
. The beginning just basically starts off pretty difficult for a few reasons. Don't want to spoil it if you haven't seen/heard about it.

So the posiedon boss is pretty hard? Everyone, including me, was bitching about how terribly easy it looks on the video.

Nardonicus said:
I was wondering about this as well. I hope it lives up to the last two games in terms of awesome making of vids.
box4.jpg

Look closely at the red text that says Bonus Features. "Making of" documentaries.

Top Bottom