• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War 3 Has Gone Gold - Lots of Reviews Out Already

spidye

Toxa said:
review03.jpg

CGI ? PS5 ?

MOTHER OF GOD!

Magnus

I'm glad the GT review (spoileriffic as it may be in regards to the amazing introductory sequence and some of the awesome bosses later in the game) pointed out my two biggest complaints with the game:

The occasionally brutal camerawork coupled with some dumb swinging sequences, resulting in some frustrating deaths (though I guess I'm alone on the Icarus Vent issue... :lol), and "missed opportunities" when it came to the titans.

There's just not enough goodness. So much is happening offscreen in regards to the titans, and you don't get to partake in or even witness it.

What you do get though, is glorious.

So again, don't watch the Gametrailers review if you don't want to see half the bosses in the game and want the first 30 minutes to remain blissfully surprising and incredible. :D

-viper-

Banned
I watched the combat video on Gametrailers and DAMN, this is easily the best looking game I've seen on any console.

The motion blur really is the icing on the cake. Looks phenomenal in motion.

Magnus

My friends that have completed all three console games tell me that III's brutality factor is far and away ahead of whatever he saw in I and II. The concluding sequences for each boss are so satisfyingly brutal, and often outright hilarious.

The winner was of course,
Hermes.
You see it coming, and it's brilliant. I was in stitches.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
RustyNails said:
AFAIK, the hardest difficulty in GoW games unlocks only after you beat the hard difficulty. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think you're wrong, because I've never played hard mode in a GOW game. Only normal and hardest.

Magnus

Whatever's harder than hard (I think it was called "Chaos") unlocked for me after beating Normal.

Also, I watched the Making of GoW III doc that's available right away on the disc without beating the game, and barely got to see any of the game's production; it was almost entirely focused on all the emotion, nervousness and employee relationships from 2007 to early 2010....like seriously, the whole thing was like a reality show. For nearly a whole hour. :lol

Had to go into the individual unlocked vids afterward to see actual behind-the-scenes production stuff.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Magnus said:
Whatever's harder than hard (I think it was called "Chaos") unlocked for me after beating Normal.

Also, I watched the Making of GoW III doc that's available right away on the disc without beating the game, and barely got to see any of the game's production; it was almost entirely focused on all the emotion, nervousness and employee relationships from 2007 to early 2010....like seriously, the whole thing was like a reality show. For nearly a whole hour. :lol

Had to go into the individual unlocked vids afterward to see actual behind-the-scenes production stuff.
Sounds exactly like the ones from the first two. :lol

Apologies if this has already been addressed, but did Linda Hunt not reprise her role as Gaia in GoW III? It certainly doesn't sound like her in some of the GT review footage.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
MyEpitomeCliché said:
Apologies if this has already been addressed, but did Linda Hunt not reprise her role as Gaia in GoW III? It certainly doesn't sound like her in some of the GT review footage.

According to IMDB, Linda Hunt's the VA for Gaia in GoW III too.

friend is going to rebuy a ps3 just for GOW3 and i'm pretty sure he's going to sell it after he's done with the game. (he bought a psp for CoO and sold it after he was done WTF)

Magnus

FFObsessed said:
Is there a trophy for beating the game on Titan mode? I don't know if I'd be able to, I suck at these action games.

Tell me about it; Normal was the perfect challenge for me, definitely tough enough. I'd probably go fucking crazy on Hard or Chaos. :lol

DeadGzuz

Banned
DMPrince said:
friend is going to rebuy a ps3 just for GOW3 and i'm pretty sure he's going to sell it after he's done with the game. (he bought a psp for CoO and sold it after he was done WTF)

It was nice of you to befriend a special person. :D

KZObsessed

Thanx. I didn't want to look at the trophy list myself in case of spoilers :p Normal is a decent enough challenge for me as well, that's all I played the other games on. I'll give Titan Mode a try tho and see how it goes :lol

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
FFObsessed said:
Thanx. I didn't want to look at the trophy list myself in case of spoilers :p Normal is a decent enough challenge for me as well, that's all I played the other games on. I'll give Titan Mode a try tho and see how it goes :lol

You did beat Radec on Elite did you? If you did, you are strong enough to overcome every challenge in life.

Shuusui

Having beat God of War II on super-the-fucking-hard mode, I'm eager to take on Titan mode. The trophy is just a bonus, innit.

-viper-

Banned
FFObsessed said:
Well Titan mode isn't even the hardest difficulty in the game.

Titan = Hard mode. Personally I'm happy at this :p - If I manage to complete normal mode first time round, hard mode should be possible second time round especially if I know what to do :p

Chaos on the other hand = Very Hard mode.

KZObsessed

TTP said:
You did beat Radec on Elite did you? If you did, you are strong enough to overcome every challenge in life.

How dare you even ask such a thing! Actually I finished it first time on Elite. Hard kicked my ass for a good hour tho :p

-viper- said:
Well Titan mode isn't even the hardest difficulty in the game.

Titan = Hard mode. Personally I'm happy at this :p - If I manage to complete normal mode first time round, hard mode should be possible second time round especially if I know what to do :p

oooh I thought it was the one after Hard. Well, maybe I can do it!

vvvv f u Beast!

-viper-

Banned
To Magnus or any others who completed the game. Is the ending of the game that Jesus thing some other poster suggested? Send me a PM with a simple yes or a no. :p

Konosuke

: O Dude, go to Justin.Tv and stream all the goodness! I can't wait anymore! The picture quality of this game is insane...that Kratos model is so fucking detailed, how is that even possible?!

Top Bottom