• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War 3 Has Gone Gold - Lots of Reviews Out Already

RichieRich

(works for gametrailers)
Magnus said:
So again, don't watch the Gametrailers review if you don't want to see half the bosses in the game and want the first 30 minutes to remain blissfully surprising and incredible. :D
This made me :lol

Four of the bosses including the final boss were revealed at the end of God of War 2, Cronos was revealed on GTTV, and Sony revealed Hades in the Vengeance trailer along with a sneak peak of
the final battle
, so with that said, our review can't spoil what has already been spoiled. But don't take my word for it, watch it for yourself:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-hd-god-of-war/62753

The first thirty minutes is blissfully surprising whether you watch our review or not.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
-viper- said:
To Magnus or any others who completed the game. Is the ending of the game that Jesus thing some other poster suggested? Send me a PM with a simple yes or a no. :p

I really hope they didn't use that 'Kratos = Jesus' father' idea I made up :lol

mr_nothin

Banned
RichieRich said:

Four of the bosses including the final boss were revealed at the end of God of War 2, Cronos was revealed on GTTV, and Sony revealed Hades in the Vengeance trailer along with a sneak peak of
the final battle
, so with that said, our review can't spoil what has already been spoiled. But don't take my word for it, watch it for yourself:

The first thirty minutes is blissfully surprising whether you watch our review or not.
Oh God! Now GTTV is coming in threads and spoiling! run for your lives! ;)

mr_nothin said:
Oh God! Now GTTV is coming in threads and spoiling! run for your lives! ;)
2iag22g.jpg

Facism

Gold Member
FFObsessed said:
Is there a trophy for beating the game on Titan mode? I don't know if I'd be able to, I suck at these action games.

No sniper rifles or Lince, Cagen, Raist or myself to hold your hand :3

-viper-

Banned
Facism said:
No sniper rifles or Lince, Cagen, Raist or myself to hold your hand :3
FFO need not to worry. My mere online presence on the PSN will give him the ability to complete Titan Mode.

-viper-

Banned
Combichristoffersen said:
Thankfully they didn't. Watching that GTTV video when Geoff talked about the highly controversial moment really did make me wonder though. :p

Facism

Gold Member
-viper- said:
FFO need not to worry. My mere online presence on the PSN will give him the ability to complete Titan Mode.

We're all gonna be online at 12:30am friday next week, after the trip to our local ASDAs, aren't we? :D

If you've already seen the GTTV GOW episode, then you really won't be spoiled by the review, since most of the footage is taken from the same areas. Anyways, EIGHT MORE DAYS CURSE THE GODS FOR MAKING DAYS SO LONG!!!!!!!!!

Kittonwy

Banned
Leatherface said:
Balancing issues aside, I'd just like to say Naughty Dog made a little game called Uncharted 2 and it had 18+ hour single player campaign, co-op, and regular multi-player. how big was their team and budget for comparisons sake? I'm just saying the extra time to tweak an optional co-op type experience would be the next logical step for a game like GOW. Imagine a 2-4 player Co-op in a game with the epic scale and perfection of the GOW franchise? =O

ND hired extra people just to work on the MP and co-op. Their team is a bit over 100, it used to be just under 90. They had 18 months and their budget was $25-30 million for Uncharted 2, Santa Monica spent $44 million just to have 132 people working 3 years on the single player campaign of God of War 3, it's already massively expensive, trying to hire even more people and to figure out how to make a co-op mode that doesn't tacked on would be an expensive nightmare.

nib95

Banned
Ok, so just done with the first 40 mins or so. Fuck me side ways. What an opening segment. Just an insane thrill ride full of so much bad assery that you feel like a kiddy child.

Somebody fucked around with God of War III`s wiki page:
According to Sony Santa Monica's director of technology Tim Moss, God of War III will take up 35 gigabytes on the Blu-ray disc it ships on. Gaia's nose alone is 1 gigabyte of textures, and requires 12 hours to complete. It has also been confirmed that it takes atleast 3 Xbox 360s connected together to run this game, even then it would be on multiple disc, estimated at 5 or more.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Combichristoffersen said:
For the record, that wackiness has been knocked around ever since gowII came out, for obvious reasons :p

rhino4evr

RichieRich said:

the final battle

Dude what the fuck? Did u ever consider that some people never played the first few games. Nit to mention have no idea who they will be fighting? Use some common sense when picking your clips. Instead you try to find the most impressive/spoilerific clips to gather hype and attention. I will never watch a gt review before playing a game again

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I just watched 1 minute of the GT review. God damn it, that's the last time I'll watch GT reviews.

Yoshichan said:
I just watched 1 minute of the GT review. God damn it, that's the last time I'll watch GT reviews.
Yeah, I watched the beast slaying gameplay part 1 vid and they
Hades
death scene...bastards. :/

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Sony should mandate MLAA on all PS3 games. If you aren't gonna use MSAA you must use MLAA.

Magnus

RichieRich said:

the final battle

Can't be sure what everyone's already seen, chuckles -- I know I didn't see any of those previews or advance footage, and I enjoyed the game more for it. People asked how spoiler-heavy the review was, and I responded. Many readers here expressly avoided GTTV and other similar previews so as to dodge footage of significant events and boss encounters, so all I did was respond to their question, and inform them that the vid would showcase half the bosses.

I don't know how the first thirty minutes can remain surprising when almost every sweet and surprising image from it is on display in the review. :)

Evidence from the thread already suggests some people are seeing things in it they didn't want to see.

That said, I ain't knockin' GT; I usually love all your videos. I'm not accusing you guys of spoiling it for everyone. Was just answering the question.

Wizman23

Banned
RichieRich said:

the final battle

I don't find it funny that I haven't been able to watch a review on your site for the past year or so because you spoil everything. Its a shame too because you guys are above and beyond every other site out there in regards to the quality of your video reviews. Its common knowledge on GAF not to watch video reviews on your site because you spoil too dam much.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Y2Kev said:
Sony should mandate MLAA on all PS3 games. If you aren't gonna use MSAA you must use MLAA.
I just saw the gamereactor.se 720p screens.

MLAA looks completely unbelievable. Makes MSAA pretty much obsolete it seems. What they have here in GoW3 during actual gameplay, looks practically indistinguishable from all the bullshots we've been seeing all these years. It's like a magical antialiasing method that came completely out of the left field.

Top Bottom