• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War Collection: |OT| Of It's Only Just The Beginning

kamspy

Did GOW1 use dolby pro-logic on PS2? Because I'm getting 2 channel PCM out of it on the remake. Receiver won't even matrix it unless I force it.

Just a minor annoyance.

fernoca said:
Hmm..regarding the "spiked column/no damage in Hades" trophy...How do I obtain it?
I beat The Challenge of Hades, passed the rotating saws thing, without taking damage...was that it? I didn't obtain any trophy for that.. :(
That was not it.

The "no damage" trophy is not missable; like most of them in the Collection, you'll get it simply by playing through the game. Just keep going.

MrPliskin

Banned
fernoca said:
Hmm..regarding the "spiked column/no damage in Hades" trophy...How do I obtain it?
I beat The Challenge of Hades, passed the rotating saws thing, without taking damage...was that it? I didn't obtain any trophy for that.. :(

If you take any damage at all, I'm pretty sure you have to restart from last checkpoint, otherwise it will fail to register. It's just the first column btw.

Oneself

Tom Penny said:
The game is fun as ever. Redone cut scenes would have made the game near perfect. Good stuff.

I would have thought the original video files wouldn't have been encoded compressed in PS2 quality but alas..

60gb owner here. scared to play due to the freezing issues. checked the sony forums and it appears they closed the threads and directed everyone to the official GoW forums. checked there and it seems like nobody has heard from sony on it at all.

does anyone have any info on the status that im not aware of? really want to finally finish GoW2 before 3 comes out. :(

Erebus

Commanche Raisin Toast said:
60gb owner here. scared to play due to the freezing issues. checked the sony forums and it appears they closed the threads and directed everyone to the official GoW forums. checked there and it seems like nobody has heard from sony on it at all.

does anyone have any info on the status that im not aware of? really want to finally finish GoW2 before 3 comes out. :(
I played almost for 3 hours straight on my launch 60GB unit today. No sign of freezing whatsoever.

Erdrick

I've got a launch 60 Gig model too, and my copy of the game has been fine. No problems at all. I'm just past Atlas's challenge and it's not locked once, so I'd say give it a shot.

Damn, this game can be merciless at times. But it's great in the same level as the Uncharted games as you want to see what will happen next. I've beaten the original before, but the 2nd one nearly drove me mad with some puzzle near the end. The sequel is so much better though... So I'll play through it again on this and beat it this time.

Erdrick said:
I've got a launch 60 Gig model too, and my copy of the game has been fine. No problems at all. I'm just past Atlas's challenge and it's not locked once, so I'd say give it a shot.

Damn, this game can be merciless at times. But it's great in the same level as the Uncharted games as you want to see what will happen next. I've beaten the original before, but the 2nd one nearly drove me mad with some puzzle near the end. The sequel is so much better though... So I'll play through it again on this and beat it this time.

it's not really freezing that concerns me as much as a freeze KILLING my unit. i still use the BC.

i beat the first one a while back. literally tore my DS2 down the middle on the pillars of hades part. put it down for a year and then paid a friend $5 to get past that part. if i recall, i left off on the second game around the part where
you are on the giant horses with the giant chains and you get them moving
. the bosses seem harder to me than on the first game, but everyone that's beaten it has reported that overall the game isn't as hard as GoW1, at least as far as the last quarter of the game is concerned.

still haven't beaten CoO.

Why For?

Banned
eStarland just emailed me telling me my order was shipped today

WOOOOT!!!

Now the wait for it to arrive down under. Probably have to wait till next week I'm betting. FUCK.

Just beat GoW 1 on normal. Feels weird spoiler tagging this game, but I suppose this version is many peoples' 1st experience.

Ok 1st, goddamn those spiked columns in Hades! 2nd, I surprisingly had more difficulty on Ares' 1st form than 2nd; 1st form took me 3 tries, 2nd form I got on 1st shot. When I first played this game on PS2, his second form took me a shit ton of tries

MrPliskin said:
If you take any damage at all, I'm pretty sure you have to restart from last checkpoint, otherwise it will fail to register. It's just the first column btw.
Nope. I tried twice and got damaged and fell before I did it correctly. I did not restart but simply got up and tried again, and I got the trophy.

The real reason fernoca hasn't gotten the trophy is he's not at the right spot. (fernoca, don't read)
He's in the Challenge of Hades at Pandora, not the actual Hades.
He'll need to keep playing to get to the right area.

Erdrick

it's not really freezing that concerns me as much as a freeze KILLING my unit. i still use the BC.

i beat the first one a while back. literally tore my DS2 down the middle on the pillars of hades part. put it down for a year and then paid a friend $5 to get past that part. if i recall, i left off on the second game around the part where
you are on the giant horses with the giant chains and you get them moving
. the bosses seem harder to me than on the first game, but everyone that's beaten it has reported that overall the game isn't as hard as GoW1, at least as far as the last quarter of the game is concerned.

still haven't beaten CoO.

Hmm, I never even considered that it could actually kill the PS3 system by freezing, and given as I use BC like... a lot, I'd be pretty unhappy if I could not get it repaired, or even have to in the first place. Knock on wood, I guess.

I forget the part in GoW2 exactly where I was at but it was in the later part of the game I know for sure. It was some puzzle involving spikes and it was timed. It nearly drove me mad, hence why I quit. I ended up breaking a Sixaxis in 2007 due to a part in the original game.
(Conveyors and Harpies...)
One of the few games to make me toss a controller down in frustration.

I've not even opened CoO yet, :D. After I beat these two I think I will. Then I'll be ready for the 3rd.

Nicktendo86

60gb here, also had no issues at all. Played for about an hour the other day and about two last night, no problems at all. Loving the game btw, can't bevieve I passed up on GOW before!

Footos22

I ordered my copy off of axel music.
Im in the Uk and got my "we are packaging this" email on Thursday.
So I think i should expect it on Fri/ Sat.

Should have Ratchet and clank platinumed by then so good timing! If it turns up anyway

finished god of war on normal. it's been a while, so i had similar fun like the first time around. so crisp.....

now it's time to tackle the challenge of the gods!

Triz

20gb unit and I said earlier that the game is freezing up in poseidons lair. No matter how many times i try it freezes in the same spot.

Autofokus

Are the trophies randomly bugged or something? I didn´t get the "Don't They Ever Shut Up! - Defeat the Desert Sirens" Trophy, and afaik it´s impossible to miss this trophy.

MrPliskin

Banned
Autofokus said:
Are the trophies randomly bugged or something? I didn´t get the "Don't They Ever Shut Up! - Defeat the Desert Sirens" Trophy, and afaik it´s impossible to miss this trophy.

You get it when
you beat the sirens before Chrono's, not the first 3 you encounter

If you've made it that far, then it may be bugged.

Autofokus

MrPliskin said:
You get it when
you beat the sirens before Chrono's, not the first 3 you encounter

If you've made it that far, then it may be bugged.
Thank you! I only killed the first 3. My last GoW playtrough was a long time ago, didn´t remember there was another bunch of those bitches.

ACE 1991

Currently
in the Pandora's temple. Pretty awesome so far, I'm loving the blade of Artemis. Those ogre's you fight before entering the temple's were mega frustrating though... I have trouble with enemies that I can't block :lol

Well this is SLICK!

Currently going through the first game, and loving it. Can't believe how good it looks, its an outstanding job they've done with it.

ACE 1991 said:
Currently
in the Pandora's temple. Pretty awesome so far, I'm loving the blade of Artemis. Those ogre's you fight before entering the temple's were mega frustrating though... I have trouble with enemies that I can't block :lol

Yeah, certain attacks you can't block. You'll just have to roll/evade (Right-stick).

:)

Both GoW and GoW2 output in 2.1 for me...
I can't seem to find any audio options to adjust this,
I really thought this had 5.1 audio streams...

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
tjohn86 said:
Hdmi to my receiver then hdmi to my tv.

I've never had a problem getting 5.1 before.
That's exactly what I have. Very weird. Maybe you could force the PS3 to output PCM?

tanod

when is my burrito
Synless said:
I missed one gorgon eye in the first part of the game and I'm to far to start over, if I start a new game after I beat it does the stuff carry over? Or am I screwed?

Even though there's only like 3-4 upgrades. There's actually 6 more eyes over and above what you can get for upgrades.

For example if you miss 6 eyes and get all the others, you still are able to get all the upgrades.

If you get the first 18 or 24, then any of the remaining chests that would have been eyes for the rest of the game actually turn into red orb boxes.

Same goes for feathers.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Spartan (hard) mode is kicking my ass, but I'm liking it. Does expert mode unlock if I finish it on normal, or just hard?

It looks great, much nicer than my ps2 output.

Majmun

Just need to finish the Challenge of Gods and beat the game in under five hours, and the Platinum is mine.

I don't think I'll ever be able to beat this in under 5 hours playtime, though. And challenge of the gods is kicking my ass to hades.

Blablurn said:
KRAAAATOS!

my copy arrived today. so good!!!

Which site did you order from?

Second said:
Just need to finish the Challenge of Gods and beat the game in under five hours, and the Platinum is mine.

I don't think I'll ever be able to beat this in under 5 hours playtime, though. And challenge of the gods is kicking my ass to hades.

Dairy bastard costume. You will be able to finish it that fast.

How do you get it? I'm afraid you have to beat Challenge of the Gods first.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
I've attained 80% of the GoW2 trophies and need the 20 Gorgon Eyes, 8 Urns and Challenge of the Titans trophies for another platinum. Man I hate these challenges:(

so i finally did what you guys said and just popped the game in and tried it. already beat GoW1 on PS2 so i decided to do GoW2 first. im already to the part where
i have to save pegasus from the giant rock man guy dude
and no freezing or issues AT ALL. very excited. even got some trophies and checked to see if they synced to facebook. :D

one thing i just realized though, is that i need to be real careful about finding gorgon eyes for that trophy.
please tell me that the first one is RIGHT when you get knocked off pegasus and are told to save it, and you go to the right of the screen and grapple down the ledge and to the left.
i haven't been thinking about getting those until now, and im scared that i might have missed one already. SLOW AS TAR connection here at work, so looking it up might as well wait until tomorrow at home. :(

Anyone got a spare GOW3 demo code or is willing to share with me? I bought the collection from Play-asia US version and didn't get a code :(

The_Dude

I was going to give my code away since I already have the demo, but no code in my copy from CD Universe. Anyone know why some don't have the demo?

Chromax

one thing i just realized though, is that i need to be real careful about finding gorgon eyes for that trophy.
please tell me that the first one is RIGHT when you get knocked off pegasus and are told to save it, and you go to the right of the screen and grapple down the ledge and to the left.
i haven't been thinking about getting those until now, and im scared that i might have missed one already. SLOW AS TAR connection here at work, so looking it up might as well wait until tomorrow at home. :(

That's the 2nd one.

fernoca

Liabe Brave said:
Nope. I tried twice and got damaged and fell before I did it correctly. I did not restart but simply got up and tried again, and I got the trophy.

The real reason fernoca hasn't gotten the trophy is he's not at the right spot. (fernoca, don't read)
He's in the Challenge of Hades at Pandora, not the actual Hades.
He'll need to keep playing to get to the right area.
Hehe..yeah..just beat the game today and got that trophy. :p

Overall great and still impressive game except a few things:
1. That water area with the moving walls..
2. The Baby Cerberus
3. The spike room you need to move a block
4. The second set of the spiked wall
5. Last boss' second form
...argh...

Anyway....I ended 2k short to max Medusa's head, to get the "max all trophy"...do I need to start the game all over again, just cause of those 2k orbs?? :(

fernoca said:
Hehe..yeah..just beat the game today and got that trophy. :p

Anyway....I ended 2k short to max Medusa's head, to get the "max all trophy"...do I need to start the game all over again, just cause of those 2k orbs?? :(

And the speed run trophy :)

Before you do, complete Challenge of The Gods for Dairy bastard costume.

Need help, go back a page where I posted tips.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/11/the-god-of-war-collection-sweepstakes/

In celebration of the recently released God of War Collection, and to show our continued support of true God of War fans, we’ve put together an incredible sweepstakes exclusively for the God of War Spartan Army. After all, it was the fans that convinced us to offer the God of War and God of War II experience in stunning HD on the PS3.

Now onto the prizes!

One Grand Prize: The Grand Prize winner will receive an autographed “Gold” disc (a first pressing of the game created when the assets were finalized and reached “Gold” status. These copies rarely reach the public.), exclusive artwork created and signed by a God of War team member, a Limited Edition Kratos T-shirt, and a never before released Limited Edition 10” Figurine!

4131581637_98c2613c8b.jpg

Five First Place Prizes: A copy of God of War Collection signed by the Development Team

4131577453_16e5e9d3ef.jpg

To enter the sweepstakes simply go to the ‘Sign Up’ page within www.godofwar.com and enter your email address and date of birth — that’s it! If you’re already a Spartan Army member, don’t worry, you’re already included in the sweepstakes. All we ask is that you’re over 18 and within the United States. Click here for sign up and rules on the sweepstakes.

Just be sure to enter it before December 11, 2009 at 11:59 p.m. We will announce the winners of the sweepstakes right here on the PlayStation Blog and www.godofwar.com on December 17, 2009!

Top Bottom