• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War Collection: |OT| Of It's Only Just The Beginning

krae_man

crispyben said:
Add me to the list. Bought the game from VG+ in Canada, so everything is bilingual. TRied to redeem the code on the US account I use to buy on the US PSN, and it says the code is invalid... I'll try to make a Canadian account, but it doesn't look like it'll be successful. Any update on this problem?

I redeemed mine fine, In a US account I created to share it.

PM me if you want the info.

snap0212

Fu** yeah, I finally beat the Challenge oft he Gods. Didn’t know you had to do it in one sitting so I just started (thinking I could go out with my girlfirend later). Took me about four hours and this was the first time every that I completely freaked out about a video game. I’ve never thrown a controller or anything but this time I went nuts… so I just punched the wall in my room (see picture). The 10th stage was pretty easy but some of the earlier ones (especially 8) were kicking my ass. Really looking forward to God of War 2…

2uo781e.jpg

timkunedo

If you have to do the challenge of the gods in one sitting i'm not even going to attempt a platinum. I read a guide that said it takes 3-6 hours. ugh..no thank you.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I can't get the spiked pillar trophy...I did the entire thing without getting hit and got no trophy :\

edit: turns out i had it all along

fuk mi

snap0212

timkunedo said:
If you have to do the challenge of the gods in one sitting i'm not even going to attempt a platinum. I read a guide that said it takes 3-6 hours. ugh..no thank you.
Well, you can get the trophy in about 30 minutes...

timkunedo

snap0212 said:
Well, you can get the trophy in about 30 minutes...

really???? Dang..i will give it a try after all. thanks :D
edit: wait....didn't it take you 4 hours?

Y2Kev said:
I can't get the spiked pillar trophy...I did the entire thing without getting hit and got no trophy :\

I got hit a BUNCH of times and still got the trophy. must be glitched?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
sloppyjoe_gamer said:
Wait a second....i thought you have to do all the challenge of the gods challenges in one life? How is this dude 'restarting from last checkpoint' and resuming on challenge 5 after he fails?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvTNxNva5xs

Is this only working since he has the old PS2 version?
You can die in Challenge in Gods and be fine, you just restart that level again.

Its not that hard. With help of youtube videos I did it in like 40minutes or so.

-viper-

Banned
Is it better to do the challenges before I complete the game, or after I complete the game? And are the challenges fixed to a single difficulty?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
-viper- said:
Is it better to do the challenges before I complete the game, or after I complete the game? And are the challenges fixed to a single difficulty?

I think u need to finish the game to unlock challenges.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
snap0212 said:
Fu** yeah, I finally beat the Challenge oft he Gods. Didn’t know you had to do it in one sitting so I just started (thinking I could go out with my girlfirend later). Took me about four hours and this was the first time every that I completely freaked out about a video game. I’ve never thrown a controller or anything but this time I went nuts… so I just punched the wall in my room (see picture). The 10th stage was pretty easy but some of the earlier ones (especially 8) were kicking my ass. Really looking forward to God of War 2…

What was your technique for #10?

Paznos

For Number 10 I kept doing L1 + X took several tries(40 or so lmao) but that's what I kept doing and finally passed it.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
sloppyjoe_gamer said:
What was your technique for #10?

do either [square] [hold square] or jump + R1 + Circle. You want to knock the enemies off rather than killing them. Use rage of the gods when the platform is near.

Paznos

snap0212 said:
This worked best for me. Beat it on my second try.
Yeah it worked best for me too but I kept getting knocked off the ledge and I guess that's because I wasn't in the middle of the platform.

Thrakier

timkunedo said:

It's no glitch. Think about it. How do you want to get up there without getting hit? You HAVE to do it without getting hit, so everyone gets this trophy once he's past that passage...

-viper-

Banned
Thrakier said:
It's no glitch. Think about it. How do you want to get up there without getting hit? You HAVE to do it without getting hit, so everyone gets this trophy once he's past that passage...
that makes sense.

no it doesn't

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
forgot how much I loved the God of War series. I'm only just now up to the Rooftops, but it feels like I'm playing the game new again. It's a series that fills the same space as Uncharted for me. I can just turn my brain off an play for hours.

tanod

when is my burrito
-viper- said:
that makes sense.

no it doesn't

If you get hit on the column, you fall down. If you make it to the top, it's because you climbed it without getting hit.

Make sense now?

Rez said:
forgot how much I loved the God of War series. I'm only just now up to the Rooftops, but it feels like I'm playing the game new again. It's a series that fills the same space as Uncharted for me. I can just turn my brain off an play for hours.

Well said. I'd put AC2, inFAMOUS and GT5: Prologue in that list as well.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Finished GoW1. Started GoW2 and realized GoW2 is so long and massive. Dunno if I want to do one after the other. Maybe I shall take a break.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
SUCCESS!!! :D

Completed the Challenge of the Gods tonite. Wasn't nearly as bad as i thought it would be. Just gotta beat the game under 5 hrs and ill get that trophy and my platinum.

Oddly enough Challenge 5 gave me a hard time. For whatever reason, everytime i would try to jump to one of the platformers, one of those pricks with the bow would shoot me midair and i would fall and die. Other than that one, no surprise that #10 gave me a little trouble. Was able to beat it with the L1 + X over and over. Probably took 20 tries or so though....:lol

Will start my 5 hr playthrough tomorrow with the dairy bastard costume so i'll have the infinite magic. Great stuff!!

When in March, exactly, do you think Sony will release GOW3? FF13 is out March 9. March 2 is also a Tuesday. There are three more Tuesday in March following the FF13 date. So, the week before? Surely not the same day... Though that would be one hell of a day for the PS3...

Toki767

RadarScope1 said:
When in March, exactly, do you think Sony will release GOW3? FF13 is out March 9. March 2 is also a Tuesday. There are three more Tuesday in March following the FF13 date. So, the week before? Surely not the same day... Though that would be one hell of a day for the PS3...
Release date is March 31.

Footos22

Collection finished! 2 Platinums! Im not even going to sell it because i know ill come back to it one day even though theres nothing else to do.

God of war 2's ending was more awesome then i could remember. So pumped for 3 now.
Only 3 more months.

Hope they managed 60 fps because after playing through these 2 then trying the demo again it feels completely different. Although it wont stop me buying it.

Back to Assasins Creed 2 now,Im only about halfway through Tuscany.
Nothing else touched my ps3 since this landed on my doormat though:lol

Majmun

Blablurn said:
woah, massive story spoiler.

i finished gow2 some years ago. but
i totally forgot that kratos is zeus' son :O

Yeah, I forgot that too. :lol Mind was blown again.

tzare

Blablurn said:
woah, massive story spoiler.

i finished gow2 some years ago. but
i totally forgot that kratos is zeus' son :O
i did not forget that, but i hadn't seen GOW treasures when i played the game on ps2, and one of them talks about
his brother being in hades and willing revenge , and another one talks about a new hero when in a 'future' when pandora's temple is found
. I wonder if that will be revealed in GOW3

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
okay, I need help. I can't remember how I did this the first time.

The Sacrifice bit in God 1, you know where I'm talking about. I just can't do it! Help me before I hurt someone or something. =p

LevityNYC

Banned
Strength kick the cage up the incline and onto the "safe" areas while fighting off enemies.

If you have the cage all the way to the fire and you can't do the sacrifice, it means there are still enemies left. Go back (without the cage) and kill all of them and you'll be able to do the sacrifice. (dumb, yes I know).

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
ohhh, can you kick the cage ONTO the safe areas? I thought they were ledges that stopped it from falling. man, thank you!

timkunedo said:

There is no way you are getting up the thing if you get hit. I think the idea of the trophy is to make it to the top. The wording of it makes it seem like you have to do it on the first try.

roxya

Rez said:
ohhh, can you kick the cage ONTO the safe areas? I thought they were ledges that stopped it from falling. man, thank you!

Eh, I don't think you can?

I just killed the stuff until there was a gap (they do give you deliberate gaps once you've killed enough), booted it up and pushed it the rest of the way. When you rest it on a ledge, don't push it all the way on, leave the front mostly out in the open so you can boot it again next time without moving it first.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I was trying to pull it around in front of the ledges, rather than pushing them over the top of them, thus making kicking nearly useless and in-turn making things needlessly frustrating. :)

Got my plat in GOW 2 over the weekend and 2hrs into my gow speed run and im about to fight the minotaur. making good time i think. im hoping i can do the speed run and get the max mp and max weapons trophy at the same time.

is there a guide that shows all feather locations, not just the 1st 18? i missed one and i need that last one so i can get the trophy :(

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
timkunedo said:

The fuck? i did it in 30 min. Challenge 8 is absolutely the worst, though.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
TONX said:
The fuck? i did it in 30 min. Challenge 8 is absolutely the worst, though.

Really? Took me only a few tries. Just jump and do the L1 + circle move whenever one of the medusas ARENT trying to turn you to Stone. Easy Peasy. The couple times i died was because foolishly jumped to do the move when a medusa was trying to turn me to stone. Once i figured that part out, did it the next try. Its kind of a long challenge, but easy once you do it correctly.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
bdizzle said:
is there a guide that shows all feather locations, not just the 1st 18? i missed one and i need that last one so i can get the trophy :(

there's actually way more than 18, i think 32. Once you get the first 18, the rest turn to red orb chests. Really all you need to do is look in spots that the camera is not looking and you should have no problem.

alr1ghtstart said:
there's actually way more than 18, i think 32. Once you get the first 18, the rest turn to red orb chests. Really all you need to do is look in spots that the camera is not looking and you should have no problem.

im nervous because i beat the game and saved with 1 feather short last time, and dont want to make the same mistake again :(

Beat God of War 1 last night, will probably dive into 2 tonight...looking forward to the visual splendor and epicness dialed up to 11.

Beat 'em ups aren't usually my thing, so although I had fun with GoW1, it didn't really impress me in any sense. Unless GoW2 is a significantly more fun game, I might trade in the disc after I beat it.

JWong

Banned
An update about the God of War 3 Demo codes.

They are working now. My code went through after stalking a thread on the God of War site.

http://forums.godofwar.com/t5/God-of-War-Collection/God-of-War-III-Demo-Help/td-p/15649/page/4

codes should be finally working i just typed my voucher i got from gamstop that didnt work b4 and its downloading now glad they fixed the problem!!!
Yay they work now!
yep - downloading here also. Glad Sony fixed it quickly. Go buy the collection

Dling the demo now. 8D

crispyben

JWong said:
An update about the God of War 3 Demo codes.

They are working now. My code went through after stalking a thread on the God of War site.
A nice GAFer lent me his code, so mine is unused but useless to me now. First person to PM me gets it, as long as they agree to make a dummy account for it and pass it around.

Just got my 2nd plat trophy :D can't wait til GOW 3 comes out. Haven't even played the 3rd and I'm already sure it's gonna be one of my fav Trilogies of all time

OK, I'm about 3 hours in and GoW2 is a billion times better than GoW1 in every area except the story.

The level design in particular is much more imaginative and interesting to trek through. And I <3 pegasus flying and the less intense button mashing required for successful QTEs.

I sorta wish the colossus fight was...different. It was epic, but not as visceral as I had hoped (especially compared to the hyrda fight at the beginning of GoW1). It looks absolutely amazing if you watch someone else play it though, fucking QTEs completely distract you from enjoying the moment while playing.

Top Bottom