• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

Chrono said:
Sorry for the bump but I really need help here, this has been driving me crazy.

I'm replaying the game, and reached the upper gardens but after fighting the two sartyrs the music is kind of weird, sounds kind of stuck, and when I depress the circular switch thing to get the green view the sounds of clanking don't stop, I don't remember this, I'm sure it's a track for only a few seconds. And after that there's a second cutscene with Hera that just never happens, and I'm stuck... I tried with two saves at that place and an auto one, and nothing helps. what the hell I'm not playing the whole damn game again. :(

Also, the game freezes when I choose to restart from latest check points, and when I shut down the PS3 from that point, it doesn't shut down properly and there are those two or three beeps. The game is screwing up my PS3. >_>

or your ps3 is screwed up? o_O

have you tried loading another game? Or loading another much earlier save and see how your console behaves then?

Chrono said:
Sorry for the bump but I really need help here, this has been driving me crazy.

I'm replaying the game, and reached the upper gardens but after fighting the two sartyrs the music is kind of weird, sounds kind of stuck, and when I depress the circular switch thing to get the green view the sounds of clanking don't stop, I don't remember this, I'm sure it's a track for only a few seconds. And after that there's a second cutscene with Hera that just never happens, and I'm stuck... I tried with two saves at that place and an auto one, and nothing helps. what the hell I'm not playing the whole damn game again. :(

Also, the game freezes when I choose to restart from latest check points, and when I shut down the PS3 from that point, it doesn't shut down properly and there are those two or three beeps. The game is screwing up my PS3. >_>

Clean the game disc?

Chrono

Banned
Well, uh, cleaning the disk did the trick. It's been in the PS3 for days, I didn't take it out or anything, guess it was dust from inside the system.

Anyway, thanks guys, I'm happy this is over, sorry for bumping the thread over this. :p

Just got to
Cronos which was an excellent (although very easy even on Titan) battle. Really loving the game still. Finally getting used to double-jumps too, they are a real bastard in this game!

Die Squirrel Die said:
Bare Hands - I'm shaking with rage, literally, at what a fucking piece of shit that challenge is. I got so close one time, had the 3 larger enemies killed, a few seconds on the clock and I thought all the smaller enemies were gone, but no one guy didn't even spawn in until there was a second left. What a load of piss.

Yea, this guy spawns last in the left hand corner. You have to make sure you run around to get him to spawn before those few seconds are up.

I finished mine with 8 seconds left. Never again.

Neiteio

Does anyone have a high-quality, high-definition screenshot of Poseidon in all his water-ensconced glory? I can find plenty of screens of the Leviathan, but none of Poseidon in water boss form. :-\

ZeroRay

Neiteio said:
Does anyone have a high-quality, high-definition screenshot of Poseidon in all his water-ensconced glory? I can find plenty of screens of the Leviathan, but none of Poseidon in water boss form. :-\

This thread probably does, many, many pages back.

Best I could find through Google:

t28F1.jpg

Zzoram

Just got the game new for $20 (thank you one-day Futureshop sale). I'm playing for the first time through on Titan and it's really hard. I just got to the gate of Olympia. I've died about 60 times so far. Hades took about 20 deaths to beat. Game looks good and is mostly fun. I'm struggling a lot on Titan though, maybe I should've started on Normal.

Any tips on how to kill all those soldiers guarding the gate to Olympia? I stopped playing after dying there a few times.

Zzoram said:
Just got the game new for $20 (thank you one-day Futureshop sale). I'm playing for the first time through on Titan and it's really hard. I just got to the gate of Olympia. I've died about 60 times so far. Hades took about 20 deaths to beat. Game looks good and is mostly fun. I'm struggling a lot on Titan though, maybe I should've started on Normal.

Any tips on how to kill all those soldiers guarding the gate to Olympia? I stopped playing after dying there a few times.

L1+X or L1+O. I spammed that so much on my Titan run through.

Well this I didn't know about- "Re-live the God of War® III experience like never before as you play as Kratos' brother Deimos. With enhanced combat damage and the ability to receive 4x the amount of Health, Magic and God Orbs, you are given the ultimate rage-fueled Spartan!"

Wonder if that'll help in Chaos mode! ;)

Zzoram

Square Triangle said:
Well this I didn't know about- "Re-live the God of War® III experience like never before as you play as Kratos' brother Deimos. With enhanced combat damage and the ability to receive 4x the amount of Health, Magic and God Orbs, you are given the ultimate rage-fueled Spartan!"

Wonder if that'll help in Chaos mode! ;)

What is that? Is it one of the godly possession cheat modes?

Zzoram

Patch 1.03 is out, fixes the challenge bug that lets you play with unlimited HP/MP. Kinda stupid that they fixed it this late, after anyone who was going to abuse it had already abused it.

Anyways, I just beat the Scorpion boss on Titan. How many hours are left?

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Zzoram said:
What is that? Is it one of the godly possession cheat modes?

No, I just think those are abilities that the are tied to the Deimos skin.

And the 1.03 patch fixed the infinite HP/MP trick? They certainly took their sweet time :lol

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Playing the game again with the Deimos skin and even though it just a skin, it looks incredible. I keep forgetting how awesome the graphics were in this game.

ZeroRay

SSM is working on whatever they're doing next and can't be bothered to work on GOW3 anymore.

Who knows, we might have a RE5 situation where we get DLC a year after release.

(._.)

Banned
Pop'd this in last night and went through all the video features. Forgot how good the documentaries for the GoW series are.

Is it me or does it seem like Sony just doesn't give a shit about DLC for their games other than PAIN and High Velocity Bowling?

Someone needs to send them a memo that 'dat shit sells'

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
BattleMonkey said:
How there is no DLC for this game is mind boggling. Their biggest game of the year and nothing

Well Sony did release all of the pre-order skins on PSN, yeah i know doesn't count. Too bad the Deimos skin is only available with ghost of sparta but understandable.

Sony should release a weapon DLC pack with all the weapons from the god of war series.

Square Triangle said:
Is it me or does it seem like Sony just doesn't give a shit about DLC for their games other than PAIN and High Velocity Bowling?

I haven't bought DLC for one game on any system but that would definitely change for GOW.

Square Triangle said:
Not even the Alan Wake episodes? The writer is great!

....ah shit. I forgot you got me :(

boredofcanada said:
fuck, reading this thread makes me want to play it again. such a masterpiece imo.

Still my GOTY not counting SC2(Which isn't a fair comparison to anything.)

Just wondering, is the dlc region locked? I have region 3 gow3 disc, but I bought ghost of sparta from us psn, wondering whether I can use deimos skin dlc or not

BruceLeeRoy said:
....ah shit. I forgot you got me :(

Still my GOTY not counting SC2(Which isn't a fair comparison to anything.)

=P.

God of War 3 is my GOTY as well, right next to Red Dead Redemption. Wish my PC would run SC2 the way it's meant to. =(

bumpkin

ACE 1991 said:
Yeah. I showed my friend the first 30 minutes last night. It blew his mind :lol
"ZEUS! Your son has returned... And I bring with me the destruction of Olympus!" :D

So good. I actually just finished Ghost of Sparta (which was awesome, BTW), and now I have the itch to replay 3.

Combichristoffersen

ZeroRay said:
SSM is working on whatever they're doing next and can't be bothered to work on GOW3 anymore.

Makes me so sad. I only want God of War from them, I'm not really interested in anything else they might make.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Combichristoffersen said:
Makes me so sad. I only want God of War from them, I'm not really interested in anything else they might make.

It's one thing to really love GOW and another (silly) thing to assume they could never make anything else as good or as appealing to you.

But still, what the hell are they working on? I would pay money for content for this game.

Square Triangle said:

Well, the DLC for PAIN and HVB probably has massive profit margins. Content for GOW (and other quality games) is probably expensive as shit to make.

Combichristoffersen

hey_it's_that_dog said:
It's one thing to really love GOW and another (silly) thing to assume they could never make anything else as good or as appealing to you.

But still, what the hell are they working on? I would pay money for content for this game.

I'm not saying they couldn't make anything as good as the GoW series, but I'm a GoW fan, not a Sony Santa Monica fan, so I'm not really all that interested in their games if they aren't tied to the GoW franchise.

rvy

Banned
MoonsaultSlayer said:
I lent out my copy so I can't check if my skins loaded but did you update? Maybe they're tied in with the update....?
I did, actually. Re-downloaded them now.

rvy said:
I did, actually. Re-downloaded them now.

dlc are region specific, maybe that could be the problem. I have region 3 disc, and when I bought Ghost of Sparta from US store, I can't use the deimos skin. after that, I decided to buy God of War 3 skin pack from Asia store and it show up just fine.

I wish they'd make the PSP games playable on PS3. I have a PSP, I just find that I'm not much for portable gaming and would love to just play the whole GOW series via big screen with my dual shock 3.

neojubei said:
Playing the game again with the Deimos skin and even though it just a skin, it looks incredible. I keep forgetting how awesome the graphics were in this game.

does it mess up trophys? or can you use it on the hardest difficulty?

rvy

Banned
Callibretto said:
dlc are region specific, maybe that could be the problem. I have region 3 disc, and when I bought Ghost of Sparta from US store, I can't use the deimos skin. after that, I decided to buy God of War 3 skin pack from Asia store and it show up just fine.
I own the PAL version of the game and bought the skins on the European Store. They still don't show up. I loaned my PS3 to a friend, so I'm not sure if he fucked around with my save, but I doubt that would have any influence over this. And the Fear Kratos costume is available.

rvy

Banned
Deleted every update and saved data from my PS3, re-downloaded everything again and still nothing, except now I can't even access the costumes in the bonus sections. Fuck my life.

BeeDog

rvy said:
Deleted every update and saved data from my PS3, re-downloaded everything again and still nothing, except now I can't even access the costumes in the bonus sections. Fuck my life.

Well, re-download them from your history list.

neojubei said:

I started re-playing with the Morpheus armor--I don't know if they did any optimization or if its just my memory, but it looks smoother in spots, and seems faster.

And uh, a certain "trick" no longer works.

Top Bottom