• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

Eccocid

Playing it normal. Street fighting with Zeus is difficult bohoho.
I can get to 2nd round but he fucks me over and over. He is so fast and keeps screwing me when i get close combat!

ZeroRay

Eccocid said:
Playing it normal. Street fighting with Zeus is difficult bohoho.
I can get to 2nd round but he fucks me over and over. He is so fast and keeps screwing me when i get close combat!

You can block most of his attacks. Just make sure you get out of the way when he goes for the third hit on his punching combo.

On another note, just played the opening sequence for the first time in almost two months. WOW...AGAIN!

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
-viper- said:
So... is this game going to receive any DLC?

I really hope so... but I feel it's unlikely or they would at least have alluded to it by now :(.

abload4ak1.jpg

jergrah

Anyone see this God of War as an Indie Movie Trailer? Im typically not a fan of this type of fan made made stuff -- but I have to admit, this is really well put together.

Link

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
just beat the game - i loved the brutality of it all... but it was a little bit short, i think that gowII was longer?!?

one question, how many costumes can be optained in the game, and what do i have to do? thx

edit: wait: all but one costumes are preorder??? wtf. and it seems i cant start a new game with all my stuff (game+) ... well thats a downer

DasRaven

It is a mystery why the other costumes and combat arena haven't come out as DLC yet. I'm with you there.

If you collected the godly possessions, you'd have little need for anything upgraded.

Minamu

sankt-Antonio said:
wtf. and it seems i cant start a new game with all my stuff (game+) ... well thats a downer
There's a glitch out there that lets you do just that. It'll automatically give you a couple (?) of trophies too unless you already have them.

jergrah said:
Anyone see this God of War as an Indie Movie Trailer? Im typically not a fan of this type of fan made made stuff -- but I have to admit, this is really well put together.

Link

Yeah, that really captures the formula...could have had a few more allusions to the actual series however...bit more angst maybe

carlosp

Banned
Combichristoffersen said:
It's been four months with no word.. so probably not :( Which kind of sucks.

they could have easily sell 500k DLC if they had release any new side story campaign or something similar to that. Such a shame.

lamotia

carlosp said:
they could have easily sell 500k DLC if they had release any new side story campaign or something similar to that. Such a shame.

I just want them to release the missing titans as a DLC. I want to kill Volcano so bad. It was my dream since the demo got released. In the game itself you only need to press R1 and... nothing happens. WTF?

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
carlosp said:

Indeed. I wish they would at least put up that epilogue the didn't get the time to include in the game, but nooooo.

Massa

Indeed. I wish they would at least put up that epilogue the didn't get the time to include in the game, but nooooo.

I think they're going to save that for God of War 4.

I've been really enjoying the boss fights so far. Just beat
Chronos
and the scale was just unbelievable. Each boss fight kinda becomes my favorite. They're just so crazy brutal.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to put a fucking musical quick-time event in this game. I only put up with that shit because they make it cool visually. Here it's hit 25 buttons perfectly with nothing cool to look at. Fucking moronic design decision.

Combichristoffersen

Stallion Free said:
Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to put a fucking musical quick-time event in this game. I only put up with that shit because they make it cool visually. Here it's hit 25 buttons perfectly with nothing cool to look at. Fucking moronic design decision.

It's not like it was any challenge though. That 'puzzle' was easy as shit
and I really liked it simply because it was such a WTF moment

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
It's not like it was any challenge though. That 'puzzle' was easy as shit
and I really liked it simply because it was such a WTF moment
I'm not good at motherfucking QTEs so the fact that I have to hit so many buttons in a row means that I still haven't been able to complete it in 30+ tries.

Combichristoffersen

Stallion Free said:
I'm not good at motherfucking QTEs so the fact that I have to hit so many buttons in a row means that I still haven't been able to complete it in 30+ tries.

You never played Guitar Hero? It's essentially the same thing, really

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
You never played Guitar Hero? It's essentially the same thing, really
I suck at Guitar Hero as well. If I wanted Guitar Hero I would have bought Guitar Hero. It doesn't help that have Playstation buttons in the middle of Greek mythology looks pretty stupid too.

Also, do you play Guitar Hero on a controller?

outsidah

Is it just me or does this game make your PS3 go into turbo fan mode? My 40GB PS3 has always been pretty much quiet, but now that I'm getting into GOW3 it gets SO damn loud.

Combichristoffersen

Stallion Free said:
Also, do you play Guitar Hero on a controller?

I never bothered buying GH, and my sister only had one guitar, so whenever we played against each other, I played it on a controller, yeah.

feel

I stopped playing for about a week and now I don't remember what my goal was, and I hate just advancing for the sake of it without knowing what I'm supposed to be heading towards, can anyone help?

(only highlight if you've completed the game, obviously)
The part after Kratos bangs Aphrodite, he walks through that portal, and meets Hephaestus again. I saved right after this cutscene and now I don't remember what he said to me, and I'm walking through the next area without a clue of what my motivations are, and that sucks.

VV THANKS!

Letters said:
The part after Kratos bangs Aphrodite, he walks through that portal, and meets Hephaestus again. I saved right after this cutscene and now I don't remember what he said to me, and I'm walking through the next area without a clue of what my motivations are, and that sucks.

You need to find an object that he'll use to build the last weapon you'll get. And it'll be intense.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
outsidah said:
Is it just me or does this game make your PS3 go into turbo fan mode? My 40GB PS3 has always been pretty much quiet, but now that I'm getting into GOW3 it gets SO damn loud.

Not just you. My 60GB would kick up the fans during this game and Uncharted 2 more than for most other games. I also happened to be playing GOW3 when my PS3 YLOD'd. Not trying to scare you, but make sure your vents are clear! :)

Gotta say the lack of post-launch support for this game is surprising and disappointing.

Just got Platinum bitches.

Fuck yeah.

But seriously, two of those Challenges of Olympus are a fucking joke and you can only get them through luck.

The grab one - I only got because the Cyclops charged me and ran of the edge. So killing the rest was easy.

Stoned - Again, sheer luck I got his on my 11th or 12th try. Simply because I happened to be in the right spot at the right time. Almost no skill involved in those.

Fuck me. That's a true platinum earned that one.

first to PM me will receive a code to download the Unearthing the Legend Documentary.

Fifth to PM me will receive a code to download the Challenge of Exile Arena and Dominus Skin

RavenFox

Banned
2 Minutes Turkish said:

Fuck yeah.

But seriously, two of those Challenges of Olympus are a fucking joke and you can only get them through luck.

The grab one - I only got because the Cyclops charged me and ran of the edge. So killing the rest was easy.

Stoned - Again, sheer luck I got his on my 11th or 12th try. Simply because I happened to be in the right spot at the right time. Almost no skill involved in those.

Well done.

jett

D-Member
DasRaven said:
It is a mystery why the other costumes and combat arena haven't come out as DLC yet. I'm with you there.

Next month, maybe. That kind of pre-order DLC seems to have a 6-month exclusivity window. If we don't see those costumes in September we are never going to see them.

2 Minutes Turkish said:

Fuck yeah.

No Hands was the worst for me. The rest weren't that bad, but that mechanic is lawlawlawl when you auto-grab the strongest enemy.

DasRaven

jett said:
Next month, maybe. That kind of pre-order DLC seems to have a 6-month exclusivity window. If we don't see those costumes in September we are never going to see them.

That's about all the time they have for me. I'll be picking up Move and some older games in Mid-Sept (RDR, Blur), so if there's no word then, I'll be trading in GoW3.

2 Minutes Turkish said:

Fuck yeah.

I know what you mean about needing luck over skill. I got lucky with that grab one because I pushed some of them off the edge. It didn't work all the time. And the one where multiple cyclops clone? Same thing. I just kept performing one combo over and over which stopped them in their tracks mid-move and made them retreat a bit until they walked off. And the one where they charge you, you just jump at the ledge and they fall off. No skill at all.

Although, that stoned one is made easier if you let them stone you quickly by pressing a wrong qte button making you insta-stoned. I didn't even bother fighting any of the creatures.

Kittonwy

Banned
corrosivefrost said:
I wonder if we'll ever see the rumoured DLC of what they cut from the game... It's been 6 months now, I wish they'd do *something*.

They needed to strike the iron while it's hot, it's kind of late now.

Bare Hands - I'm shaking with rage, literally, at what a fucking piece of shit that challenge is. I got so close one time, had the 3 larger enemies killed, a few seconds on the clock and I thought all the smaller enemies were gone, but no one guy didn't even spawn in until there was a second left. What a load of piss.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Yeah it's crazy Sony hasnt put more value towards GOW3. DLC would be great. Such a huge release and Sony just moved on it seems.

Madman

Die Squirrel Die said:
Bare Hands - I'm shaking with rage, literally, at what a fucking piece of shit that challenge is. I got so close one time, had the 3 larger enemies killed, a few seconds on the clock and I thought all the smaller enemies were gone, but no one guy didn't even spawn in until there was a second left. What a load of piss.
Pretty sure they spawn that guy on the opposite side of where you are. Not positive, didn't bother beating it again after the first time.

Chrono

Banned
Sorry for the bump but I really need help here, this has been driving me crazy.

I'm replaying the game, and reached the upper gardens but after fighting the two sartyrs the music is kind of weird, sounds kind of stuck, and when I depress the circular switch thing to get the green view the sounds of clanking don't stop, I don't remember this, I'm sure it's a track for only a few seconds. And after that there's a second cutscene with Hera that just never happens, and I'm stuck... I tried with two saves at that place and an auto one, and nothing helps. what the hell I'm not playing the whole damn game again. :(

Also, the game freezes when I choose to restart from latest check points, and when I shut down the PS3 from that point, it doesn't shut down properly and there are those two or three beeps. The game is screwing up my PS3. >_>

Top Bottom