• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Ragnarök PC - DF Tech Review - PC vs PS5 - Optimised Settings

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
You Dont Say Angelina Jolie GIF

Not sure if that option below controller options affects mouse as I never tried with it enabled, but if it affects, my mistake, maybe I was remembering some other game. (HZD, HFW, Days Gone, or GoW).

Zathalus

I see the latest patch mentioned the volumetrics issue with the fog has been fixed. With the tesselation and loading fixes from the previous patches I believe the only missing graphical effect are the RT cube maps. I wonder if those will get added.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
I see the latest patch mentioned the volumetrics issue with the fog has been fixed. With the tesselation and loading fixes from the previous patches I believe the only missing graphical effect are the RT cube maps. I wonder if those will get added.
Was just about to post this.

Screenshot-2024-10-04-160107.png

Makes me wonder if they couldn't have used another method to add rt reflections instead of using that unusual method SSM employed.

yamaci17

no zen 2 fix? damn. I wonder how hard it is to fix and will it become a trend going forward for other games? if so, it will invalidate using zen 2 cpu on desktop to measure ps5's cpu's performance like I've told many times in past

it's really interesting that ps5 technically has the exact same ccx stuff, even with less cache, yet optimizations somehow does not translate and game probably incurs the ccx performance penalty all the time

Last edited:

Rubim

Doing the same goddamn thing on a KBR requires five fingers on the keyboard plus the whole left hand on the mouse at the same time..
It can't require 5 fingers btw.
You can't press all movement keys at same time and i dont even know exactly what that even means.

You're mostly using 1 or 2 fingers for movement, your camera use the palm of your hand trough. It does not use the "whole" left handed, that's absurd.

You can move your mouse and press the mouse buttons interdependently. That's true specially if you use a mmo mouse.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
In reality, lots of PC ports are flawed.

CmAxMkR.gif

GPYraKB.gif

Kgi2Zid.gif
It's a mixed bag though. That spiderman shot without knowing which was supposed to be the 'good' one, I thought it was posting out how they messed up the water on the PC version, but you consider the version with the non-existant water and vanishing car reflection the good one. The second, the shadow is obvious on the right when compared side by side, but the details on the character models and shadows on the left handside are better on PC.
In the third what is even casting that shadow on the floor in the PS version?
Overall the only way you get a definitive version in those ones is that you started with the PS version as the definitive one and then went looking for where the port diverged.
Things like clipping clothes are the obvious flaws that are the lack of care in a port - or in the Last of Us where I saw multiple instances of bright lines where geometry had gaps in buildings.

Vick

Gold Member
It's a mixed bag though. That spiderman shot without knowing which was supposed to be the 'good' one, I thought it was posting out how they messed up the water on the PC version, but you consider the version with the non-existant water and vanishing car reflection the good one.
Original Spider-Man didn't use the RT reflections you see on the right.

The second, the shadow is obvious on the right when compared side by side, but the details on the character models and shadows on the left handside are better on PC.
Absolutely not. In fact there's whole shader layers missing on Drake's shirt, same goes for Elena's hair, and every foliage. I can post examples for each of those issue if you like.
That comparison was created via compressed material, cropped and matched together and put into Gif format. It could not and never was intended to show anything other than the missing shadow.

In the third what is even casting that shadow on the floor in the PS version?
That shadow is cast by a curtain.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Original Spider-Man didn't use the RT reflections you see on the right.
That's the point though. You look at that gif and see the shadow pop-in but I see missing reflections on the right, and reflections disappearing as the character moves and rotates.

Top Bottom