• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Ragnarök PC - DF Tech Review - PC vs PS5 - Optimised Settings

angrod14

• PS5 Quality Mode and PC's Ultra are a visual match with DLAA obviously providing better image quality
  • PC has some missing effects such as the fog in the dream sequence with Faye
  • Cube maps tracing on PS5's Quality Mode missing on PC entirely (devs mentioned they wish to add this later)
  • Effects works missing on PC in the Realm between Realms (such as the garbled haze)
  • Textures on High/Ultra look the same but Ultra reserves a larger cache. Even Medium textures look alright
  • Portal transitions on PC take a bit to load details, resulting in pop-ins that don't even happen on the PS4 version. Likely a bug
  • Tessellation in the Realm between Realms still tanks performance but not as badly as before. The ground deformation fades in and out of existence now, unlike with consoles where it is stable. It only happens there. Otherwise, the performance impact in the rest of the game is negligible
  • Upscaling solutions have problems with water reflections, they're all very flickery except for XeSS that resolves them with no issues
  • An audio bug sometimes causes the audio on PC to be muffled
  • Game needs more polish in some ways as highlighted above. The PS5's Quality Mode is superior in terms of graphics settings
Damn, PS5 = BEAST confirmed.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Well you are certainly entitled to your opinion I'd say hellblade 2 and cyberpunk 2.0 are comparable to GOW R nothing else even close Flight sim maybe but that's a wild comparison
Oh... wow... WTF? Man, it's just a PS4 game with good IQ on PS5, there are last gen games that look way better than it imo, like Control, Death Stranding and Final Fantasy XV (hell, this one is still to be surpassed). We know you like it THAT much, but nope, it's not the best looking game ever, it's just a good looking game, that's it.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Correct on flight sim I was thinking of Series S which I played it on before I got my Series x lol your opinion on God of Wars graphics are laughable..but again you are entitled to your opinion
jI3lP30.jpeg
uZEEefe.jpeg
Yeah, that's exactly a good looking PS4 game with good IQ like all PC gamers have been playing on PC for a while now... Really, I want to see what you see because it looks good but nothing "industry rumbling" or something that we haven't seen on PC even before PS5 was a thing.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Most games play better on PS5.
I dont need to list them because its obvious.

Do your own research pal.
Only one game and that one is one of the worst PC ports ever released: TLOU. And yet you can brute force it and make it run way better than how the Pro Will run it, it's just horribly optimized (way better looking games run way better than it does, for example).

Everything else run equal or better on a PC with similar GPU than PS5 even if just because the PC doesn't have CPU bottlenecks than consoles (low end PC CPUs are better, but people use mid range which are cheap and run rounds and laps around consoles ones)

Zathalus

Most games play better on PS5.
I dont need to list them because its obvious.

Do your own research pal.
Well just listing Sony ports, the only one that is currently better on PS5 is this very game, and it’s already getting the issues fixed via patches. TLOU was worse on launch, but now offers a superior experience on PC.

So none of the other Sony ports are better on PS5. All of the UE5 titles (Black Myth) are better on PC, all of the best looking games like Alan Wake 2, Cyberpunk 2077, and Avatar to name some examples are better on PC.

What’s left? Jedi Survivor at launch?

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Only one game and that one is one of the worst PC ports ever released: TLOU. And yet you can brute force it and make it run way better than how the Pro Will run it, it's just horribly optimized (way better looking games run way better than it does, for example).

Everything else run equal or better on a PC with similar GPU than PS5 even if just because the PC doesn't have CPU bottlenecks than consoles (low end PC CPUs are better, but people use mid range which are cheap and run rounds and laps around consoles ones)
And it’s not TLOU runs poorly like say Jedi Survivor with stutters or massive random spikes. It runs smoothly. The problem is you need hardware much more powerful than what is customary to run it at PS5-equivalent settings. Something like a 2080 Ti to 3070 Ti. And you can use DLSS to even the playing fields anyway.

Last edited:

Vick

Gold Member
Sad to see this Thread has turned into puerile warring..

Well just listing Sony ports, the only one that is currently better on PS5 is this very game, and it’s already getting the issues fixed via patches. TLOU was worse on launch, but now offers a superior experience on PC.
In reality, lots of PC ports are flawed. Those I would say, without conducting extensive comparisons however, are entirely better than any version on PS are Horizon, God of War, Returnal, Miles Morales and Ratchet & Clank.

The first Spider-Man is certainly compromised in countless ways, not just visually with worse geometry at times, missing shadows, worse water rendering, missing shaders, and especially artistically with entirely different characters, lighting and shaders a rushed port by a small team could never fully improve over years-in-the-making and meticulously crafted visuals, but also inferior technically in some ways. For instance, shadows would appear much later on PC compared to PS4 version in many occasions, like building on the left in this example:

CmAxMkR.gif

It does feature RT, even though cubemaps of the OG during normal gameplay do their job perfectly still, and does look and run better than the PS5 version which shares all of those issues, but it would be way too hard to accept the many compromises before declaring it as objectively the better version. To me, the best way to play the first Spider-Man is still the original version PS4 Pro version on a modded PS5 at 60fps:

uaUBA6a.gif

oT0h8oj.gif

Uncharted games are similarly full of downgrades on PC compared to the originals, from subtle stuff like reduced bounce light from dynamic GI:

5J3gW63.gif

6EqguyI.gif

qArok0O.gif

MJ0zkKr.gif

p9HJyjb.gif

To countless others, like missing shaders:

yevlf8y.gif

Missing reflections:

AReXoSE.gif

Missing shadows:

cvOVtOi.gif

JOQkL6E.gif

UmWRfGk.gif

GPYraKB.gif

Kgi2Zid.gif

JbbfZr0.gif

Broken/missing VFX:

4zk9qSv.gif

Prologue
QlUXbpr.gif

Chapter 12
6jlf79n.gif

ZHYyDVc.gif

Worse vegetation shading:

quKIVJK.gif

And visual glitches like clipping clothes:

Y8zMvsW.gif

And these are just some of the more than 400 visual issues found in the port.

Best way to play these games is unquestionably the original version on a modded PS5 at 60fps.

PC version also features worse draw distance than PS5:

emy4bRc.png

And other little compromises found by Nick:

While offering virtually no single improvement over it aside from higher resolution than its native 1440p in 60fps Mode.

TLOU was worse on launch, but now offers a superior experience on PC.
This is, sadly, absolutely and completely incorrect and not only from a visual perspective.

lmao, no, GOWR is not comparable to Alan Wake 2. It's a PS4 game in damn near every aspect. It still looks very good but does not belong in the conversation among top-tier games. The PS5 version doesn't do enough over the PS4 version to deserve to be in this discussion.
I certainly agree about Ragnarok not being comparable to Alan Wake 2 technically, nor about the game being better looking than many current gen only titles, even AA like Plague Tale. But not because it's a PS4 game as many of the games you mentioned before also run on PS4.

Let's not forget this is also Alan Wake 2 maxed out:

C3mBNcb.jpg

Compared to basically a PS4 game running at native 1440p and 60fps on console:

IdfwdVP.png

Last edited:

Bojji

In reality, lots of PC ports are flawed. Those I would say, without conducting extensive comparisons however, are entirely better than any version on PS are Horizon, God of War, Returnal, Miles Morales and Ratchet & Clank.

The first Spider-Man is certainly compromised in countless ways, not just visually with worse geometry at times, missing shadows, worse water rendering, missing shaders, and especially artistically with entirely different characters, lighting and shaders a rushed port by a small team could never fully improve over years-in-the-making and meticulously crafted visuals, but also inferior technically in some ways. For instance, shadows would appear much later on PC compared to PS4 version in many occasions, like building on the left in this example:

CmAxMkR.gif

It does feature RT, even though cubemaps of the OG during normal gameplay do their job perfectly still, and does look and run better than the PS5 version which shares all of those issues, but it would be way too hard to accept the many compromises before declaring it as objectively the better version. To me, the best way to play the first Spider-Man is still the original version PS4 Pro version on a modded PS5 at 60fps:

uaUBA6a.gif

oT0h8oj.gif

Uncharted games are similarly full of downgrades on PC compared to the originals, from subtle stuff like reduced bounce light from dynamic GI:

5J3gW63.gif

6EqguyI.gif

qArok0O.gif

MJ0zkKr.gif

p9HJyjb.gif

VfzMY2q.gif

s4ZqXNP.gif

rMBJgIF.gif

Missing reflections:

llxAfuY.gif

AReXoSE.gif

Missing shadows:

cvOVtOi.gif

JOQkL6E.gif

UmWRfGk.gif

GPYraKB.gif

Kgi2Zid.gif

JbbfZr0.gif

Broken/missing VFX:

4zk9qSv.gif

tAZTkQS.gif

Prologue
QlUXbpr.gif

Chapter 12
6jlf79n.gif

ZHYyDVc.gif

quKIVJK.gif

Y8zMvsW.gif

Best way to play these games is unquestionably the original version on a modded PS5 at 60fps.

emy4bRc.png

While offering virtually no single improvement over it aside from higher resolution than its native 1440p in 60fps Mode.

This is, sadly, absolutely and completely incorrect and not only from a visual perspective.

I certainly agree about Ragnarok not being comparable to Alan Wake 2 technically, nor about the game being better looking than many current gen only titles, even AA like Plague Tale. But not because it's a PS4 game as many of the games you mentioned before also run on PS4.

C3mBNcb.jpg

IdfwdVP.png

How much of all this is still there in final patched version of uncharted? There is no technical reason for any game to have worse effects on PC other than developers doing a bad job with the port (and Sony devs did that many times already).

Gaiff

Are those comparisons mostly the latest patches? Because all those visual quirks, bugs, and downgrades tend to get patched out. For instance, the texture issue in Ragnarok has been patched and Jetpack also said they want to include the ray-traced cubemap reflections in the future. Now, whether they do this or not is up in the air. I often see random patches for these games that address such issues.

For instance, this a patch from November 2022 for Spider-Man.

aM2hyI7.png

"Addressed visual bugs with shadows and sunlight that could occur with certain AMD Radeon GPUs." It could address the shadow bugs in your captures, but I don't know if it did. Or how the tessellation performance bug only affects NVIDIA GPUs. GOWR came out less than 2 weeks ago and already had 4 patches and a hotfix. There's still more work to be done.

Last edited:

Vick

Gold Member
How much of all this is still there in final patched version of uncharted?
Most of them, as far as I know.

Draw distance being inferior to PS5 could be addressed (and improved upon) by modifying the game enabling extreme settings, countless others are unfortunately ingrained in the port.

But I wasn't aware they actually fixed Nadine hair, I just noticed this and that's fucking great as it was basically the most annoying downgrade personally! Going to remove those pics as they are outdated.

Actually, now that I see that being fixed I am going over the others to see what have been addressed.

There is no technical reason for any game to have worse effects on PC other than developers doing a bad job with the port (and Sony devs did that many times already).
There is not, indeed.

Problem with these ports, just like many Remasters, is due to rushed jobs.

Are those comparisons mostly the latest patches? Because all those visual quirks, bugs, and downgrades tend to get patched out. For instance, the texture issue in Ragnarok has been patched and Jetpack also said they want to include the ray-traced cubemap reflections in the future. Now, whether they do this or not is up in the air. I often see random patches for these games that address such issues.
Actually I just noticed they finally fixed some of them with Uncharted, give a bit of time to check and I'll only leave the GIFs not outdated yet.

Last edited:

Vick

Gold Member
Are those comparisons mostly the latest patches? Because all those visual quirks, bugs, and downgrades tend to get patched out.
I am going through some of those changes, and while certain ones like Nadine haird have been sort of fixed (there's still something wrong with her hairline layer), others appear to have been "addressed" in a butcher-kind-of-way. For instance this issue:

tAZTkQS.gif

Now looks like this:

yevlf8y.gif

But another, like the reflection missing in Chapter 21, has been fully addressed. Going to check the rest.

TLOU still have lower input lag, better IQ, mouse+kb, ultrawide so no, PC still plays better.
TLOU playing better with MKB.. only someone who never got a hold of a controller in his life, like my father, or a physically impaired person could say this.

Biggest reason the games are so regarded despite their linearity is both how responsive and immersive they are.. how smoothly you move the characters iteracting with the enviroments.

This feels gets destroyed by substituting analog stick with keyboard keys. Imagine the visual feedback of doing this with KBM:

Or this:

Or even this:

Last edited:

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
I am going though some of those changes, and while certain ones like Nadine haird have been sort of fixed (there is still something wrong with the layer covering her hairline), other appear to have been "addressed" in a butcher-kind-of-way. For instance this issue:

tAZTkQS.gif

Now looks like this:

yevlf8y.gif

But another, like the reflection missing in Chapter 21, has been fully addressed. Going to check the rest.

TLOU playing better with MKB.. only someone who never got a hold of a controller in his life, like my father, or a physically impaired person could say this.

Biggest reason the games are so regarded despite their linearity is both how responsive and immersive they are.. how smoothly you move the characters iteracting with the enviroments.

This feels gets destroyed by substituting analog stick with keyboard keys. Imagine the visual feedback of doing this with KBM:

Or this:

Or even this:

That is not TLOU and it would be the same visual feedback. Tell me you are ignorant or bad with mouse+kb without telling me.

Gaiff

I am going though some of those changes, and while certain ones like Nadine haird have been sort of fixed (there is still something wrong with the layer covering her hairline), other appear to have been "addressed" in a butcher-kind-of-way. For instance this issue:

tAZTkQS.gif

Now looks like this:

yevlf8y.gif
The reflections cannot be bugged if there are no reflections. *taps forehead*
Returnal if you wanna call it AAA.
I consider it AA. It sold something like 500K in the first month and Sony was happy with the results. Budget was probably nowhere near the average AAA game.

Last edited:

Vick

Gold Member
The reflections cannot be bugged if there are no reflections. *taps forehead*
Yeah.. but I'm hopeful for other changes. I was entirely disillusioned with the Uncharted ports but now, for the first time, not nearly as much. Gonna keep checking.

That is not TLOU and it would be the same visual feedback. Tell me you are ignorant or bad with mouse+kb without telling me.
Pressing four separate keys to make your character crawl into tight spaces and do gradual 180° while going crouch while turning the camera gives the same visual feedback as doing the same with an analog stick?

Okay.

The Blacklist GIF by NBC

Guess all those PC folks buying and installing DualSense and the other countless PC controllers are retards.

Last edited:

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Yeah.. but I'm hopeful for other changes. I was entirely disilluded with the Uncharted ports, but now not nearly as much. Gonna keep checking.

Pressing four separate keys to make your character crawl into tight spaces and do gradual 180° while going crouch while turning the camera gives the same visual feedback as doing the same with an analog stick?

Okay.

The Blacklist GIF by NBC
Four separate keys? It's 8 when you combine keys and the camera is controlled with the mouse. Did you never really touch m+kb gameplay?

Vick

Gold Member
Four separate keys? It's 8 when you combine keys and the camera is controlled with the mouse. Did you never really touch m+kb gameplay?
You would have to pay me to play a modern third person game like TLOU with a KBM..
Unless there's a lot of shooting and controls are tank-like ala Gears or RE4 maybe.

Mouse controlling the camera is part of point, using two fingers to perform all those actions VS two whole hands entirely occupied for doing the same.
Same visual feedback obviously.. but I guess, once again, the millions of PC only players purchasing and installing controllers are retards.

Last edited:

Vick

Gold Member
There's no way they're going to charge you for an upgrade...
Wouldn't that be hilarious?

Nah, they only charge $10 to upgrade to full Remastered versions. So unless there's Remaster of Ragnarok coming, and you never know with Sony lol, the Pro upgrade would be free.

Gaiff Gaiff
Every single instance posted of Uncharted 4 entirely missing shadows is still present on PC max settings.. fucking Iron Galaxy man.
And those were just a few of many, many others in the game.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
You would have to pay me to play a modern third person game like TLOU with a KBM..
Unless there's a lot of shooting and controls are tank-like ala Gears or RE4 maybe.

Mouse controlling the camera is part of point, using two fingers to perform all those actions VS two whole hands entirely occupied for doing the same.
Same visual feedback obviously.. but I guess, once again, the millions of PC only players purchasing and installing controllers are retards.
Two fingers vs two whole hands??? Lord Gabe. WTF??? You use the 5 fingers of the kb hand and can use up to 4 or even 5 fingers on mouse hand.

Zathalus

CmAxMkR.gif

uaUBA6a.gif

oT0h8oj.gif

5J3gW63.gif

6EqguyI.gif

qArok0O.gif

MJ0zkKr.gif

p9HJyjb.gif

VfzMY2q.gif

s4ZqXNP.gif

rMBJgIF.gif

Missing reflections:

llxAfuY.gif

AReXoSE.gif

Missing shadows:

cvOVtOi.gif

JOQkL6E.gif

UmWRfGk.gif

GPYraKB.gif

Kgi2Zid.gif

JbbfZr0.gif

Broken/missing VFX:

4zk9qSv.gif

tAZTkQS.gif

Prologue
QlUXbpr.gif

Chapter 12
6jlf79n.gif

ZHYyDVc.gif

quKIVJK.gif

Y8zMvsW.gif

emy4bRc.png

C3mBNcb.jpg

IdfwdVP.png

I’d think DLSS/DLAA, higher resolutions, and higher FPS to be factors to consider. Especially some of those Uncharted comparison shots. Quite a number of these issues have been fixed in patches although probably not all. Same goes with Spider-Man.

Certainly the key to these Sony ports is to wait until a few patches have fixed things up.

Gaiff

Wouldn't that be hilarious?

Nah, they only charge $10 to upgrade to full Remastered versions. So unless there's Remaster of Ragnarok coming, and you never know with Sony lol, the Pro upgrade would be free.

Gaiff Gaiff
Every single instance posted of Uncharted 4 entirely missing shadows is still present on PC max settings.. fucking Iron Galaxy man.
And those were just a few of many, many others in the game.
I guess this is the danger of attempting a 1:1 conversion instead of upgrading it. You either end up with something identical at best or something worse if it bugs out, which happens a lot. Some of those ports are really unremarkable. You’d think after 2 years, they would put some effort into the PC versions, but you end up getting an inferior visual experience in a few cases. Yet they still ask close to or full price.

At least, they got DLSS, Reflex, Frame Generation, and Ultrawide support. This makes up for the shortcomings, but there’s no reason not to also have better visuals.

Bojji

I guess this is the danger of attempting a 1:1 conversion instead of upgrading it. You either end up with something identical at best or something worse if it bugs out, which happens a lot. Some of those ports are really unremarkable. You’d think after 2 years, they would put some effort into the PC versions, but you end up getting an inferior visual experience in a few cases. Yet they still ask close to or full price.

At least, they got DLSS, Reflex, Frame Generation, and Ultrawide support. This makes up for the shortcomings, but there’s no reason not to also have better visuals.

I get that they could fuck up first conversion of console centric engines to PC but for TLoU and GOWR it was the second time...

Vick

Gold Member
I’d think DLSS/DLAA, higher resolutions, and higher FPS to be factors to consider. Especially some of those Uncharted comparison shots. Quite a number of these issues have been fixed in patches although probably not all. Same goes with Spider-Man.

Certainly the key to these Sony ports is to wait until a few patches have fixed things up.
None of those Uncharted comparison shots are caused by those factors, sadly. Fault is all on ND and Iron Galaxy.

I just checked all the remaining GIFs present in the post by the way (an extremely small sample of more than 400 comparison shots) every one of those issues is still present.

At the very least, one reflection missing I previosuly posted have been fixed so I removed it, and same for the completely broken and hilarious Nadine hair which was the most noticeable and annoying issue to me.

Maxed Out Draw Distance is still inferior to the PS5 version in every Mode, so modding the game to enable extreme settings should be mandatory.

Two fingers vs two whole hands??? Lord Gabe. WTF??? You use the 5 fingers of the kb hand and can use up to 4 or even 5 fingers on mouse hand.
champoy-doc-rivers.gif

Dude, stop letting your hatred of consoles blind you to the point of actual retardation for at least one goddamn second and follow me:

With a controller, "making character crawl into tight spaces and do gradual 180° while going crouch while turning the camera" requires two fingers.
A finger on one analog stick for fully and smoothly controlling your character 360°, and a finger on the other analog stick for fully and smoothly controlling the camera 360°.

Doing the same goddamn thing on a KBR requires five fingers on the keyboard plus the whole left hand on the mouse at the same time..

100% agree. It's a fucking shame especially for games like Uncharted or TLOU because pristine ports with PC exclusive enhancements on top would rival every single game on the market ffs, I would kill personally for RT shadows in U4 PC for instance.. and that should be the entire point of PC ports to begin with, preservation and future-proofing.

Last edited:

Gaiff

100% agree. It's a fucking shame especially for games like Uncharted or TLOU because pristine ports with PC exclusive enhancements on top would rival every single game on the market ffs, I would kill personally for RT shadows in U4 PC for instance.. and that should be the entire point of PC ports to begin with, preservation and future proof.
The Pro might ironically enough benefit PC. In the future, I'm thinking Sony will leverage the Pro's ray tracing hardware and faster GPU and higher bandwidth for more than just a bump in resolution/frame rate. We might see ray tracing for things that just use standard rasterization on the PS5. At least for first-party titles. Many third-party devs won't bother. From what I read, devs are often not all that happy to have to work on yet another platform. It's more work for no real benefit for them.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Doing the same goddamn thing on a KBR requires five fingers on the keyboard plus the whole left hand on the mouse at the same time..
It requires only 2 finger on KB hand and just the "palm" of the right hand (if you are right handed) on mouse. You clearly have no idea about mkb game play. Plus you can't even crawl in TLOU.

Last edited:

Vick

Gold Member
The Pro might ironically enough benefit PC. In the future,
I've been saying this for ages, there's no question powerful consoles would ultimately benefit PC gamers.
Especially when they're usually forced by the market to play unoptimized ports of console games.. I mean 90% of games out this gen are technically Xbox Series S games. And unless some Devs go nuts (and they always should on PC versions of games, fuck people feelings of wanting to max out if this means limiting the game, hide those settings, make them separate if necessary) with RT and patch tracing, the Crysis of the time are nowhere to be seen.

Yeah, stutter might be a problem without dedicated optimization (and there's no excuse), but why the hell couldn't Capcom be bothered to make the hidden path tracing modes in RE Engine games actually work to at least some extent? Even just for future-proofing.. why couldn't they be bothered to improve those abysmal RT reflections they have when RE Engine games usually run great on PC?
Even worse, why on God's green Earth they shipped Dead Rising Remaster with those broken Xbox One-era SSR on PC when a simple Pro port, played by a fraction of the userbase, is going to feature those state-of-the-art RT reflections along with all those other improvements like shadows that should always be a given on PC?

I'm thinking Sony will leverage the Pro's ray tracing hardware and faster GPU and higher bandwidth for more than just a bump in resolution/frame rate. We might see ray tracing for things that just use standard rasterization on the PS5. At least for first-party titles. Many third-party devs won't bother. From what I read, devs are often not all that happy to have to work on yet another platform. It's more work for no real benefit for them.
I think this gen was a bit punishing for PC visuals because now games have to run at 60fps on Consoles, so can't obviosuly push as much as they would before. Otherwise titles with similar fidelity as UE5 Demos would be common and ready to be unleashed in their PC versions. Not sure how would they run, but for sure wouldn't be capped at 30fps and reconstructed from 800p.

Last edited:

Zathalus

None of those Uncharted comparison shots are caused by those factors, sadly. Fault is all on ND and Iron Galaxy.
No, I meant as in factors to consider when comparing the respective versions of the game. PS5 would be 4k40-50fps vs 4k120fps (with DLAA) on PC, assuming your PC can handle it. So the odd graphical downgrade/difference vs much higher FPS (or resolution, depending on mode) plus a better AA method.

Vick

Gold Member
No, I meant as in factors to consider when comparing the respective versions of the game. PS5 would be 4k40-50fps vs 4k120fps (with DLAA) on PC, assuming your PC can handle it. So the odd graphical downgrade/difference vs much higher FPS (or resolution, depending on mode) plus a better AA method.
No man, sorry.
No faulty port should ever be accepted, forgiven and let slide just because "well I can play at higher resolution at least". Accepting such compromises for better IQ and framerate could have been understandable when console games ran at 720p/30fps and some sub-720p plus FXAA, sure as fuck not when the console versions look like this at rock solid 60fps and even have 120fps Modes:

UeaEtOW.png

NO22V76.png

ZNJZZLc.png

UMFkOL3.png

YXugCyQ.png

1nHIGqz.png

svsiBv2.png

ZERO excuses.
They should have 100% pristine and competent PC ports with all bells and whistles on top.
Even more ideally, especially for old games like these, they should go even further than RT and go on and improve geometry and assets as much as possible bringing them to Nanite levels, or add better fluid simulations and all the sort of things PhysX were doing years ago on games like the Arkham's.
Just because I don't see this happening for various reasons, including almost abysmal sales for some of them, doesn't mean this isn't what should ideally happen.

Accepting these things helps nobody.

Zathalus

No man, sorry.
No faulty port should ever be accepted, forgiven and let slide just because "well I can play at higher resolution at least". Accepting such compromises for better IQ and framerate could have been understandable when console games ran at 720p/30fps and some sub-720p plus FXAA, sure as fuck not when the console versions look like this at rock solid 60fps and even have 120fps Modes:

UeaEtOW.png

NO22V76.png

ZNJZZLc.png

UMFkOL3.png

YXugCyQ.png

1nHIGqz.png

svsiBv2.png

ZERO excuses.
They should have 100% pristine and competent PC ports with all bells and whistles on top.
Even more ideally, especially for old games like these, they should go even further than RT and go on and improve geometry and assets as much as possible bringing them to Nanite levels, or add better fluid simulations and all the sort of things PhysX were doing years ago on games like the Arkham's.
Just because I don't see this happening for various reasons, including almost abysmal sales for some of them, doesn't mean this isn't what should ideally happen.

Accepting these things helps nobody.
I’m not really accepting anything, just pointing out the differences that should also factor when comparing the PS5 vs PC versions. Ideally the ports should be of a much higher quality as you said.

Gaiff

I’m not really accepting anything, just pointing out the differences that should also factor when comparing the PS5 vs PC versions. Ideally the ports should be of a much higher quality as you said.
Yeah, pretty much. I think I bought Days Gone, Rift Apart, HZD, and GOW 2018 on PC and that's it. Those games were actually worth playing over their console counterparts. GOWR is certainly a hard pass for me on PC. I also won't give my money to any of those low-effort ports.

Vick

Gold Member
Yeah, pretty much. I think I bought Days Gone, Rift Apart, HZD, and GOW 2018 on PC and that's it. Those games were actually worth playing over their console counterparts. GOWR is certainly a hard pass for me on PC. I also won't give my money to any of those low-effort ports.
There's a good chance you could add the Remaster version of Zero Dawn as well, as PC version looks to be suprisingly different and already superior to the regular PS5 in at least one aspect at the moment, and that's shadows draw distance (tree at the bottom):

5ppZCHy.gif

To be fair there's also some differences favoring PS5, like a missing mist layer at the top of the mountain on PC and some trees LOD being less effective (bottom left), and some of the Metal Devil arms on top of the mountain are missing somehow. There's also some questionable textures differences:

NjFRycq.gif

But most of these look to me to be either glitches or easily improvable, work-in-progress stuff, unlike the tree shadow which appear to be related to hardware.

Why do you think it doesn't need claw grip(s) and aim assist is not even an option?
Danger 5 Laughing GIF

The-Last-of-Us-Parte-I-20241002205102.png

Even full Gyro Aiming for those geriatric, arthritis-suffering folks unable to use controllers.

You really never fail to deliver quality, truthful posts.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
There's a good chance you could add the Remaster version of Zero Dawn as well, as PC version looks to be suprisingly different and already superior to the regular PS5 in at least one aspect at the moment, and that's shadows draw distance (tree at the bottom):

5ppZCHy.gif

To be fair there's also some differences favoring PS5, like a missing mist layer at the top of the mountain on PC and some trees LOD being less effective (bottom left), and some of the Metal Devil arms on top of the mountain are missing somehow. There's also some questionable textures differences:

NjFRycq.gif

But most of these look to me to be either glitches or easily improvable, work-in-progress stuff, unlike the tree shadow which appear to be related to hardware.

Danger 5 Laughing GIF

The-Last-of-Us-Parte-I-20241002205102.png

Even full Gyro Aiming for those geriatric, arthritis-suffering folks unable to use controllers.

You really never fail to deliver quality, truthful posts.
It's not an option for mouse+kb, genius.

Vick

Gold Member
Last edited:
Top Bottom