• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn |OT| DJINNS DJINNS DJINNS DJINNS oh god i am drowning in them

Oxx

I didn't have a second GBA handy so I had to input the entire GS->TLA stat-transfer code manually.

Bad times.

DangerStepp

y2FcZ.jpg

Cloud? Is that you?

Ganondorfo

Motoi sakuraba needs to stop making music, the man has made so many videogame soundtracks that he doesnt have any creativy any more left. They need to let another composer take the lead to this franchise.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Older Isaac is in the new Nintendo Power. He's got a wicked chin beard.

Varion

Last non-party character on the Japanese site now, and :lol

No Alex, you are not fooling me with a bit of bone over your eye and a new alias. They're obviously not trying very hard to hide it considering the profile mentions he knows the Warriors of Vale, but still.

Order shipped from Play-Asia last night, yeaaah. Up to Venus Lighthouse on my replay.

Varion

DangerStepp said:
Same here.

What system does it usually appear on? SNES?
First two (though they weren't called 1 and 2, it was just 'Golden Sun' and 'Golden Sun The Lost Age' were both GBA titles. This'll be the third.

Edit: Damn, beaten.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Londa said:
Never played a Golden Sun game. I guess this will be my first.

Go for the GBA games first. I see them for less than ten bucks on Gamestop all the time, if you don't mind buying them used.

DangerStepp

Varion said:
First two (though they weren't called 1 and 2, it was just 'Golden Sun' and 'Golden Sun The Lost Age' were both GBA titles. This'll be the third.

Edit: Damn, beaten.

I'm kinda interested. How does it play in comparison to run of mill J-RPGs (SQUARE)? Is it worth going back and playing one?

Ezalc

I still want to see how awesome everybody else from the older games look older. If Isaac looks that badass I want to see artwork of the others.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
DangerStepp said:
I'm kinda interested. How does it play in comparison to run of mill J-RPGs (SQUARE)? Is it worth going back and playing one?

They are some of the most unique JRPGs out there with how they actually make you interact in the overworld. In battle they play out like Dragon Quest. I suggest you watch a run-through of the first dungeon or something.

Varion

DangerStepp said:
I'd say so. They're not particularly long (should have the first one finished in about 18 hours doing everything, forget how long the second one is). As for the gameplay, they wouldn't be out of place as SNES RPGs really. Random battles, lots of puzzles to solve to get through dungeons using out of battle abilities like move, lift, carry, freeze etc., lots of collectibles to find and some optional stuff to do, the Djinn system where you can collect little creatures hidden away across the world and either equip them to raise your stats or use them to summon (which adds a nice strategic element to the otherwise typical random battles - summons are powerful and some of the Djinn effects are awesome, but using them takes away the stat bonuses they'd be giving you otherwise making you more vulnerable).

If you thought of them as typical very good SNES RPGs with the Psynergy puzzles and Djinn system added you wouldn't be far off I guess. They're still lots of fun and worth playing.

DangerStepp

Varion said:
I'd say so. They're not particularly long (should have the first one finished in about 18 hours doing everything, forget how long the second one is). As for the gameplay, they wouldn't be out of place as SNES RPGs really. Random battles, lots of puzzles to solve to get through dungeons using out of battle abilities like move, lift, carry, freeze etc., lots of collectibles to find and some optional stuff to do, the Djinn system where you can collect little creatures hidden away across the world and either equip them to raise your stats or use them to summon (which adds a nice strategic element to the otherwise typical random battles - summons are powerful and some of the Djinn effects are awesome, but using them takes away the stat bonuses they'd be giving you otherwise making you more vulnerable).

If you thought of them as typical very good SNES RPGs with the Psynergy puzzles and Djinn system added you wouldn't be far off I guess. They're still lots of fun and worth playing.

Sounds like a fun little game. I might check it out. Thanks!

Rpgmonkey

Isaac's not playable is he? :(

Cool design.

Ganondorfo said:
Motoi sakuraba needs to stop making music, the man has made so many videogame soundtracks that he doesnt have any creativy any more left. They need to let another composer take the lead to this franchise.

Really?

While I wouldn't mind say, Tales mixing up their composers a bit more, I like Sakuraba's style together with Golden Sun a lot. Valkyrie Profile's another series I think he fits really well with.

LordAlu

Listening to the awesomeness of Dark Dawn's music is making me more impatient than ever... I've already played through Golden Sun and The Lost Age in anticipation for this, and it's still a month away! :,(

Phenomic

Varion said:
Should get it next week, I'm not Segata but I can post impressions!

This would be appreciated. Always nice to hear some early comments about the stuff I'm buying. End of the month needs to hurry up, sequel to Lost Age is long over due!

Top Bottom