• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn |OT| DJINNS DJINNS DJINNS DJINNS oh god i am drowning in them

Boney

Banned
I'm really sad about the whole Segata ordeal... hope he's coming back.. although I can't blame him if he doesn't.

Feel partly responsble actually...

Salsa

Boney said:
I'm really sad about the whole Segata ordeal... hope he's coming back.. although I can't blame him if he doesn't.

Feel partly responsble actually...

what happened ?

what did you do this time boney ?

Boney

Banned
I said dkc2 was awesome.. which it is... we were friendly quarreling kinda like kiky role playing... then another guy came and went super hostile on it and segata just said fuck it.. no npd, only circle jerks, me not want that.

And poof.

Boney

Banned
Pureauthor said:
Not the first time Segata up and vanished, though.

Anyway, wish we could see more artwork.
I just want to get my mitts on that world map goodness.. oohhhh yeahhhh

CurseoftheGods said:
Isaac:

DDIsaac.png
So, where do I get Golden Sun: Dark Dawn Isaac Edition?

Oxx

The visuals are growing on me, but the characters still look a little too chunky for my tastes.

I'm sure things will look a lot better running on a DS screen than they do on YT or in stills.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
OMFG. They didn't create a summon attack based off a totally obscure but awesome advertisement for the first game, did they?

Ezalc

Regulus Tera said:
Endgame spoilers:

Ends on a cliffhanger. FUCK YES GOLDEN SUN 4 3DS

My body isn't ready.

Wait if somebody already knows how it ends, then I still want to know how long this game is.

Vamphuntr

I will get this in november. Love Golden Sun. A bit disappointed by the in battle visuals though yikes! Do we get a bonus for having one of the gba carts in the slot while playing?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
^^^Nope.

Ezalc said:
My body isn't ready.

Wait if somebody already knows how it ends, then I still want to know how long this game is.

About 20-30 hours for experienced GS fans, according to hearsay. Seems to be in-line with The Broken Seal.

Varion

Regulus Tera said:
About 20-30 hours for experienced GS fans, according to hearsay. Seems to be in-line with The Broken Seal.
Aww, considering it has 8 party members I was hoping for some 40 hour beast of a game. Little bit disappointed there.

Of course maybe it'll be like TLA and I'll spend 10+ hours aimlessly wandering the sea again. Not going anywhere near that tagged spoiler up there.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Thread title makes me smile. Not being able to afford this game does not. Haven't beaten the first nor played the second, so no big deal I guess. Still, would like to sometime.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Speaking of soundtracks, Nintendo is actually releasing one:

Golden Sun Realm said:
61uii8324UL._SS500_.jpg

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn - Adept's Navigation Guide (Shueisha Mook - Magazine Book)

[Book Bonuses]

◆Special "Golden Sun" manga appearing in V-Jump December 2010. The main characters set off on a journey and have heated battles with their enemies, drawn by Higashimoto Kazuki sensei's beautiful touch!! Plus a present: a signed autograph on colored paper!!

◆Special Soundtrack CD - As composer Sakuraba Motoi created the music for the "Golden Sun" games with his whole might, you can be satisfied with this special CD!! Many of the famous pieces are carefully selected, and as well as the original version in the game, a Special Djinn Version is included!!

[Book Details]

The strongest guide explaining the world of "Golden Sun", the latest RPG drawn in magnificent scale!! Character analysis files, a collection of map setting designs to draw you into the adventure world's charm, as well as 3D maps included with a walkthrough guide and useful data in all completeness!! Furthermore, as a book with original bonuses, you can be satisfied anytime by the music in the game with an included Special Soundtrack CD!! Let's get a supreme copy to all the adventurers out there!!

◆Worldview Introduction - Character profiles and a person correlation chart!! Furthermore, various famous places in the game are introduced with setting designs!! An essential keyword on the story is clearly explained!! Even if you're a beginner of the "Golden Sun" series, you'll understand the full story perfectly!!

◆System Explanation - Full-out support on adventuring basics!! Psynergy, Djinn, and summons, the way to use them is clearly explained!!

◆Map Walkthrough - From the place where the journey began until even the place of the story's climax, get through the game with pages of 3D maps! Puzzle solving hints, treasure chest locations, Djinn and summon locations are also printed!!

◆All Sorts of Data - Psynergy, Djinn, Classes, Items, etc. All kinds of data needed to beat the game is published!! It's unmistakeably useful in your adventure!! One copy is a huge satisfaction for "Golden Sun" fans!

If NoA were cool they would give this as a Club Nintendo thing. :( It only has six tracks. BLEGH

Varion

Regulus Tera said:
It only has six tracks. BLEGH
Well hopefully that they're releasing a mini OST like this is some indication they're actually going to bother releasing one this time. Hopefully.

... I'm not getting my hopes up.

I just spoiled myself about character appearances.

Isaac, Garet, Kraden, and Alex are the only people from the first two games who show up again. Well, and Eoleo. No Ivan, no Sheba, no Felix, etc. Despite half of your playable cast being the children of the aforementioned heroes.

BLARGH.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Pureauthor said:
I just spoiled myself about character appearances.

Isaac, Garet, Kraden, and Alex are the only people from the first two games who show up again. Well, and Eoleo. No Ivan, no Sheba, no Felix, etc. Despite half of your playable cast being the children of the aforementioned heroes.

BLARGH.

Endgame spioilers:
The fact that Isaac and Garet are nowhere to be seen for most of the game makes me think the original eight will be the focus for GS4, to be reunited later with the new guys. A "what were they doing in the meantime?" situation.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
A spoiler that's not really a spoiler but I know you guys are anal about shit like this:

There's a point of no return midway through the game. That means missable djinns and summons. D:

Blackhead

Redarse
Regulus Tera said:
A spoiler that's not really a spoiler but I know you guys are anal about shit like this:

There's a point of no return midway through the game. That means missable djinns and summons. D:
:/ don't want to use a guide on my first playthrough

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Lucentto said:
I never played the past Golden Sun games, will I be in trouble if I try to play this?

There's an in-game encyclopedia that explains the major plot points of the previous games. The battle and exploration systems are pretty much the same, thankfully.

The GBA games hold up very well up to this day, even if they are a bit wordy.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
^^^
You only get to see the offspring of the original four plus Briggs' and the Izumo couple whose name I forgot.

TUSR

Banned
Regulus Tera said:
^^^
You only get to see the offspring of the original four plus Briggs' and the Izumo couple whose name I forgot.
Kind of weird that he isn't even mentioned at all... Seeing how half the series to this point followed him.

Top Bottom