• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GoldenEye 007 |OT| For 360, James? No... For Wii

[Nintex]

gamingeek said:
Are you talking about Staff of Kings? That's weird because I had not one problem or bug with that game.

I've no problem with any wii games freezing, bar the two activision FPS out this month.

I was hardly playing Black Ops for hours when the game froze, it was after like 20 minutes and then again, 20 minutes later, well after I had shut the wii down and restarted it.
If you collect something or do anything in Staff of Kings while it loads, it won't load the next area. The game has more game breaking bugs than all Prince of Persia games combined. And say what you want about some of the nearly unplayable Sonic games but at least they don't freeze.

gamingeek

[Nintex] said:
If you collect something or do anything in Staff of Kings while it loads, it won't load the next area. The game has more game breaking bugs than all Prince of Persia games combined. And say what you want about some of the nearly unplayable Sonic games but at least they don't freeze.

That's weird, I had no problems whatsoever with Staff of Kings.

EatChildren said:
9+ is far too high for me. I gave it a 7.5, but I try to operate on a proper 10 point scale where 7 is still respectable. The game was absolutely amazing in single player, but still had a few flaws (performance issues mostly, as well as issues with 007 Classic and the action levels), but the multiplayer dragged down the overall score.

I'm sure I will try the classic mode at some point, after I master 007 difficulty. I am more interested in the time trials though.

Are there any cheats that have been found yet like in the original game?

I barely touch the multiplayer.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
gamingeek said:
I'm sure I will try the classic mode at some point, after I master 007 difficulty. I am more interested in the time trials though.

Are there any cheats that have been found yet like in the original game?

I barely touch the multiplayer.

Classic Mode is fantastic for levels like Outpost, Bunker, and Statue where you do a lot of stealthing. Makes sneaking by and taking guards out quietly much more rewarding and intense as you know if you screw up you're going to have to deal with dude who'll eat away your health and armor.

But be prepared for controller breaking hell on stages like Nightclub and the Construction Yard.

And I didnt unlock anything for completing 007 Classic, which had me quite bummed. I tried out the Tank's time trial to see if that unlocked anything, and nope. There doesn't appear to be any unlockable cheats at all.

Because of this, I probably wont ever do the time trials. As much as I enjoyed the game, I see no reason to push myself into tedious clock racing. Especially when there's no unlockables, you cant skip cutscenes, and I already put myself through the hell that was 007 Classic Citadel :p.

gamingeek

EatChildren said:
Classic Mode is fantastic for levels like Outpost, Bunker, and Statue where you do a lot of stealthing. Makes sneaking by and taking guards out quietly much more rewarding and intense as you know if you screw up you're going to have to deal with dude who'll eat away your health and armor.

But be prepared for controller breaking hell on stages like Nightclub and the Construction Yard.

And I didnt unlock anything for completing 007 Classic, which had me quite bummed. I tried out the Tank's time trial to see if that unlocked anything, and nope. There doesn't appear to be any unlockable cheats at all.

Because of this, I probably wont ever do the time trials. As much as I enjoyed the game, I see no reason to push myself into tedious clock racing. Especially when there's no unlockables, you cant skip cutscenes, and I already put myself through the hell that was 007 Classic Citadel :p.

The game seems really fast paced to me, so I really look forward to rushing through and getting through by the skin of my teeth on a time trial.

I'm pretty good at not getting shot up on some levels like Construction or Archives so Classic mode will certainly be.... interesting. Not sure I look forward to the tank chase on that mode.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
guess i am nearing the end as all stealth has gone out the window and its all gone manic, i am loving it think i got my controls down too ohh and been playing without the ADS Snap makes it harder but more fun :D

a Kotaku commenter said:
  • NotIt!!!11 - Unlocks Tag in Multiplayer Split-Screen (see under Modifiers. Requires three or more players.)
  • Inv1s1bleEv3ryth1ng - Unlocks Invisibility Mode in Multiplayer Split-Screen (also under Modifiers. Invisibility is activated in lieu of sprint by holding B).
  • <477MYFR13NDS4R3SP13S> - This code is accepted, but what does it do?

My friends are spies? Deep down I want that to be voice chat :(

Lenardo

Banned
for those freezing,,, check your Fan in the back

the ONLY time i have ever had a freezing issue- in ANY GAME (and its happened ~30 times in the past 3ish years) is if the fan got stuck and it was overheating due to the fan not working... a quick insert with a pencil and a flick to get it started and it cools right off and does not freeze up again...until the next time the fan gets stuck.

FullMetal said:
My friends are spies? Deep down I want that to be voice chat :(
So much for Gamestop pre-order exclusive mode lol

That's good, because I was feeling kind of down that I was missing out on 2 modes just because I wanted to save 5 dollars.

Does that third code unlock the classic online multiplayer mode from getting the collector's edition? I got the CE so I can't check, but just throwing out ideas as to what it might be.

EDIT: Just put the first 2 in, and they work :D.
I now have Tag Mode and Invisible Modes. I had to put in Tag Mode twice to get it to show up though.

hatchx

Banned
Just picked this up. Really liking it so far.

I spent about 30 minutes OCDing the best possible control scheme. This game lets you customize everything. I love how you can tilt with the nunchuck tilt around corners. The AI is really good so far too, I'm really surprised by the level of stealth.

Only complaint really is the graphics. As a whole it's very nice, but some parts of it are really, really ugly.

EDIT: Although some sections look absolutely fantastic.....

jlevel13

Played a little more online multiplayer tonight and I'm still enjoying it, possibly because a lot of people playing seem to be quite horrible, so it's not usually a very frustrating experience (unlike most other multiplayer shooters). I actually went 13-0 in Team Conflict on that snowy sniper map just hanging out on top of that airplane wreck & kind of cracked myself up - nobody even tried to heave a couple grenades my way. Classic Controller Pro sniping btw. There are some good people on there too & when you come across them it can be a nice challenge.

Just a few more levels to grind out until some interesting weapons and gadgets start unlocking. I can't believe there's still stuff to unlock way up in the late-50s.

fabprems

Got the game on saturday, I love the SP campaign so far, although I can't seem to find the good settings to make the aiming as confortable as it was in CoD...

The online multi, on the other hand, is quite awful. Seems like there is lots of things to do/unlock, but the game is nearly playable, the 3 matches I played were at 15-20fps... :/

gamingeek

fabprems said:
Got the game on saturday, I love the SP campaign so far, although I can't seem to find the good settings to make the aiming as confortable as it was in CoD...

You won't get the ADS as good as Black Ops or Reflex, but these might make things easier for you if you are having problems.

Try using the settings I linked and tweaked:

Here for regular turning - this guy makes the Wii World at War controls on Goldeneye.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24325002&postcount=1464

And here for ADS - which is what I settled on, still using the Z camera lock

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24326850&postcount=1475

steveovig

I rented this on Friday out of curiosity because I like the old N64 game. I've gotta say I've enjoyed playing the MP on this game A LOT! The Solo mode is pretty unfrustrating with all the checkpoints and I like that! I'm not a FPS fan by any means but this is a whole lot of fun and makes me want to try out other games like Black Ops or something. I just wish this game was multi-platform though but it's nice to see the Wii get more exclusive stuff that caters to everyone out there.

DryvBy

Just ordered Goldeneye (bought it 10 minutes after reading DK-mode was in the game). So how do I kill Gaf with my karate chop online? Do we need to change 16 digit codes?

Also, confirmed Bond watch that has laser technology?

jufonuk

not tag worthy
DryvBy2 said:
Just ordered Goldeneye (bought it 10 minutes after reading DK-mode was in the game). So how do I kill Gaf with my karate chop online? Do we need to change 16 digit codes?

Also, confirmed Bond watch that has laser technology?

No laser watch as far as i am aware only smart phone as the catch all gadget

Effect

jlevel13 said:
Played a little more online multiplayer tonight and I'm still enjoying it, possibly because a lot of people playing seem to be quite horrible, so it's not usually a very frustrating experience (unlike most other multiplayer shooters). I actually went 13-0 in Team Conflict on that snowy sniper map just hanging out on top of that airplane wreck & kind of cracked myself up - nobody even tried to heave a couple grenades my way. Classic Controller Pro sniping btw. There are some good people on there too & when you come across them it can be a nice challenge.

Just a few more levels to grind out until some interesting weapons and gadgets start unlocking. I can't believe there's still stuff to unlock way up in the late-50s.

Even when I'm playing with a good group I don't feel to bad when I die. Perhaps it's because people aren't moving around at insane speeds or I'm dying from one or two hits. I've survived several encounters in matches and even explosions. So when I finally do go down it doesn't sting as much as it did in say Modern Warfare Reflex.

The only thing that annoys the hell out of me is when someone sits with a sniper rifle and just start going on a killing spree. I can't stand that and it's why I hate the Outpost map. One of the best looking but horrible due to snipers. Though I do know the hiding places now. Only realized recently people can crawl under the buildings. Ugh. I like the Nightclub and Docks level because it's all run and gun for the most part. There are few places you can camp but more often then not it's best to keep moving either fast or even slow.

gamingeek

GoldenEye proves that core games can sell on Wii Says Nintendo -

“The sales of GoldenEye show that these titles can and do perform well on Wii."

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/41829/Core-games-can-succeed-on-Wii

Has this game done well in the UK?

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=21413

UK chart

All-Format Chart (All Prices)
1 (NE) Call Of Duty: Black Ops
2 (2) FIFA 11
3 (4) Just Dance 2
4 (NE) Kinect Sports
5 (1) Football Manager 2011
6 (5) Professor Layton And The Lost Future
7 (7) Fallout: New Vegas
8 (6) New Super Mario Bros. Wii
9 (10) The Sims 3
10 (9) Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2

Wii Chart (Full Price)
1 (1) Just Dance
2 (2) New Super Mario Bros. Wii
3 (3) Wii Party
4 (4) GoldenEye 007
5 (NE) Call Of Duty: Black Ops
6 (5) Mario Kart Wii
7 (6) Super Mario Galaxy 2
8 (7) The X Factor
9 (8) FIFA 11
10 (NE) The Sims 3

gamingeek said:
GoldenEye proves that core games can sell on Wii Says Nintendo -

“The sales of GoldenEye show that these titles can and do perform well on Wii."

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/41829/Core-games-can-succeed-on-Wii

Has this game done well in the UK?

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=21413

UK chart

All-Format Chart (All Prices)
1 (NE) Call Of Duty: Black Ops
2 (2) FIFA 11
3 (4) Just Dance 2
4 (NE) Kinect Sports
5 (1) Football Manager 2011
6 (5) Professor Layton And The Lost Future
7 (7) Fallout: New Vegas
8 (6) New Super Mario Bros. Wii
9 (10) The Sims 3
10 (9) Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2

Wii Chart (Full Price)
1 (1) Just Dance
2 (2) New Super Mario Bros. Wii
3 (3) Wii Party
4 (4) GoldenEye 007
5 (NE) Call Of Duty: Black Ops
6 (5) Mario Kart Wii
7 (6) Super Mario Galaxy 2
8 (7) The X Factor
9 (8) FIFA 11
10 (NE) The Sims 3

It charted at 9 in the individual formats first week and 18 the following week. However, its sales actually went up the second week. That rep is from NOE right? He must be talking about sales of Europe.

jlevel13

Effect said:
The only thing that annoys the hell out of me is when someone sits with a sniper rifle and just start going on a killing spree. I can't stand that and it's why I hate the Outpost map. One of the best looking but horrible due to snipers. Though I do know the hiding places now. Only realized recently people can crawl under the buildings. Ugh. I like the Nightclub and Docks level because it's all run and gun for the most part. There are few places you can camp but more often then not it's best to keep moving either fast or even slow.

yeah, I don't like sniping, but that Outpost map, it's just about all you can do there anymore.

My favorite load outs so far are shotguns on the small/medium sized maps while sprinting around like a madman (seems like I'm always getting the most time spent sprinting award). The transition from a one shot weapon (like a shotgun) to the golden gun is also very smooth (as opposed to the different play style with AR or SMG transistion to GG).

Grenade spam is less of a problem in this game than I thought it would be - feels like it's a very low percentage of my deaths - despite everybody starting with two. Same with the noob tube.

In general, I think it's that deaths in this game don't feel cheap. They feel deserved & that's why it's maybe seeming more enjoyable to me than the Call of Duty style.

MYE

Got the game today (finally!)

Been playing for an hour with Gamingeek's WaW control setup.
Game is fucking awesome!!! :D

gamingeek

MYE said:
Got the game today (finally!)

Been playing for an hour with Gamingeek's WaW control setup.
Game is fucking awesome!!! :D

That guy on Gamespot isn't me. :) Glad you find them useful though.

Eurogamer compares, well sort of, sales of Goldeneye to other games.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-16-goldeneye-is-proof-of-wii-core-market

The Eurocom-developed Bond shooter scored a solid 7/10 from Eurogamer's Simon Parkin last month and entered the UK charts at number 13, five places above its HD counterpart, Blood StoneWe're not sure that quite qualifies as a smash hit but Saunders is right - it has performed better than most recent high profile third party core games.
Ubisoft's Red Steel 2 limped into the UK charts at 34 earlier this year, Rising Star's No More Heroes 2 couldn't even manage the top 40 and EA's on-rails shooter Dead Space: Extraction sold dismally.

The next third party to try its hand at a beefier Wii experience is Disney Interactive with Warren Spector's Epic Mickey, out on 25th November.

gamingeek

I'm stuck.

Help plz.

007 difficulty on Archives, I have 2 out of 3 bits of intel.

I have the audio recording near the start of the level and I have the pic of that projector machine in the final room of the level. What am I missing and where is it?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
gamingeek said:
I'm stuck.

Help plz.

007 difficulty on Archives, I have 2 out of 3 bits of intel.

I have the audio recording near the start of the level and I have the pic of that projector machine in the final room of the level. What am I missing and where is it?

In the fight out in the library area there is a computer terminal you have to go up to, press A to turn on, and then take a picture. Your HUD should indicate you're nearby. If you're that far in you're way past it and you'll have to restart.

gamingeek

EatChildren said:
In the fight out in the library area there is a computer terminal you have to go up to, press A to turn on, and then take a picture. Your HUD should indicate you're nearby. If you're that far in you're way past it and you'll have to restart.

ACK, I think I know where this is. I saw the indicator but there is a terminal to hack to open a door right above it, so I thought it was for that.

Thanks.

gamingeek said:
That guy on Gamespot isn't me. :) Glad you find them useful though.

Eurogamer compares, well sort of, sales of Goldeneye to other games.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-16-goldeneye-is-proof-of-wii-core-market

The Eurocom-developed Bond shooter scored a solid 7/10 from Eurogamer's Simon Parkin last month and entered the UK charts at number 13, five places above its HD counterpart, Blood StoneWe're not sure that quite qualifies as a smash hit but Saunders is right - it has performed better than most recent high profile third party core games.
Ubisoft's Red Steel 2 limped into the UK charts at 34 earlier this year, Rising Star's No More Heroes 2 couldn't even manage the top 40 and EA's on-rails shooter Dead Space: Extraction sold dismally.

The next third party to try its hand at a beefier Wii experience is Disney Interactive with Warren Spector's Epic Mickey, out on 25th November.

The only thing I can say, is that this time there seems to be a lot more people playing online than the last week. You lost lot of time to find a good game last week, but this week it connects fast and the majority of games have little lag.

BTW, I just beat the game yesterday and it was amazing, I also find online multiplayer really satisfying and fun. I can beat people easily even if I am level 10 and they have like level 20-30 something.
Team conflict with friends while talking with skype is the best.

Exactly how much of this game's single player is supposed to be like Call of Duty? I've seen people compare them multiple times. I was pretty interested in Goldeneye until I started playing Black Ops and am reminded by how much I dislike the Call of Duty single player. I was planning on getting it if there was a good deal during black friday, but now I'm just hoping that it is considerably different. I have no interest in the multiplayer since that is the actual reason I got Black Ops.

jlevel13

Linkzg said:
Exactly how much of this game's single player is supposed to be like Call of Duty?

It's really not. I guess the shooting, in that you have iron sights, but the single player (what I've played of it anyway) is more sneaking, spying if you're doing it "right.". The multiplayer (in a way) is a pared down (less players & less madness) Call of Duty style, if you want to call it that, with level ups and unlocks.

gamingeek

Linkzg said:
Exactly how much of this game's single player is supposed to be like Call of Duty? I've seen people compare them multiple times. I was pretty interested in Goldeneye until I started playing Black Ops and am reminded by how much I dislike the Call of Duty single player. I was planning on getting it if there was a good deal during black friday, but now I'm just hoping that it is considerably different. I have no interest in the multiplayer since that is the actual reason I got Black Ops.

Yeah, don't worry about this, I hated Black Ops single player campaign. Goldeneye has a single player campaign that is leagues ahead.

You see videos and the controls looks like COD, the run move the ADS, vaulting over objects. But even with these control similarities the AI, weapons, superb level design and balance as well as stealth make the game notably different to play.

You can approach most levels however you want, in stealth or action. Even in action though, because of the intelligent AI it's more like Halo gameplay than COD pop up shooting gallery.

Anyhow guys I need more help.
007 Zukofsky park I can find like one piece of the intel.

How and where do you record this conversation? I get the wireless indicator on the building with the sniper on the roof, but no clue as to how or where to get what I need for the objective.

And I managed to get only one piece of intel, where are the others?

gamingeek

george-costanza.jpg

George is getting impatient!

EatChildren

gamingeek,
the conversation has to be recorded very close to the end of the stage. Its right after the nightvision tunnel firefights, where you come out into a room where dudes are unpacking crates. There's four or five guys in that room (two are going through a create), and two paths, one on the left and one on the right. Both lead to the same room, but you need to take the one on the right as a guy in the room is looking at the door the path on the left leads to. In this room there is a man standing next to a coms thingo, and you can sneak up behind him and record.

Sorry, that's a really bad guide, but if you're in the area you'll get the jist. There's quite a few dudes around that you'll need to take out silently. Alerting guards will fail the objective. It might take a few tries, but there's a checkpoint right out the front of the crate room so if you fuck it up just reload from there.

As for the intel, I'm having a hard time remembering exactly. I remember there's one inside a weapons crate, inside the building with the glass ceiling. That's probably the one you already have. There's another in the above mentioned room with the crates, which is easy to spot and scan. I cant quite remember where the only one is sorry.

gamingeek

EatChildren said:
gamingeek,
the conversation has to be recorded very close to the end of the stage. Its right after the nightvision tunnel firefights, where you come out into a room where dudes are unpacking crates. There's four or five guys in that room (two are going through a create), and two paths, one on the left and one on the right. Both lead to the same room, but you need to take the one on the right as a guy in the room is looking at the door the path on the left leads to. In this room there is a man standing next to a coms thingo, and you can sneak up behind him and record.

Sorry, that's a really bad guide, but if you're in the area you'll get the jist. There's quite a few dudes around that you'll need to take out silently. Alerting guards will fail the objective. It might take a few tries, but there's a checkpoint right out the front of the crate room so if you fuck it up just reload from there.

As for the intel, I'm having a hard time remembering exactly. I remember there's one inside a weapons crate, inside the building with the glass ceiling. That's probably the one you already have. There's another in the above mentioned room with the crates, which is easy to spot and scan. I cant quite remember where the only one is sorry.

Thanks for the help, seriously, there are no faqs up on gamefaqs. Yeah the one hidden in the glass ceiling room I was looking for that. I wonder what the 3rd one is? I can do the level just fine, it's finding this stuff on 007 mode that is stumping me at times.

Mael

Linkzg said:

Huh not like call of Duty at all?
I mean there's no endless stream of foes coming at you and it's more like original goldeneye where there's a set number of enemies you can take down stealthily....

I just tried the online part of the game,
So I put the regional settings up and a free for all....
no one...
So i put the regional settings off and fear for the lag....
The game begins and lo and behold I think people play with the classic controllers or something because seriously I finished 2nd on my first time I actually play something not called the Conduit online (and that one dear god...)

Not a single frame of lag, it run buttery smooth...I mean I think it felt smoother than local multiplayer o_O
I didn't expect that...especially on my Wii

Second part comes up....I actually finish 1rst?
WTF, I thought I sucked hardcore at fps?

There''s some time the remote was not exactly recognnised so I lost a few encounters that way (and others because let's face it I do suck),
Some other encounters were actually very fun, anybody I saw I knew that I could actually pop them without any problem if I only had time to get them in my line of sight...
Seriously it's fun!

amazing. This game is amazing.

Having played (and loved almost physically) the original Goldeneye I had really low hopes on this one, at least until good reviews started to kick in, and impressions from you guys cemented my urge to play it. So today i unwrapped it, linked the Classic Controller (I can't really play fast-paced FPSes with the 'mote because the cursor always gets stuck on a 360 spin-out) and played the first level.

woah, it IS different. It's longer, too. Took me three hours to get out of Arkhangelsk. I've tried to go all stealth, because stealth in GE is actually great fun. I know I could've done it, but some guards just loved to notice me. The AI is good. The amount of stuff you've got to do in every section is great (I'm playing Agent). Difficulty is appropriate, I died a LOT of times, but never- never- felt frustrated because if you forget to check the radar, or to shoot the camera down, it's always your fault, not some cheaparse design decision.
Design is flawless, this is really a labor of love. Lots of different ways to accomplish things, should I kill that guard guns ablaze or find an alternate path? Wait, that's a shaft. I'll go there instead- , pure shootemup sections, great voice acting (well of course!) and a variety that you rarely see in a FPS. I cannot wait to put some more hours into it. And haven't even touched multiplayer..

damn it. I think I love this game.

Anasui Kishibe said:

Having played (and loved almost physically) the original Goldeneye I had really low hopes on this one, at least until good reviews started to kick in, and impressions from you guys cemented my urge to play it. So today i unwrapped it, linked the Classic Controller (I can't really play fast-paced FPSes with the 'mote because the cursor always gets stuck on a 360 spin-out) and played the first level.

woah, it IS different. It's longer, too. Took me three hours to get out of Arkhangelsk. I've tried to go all stealth, because stealth in GE is actually great fun. I know I could've done it, but some guards just loved to notice me. The AI is good. The amount of stuff you've got to do in every section is great (I'm playing Agent). Difficulty is appropriate, I died a LOT of times, but never- never- felt frustrated because if you forget to check the radar, or to shoot the camera down, it's always your fault, not some cheaparse design decision.
Design is flawless, this is really a labor of love. Lots of different ways to accomplish things, should I kill that guard guns ablaze or find an alternate path? Wait, that's a shaft. I'll go there instead- , pure shootemup sections, great voice acting (well of course!) and a variety that you rarely see in a FPS. I cannot wait to put some more hours into it. And haven't even touched multiplayer..

The more you play it, the more you realize how good the level design is.

insin

Neo Member
Linkzg said:
I can't even be bothered to finish Black Ops' (practically self-playing) singleplayer because Goldeneye's shits on it from such a great height. You can take Goldeneye's at your own pace, there are few forced action sections and it has a basic but enjoyable stealth implementation (enemy patrol routes and alert states) which is an option for much of the game.

Vice versa with multiplayer (Black Ops' feels and looks so much better, Goldeneye's is jerky in comparison), which is why you pretty much need both for the best all-round Wii FPS experience.

gamingeek

Anasui Kishibe said:

Awesome impressions, nice to see someone loving the game.

DryvBy

Anyone else having a really hard time aiming with the Wii remote and nunchuck? I can hardly finish a mission with it. Seems to fly all over the place.

DryvBy2 said:
Anyone else having a really hard time aiming with the Wii remote and nunchuck? I can hardly finish a mission with it. Seems to fly all over the place.

Not having a hard time, but I much prefer the CC Pro for this game. LOVE the layout and the feel of it, and it works so well for FPS IMO.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
DryvBy2 said:
Check for stray IR in the Wii menu sensitivity settings.

insin said:
I can't even be bothered to finish Black Ops' (practically self-playing) singleplayer because Goldeneye's shits on it from such a great height. You can take Goldeneye's at your own pace, there are few forced action sections and it has a basic but enjoyable stealth implementation (enemy patrol routes and alert states) which is an option for much of the game.

Vice versa with multiplayer (Black Ops' feels and looks so much better, Goldeneye's is jerky in comparison), which is why you pretty much need both for the best all-round Wii FPS experience.

ok, cool. thanks (and to the rest that responded that I'm not quoting because it would take up a lot of space. Actually, the way you described Goldeneye makes it sound similar to my parts of CoD games (like Cliffhanger in MW2. The Black Ops campaign didn't really have that and the entire thing was just boring. But yeah, the multiplayer is a blast.

XPE

Any one else having problems with shooting horizontally?

while you don’t need to do it that often, in multi player it can sometime lose track of the wiimote when I'm trying to aim at people on ledges or in high places.

Apart from that it control's great.

gamingeek

DryvBy2 said:

Try this

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24391506&postcount=1564

And make sure you try and use camera lock in Aim Down Sights mode by holding Z.

XPE said:
Any one else having problems with shooting horizontally?

while you don’t need to do it that often, in multi player it can sometime lose track of the wiimote when I'm trying to aim at people on ledges or in high places.

Apart from that it control's great.

The only reason the game would lose track of the wii remote is because you are pointing the remote outside of the television screen area.

If you are having problems and want to move the cursor faster and further in ADS you would be best shrinking your ADS dead zone box as small as possible and up your horizontal and vertical turn speed. And also play around with the point at which you pick up maximum turn speed in the options.

chidrock

Decided that I want to get this game...trying to decide if I should get the golden controller or not. I know the regular edition will be cheap on Friday. Do you guys like the game more with the classic controls or with the motion? Being able to lean around corners sounds cool though...

chidrock said:
Decided that I want to get this game...trying to decide if I should get the golden controller or not. I know the regular edition will be cheap on Friday. Do you guys like the game more with the classic controls or with the motion? Being able to lean around corners sounds cool though...

I haven't done the corners part but I can't play the game worth shit with the classic controller, if you get the right customized settings with the Wii remote(check the post in this thread or link to ones mimicking the other Wii FPS), the controls are almost ideal.

Top Bottom