• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GoldenEye 007 Reloaded |OT| For Wii, James? No, in HD

GEfinal2.jpg

info.jpg

Publisher: Activision
Developer: Eurocom
Platforms: Xbox 360, PS3
Genre: First Person Shooter
Players: 1-16

Release Dates:
North America - November 1st
Europe - November 4th
GEboxarts.jpg

overview.jpg

Goldeneye is back. This time Reloaded for PS3 and Xbox 360. Built on a new engine and overhauled from last years Wii version, Reloaded features 1080p 60fps gameplay with optional Playstation Move support to ensure the best Bond experience ever.

Singleplayer: Written by series veteran Bruce Feirstein, Goldeneye Reloaded is a re-imagining of the original 1995 film for modern consoles. Featuring an updated plot and current Bond actors Daniel Craig and Judi Dench reprising their roles. Also returning is another series veteran David Arnold to compose Reloaded's soundtrack.

Players can once again expect classic features such as multiple difficulties with changing objectives and unlockable cheats. In addition to new features such as regenerative health and destructible environments.

MI-6 Ops: New to Reloaded is MI-6 ops. Arcade specific missions designed for quick pick up and play. Featuring 4 modes of Elimination, Stealth, Defense, and Assault. Players earn points to compete with friends for the top score on online leaderboards.

Multiplayer: Reloaded has now been upgraded to 16 player multiplayer over the Wii versions 8. In addition to returning 4 player split screen, you can expect the industry standard XP progression system along with fps stables deathmatch and team deathmatch.

New modes included this time are:

Escalation: Death Match with a twist, kill-streaks automatically upgrade your weapon, while dying twice without killing anyone downgrades it.

Detonator Agent: The player carries a bomb which you can hold on to or pass off to someone by meleeing them. If you hold on to it, your kills get multiplied.

Bomb Defuse: Your team must retrieve a bomb, place it in a certain area and defend it while it is defused.

Data Miner: The player's smartphone is downloading data, and everyone else is out to kill you, every kill you achieve increases your download speed.

trailers.jpg

First 20 minutes of the game.
Launch Trailer
Combat Walkthrough
Stealth Walkthrough
MI-6 Ops
Multiplayer Trailer

screenshots.jpg

1-2.jpg

4.jpg

3-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

reviews.jpg

IGN 8.5/10
Addictive multiplayer will keep you coming back for more, especially with all the different ways to play. Single player has its moments, but some rough edges (invisible walls and less-than-stellar AI) make the whole package suffer. The new MI6 mode especially failed to capture my interest, though it might be worth toying around with. But considering multiplayer is inarguably the main course, GoldenEye 007: Reloaded won’t disappoint. While it lacks the charm of the original and the polish of other modern shooters, overall you’ll find a great experience that was just a few tweaks away from being amazing.

Gamespot 8/10
Goldeneye 007: Reloaded is a great game that does justice to its prestigious name. Instead of living in the past, Bond's latest adventure embraces the present. The explosive single-player campaign is a great ride all the way through, and it's well worth replaying a few times just to see what sort of cool secrets the harder difficulties hide. The online multiplayer has you gunning down enemies and racking up experience points with the Bond characters you know and love. Sharp controls, clever level design, and a wealth of gameplay options are the backbone of this exhilarating shooter, and it absolutely nails its core tenets. GoldenEye 007: Reloaded has no need to rely on nostalgia when it so expertly creates such thrilling new memories.

Gamevortex 9/10
So Goldeneye 007: Reloaded comes to us in a week that just so happens to be flanked by the release of this year's biggest shooters. I'm not going to ask that you put aside Battlefield 3 or Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. However, I will strongly advise against underestimating GoldenEye 007: Reloaded. This is a great game not only by 007 standards, but by any measure.

TGN 9/10
The original GoldenEye came out on the Nintendo 64 many years ago and GoldenEye 007 Reloaded is a worthy successor. The development team over at Eurocom did a fantastic job bringing the game into 2011 and the game is still fun to go through. Adding online multiplayer to the mix is a great touch and it should keep GoldenEye fans busy for quite a while. If you are one of those people who think that GoldenEye 007 Reloaded is simply a port of last year’s Wii title then I urge you to give this game a chance. It is definitely not a port of last year’s version and you can tell that the development team put in a lot of work to try and differentiate it. The game looks really nice graphically and I enjoyed how smoothly it played. James Bond and Goldeneye are back and better than ever.

Eurogamer 6/10
GoldenEye 007: Reloaded is a serviceable shooter, but it lacks the spectacle of Call of Duty, the tactical options of Deus Ex or Crysis, and the urgency of FEAR. In their place it has, well, not much. Some will admire its simplicity - and there is something to be said for its casual approach. But the sad fact is that just as Bond was succeeded by Jason Bourne in the cinemas, his gaming legacy has also been usurped by those he inspired.
Thanks goes to The Xtortionist for the thread title.
space-1.jpg

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
This is literally the first I've heard of this game...

SamuraiX-

Cool OT! Love the design. :D

You know, I was strongly considering checking this game out after I watched a developer walkthrough video... but then every other video after that just turned me off from it. :-/

Can't wait. Only question is, do I want it for the PS3 so I can play it with the Move/sharpshooter, or the 360 for my preferred traditional controller (not to mention achievements?)

Decisions, decisions.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I know a lot of people will disagree with me; but with ~30 games in my Wii collection - everything from Zak and Wiki to Zelda, Mad World to Sonic, Flingsmash to Galaxy 2 - Goldeneye is one of my favorite games on the system.

The campaign is long and surprisingly meaty. The stealth works well and is a really nice change of pace from other FPS games this gen. Voice acting is solid, and story is entertaining. And multi was pretty fun if brainless.

I'll grab this on 360 when I see it fro $15 or so. But if you haven't played the Wii version, it's worth more than that. I got the $70 controller bundle and have no regrets.

Effect

The Wii version is indeed one of the best games on the system. My favorite FPS this generation (that includes comparing it to others on the other systems and PC). I enjoyed it (single player naturally and multiplayer) that much. I don't like double dipping. So the price would have to drop insanely low for me to pick this up. Move support would have been a deal breaker for me so I'm glad it has it. I would like to see some of the stages in HD though so looking forward to seeing some video of the game.

It's a shame that this version didn't come out at the same time as the Wii version. It is a good game but it might be overlooked in the crowded holiday season.

Yagharek

Love the OT subtitle reference. Needs a GIF though...

And the Wii version was excellent fun, so hopefully people who missed out jump on board this time.

jrbl1

Banned
I heard paintball mode will be a pre-order bonus and who knows what else that came in the Wii version. That may not matter to you but I think it is weak that they choose to take out stuff as opposed to add it. You cannot get a full version of a game anymore. The stuff that was originally sold as a bonus (DLC and Pre-order bonuses) for gamers has become a screw you for gamers.

cajunator

Banned
Is this changed enough from the Wii version (and I don't just mean visually) that it is worth picking up if I already have the Wii game?

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I'll pick it up once it's about $30. Played it on the Wii and absolutely loved it. There is some great stuff in this game that goes beyond the average first person shooter. The stealth is nicely done and there are some surprisingly well designed scenes in the game like the
club level with "I Remember" and "The Man I Love" playing in the background

EDIT: Thought this was a budget game. $60, damn Activision. I think the game would have been worth it if this was the original system but an HD port (with updates) at full price is a hard sell. I mean, it is Goldeneye and Activision, but still. I thought the MSRP was $40 or $50.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Oh yeah, also; bravo on the thread title. I chuckled.

cajunator said:
Is this changed enough from the Wii version (and I don't just mean visually) that it is worth picking up if I already have the Wii game?

M16 Ops mode is new and the multiplayer is much improved.

Kmart is giving 15$ credit with the game btw.

Boerseun

Banned
I would consider picking this up if not for Move being so ill-suited to first person shooting.

Rad- said:
Haha this is a full priced game for HD consoles? Activision...

Why shouldn't it be? It has more content than Bloodstone to start off with...

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
They're burying this game again. It comes out one week before Modern Warfare 3.

The Wii version came out one week before Black Ops.

Activision doesn't actually want this game to succeed. They keep making the games so they can hold onto the Bond license in case they ever make Bond movies again, but they have no interest in having any shooter taking attention away from Call of Duty.

XPE

Htown said:
They're burying this game again. It comes out one week before Modern Warfare 3.

The Wii version came out one week before Black Ops.

The problem was the game was quite successful on the wii despite the release date, so acti is hoping for similar results for the HD port.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
In that last pic is the room all steamy or did the dev go completely out of control with the bloom? That kind of thing gives me a headache.

Disguises

Got the Wii version last year, so will probably wait until this is a decent price. It's looking great though. I recommend everyone to play this.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Is that nightclub bloomshot supposed to be showing improvements?

Anyway, great little game, buy it for the single player and maybe some local multiplayer though, if you want online stuff stick to COD, it's a lesser rip off of it in that aspect.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Really good game. I never touched the multiplayer on the Wii but the campaign was brilliant. Great combination of action and stealth that made you feel like James Bond.

Neuromancer said:
Can't wait. Only question is, do I want it for the PS3 so I can play it with the Move/sharpshooter, or the 360 for my preferred traditional controller (not to mention achievements?)

Decisions, decisions.

the move!

it was so much fun with the wiimote

Boerseun

Banned
CaVaYeRo said:
I answered some MP questions here and recorded a PS Move controls/config demo here. Might be useful.

TBH, I'm only concerned about the serious Move lag. I hope it was due to those awesome Samsung LCDs during London presentation, so I can enjoy my pointer-controlled 007 in HD.

Sorry to dissappoint you but Move doesn't offer pointer controls. Move can only guess where you're pointing. In other words, it's never 100% accurate, and with marginal errors heaping up can lead to that horrible feeling of detachment that plagues every Move-enabled FPS on Ps3.
No one at GameReactor ever play on a Wii so they'd know the difference?

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Boerseun said:
Sorry to dissappoint you but Move doesn't offer pointer controls. Move can only guess where you're pointing. In other words, it's never 100% accurate, and with marginal errors heaping up can lead to that horrible feeling of detachment that plagues every Move-enabled FPS on Ps3.
No one at GameReactor ever play on a Wii so they'd know the difference?
I wouldn't say Wiimote offers accurate pointing. It only does that in lightgun games where you have the calibration process (which works as long as you play from the same spot you calibrated in). But it's definitely reliable in that it will behave the same from the moment you start to the moment you stop playing so your brain adjusts and it feels like pointing, even though it's not. Not that you'd even know in normal conditions since you play with your hands in your lap like with any controller rather than hold it in front of your face like some people are doing. It definitely doesn't feel like you're dragging a cursor around though. But yeah, it's not accurate to describe it as accurate pointing outside lightgun games. Just SEGA's lightgun games even, Capcom's and EA's don't even bother with the 1:1 calibration options which ruined them. Oh, and the pointer controls in GoldenEye weren't implemented very well either, they're far better in stuff like Red Steel 2, the COD games, etc. They're not horrible though.

Top Bottom