• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Golf Story |OT| Return to Camelot

Someone gift this amazing poster this game.
I should probably bring up that while I'm following the game, I actually don't have a Switch yet! So while I'm thankful for the gesture y'all should use the money to buy two copies of the game for yourselves <3 Really glad people enjoyed my pun and I hope someone was able to catch all the puns, though. Iirc there's 26?

And holy shit the trailer looks fantastic.

What control method are you using to play? I barely notice HD rumble in most games but if I do, I have to be using the joycons. I don't think most games use HD rumble in a pro controller well.
Only been playing with split Joycon but I'll give the pro controller a go later. It's implemented so much better than most games.

Briarios

I haven't really used my Switch much since getting it -- this will be the first eShop title I buy for it, so I'm pretty excited. I'll prob pick up Kamiko at the same time.

Matticers

Sir, what you need is Neo Turf Masters. The greatest, most realistic golf game ever made.

I'm not getting the impression that this is a game for someone looking for a traditional golf experience.

There are golf tournaments throughout the story though.

I didn't want it to be just a straight up golf game. There are plenty of those. I like the other aspects that this game has. But I was hoping that a little normal golf would be sprinkled into the game and if it has tournaments then it seems like there is so I'm happy about that.

Renna Hazel

Only been playing with split Joycon but I'll give the pro controller a go later. It's implemented so much better than most games.

Cool, I look forward to impressions. I intend to try out the split joycons since everyone is saying the HD rumble is great in this game, but it would be nice if it's good with the pro as well.

DirtyLarry

Fuck it. Game is too unique not to pick up, and I also plan on picking up Ruiner as well.
I just picked up SteamWorld Dig 2, and am playing Destiny 2, but at the very least I will get to check these games out when I go on Vacation next month on the plane and on down time. So yeah, I want to show my support and let Nintendo know they are doing the right thing with all these kick ass "indy" games. Especially Golf Story since it is an exclusive.

And I am sure I will no doubt check it out this weekend and get hooked as well. So there is that.

xkramz

Could I get a briefing on the OT return to camelot? Sorry excuse my ignorance, I just wanna be down and know the reference and such

watershed

Banned
Its so weird they didn't send out review copies until 24 hours before launch. Basically last minute. Is that normal for digital titles?
It is unusual but they also have no embargo either. They are a new indie developer with no track record so I imagine that figures into it. Hopefully they're just working super hard and not trying to hide anything. Impressions today have been very positive.

Kaban

GameXplain saying they really appreciate the game's HD-rumble as well. "One of the best uses ever" says one of them.

AmanoBuff

Somehow I have to buy this behind my wife's back. I've bought too many games as it is, but I need this one!

Haha. I'm in the same position. Sine Mora Ex this month, Mario next month and then RE Revelations in November. And that's only on Switch without counting Vita and 3DS.

Still though, impressions seem great. I'm almost sold.

On a separate note, which reviewers are best to follow for this genre?

Griss

Looks like an absolute dream game to me. And I'm nearly finished with Mario x Rabbids and Pokken AND it's a bank holiday weekend here so the timing is perfect.

Can't wait. Just hope the soundtrack is good, that's the last question I have.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
MAAAN, this game looks gorgeous but that FUCKING font needs to get THE FUCK out with a patch or something ha ha ha, looks so bad.

Yep it reminds me of some comic sans type font WITH some eagle eye emulator filter or something. It looks very out of place.

RedToad64

MAAAN, this game looks gorgeous but that FUCKING font needs to get THE FUCK out with a patch or something ha ha ha, looks so bad.
I don't understand why everyone hates the typeface. It is pretty close to what Mario Golf on GBA used:
mario-golf-advance-tour-20040611025712164-857746_320w.jpg

mazillion

I like the font but I'll at least concede that it's not visually consistent with the 16 bit art, things like that seems to drive some people mad.

For what it's worth though in the GameXplain impressions video they had positive things to say about it. Apparently they do some cool things with the font and speech bubbles to help convey the emotions of what the people are saying.

Top Bottom