• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Golf Story |OT| Return to Camelot

Zekes!

Looks great

Something I haven’t seen anyone bring up though is the font style clashing with the games graphics

I've seen some people mention it during the initial reveal. Personally I don't mind it, if anything I like it. Different strokes and all that

Cerium

Getting into it more now and my impressions are the gameplay is intuitive and easy to pick up but there's a surprising amount of complexity when you get into it. No, I haven't encountered slopes, but you're given a lot of different clubs and can go for several different types of shots and it appears to be a matter of picking the right tools for the right situation (on top of timing your swings correctly). There's a variety of terrain even in the first environment alone and each type of terrain demands a different approach.

I'm still learning the different types of swings and clubs to be honest.

Someone was asking if there's a way to zoom out and view the whole course and I found one; you click the left stick and it will zoom out, and moving the right stick will then let you view the whole map freely.

Oh and the game is full of charm, no doubt.

sanstesy

Getting into it more now and my impressions are the gameplay is intuitive and easy to pick up but there's a surprising amount of complexity when you get into it. No, I haven't encountered slopes, but you're given a lot of different clubs and can go for several different types of shots and it appears to be a matter of picking the right tools for the right situation (on top of timing your swings correctly). There's a variety of terrain even in the first environment alone and each type of terrain demands a different approach.

I'm still learning the different types of swings and clubs to be honest.

Someone was asking if there's a way to zoom out and view the whole course and I found one; you click the left stick and it will zoom out, and moving the right stick will then let you view the whole map freely.

Oh and the game is full of charm, no doubt.

On which course are you?

Bog

Junior Ace
Heading to Monty's house in the morning to open Garbage Pail Kids cards but should get home right as this goes live. Can't wait.

Cerium

Okay I was wrong there IS a slope system displayed right under the wind system and I just didn't process it. There's quite a few systems going on here and the game is still in the process of teaching them. Right now I'm learning how to shape my shot? Anyway if you were concerned about the golfing mechanics being too simple I think it's safe to say you can stop worrying.

one_kill

So anyone in Aus know when this will be made available? I have a feeling it'll be tomorrow, but it's quite annoying when the date listed is the 28th.

Xater

So anyone in Aus know when this will be made available? I have a feeling it'll be tomorrow, but it's quite annoying when the date listed is the 28th.

Considering the eShop update time for me here in Europe, you are not going to play today.

Cerium

Anyone else here got the game? I got a question.

I hit the green switch at the beginning, what did it unlock and where do I find it?

-GJ-

Anyone else here got the game? I got a question.

I hit the green switch at the beginning, what did it unlock and where do I find it?
From a video I saw: look for 3 more.
There's one on the opposite end of the one you (probably) hit too.

Man I'm really glad I my birthday happened right about now haha. I wasn't able to get a few excellent-looking eShop titles I'd been wanting because of Grown Up Expenses®, but I got a little B-Day monies and now I'll definitely get this when it goes up. I know I should probably wait until I'm done with Dig 2, but the impressions have me too excited to wait.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
This game looks amazing, but I am not sure about a purchase because of the music. That bass heavy track in the video I saw was very grating.

Because it's a PAL release which means you guys are weirdly grouped in with us lovely European folks and NOE sets the timing which is around mid day Central European time.
It’s so frustrating. When someone said 11 earlier I assumed it was 11am so I was so excited to get home after work but it’s still not in the store

rip me

-GJ-

any news at what time this is going to get released on the EU shop ?
I want to play it so bad!
Steamworld Dig 2 was up when I woke up right after 10-ish last week. The Binding of Isaac however appeared around 4 in the afternoon, while Sonic Mania came out a little after midnight (I think it was 1 or 2 o’clock).

We have no idea. Could be up in half an hour or half a day 🤷🏼*♂️

nin1000

Banned
Steamworld Dig 2 was up when I woke up right after 10-ish last week. The Binding of Isaac however appeared around 4 in the afternoon, while Sonic Mania came out a little after midnight (I think it was 1 or 2 o’clock).

We have no idea. Could be up in half an hour or half a day 🤷🏼*♂️

Friday releases are midnight CET (i.e. midnight Thursday --> Friday), while Thursday releases are 15.00 CET, I believe.

Thanks for the replies :)

kami_sama

Friday releases are midnight CET (i.e. midnight Thursday --> Friday), while Thursday releases are 15.00 CET, I believe.

Ok, that's good. 4 hours from now.
I think gamexplain's discussion and the videos I've seen have pushed me to wait a little to buy instantly.
I still don't like the music at the first level, tho.

Top Bottom