• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Golf Story |OT| Return to Camelot

painey

I don't understand why everyone hates the typeface. It is pretty close to what Mario Golf on GBA used:
mario-golf-advance-tour-20040611025712164-857746_320w.jpg

this is garbage also

BTA

Man, I was hoping to go back and watch that Waypoint stream, but it looks like it wasn't archived. Bummer.

It probably was, actually. It sounds like the people that handle video for them might still be busy with their TV show (or at least this was what they said was the reasoning for slow archiving a few weeks ago?) so it'll be up... eventually.

Could be up with an article tomorrow; could be a while. Can't tell till it's up.

ZeroX03

Banned
Color me shocked but incredibly happy that the game turned out well. The silence and lack of impressions is usually a pretty bad sign. I'm a fan of the old Camelot sport RPGs and glad this seems to be a success in the same vein. Tennis next please. Will get when it's live. Picross at the same time too. Damn.

Agreed that the font isn't great. Smooth font clashes with the pixel aesthetic. Would've loved a pixelized font.

Noticed that the sprites of the trees/bushes distort in correlation with wind direction. Lovely touch.

bounchfx

Agreed that the font isn't great. Smooth font clashes with the pixel aesthetic. Would've loved a pixelized font.

same, the UI in general being all 'HD' really clashes with the graphics. kinda wished they took their pixel art aesthetic and applied it to the UI too. the game's graphics are well done and I have no doubt they could have made great looking interface icons too. baffles me a little to be honest.

Cerium

I have the game, the font looks fine to me on the screen and I can see why they went in this direction; the size changes and the bubbles tilt to emphasize the characters' emotions and such. It's actually really creative. I'm not sure I've seen anything like it done before.

It wouldn't have been possible with pixel font, or at least it wouldn't look as good.

Fireblend

Banned
I'm pretty amazed at the things people can complain about in games. The font seems fine to me, and the way they play with the font weight, size, etc is pretty fun.

phant0m

Guess I’m buying this tomorrow. Right off the coattails of the very enjoyable SW Dig 2

Switch is going to be a god-tier system.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I'm pretty amazed at the things people can complain about in games. The font seems fine to me, and the way they play with the font weight, size, etc is pretty fun.
It’s completely out of place aestheticly. I don’t think anyone would pass on the game simply because of the font, though. Continue to be ‘amazed’.

ZeroX03

Banned
I swear to god if this thread is just going to be full of golf puns, I'm Out.

It wouldn't have been possible with pixel font, or at least it wouldn't look as good.

Would've been easily possible. I know there's games that have done similar, although struggling to name any.

dreamfall

If this turns out great, I hope they do a Tennis Story next. I miss my Camelot Mario Tennis on GBC more than anything! I can’t wait for this!

Atheerios

What control method are you using to play? I barely notice HD rumble in most games but if I do, I have to be using the joycons. I don't think most games use HD rumble in a pro controller well.

Every single game that uses HD rumble it also works for the Pro Controller.

oakenhild

It’s completely out of place aestheticly. I don’t think anyone would pass on the game simply because of the font, though. Continue to be ‘amazed’.

Count me as another that thinks the font is OK. If they just kept it the same size without italics/bold, maybe that would be a problem, but from what I've seen they're using it pretty well as a way to impact the conversation.

Renna Hazel

Every single game that uses HD rumble it also works for the Pro Controller.

I'm aware, however it's much harder for me to notice HD rumble with the pro controller as opposed to the joycons. Honestly, with the pro controller it just feels like any other controller that shakes.

mas8705

For the North American eShop the game will be out when the store usually updates on Thursday: at noon Eastern Standard Time (EST).

If someone can copy and paste this on each page then that would help.

Oh darn... Is that how that works? I guess I'll get some shut eye and enjoy it when I get out of work tomorrow then...

Top Bottom