• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google Chrome |OT|

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Twitch works fine in Chrome for me. Now, my iOS devices on the other hand, Twitch will not run at all on my iPhone or iPad in either Safari, Chrome OR the goddamned app that's designed to play it.

Same for me. Once the embedded link is running, I can't interact with it. Whenever I right click on it, the menu opens at the top of the screen.

I had to switch from Adobe's version of Flash Player to the Pepper Flash Player that comes with Chrome.

Sucks, because that one memory leaks like hell.

Bruiserk

Is there any other way to get rid of the new menu styles other than this? It doesn't seem to work for me. One of my bookmarks folder is too big for this menu, I have to scroll down to get to the bottom. Where as with the other style, it barely took up 3/4 of the screen.

I had to switch from Adobe's version of Flash Player to the Pepper Flash Player that comes with Chrome.

Sucks, because that one memory leaks like hell.

Thanks.

Kunohara

On iOS? The only Chrome there is.

On OS X, the latest and greatest stable version.

iOS doesn't play Twitch at all for me no matter what I use to try and view it. Always just a black screen.

This actually worked for me, it might for you. I found out about this on reddit in the jailbreak subreddit.

To get Twitch to work on iOS properly, rename your phone to something without spaces in it. For some goddamn reason, the app works perfectly now.

Sanjuro

I've felt like the OSX version has been broken for about a year. I'm not sure if it's my machine or the browser, but it's constantly freezing up after a long duration and/or just refreshing an existing page instead of a new one once a new address is typed in or link clicked.

In bootcamp Windows 7 and my other machines, no issues.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
This actually worked for me, it might for you. I found out about this on reddit in the jailbreak subreddit.

To get Twitch to work on iOS properly, rename your phone to something without spaces in it. For some goddamn reason, the app works perfectly now.
I don't have any spaces in my phone name.

tirminyl

YouTube in Chrome has gotten worse and worse for me. It barely plays video. This is really ticking me off. Any tips or ride it out?

3phemeral

YouTube in Chrome has gotten worse and worse for me. It barely plays video. This is really ticking me off. Any tips or ride it out?
Thankfully haven't had that problem, but I was trying to change some Skype settings the other day, and Chrome wouldn't select any of the login buttons. I kept clicking and no response. Clicking to select the link and then pressing enter on the keyboard works, however. Same thing happened with another web form I was filling out where check boxes wouldn't work, so I had to finish it in Firefox because there was no keyboard alternative for selecting that.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I wish the mobile version had a gesture for closing tabs. Like swipe up from the bottom and push off to the left or right. Would be a little more convenient than going into tab view.

trey360

at least 20% of the websites I am linked to don't open up on Chrome on Android, including Yahoo. It's progressively gotten worse and worse with every update.

Madtown_

at least 20% of the websites I am linked to don't open up on Chrome on Android, including Yahoo. It's progressively gotten worse and worse with every update.
Yeah, I was finally giving chrome on android another chance (just added full screen), but this started happening. It's absolutely terrible. For me I'd guess it was 75%.

neos

i just noticed that i have a problem with Facebook\security, i typed e-mail+password on the e-mail field for mistake, so each time i put a b on that field, Chrome suggest the whole thing and i'm not the only one to use this pc.
Where should i go to get rid of this thing?

(pic just to be clear of what's happening)
idJXFtO.jpg

Ambitious

I'm using a rMBP (2012) with a scaled resolution of 1680x1050 (HiDPI), and the scrolling performance of Google's new image search in Chrome is really awful. Is it better with Canary or the Dev version? I don't have my Mac with me right now to try them by myself.

Druz

i just noticed that i have a problem with Facebook\security, i typed e-mail+password on the e-mail field for mistake, so each time i put a b on that field, Chrome suggest the whole thing and i'm not the only one to use this pc.

idJXFtO.jpg

Settings.. scroll down to advanced settings. Clear browsing data button

3phemeral

idJXFtO.jpg

I think you can press delete or shift+delete while it's highlighted.

DonMigs85

Help! I updated Java for Chrome today and now I only have 4 small sites showing on my New Tab page. Can't seem to change/edit them too.

MarkusRJR

It's not just me? Fuck. Chrome can't even play a simple YouTube video. I go and it starts normally but then it'll randomly rewind to a few seconds past the beginning or it'll end in the middle of playback (and shorten the video length so it's impossible to scrub forward). In the latter case I have to refresh the page, and then other shit goes on when I try to load it again.

Get your act together Google.

Akira

I know "Chrome starting to suck" is beginning to become a common opinion, and I'm starting to agree. Why did Google recently remove the search bar in the Google website when you're using Chrome? I'm assuming it's only a Chrome "feature" since it would be inane to remove it on other browsers that don't have the omnibox. Google's trying to be TOO minimalist with their website and it's frustrating sometimes. I also don't like the new forced Google website on the New Tab, how do I get my recently closed tabs back?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I know "Chrome starting to suck" is beginning to become a common opinion, and I'm starting to agree. Why did Google recently remove the search bar in the Google website when you're using Chrome? I'm assuming it's only a Chrome "feature" since it would be inane to remove it on other browsers that don't have the omnibox. Google's trying to be TOO minimalist with their website and it's frustrating sometimes. I also don't like the new forced Google website on the New Tab, how do I get my recently closed tabs back?

they've been testing this for a few months. I get in canary but not the stable channel.

I assume this is going to be the way forward as there's no way to opt out as far as I can tell.

BxW1vqA.png

Zeppu

It's trying to train you that searches go directly in the address bar and that you don't need to ever go to google.com

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
It's trying to train you that searches go directly in the address bar and that you don't need to ever go to google.com

If this is true why is there also a Google search box on the new tab page? I hated this about Opera's speed dial too.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
To further my hate of this new tab page, you can't even open the 4 pages in new tabs.

Any recommendations for good new tab page extensions?

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
You sure? Which build? I just tried it in the latest Dev build and was able to.

Version: 27.0.1453.56 beta-m

No new tab option in right click menu and Control + click/middle mouse just open in the current tab.

I use Speed Dial 2. It's cool. I use it mainly for the Recently Closed Tabs list.
Using this now, better than the new Chrome one.. though the tab images aren't working yet. Lacks the other device section that the old Chrome one had, but I can get to this through the other menu (whats this menu called? The 3 lines one).

AssassiN

got the wrong hit
On the latest dev build if I'm typing in the omnibox it doesn't give any site or search suggestions anymore. Is this intended behaviour?

EDIT: Fixed it by turning Instant Off and Back on again!

jokkir

Can anyone tell me why my extension isn't showing up in my context menu?

Code:
{
   "name": "NameofExtension",
   "description": "DescriptionofExtension",
   "version": "0.3",
   "permissions": [ "contextMenus", "tabs" ],
   "update_url": update",
   "manifest_version": 2,

"background": {
      "page": "background.html",
      "persistent": true
   },
   "browser_action":{
      "default_name": "DefaultName",
      "default_icon": "icon16.png",
      "default_popup": "popup.html"
   },
   "icons": {
      "16": "icon16.png",
      "48": "icon48.png",
      "64": "icon64.png"
   },
   "key": "keyPass",
   "minimum_chrome_version": "6"
}

and my background.html
Code:
chrome.contextMenus.create({
	"title": "Chack for \"%s\"",
	"contexts": ["selection"],
	"onclick": search_start
});

It was working up until Google pushed Manifest v2. I tried updating it and it's not showing up in my context menu anymore so I'm assuming my problem is with my manifest.json file

Top Bottom