• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google Chrome |OT|

Dizzan

MINI Member
Brettison said:
You have to switch to the beta channel... if you want to move to 11... you have to go to the dev channel... beware these are beta and dev for a reason though beta is MUCH better than Dev on small issues.

Click me to go to the future!

Pardon my ignorance but I have no idea how to switch to the beta channel. Can u point me in the right direction?

Thanks

EDIT: Nice edit hahah thanks

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Dizzan said:
Pardon my ignorance but I have no idea how to switch to the beta channel. Can u point me in the right direction?

Thanks

EDIT: Nice edit hahah thanks

Beware this updates your main install. It's not a big deal, but just a warning that it doesn't install the beta beside the stable. Your stable morphs into the beta!

Come join the future!

Also as someone who is just joining us... to see all the cool shit added in betas/devs type

about:flags

in the omnibox

Weenerz

Banned
Nothing constructive to add to the conversation, I just wanted to come in and say that I love using Chrome, even after a few months of not clearing cache and shit, it still runs very fast.

Xrenity

It's nice that's it's so much faster and all...

But I like the new 'Windows 7-like' effect on tabs :O

oooooh and new settings page

equil

Im on chrome and for some reason when i watch youtube videos, the actual video player will get stuck on the screen if i go to another video. Only way to get rid of it is to exit of out chrome. Anyone know whats up?

Futureman

OH my Tab Overview is so nice. Like Expose for Chrome!

I still like having the tabs though so you can always visually know what's open, then do Tab Overview to actually pick a new tab.

Vanillalite

Futureman said:
Under "about:flags," do you guys recommend using "GPU Accelerated Compositing" and "Web Page Prerendering"?

IDK about Chrome 10 but in Chrome 11 the dev version I have both GPU accelerated things ON and have Prerendering set to AUTOMATIC

Dizzan

MINI Member
Are there any decent games/apps for chrome?

Also, any cool themes that really transform the browser? Not just skins that don't do much

Jzero

Dizzan said:
Are there any decent games/apps for chrome?

Also, any cool themes that really transform the browser? Not just skins that don't do much
The only game that i've played and is pretty good is Popit the rest are just link to other website.

And when i had XP i used to change my theme a lot like Robot Theme or Honeycomb theme
but with 7 i just keep the Aero look

Edit: i wish you can put a wallpaper in the new tab page but keep the rest of chrome with the Aero look

Edit #2: Never mind i found some like that ^ View Theme (Aero)

Coarse Theme (Aero)

Cruceh

Banned
Meus Renaissance said:
Chrome is crashing for me frequently today. Anyone here on GAF experiencing the same?
yep getting annoying. plus i still get ads in the middle of livestream videos. i dont know how to block them adblock doesn't work. might switch to ff when they get out of beta

Jzero

Meus Renaissance said:
Chrome is crashing for me frequently today. Anyone here on GAF experiencing the same?
Nope. that only happens(to me) when you enable any feature in about:flags

Cruceh said:
yep getting annoying. plus i still get ads in the middle of livestream videos. i dont know how to block them adblock doesn't work. might switch to ff when they get out of beta
Yup still the only thing I hate about chrome is the video ads still appearing, I just use FF for vids and chrome for everything else until they can get it to work.

tabsina

Hrm.. middle click used to open App icons in a new tab (like normal).. now if i middle click an app icon from the new tab page, it'll act as if I did a regular click.. that's a little annoying

anyone else experiencing this?

edit: on beta channel

Vanillalite

We need to make it mandatory that people qualify their posts with what version they are on. LOL

Anyways the Beta channel updated with a few tweaks and supposedly some stability improvements so maybe people that were having crashes earlier in the week are good to go now!

PS: I wish Chrome OS would update the dev channel if nothing else just to update the browser to 11 like the regular dev channel for chrome!

mclaren777

I heard on the Tested podcast that there's a way to block sites from search results using Chrome.

Is that a new feature of a recent build, an extension, or something else?

Edit: I'm guessing that this is what they were talking about --> Personal Blocklist

Has the Cntrl+Enter behaviour changed for people?

I type 'gmail' in the bar and hit Cntrl+Enter, it takes me to the google search for 'gmail'. (But there is a dropdown that saks me if I meant gmail.com)

'neogaf' Cntrl+ENter works fine. (So do all other sites)

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, Google needs to make their search engine manager easier to use.
So I just reformated, and I have sync enabled but my search keywords didnt transfer over. I have no idea how to get it back to the way it was. Now I have to press tab after the keyword, but before I could just type in "yt boobies" to search youtube for some boobies. Now I have to type "yt" then a space and then hit tab and then type boobies.

How do I fix this?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Copernicus said:
Has the performance increased on this since early january?

Crankshaft (improved V8 JavaScript engine) landed in beta a while ago, and increased certain JS things by 60%.

Ashhong

So does anybody know how to reassign the Tab Overview feature in OSX? I used to have it set so that 4finger tap will do it but now it doesnt. The default is 3 finger swipe down. Can't get it working again..

NVM got it.

How about this..any reason why my tabs might not restore after restarting chrome?

Top Bottom