• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google Chrome |OT|

benjipwns

Banned
tabsina said:
There was a link to the chromium build earlier in this page, seems like that is one of the upgrades coming to chrome

On the topic of neogaf though, the "thread title" is the only thing that shows up in my tab title, does it say "NeoGAF - thread title" for you guys?
It says "Thread Title - Page # - NeoGAF" on both Windows and Ubuntu for me.

giga

0yzk

justin.au

If they get rid of the shading near the colour changes it will be acceptable.

The Chrome icon does look a little dated at the moment.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
justin.au said:
If they get rid of the shading near the colour changes it will be acceptable.

The Chrome icon does look a little dated at the moment.

It looked dated when it was released. And for some reason Google is determined to use an even uglier version in banner ads and such. Ugggh.

Jasoco

Banned
giga said:
Has this icon made it to the builds yet? I just noticed it in Rowmote on my iPad, but the icon in the Dock is the old icon. So I don't know why it's retrieving the icon as the new one. Unless they're using the new icon as the 32x32 pixel version but the old one for the rest.

I like the icon. Maybe I just have to delete my Dock cache again. It has a habit of remembering icons even if they change.

Jasoco

Banned
There it is. The icon is changed, and my status-bar is back. But I still have to hold Q to quit. Dammit. That feature sucks so much. Take it out, Google! It doesn't belong on a desktop OS! AT ALL! Especially when it's the only app that performs that way, and even if we accidentally quit, we can continue where we left off in less than 3 seconds. There's no reason for it! And now I'm repeating myself.

giga

Jasoco said:
There it is. The icon is changed, and my status-bar is back. But I still have to hold Q to quit. Dammit. That feature sucks so much. Take it out, Google! It doesn't belong on a desktop OS! AT ALL! Especially when it's the only app that performs that way, and even if we accidentally quit, we can continue where we left off in less than 3 seconds. There's no reason for it! And now I'm repeating myself.
Yeah it's unusable for me now. So bad.

Drewsky

What build is it that has the new icon?

And what do you mean you have to hold q to quit? Is that on OS X?

Edit: Nevermind, should have read up about three posts. Second question still stands though.

Drewsky said:
And what do you mean you have to hold q to quit? Is that on OS X?

In the dev build if you press ⌘Q you get a message telling you you need to hold it in order to quit. So you need to hold it for ~1 second? Yeah it's pretty dumb.

Treefingers said:
In the dev build if you press ⌘Q you get a message telling you you need to hold it in order to quit. So you need to hold it for ~1 second? Yeah it's pretty dumb.
I've found that holding ⌘ and pressing Q twice in quick succession does the trick.

Jasoco

Banned
lunarworks said:
I've found that holding ⌘ and pressing Q twice in quick succession does the trick.
It does, but I always forget and it ends up just being annoying.

I kinda wish all my other app icons were the same style. I bet someone at IconFactory will make a set in the style. But I ain't paying for CandyBar.

giga said:
Yeah it's unusable for me now. So bad.
Really? Because of something that happens when you Quit the app?

Ashhong

Does anybody else have a problem of Chrome not remembering tabs?

Forget that, that was a simple setting that got changed haha.

However, I still cant get my downloaded files to respond from my Downloads Bar. Nobody on the Chrome forums has answered me either. It's so frustrating having to navigate to every download I do instead of just clicking it in Chrome.

Ashhong

AHA! Slightly figured it out.

Okay I narrowed down the problem. I use PathFinder and completely close Finder in the process. I turned on Finder again and clicking on the download opens it. Has anybody ever had this issue? It seems that Chrome requires Finder to be open?

Jasoco

Banned
Dear Google,

Please make it so the Close X on tabs is only visible on the CURRENT tab so I don't keep accidentally closing the tab I'm trying to switch to. That is hella annoying.

Sincerely,
Charlie Sheen

P.S.
Chrome is epic winning

Guess I should just get used to only using Tab Overview.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Copernicus said:
It's from the android build.

(just kidding, down andrex, down) =P

Well there is an Android build of Chrome, it's just for Google TV.

Although I would like someone to compare that browser and the Honeycomb browser's source code, just to see which parts match up the most.

Jasoco said:
Dear Google,

Please make it so the Close X on tabs is only visible on the CURRENT tab so I don't keep accidentally closing the tab I'm trying to switch to. That is hella annoying.

Sincerely,
Charlie Sheen

P.S.
Chrome is epic winning

+1. Steal the feature from FF or Opera if need be.

Regards,

Lindsey Lohan

f0rk

Jasoco said:
Dear Google,

Sincerely,
Charlie Sheen

P.S.
Chrome is epic winning

Then you can't close dodgy tabs when a friend walks in without giving the game away. Ctrl + Shift + T if you close something by accident!

I finally made the switch from Firefox to Chrome as my main browser. It has all the addons I need and loads pages much quicker it seems, not to mention the speed at which Chrome actually opens, sometimes Firefox takes forever.

Xanathus

f0rk said:
Then you can't close dodgy tabs when a friend walks in without giving the game away. Ctrl + Shift + T if you close something by accident!
You could still close a tab by middle-clicking on it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I don't even quit Chrome usually... it's almost always running. When I do quit I just hit the close window button. I mean, I know OS X makes it so that button is infuriatingly small and annoying to click, but surely it's not that big a game changer?

I remember when I started using Opera my biggest annoying was that Ctrl+Q would close the whole browser. Almost always, I meant to hit Ctrl+W to close a single tab instead. Thank goodness Opera has a kickass key customizer.

Yea I always have chrome running, I only quit it after a week or so so I can refresh the ram usage on it, it can get to ridiculous levels.

kehs

Banned
This will probably never happen, but is there anything indicating gestures being built into chrome any time soon?

It's like the one thing keeping me from going chrome full time. That an pan to scroll for my lappie.

(extentions are shit for those two things because they don't work on system pages and the home page)

Also my icon hasn't changed. =(

Threi

notag
Jasoco said:
Dear Google,

Sincerely,
Charlie Sheen

P.S.
Chrome is epic winning

Oh HELL no.

Having to switch to a tab to be able to close it would be horrible.

Enco

Threi said:
Oh HELL no.

That's true.

However, an option to lock a tab without pinning it into a tiny corner would be great.

giga

Copernicus said:
This will probably never happen, but is there anything indicating gestures being built into chrome any time soon?

It's like the one thing keeping me from going chrome full time. That an pan to scroll for my lappie.

(extentions are shit for those two things because they don't work on system pages and the home page)

Also my icon has changed. =(
Get a mac :eek:

qyzmf

Drewsky

I don't know if this is Chrome or OS X, but I buy albums frequently off of Amazon and every time I try to download an album it makes me redownload the Amazon MP3 Downloader. It's annoying. I guess next time I buy one I'll try it on Firefox and see if it works there, that way I'll know if it's OS or browser.

Jasoco

Banned
Threi said:
Oh HELL no.

HELL YES. Because I'm sick and tired of closing a tab when I meant to switch to it. It's a pain in the ass. It should be a fucking option.

Top Bottom