• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google Chrome |OT|

lo escondido

Apartheid is, in fact, not institutional racism
So I've been using chrome for about 1 and half, and just today youtube videos just stopped loading. Where the videos are supposed to show up there is just black and a right click says the video didn't load.

Is this a common problem and is there a solution.

secret gold logo

impKae.png

lo escondido said:
So I've been using chrome for about 1 and half, and just today youtube videos just stopped loading. Where the videos are supposed to show up there is just black and a right click says the video didn't load.

This happened to me today and I had to clear out my temporary internet files and then they worked again.

kehs

Banned
lo escondido said:

It seems to be a youtube problem, it's happened to me across two machines and five different browser installs, chrome, opera, and ie.

Jasoco

Banned
Does everyone else have this same problem?

sLUps.jpg

In Tab Overview mode, Flash videos on certain sites don't show up in the preview thumbnail.

Notice how YouTube pages don't show the video in the thumbnail, but the other two sites I tested out, Yahoo! and TGWTG both have Flash videos showing in the thumbnail. But the one site owned by the same company that made the browser doesn't work properly. What gives, Google?

On a related note, notice that they now remove all other page elements when going into Tab Overview mode. This'll make fullscreen mode much better when they update for Lion.

Nabs

I have a problem where youtube videos don't appear (same like your screenshot) if I have multiple yt pages open. Strange.

kehs

Banned
Jasoco said:

sLUps.jpg

In Tab Overview mode, Flash videos on certain sites don't show up in the preview thumbnail.

Notice how YouTube pages don't show the video in the thumbnail, but the other two sites I tested out, Yahoo! and TGWTG both have Flash videos showing in the thumbnail. But the one site owned by the same company that made the browser doesn't work properly. What gives, Google?

On a related note, notice that they now remove all other page elements when going into Tab Overview mode. This'll make fullscreen mode much better when they update for Lion.

I have the problem that I don't have access to tab overview.

>=|

Ashhong

Jasoco said:

http://i.imgur.com/sLUps.jpg[IMG]

On a related note, notice that they now remove all other page elements when going into Tab Overview mode. This'll make fullscreen mode much better when they update for Lion.[/QUOTE]

I have the same issue. And when did they add the Close option in overview mode? I remember when I first tried it it wasnt there. Such an obvious thing to have.

jambo

Anyone else having issues with YouTube?

All of my videos are squished in to the left 2/3 of the normal spot where the video is =\

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
jambo said:
Anyone else having issues with YouTube?

All of my videos are squished in to the left 2/3 of the normal spot where the video is =\

Yep, really annoying.

I've been having other random problems with youtube lately. Like videos that pause and I have to go back a few seconds in order to resume.

Jasoco

Banned
Dreams-Visions said:
unfortunately, I use 3-finger swipe down to see all of the apps I have open.

thank god for BTT. I just switched it to 3-finger click+swipe down.

:D
I use three finger up and down for Home and End. I use three finger left for Overview.

giga said:
Thank you jebus, someone at Google woke the fuck up and killed the hold CMD+Q behavior in the latest build.
Yep. Just found this out. Someone was listening.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Does anyone know if there is way to get a background for the 'new tab' page? Not talking about themes, just want a background.

Jzero

Plywood said:
Does anyone know if there is way to get a background for the 'new tab' page? Not talking about themes, just want a background.
I don't think you can put your own image, but there are some themes that only put an image in the new tab page and dont mess around with anything else. I posted some a few pages back.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Jzero15 said:
I don't think you can put your own image, but there are some themes that only put an image in the new tab page and dont mess around with anything else. I posted some a few pages back.
Lame, here's hoping they add it in somewhere down the line since they seem to be doing a good job at always tossing in new features.

Is there an extension or hack that can make Chrome's bar similar to Firefox's awesomebar? That is literally the only thing keeping me from using Chrome on my main PC. I'm sick of Firefox's slow speeds and random hangups now, but the bar is so convenient to use. What I want is that typing keywords will search in your history and bookmarks first and then sorted by how many times you visited that page.

Tabris

I switched. I'm in love with it. Only thing I don't like is the lack of noscript. How do I ensure that if I'm going to *cough* adult entertainment *cough* sites (or honestly any suspect sites) that I'm able to browse them safely with chrome?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Tabris said:
I switched. I'm in love with it. Only thing I don't like is the lack of noscript. How do I ensure that if I'm going to *cough* adult entertainment *cough* sites (or honestly any suspect sites) that I'm able to browse them safely with chrome?

Well Chrome has kickass security to begin with, so it shouldn't really be an issue...

You can turn off all scripts and set exceptions on the options page.

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.
Tabris said:

This might help

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Hey Fellas! Is there a Chrome to Chrome extension?

Or, some way to keep Chrome on two computers in the EXACT same state at all times?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Jtwo said:

Or, some way to keep Chrome on two computers in the EXACT same state at all times?

Well, to start with, use Google Sync (built in to Chrome) to sync about 50% of the stuff. I don't know about syncing open tabs or anything beyond Google Sync, but start there.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Google sync just does bookmarks and stuff, right?

I use that, and it is awesome.

Lately, I've just been using the house computer in addition to my MBP and I would love it if I could just go between computers and pick up exactly where I left off.

I don't have a wireless printer so I have to run downstairs and load up whatever it is I just found through search to print even though I was just looking at it on another computer.

gcubed

Jtwo said:
Google sync just does bookmarks and stuff, right?

I use that, and it is awesome.

Lately, I've just been using the house computer in addition to my MBP and I would love it if I could just go between computers and pick up exactly where I left off.

I don't have a wireless printer so I have to run downstairs and load up whatever it is I just found through search to print even though I was just looking at it on another computer.

cloud print?

It must have been said a thousand time, but I hate to see on forums/interwebs that an update is avaible for a software I use (to not say ALL THE TIME for Chrome, because it's my browser) and when I want to upgrade, it's already done because of the google software update.

I hate not being able to update myself, because I love the feeling of getting something new and better.

But I have to say, having my browser updated even before I'm aware there's an update, is kinda amazing and mind blowing.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
UnluckyKate said:
But I have to say, having my browser updated even before I'm aware there's an update, is kinda amazing and mind blowing.
It is pretty crazy how google sorta just snuck in and dominated my life. It started with the sexy feeling of being the Gmail beta back when it was a thing to brag about, then I figured out how to use labels, then I started using calender, then I got an Android phone and started using google docs to keep track of bikerides and hikes with mytracks (dopest app ever if you move around a lot) and then I started using Chrome. This is what is going to allow me to move over to a really underpowered MBA. It doesn't matter what your specs are when all you have open is a browser and iTunes.

And now apparently they're handling my printer as well.

NYR

Wow, have been using Chrome for the last several hours @ work for the 1st time.

Love it. My biggest problem with Firefox @ work was I couldn't install Flash. Chrome works great and comes with Flash, and is super speedy, love it so far!

Pinned it to my taskbar, now I make the gradual switch-over from Firefox!

Futureman

Jtwo said:
It is pretty crazy how google sorta just snuck in and dominated my life. It started with the sexy feeling of being the Gmail beta back when it was a thing to brag about, then I figured out how to use labels, then I started using calender, then I got an Android phone and started using google docs to keep track of bikerides and hikes with mytracks (dopest app ever if you move around a lot) and then I started using Chrome. This is what is going to allow me to move over to a really underpowered MBA. It doesn't matter what your specs are when all you have open is a browser and iTunes.

And now apparently they're handling my printer as well.

Does My Tracks work well for logging exercise? I use something called Endomondo right now and it shows you calories burned, total run time for the month, etc.

I would switch to My Tracks if it does the job well, I would rather use a Google product.

edit: Market reviews seem to indicate that you can't look at a Google Maps depiction of your runs? "Upload to Google Maps IS NOT BACK. -15 if possible. Wish I could remove this app from Market. Removing it after months of hope."

wouldn't that be like the main feature of something like My Tracks? Looking at a map of your "tracks?"

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah... what the fuck?
I have to admit its been like 2 or 3 weeks since I've used MyTracks, but that was the ONLY reason I started using it.. because you upload your runs to google maps and then can see where you've hiked and stuff..

So unless Google somehow removed that feature in the last month or so, whoever wrote that review just doesn't know what is up. The data it spits out is just icing on the cake.

Jasoco

Banned
Jtwo said:

I have to use Xmarks for Bookmarks but sync for all other Chrome stuff so I can sync my bookmarks to Firefox and Safari and my iPod and iPad as well since Chrome sync doesn't handle cross-browser syncing. I had originally had both Chrome Sync and Xmarks at the same time but ended up having double bookmark trees until I realized Chrome was doing it. The two didn't like each other. Thankfully Xmarks keeps a history of your entire bookmark tree every time it changes so you can go back any time. I recommend Xmarks if you need to sync across browsers and platforms. I can even access my Bookmarks from a browser that can't accept plugins from their web based access. (Like my Android that can't run Xmarks)

Xmarks also does opened tabs and passwords if you want. And is available for Chrome, Firefox and Safari. (Maybe IE? And probably not Opera.)

Ramma2

And if you have an Android Phone, check out ChromeMarks Lite, which will sync all of your book marks from Chrome to your phone.

Top Bottom