• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google Chrome |OT|

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Vic said:
94MoF.gif

If only these NeoGAF ext. worked with Firefox.

This one probably could, heck it could probably just be a Greasemonkey script. The main meat of the source code is here, take a crack at it if you want.

Brinbe

Andrex said:

NeoGAF Quick Reply is a "just-for-fun extension that adds a quick reply form to the bottom of every page in a thread on NeoGAF. Works well with the Live Updater extension, and includes the current three smilies from my NeoGAF Smilies extension."

Ironically, the smilies work better in the Quick Reply box than just purely with my other extension.
Oh man, thanks. This is awesome.

Dragon

Banned
ToxicAdam said:
Anyone having problems with copy-pasting? When I attempt to highlight text, it constantly wants to pick up small chunks of text and transpose them elsewhere.

Maybe its an issue with my wireless mouse.

Happens on Linux (Ubuntu) for me. Has been like that for a few versions.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Ahh, the smaller reply box bug may have been related to the Extra Three Buttons script I had installed... which for some reason just decided to start working.

Jasoco

Banned
Ashhong said:
LOVE QUICK REPLY :D

Once you do multiquote I can die a happy man
This! Yes. A button next to each post that places quote code in the box at the bottom. Then scroll down and post your replies to all of them. I wish the iPhone webapp had multiquote.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Tokubetsu said:
Been set to that but whenever I respond via quick reply extension, it still subscribes.

Oh really? Our first real bug then! I'll get working on fixing it right away.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Now there's another odd bug... when using the Live Thread extension, it changes the title on the Quick Reply box to the thread's title when it updates. Kinda weird.
KuGsj.gif
But admittedly harmless.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Andrex said:
Now there's another odd bug... when using the Live Thread extension, it changes the title on the Quick Reply box to the thread's title when it updates. Kinda weird.
KuGsj.gif
But admittedly harmless.

It's picking up the class "tcat"

it's only used once on GAF normally. I got lazy.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Why is it setting it, though? I assumed it was using it to get the thread's title... But I'm curious as to why it's changing it.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Andrex said:
Why is it setting it, though? I assumed it was using it to get the thread's title... But I'm curious as to why it's changing it.

I change it to remove the page number.

Code:
$('td.tcat').html($('td.tcat a:last'));

it's pretty janky. It just replaces the text with the last link (which is the thread title)

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I just uploaded a new version to the chrome store that fixes the problem.

I think i'm going to make a new version of my Live Thread script anyway. It's pretty bad.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
D4Danger said:
I just uploaded a new version to the chrome store that fixes the problem.

And I just updated my description with it as a bug. :p I'll change it back.

hermit7

Quick question wit Quick Reply, does it automatically subscribe you to a thread if you post in it?

Is there an option to turn that off if you don't want it?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
hermit7 said:
Quick question wit Quick Reply, does it automatically subscribe you to a thread if you post in it?

Is there an option to turn that off if you don't want it?

Yeah, it's a known bug right now. Sorry, no way to disable it right now. :(

Jasoco

Banned
Treefingers said:
Oooh I found a neat userscript that lets you quickly edit your posts in-line:

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/98693
Whoa! I've always loved this feature on some other forums. Now I gotta test it!

Test Edit: It worked!

The only weird this is now my "Edit/Del" link on the left is striked through, but it still works normally. If only the link above could replace the one on the left instead. Make it more seamless.

Jasoco

Banned
So where's the definitive list of NeoGAF Chrome-compatible extensions? I wanna see if I missed any. Off the top of my head I have the one that colorizes my posts and quotes, the quick edit, the quick reply. Don't really need the auto-refresh, but I'd still like a list.

Jasoco

Banned
That's good. I have all the ones I need. Problem is that page doesn't show the GreaseMonkey extensions that also work with Chrome.

http://userscripts.org/search?cref=http://userscripts.org/cse.xml&cof=FORID:9&q=neogaf&x=0&y=0

Which also includes the YouTube Me! scripts which I also use and can't live without that I modified it to work on all sites.

Also, Chrome 12 still buggy with Lion. Has to be force quit every time in order to close it. Especially when rebooting or shutting down and the computer can't because Chrome is standing in the way.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
oh man this quick reply thing is neat, nice one!

Going to try the inline edit thing as well.

EDIT: aww yeah.

I edited the quick edit script a bit to remove the strikethrough & make it look a bit nicer:

Screen%20shot%202011-04-03%20at%205.52.33%20PM.png

http://cl.ly/5heH

Not sure how to change the regular Edit link to just go to the in-line editor (or if it's possible) though. I'll play around with it a bit, I was thinking of making this into a Chrome extension & adding an options page with colors, fonts, etc.

Top Bottom