• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google Chrome |OT|

Jasoco

Banned
Treefingers said:
I edited the quick edit script a bit to remove the strikethrough & make it look a bit nicer:

Screen%20shot%202011-04-03%20at%205.52.33%20PM.png

http://cl.ly/5heH

Not sure how to change the regular Edit link to just go to the in-line editor (or if it's possible) though. I'll play around with it a bit, I was thinking of making this into a Chrome extension & adding an options page with colors, fonts, etc.
You could try simply hiding the old Edit link and I guess try to insert the new link into the side table cell instead of the post one. I don't know how your extension works though, so it may not be that easy.

Jasoco

Banned
Chrome turns them into extensions. The only difference being they come from userscripts.org instead of Google's site and that you don't need to install Greasemonkey to make them work.

ScOULaris

I just counted, and nearly half of my total extensions/user scripts in Chrome are for NeoGAF. And you know what? That makes me
3AQmK.gif

Jasoco

Banned
Playing around in fullscreen mode and it's really making me wish it had the toolbars and tabs visible, or something visible while fullscreen. I click on a link and I can't tell if it's loading or if it loaded in a background tab. I love having the whole screen for content, but I do wish it would show something.

Firefox 4 does this. It shows the toolbar and tab bar, but not the menubar. But for some reason it doesn't even show the menubar when I mouse up there like it is supposed to. (OS X)

So both browsers do it wrong, but Firefox seems to get it better. I just prefer Chrome and would rather have that stuff optionally showing.

Guts Of Thor

Thorax of Odin
So for some reason this morning none of my Chrome extensions work. I tried restarting Chrome and even my computer but still nothing works.

Any clues?

ScOULaris

Treefingers said:
I edited the quick edit script a bit to remove the strikethrough & make it look a bit nicer:

Screen%20shot%202011-04-03%20at%205.52.33%20PM.png

http://cl.ly/5heH

Not sure how to change the regular Edit link to just go to the in-line editor (or if it's possible) though. I'll play around with it a bit, I was thinking of making this into a Chrome extension & adding an options page with colors, fonts, etc.
That looks much better. Thanks for sharing your edited script!

ScOULaris

Quick question. Certain fonts in Chrome look slightly distorted and jagged on my Windows 7 x64 laptop. They look fine in IE9 and Firefox 4 (with and without GPU acceleration). When viewing the problem sites on my XP machine at work, the fonts look fine.

Here are some sites where the heading/subheading fonts look ugly:

http://www.hulu.com
http://www.gamepro.com
http://www.gameinformer.com

I'm pretty sure it looks bad with or without font smoothing enabled on my home machine, but I'll have to wait until I get home to test that. Since Chrome uses Windows' font settings, could there be something wrong with my installed fonts?

I'll post pictures later if I have time.

Ashhong

Oyashiro said:
I'm getting really tired of the stupid download bar bug. Hoping they fix it soon.

Yea whats wrong with it? I was having problems with mine in OSX but I figured it out. Maybe same problem?

edit: I have now tried both of the Quick Edit scripts and they both have a bug. The format buttons like bold, underline, picture tags, etc dont work. Was this addressed before?

Jasoco

Banned
Ashhong said:
edit: I have now tried both of the Quick Edit scripts and they both have a bug. The format buttons like bold, underline, picture tags, etc dont work. Was this addressed before?
You're right. They don't do a thing.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Treefingers said:
Whoa I didn't notice this either. I'll poke around but I probably can't fix this.

This might do it. Include this after the rest of the code.

Code:
<script>vB_Editor['vB_Editor_001'] = new vB_Text_Editor('vB_Editor_001', 0, '3', '1');</script>

Where vb_Editor_001 is replaced with the ID of the edit area's textarea. (Should be different in order to avoid conflicts with my quick reply extension.) Tell me if it works.

Andrex said:
This might do it. Include this after the rest of the code.

Code:
<script>vB_Editor['vB_Editor_001'] = new vB_Text_Editor('vB_Editor_001', 0, '3', '1');</script>

Where vb_Editor_001 is replaced with the ID of the edit area's textarea. (Should be different in order to avoid conflicts with my quick reply extension.) Tell me if it works.

Didn't work unfortunately. The thing is the code as it is just fetches everything in the <form> tag that's in the Edit page, which includes that script. The edit page's textarea also has the same ID as that of the reply page.

I think it might have something to do with http://www.neogaf.com/forum/clientscript/vbulletin_quick_edit.js, which is being loaded on topic pages but not on the edit page - maybe that script is preventing the buttons from working? I'm not too good with Javascript :p

Jzero

There's a new update
3AQmK.gif

seems like they fixed the experimental tab page a little bit more but it's still buggy

Jasoco

Banned
At this point 12 is still unusable on OS X. So glad I have both 11 and 12 installed and can switch between them. 11 is much stabler. Surprised the bugs in 12 have been there for days without fixes yet.

movie_club

My chrome crashes semi regularly and my entire Mac winds up freezing. Each time I usually have to shut down by holding the power button down and every time i reload I have to re sign into facebook, gmail, gaf etc. Anyone have this sort of issue?

hEist

Jasoco said:
At this point 12 is still unusable on OS X. So glad I have both 11 and 12 installed and can switch between them. 11 is much stabler. Surprised the bugs in 12 have been there for days without fixes yet.

same here... unusable... always running high on ram after couple of minutes (>600mb!). they need to fix this shit.

Jasoco

Banned
hEist said:
same here... unusable... always running high on ram after couple of minutes (>600mb!). they need to fix this shit.
It's not even the RAM. It doesn't work well at all. It always needs to be force quit ALWAYS and pages don't work a lot of the time. Especially the about:flags page. I'll stick with 11 until they sort it out. Glad I can have both installed at once.

torontoml

Jzero15 said:
There's a new update
3AQmK.gif

seems like they fixed the experimental tab page a little bit more but it's still buggy
What is supposed to be there, when i turned it on my new tabs had nothing in them?

oneHeero

Can someone help me out. Everytime I highlight something I get this lil popup that always gets in the way of my view. It's like a 4x4 of icons. Search duckgoduck :| search wikipedia, search google ands something else. How can I disable it.

oneHeero said:
Can someone help me out. Everytime I highlight something I get this lil popup that always gets in the way of my view. It's like a 4x4 of icons. Search duckgoduck :| search wikipedia, search google ands something else. How can I disable it.

I googled around, do you have the FastestChrome extension? 90% sure that's the source.

hEist

Jasoco said:
It's not even the RAM. It doesn't work well at all. It always needs to be force quit ALWAYS and pages don't work a lot of the time. Especially the about:flags page. I'll stick with 11 until they sort it out. Glad I can have both installed at once.

yeah same shit here...
i tried the "new dev" version yesterday, it starts and then just crash... wonderful. then i tried stable version's and also normal releases... well. Not working for me, because my profile is to new for this...crashing random times, just by choosing a fav site... god i hate this.

right now, i'm stucked with safari and will wait for new dev release, which will i hope WORK.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

NeoGAF Image Upload is "a just-for-fun extension that adds an 'upload image' button to the new post, new topic, and edit post forms on NeoGAF. Basically, clicking this button allows you to upload an image from your computer, and when it is finished uploading then the URL and IMG BBCodes are inserted into your post automatically. This extension uses Imgur for its image hosting needs."

I now embark on my mission to combine all these extensions together under the name "NeoGAF Gold." Wish me luck!

Ashhong

You are fucking awesome. I recently got the IMGUR uploader and that was perfect for rehosting pictures without saving to my computer first. Now I can even upload pics easily from my computer? You are too much...
3AQmK.gif

PS. the upload image extension doesnt work in quick reply

Jasoco

Banned
Are there any Imgur extensions that will upload to your account? The only ones I've seen so far upload anonymously. I want to upload to my account.

hEist said:
yeah same shit here...
i tried the "new dev" version yesterday, it starts and then just crash... wonderful. then i tried stable version's and also normal releases... well. Not working for me, because my profile is to new for this...crashing random times, just by choosing a fav site... god i hate this.

right now, i'm stucked with safari and will wait for new dev release, which will i hope WORK.
I've never had problems going back to an older version. It sometimes says "Your profile cannot be used because it was created with a newer version" but it's always a bald faced lie because clicking the button to reopen all the previous tabs brings it all back up like nothing ever happened.

Ashhong

Jasoco said:
Are there any Imgur extensions that will upload to your account? The only ones I've seen so far upload anonymously. I want to upload to my account.

I've never had problems going back to an older version. It sometimes says "Your profile cannot be used because it was created with a newer version" but it's always a bald faced lie because clicking the button to reopen all the previous tabs brings it all back up like nothing ever happened.

Imgur Uploader uploads to my account. You just have to be signed in ahead of time.

Jasoco

Banned
I used one once and was logged in but it didn't work right. I'll try again. Which is the best one? I don't want one that's NeoGAF only. I want one I can use from any site that will allow me to upload images from my computer by way of a button in the toolbar or something. Would be nice to be a one-click button that opens an Open dialog, lets me choose one, then uploads it to Imgur and takes me to the images page on the site. (Bonus points if it can somehow copy the UBB code to my clipboard instead.

Thus is my dream Imgur extension.

Ashhong

I've only actually used Imgur Uploader because it fit my needs. All you do is right click a picture, click "Upload to imgur" and then it opens a tab to imgur where you see the upload pic and all the links. I clicked on the top left where it says "Photos" and my image was there, which I THINK means its in my user account?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I have to update the Quick Reply extension to work with this one, which I'll have to do a little later unfortunately.

Jasoco said:

Yeah, the authenticated API allows for it I think. But that's opening up a whole can of OAuth and I was mostly focused on banging this one out. Setting up the "Authorize app" flow is just a bit draining.

That said the extension is open source (see Developer's website on the side) so anyone can add that if they want to.

Jasoco said:
I used one once and was logged in but it didn't work right. I'll try again. Which is the best one? I don't want one that's NeoGAF only. I want one I can use from any site that will allow me to upload images from my computer by way of a button in the toolbar or something. Would be nice to be a one-click button that opens an Open dialog, lets me choose one, then uploads it to Imgur and takes me to the images page on the site. (Bonus points if it can somehow copy the UBB code to my clipboard instead.

Thus is my dream Imgur extension.

I could probably do that but I don't know if it's been done already, plus I'm focusing on GAF Gold now.

ScOULaris

Hey Andrex, any plans to convert these Chrome extensions to Greasemonkey scripts? I have been using Firefox lately, and I'd like to have my smilies. :)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
ScOULaris said:
Hey Andrex, any plans to convert these Chrome extensions to Greasemonkey scripts? I have been using Firefox lately, and I'd like to have my smilies. :)

:( I have no idea how. And I'm having a hard enough time bundling them all together at the moment.

ScOULaris

Andrex said:
:( I have no idea how. And I'm having a hard enough time bundling them all together at the moment.
The smilies one is the only one I would want or need converted. Maybe someone else with a little Javascript know-how could assist? Surely there are Firefox users who would like this functionality.

strange. i have date inputs on a form I've done. i use jquery to validate and submits the date if its a valid UK date format.
firefox , IE, Safari and Opera submit the date as is.
Chrome though won't. it keeps returning invalid format and wants it in USA format. change to that and it goes. put Chrome frame on IE and it does the same thing. so its definitely a Chrome issue.

IGotBillySoSpooked

Low moral character
What is the best way to configure Chrome to delete the browsing history/cache/etc on close? Is there an extension that does this?

The only thing I really want it to save are some cookies.

Andrex said:
Are you using <input type="date">?

No no, that's great! I'm just a bit concerned if you'll keep them updated when I update mine.
Yep. <input type=“date“ id=“myId“ name=“myName“> works fine in every browser aside from chrome or chrome frame.

Has to be a plugin issue somewhere, as it worked previously. not sure if 1.5.1. Borked it or jquery ui

thing is a monster system though built by myself over 2years , runs a whole damned company.
Ill find it. just annoying is all as its a chrome only thing and even works on Android and iOS

Top Bottom