• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google Chrome |OT|

jts

...hate me...
Guys, this is driving me nuts. I can't re-arrange thumbs in the Most visited page anymore. Not having Google as the top left thumbnail makes me want to punch the display every time I click on it by accident when I want to go quickly to Google.

Stable channel, 16.0.912.63, OSX.

daw840

oh, ok. that's mine.

what's happening? do you see the icons? are you on neogaf.com or neogaf.net? (I recently found out this matters)

Neogaf.com

The app site seems to say that there should be a circle arrow thing right next to "thread tools" on the bar at the top of the screen? It's not there.

The extension shows in my preferences though.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
If you open the Chrome Web Insepctor (ctrl + shift + I) and click on the "console" button do you see any javascript errors when you're on a gaf page?

If you look at the URLs to the right of the error, any url that contains "blbfgndoggabppkoehpipfadjelcofmp" or "live.js" is from the Live Thread script.

In all honesty it probably broke in the last gaf update. I don't know what changed and the thing is built on some pretty shaky foundations to begin with so... you know. It works for me and I can't see any obvious problems but you're not the first person to tell me it's broken. I think I'm going to start making a new version soon.

daw840

If you open the Chrome Web Insepctor (ctrl + shift + I) and click on the "console" button do you see any javascript errors when you're on a gaf page?

If you look at the URLs to the right of the error, any url that contains "blbfgndoggabppkoehpipfadjelcofmp" or "live.js" is from the Live Thread script.

I am on a MBP, does that make a difference? I don't know how to do ctrl shift I

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
that's something to do with the ads on the page. I get those a lot.

I don't know what else to suggest. There doesn't seem to be any obvious reason as to why it's not working for you and some others.

I'm just going to go with the theory that the last gaf update broke something for some people and I need to make a new version asap.

sorry :(

---

and if any mods (or Andrex) are reading this, sorry about cluttering up the thread. my bad.

daw840

that's something to do with the ads on the page. I get those a lot.

I don't know what else to suggest. There doesn't seem to be any obvious reason as to why it's not working for you and some others.

I'm just going to go with the theory that the last gaf update broke something for some people and I need to make a new version asap.

sorry :(

---

and if any mods (or Andrex) are reading this, sorry about cluttering up the thread. my bad.

Well, I heard it was cool. I hope you can resolve the issues.

:(

thanks for tryin

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I finally saw the light and downloaded Google Chrome. What are the must have extensions?

Here's what I have so far:
-twitter notifier
-facebook notifier
-adblock
-gmail notifier
-weather app
-display in IE
-the GAF auto-refresh and user highlight
-mouse stroke

Jzero

I finally saw the light and downloaded Google Chrome. What are the must have extensions?

Here's what I have so far:
-twitter notifier
-facebook notifier
-adblock
-gmail notifier
-weather app
-display in IE
-the GAF auto-refresh and user highlight
-mouse stroke
If you are using the Gmail Notifier by Google then i recommend you use this one instead

Is there a way to stop keeping chrome from squashing my tabs when having many? And be able to scroll through them like in Firefox? I have the tendency to have a huge amount of tabs (I try to lessen).

AndyD

aka andydumi
Does anyone else dislike the new Chrome Apps icons? They are so much flatter and simpler than the old ones. They look nice on a small Android screen, but on a big monitor they are too simplified and flat.

It's funny, the latest browser Grand Prix, Tom's Hardware pretty much finds Safari on Mac to be definitely superior than Chrome on Mac.

The thing is, to me, Chrome is what feels perceivably faster. Plus extensions work so much better than with Safari. I definitely get Chrome not being as optimized, though, like in start up time, and hardware acceleration, where Safari absolutely KILLS Chrome on Mac.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Does anyone else dislike the new Chrome Apps icons? They are so much flatter and simpler than the old ones. They look nice on a small Android screen, but on a big monitor they are too simplified and flat.

I agree. Not to mention they had finally standardized almost all of Google's apps and sites on the old icon style, now only a couple have the new style. Inconsistency abounds again. =/

The option I see is worded as if it opens pages in a new tab with left click, and Ctrl-Click / Middle mouse button open pages in the current tab. Just enabled the option to test it and that's how it seems to work for me.
Won't open a new tab with any click for me.

I like them, I think it's a necessary change to work with their new minimalist style.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
The extension that adds titles to youtube video links is amazing. So useful on this forum with so many lazy people posting nothing but a youtube link with no description or even a title. So awesome. Being able to watch the video embedded is pretty awesome as well. Loving Chrome so far!

Does Chrome have a real adblock yet? By real I mean one that actually blocks ads during online videos like at southparkstudios.com and justin.tv

Jasoco

Banned
It's in Beta and requires access to disabled by default API's. Google for Ad Block Experimental Chrome. And in about:flags turn on the option to allow access to unfinished API's and install the CRX.

Can't promise it will block those specific ads. Some sites can get around it, and some will refuse to load the video if you block the ad. And Hulu for example will just show you a black screen with the words "The Ad could not be loaded" that takes as long as the ad would have anyway.

kaskade

The extension that adds titles to youtube video links is amazing. So useful on this forum with so many lazy people posting nothing but a youtube link with no description or even a title. So awesome. Being able to watch the video embedded is pretty awesome as well. Loving Chrome so far!

Is it called Youtube Title Adder? I did a search and that seemed to be what you're talking about. Looks like it could be really helpful.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Fresh install of chrome recently and synced up alot but before I could move cursor over spoilers to reveal themself, now I have to click it to reveal. Is there a way to change that back? Cant seem to find an option I might have ticked.

Fatalah

not really a fan of roboto...i think droid sans looks better.

I speaking of the visual quality of Roboto in Chrome -- it's funkified! The font looks great in IE and Firefox. I'm finding random boxes on that Android style guide link I posted! i.e. ⌧

Is the Google Mail Checker extension broken for anyone else? It has been broken for me for about a week now and I don't know how to fix it. The counter shows a gray ? and stays that way even after I've signed into Gmail.

torontoml

Has the neogaf live thread extension stopped showing up for anyone else, I have it enabled under my extensions but it isn't showing up so that I can click to make it work.

So I've been using Adblock Plus for Chrome for a while. Worked great. Now it just stopped working and I haven't changed any settings. This occur to anybody else?

kehs

Banned
Did Google start using Robot in their webapps? I noticed a font change in the last two weeks, but I wasn't sure if it was just formatting, or actual font change?

Thei's comment has thrown me off.

Madtown_

So I've been using Adblock Plus for Chrome for a while. Worked great. Now it just stopped working and I haven't changed any settings. This occur to anybody else?

Check the settings. They might have started allowing 'unintrusive advertising.' It's can be disabled easily, however.

Top Bottom