• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google Chrome |OT|

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Has the neogaf live thread extension stopped showing up for anyone else, I have it enabled under my extensions but it isn't showing up so that I can click to make it work.

yeah, I think it finally broke. It looks like jQuery is throwing an error somewhere that's causing the script to fail.

I'll try update the extension soon-ish in the marketplace so you get the latest version.

daw840

Question: When I used to use IE and FF I could right click on an image and pull up it's properties to see how large said image is. Can I do that with Chrome?

daw840

you can if you install this extension -> https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/khagclindddokccfbmfmckaflngbmpon

I have no idea why this still isn't built-in. I made that when Chrome was on 5 or 6 thinking they'd eventually replace it.

I bet that my job won't let me do that.

fake edit:

Chrome Web Store
The app is currently unreachable.

This is probably because you can't install things without an admin logon. Although they did let me install Chrome for some reason

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Chrome Web Store
The app is currently unreachable.

try searching for it on the marketplace. It's called "Image Properties context menu" (catchy name, I know)

I don't think you need an admin account to install extensions but I could be wrong :|

goodfella

So I've been using Adblock Plus for Chrome for a while. Worked great. Now it just stopped working and I haven't changed any settings. This occur to anybody else?

This happened to me a couple of weeks ago, to fix it I had to completely uninstall the extension from Chrome, then download it again and it worked fine.

daw840

try searching for it on the marketplace. It's called "Image Properties context menu" (catchy name, I know)

I don't think you need an admin account to install extensions but I could be wrong :|

Hmmm, same error when trying to go straight to the app store.

Not really sure where to put this (is there no Windows thread on GAF?) but I just found out about Two Finger Scroll. Holy shit this thing is amazing. Basically it fixes the bafflingly horrid scrolling of (most?) Synaptics trackpads letting you easily scroll with two fingers like you can on a Macbook. And you can customize the speed & acceleration and some other stuff.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
How can I get chrome to scroll smoothly when using the middle mouse button? It currently is very juttery.

there's flag that enables smooth scrolling

type about:flags into the address bar and look for "Smooth Scrolling"

I don't know if it's available on every channel but it's been on dev for while now.

Dragon

Banned
I'm on the stable Linux version 16 and ran into quite an annoyance.

I'm a programmer and for some reason Chrome decided to not update any values for text fields in an HTML form. It just flat out refused, even after a restart. I spent an hour (yay 60 bucks!) trying to track down where in my code the bug was, but it was the fucking browser. Suffice to say I was not pleased!!!

there's flag that enables smooth scrolling

type about:flags into the address bar and look for "Smooth Scrolling"

I don't know if it's available on every channel but it's been on dev for while now.

Hmmm, my question wasn't exactly clear I see. I meant scolling by keeping the middle mouse button pressed. It also seems to pause a bit when scrolling past images. It seems to be rendering thing or something.

Madtown_

Um.... Why else would you?

1. I use it at work for multiple logins on the same site. Multiple emails at the same time, they don't allow you to have two signed in at once.

2. Using someone else's computer, or a public computer. Don't need your shit/passwords/history to be found/stolen/etc.

Extensions being disabled by default, for starters.
That, too. Can't say that's a factor for me though.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Um.... Why else would you?

I use it when searching google for something on GAF. Google's search result page numbers are based on the 50 post per page default. If google says it's on page 3, and I click the link while logged in, it brings me to the third 100 post page instead. So I always "open in incognito window" to find the right post.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Is there an option to have a search bar on here, a la Firefox? Also, is there a greasemonkey equivalent?

the search bar is the address bar and that's never changing. So no, there's no options for that.

and greasemonkey is built-in. Just load a file ending .user.js and it will install it like an extension.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I disagree, I don't find it better than having a separate search box, with all of my favorite engines a click away.

All your favorite engines are two keystrokes away in Chrome. Since you have to type out your search term anyways, I find Chrome's solution much better.

Cool. Thanks guys. Also, do I need Tampermonkey? Just downloaded it. Does it add any functionality over stock Chrome .user.js file handling? Or is it just bloatware?

Mengetsu

Anyone having problems lately with there Adobe Flash Player crashing? Everytime I use youtube it seems to freeze and then crash chrome.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'm on the HTML5 test so I'm not affected. :D

Although the player has grown in size for some reason...

Top Bottom