• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google Chrome |OT|

Reckoner

Is the bookmark star any different for you people or am I the only one seeing this star that looks like it came from the sea?

Izick

I actually like the star icon too, I just dislike the page. I think the lock icon that replaces the page for "secure sites" also looks better. Not sure why they haven't changed the wrench, forward/back or refresh buttons yet. I hope they change the page soon.

It's kind of weird that Firefox has overtaken Chrome in some ways with the look of the GUI. Chrome is still smoother though.

Derrick01

Banned
The page icon replaced the globe icon beside regular URLs? Not a fan of it, looks-wise.

I just noticed this today and it has been driving me nuts. I came to this thread to ask about it.

It's funny how I don't notice these small things until they get changed on me then it's all I can see.

Mr Swine

Banned
Ugh, Chrome has been acting weird this past 2 days, sites won't load as they should. If they do I can't do anything but reload the page to start surfing around. I think I'm going to uninstall Chrome and reinstall it and see if it goes away

davidnic

Ugh, Chrome has been acting weird this past 2 days, sites won't load as they should. If they do I can't do anything but reload the page to start surfing around. I think I'm going to uninstall Chrome and reinstall it and see if it goes away

Have you try clearing the cache? It could help...

So Chrome just crashed, and upon booting it back up it was no longer signed into my Google Account. So I signed back in no problem, but now my entire history is gone. Sites I frequent no longer pop up when you type a little of the name into the address bar, and all the little icons that show up next to the website are gone. Anyway to fix this?

Now every time I close and open Chrome I get this:

pj7D4.png

Any ideas? I'm signed into my Google Account according to the preferences tab.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Possible fix: Stop using a Mac.

:p

hey, you're obnoxious!

Blu_LED - do you sync your profile with google's servers? if so, delete your profile folder, relaunch chrome and enter your sync info again to bring back your extensions, bookmarks, etc.

andthebeatgoeson

I thought you were crazy when I saw this a few days ago but I just checked. My chrome is slow as fuck. Clearing my cache now.

Non-edit: And that worked. For Chrome 21, clear ur cache. I wasn't able to load anything quickly. Sites were taking 2-3 minutes to load, or not load at all. I tried IE and it was working fast. Google should do something about that. I thought our internet was just wonky, reset my router.

Posting from IE (eww).

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
The only time I've had that message is when I would switch between channels all the time. The fix is to delete the profile in your Library and reconnect. It will redownload most stuff excluding extension settings. That stuff is kept in a folder that you can backup and reuse when you reinstall if you want. Else you'll have to reset everything up. I do wish it would back everything up and automatically recover itself from errors like this by deleting and replacing the folder when problems arise.

Ambitious

I've got a bunch of pictures (many of them being reaction gifs) saved as bookmarks, as this is probably the quickest way to get their URLs, compared to storing them at min.us or elsewhere. As their number has grown, it now takes too long to find the ones I want - is there a Chrome extension that lets me browse my bookmarks visually?

Tokubetsu

I've got a bunch of pictures (many of them being reaction gifs) saved as bookmarks, as this is probably the quickest way to get their URLs, compared to storing them at min.us or elsewhere. As their number has grown, it now takes too long to find the ones I want - is there a Chrome extension that lets me browse my bookmarks visually?

Really? This is quicker than having a folder labeled "Response Gifs" at minus?

(._.)

Banned
guys I need your help. Why is audio not working for me in flash? ANy flash content has no audio. I've fucked around with some of my plug ins and I have like 2 versions of shockwave installed. ughh IDK what I'm saying. Is there anything I could of pressed on the keyboard that disabled it? Just help me get audio back in chrome PLEASE :(

Youtube videos are stuttering for me. Anyone else getting this?

I had that a few updates ago. It went away after an update. Either try restarting it or reinstalling.

Because of that, before it was fixed, I was using it and firefox at the same time for a while. Now I have them both opened all the time because Chrome has been misbehaving more and more for me lately. Facebook won't work right. Videos are running like shit. I really hate it too, because I love Chrome.

Ambitious

Really? This is quicker than having a folder labeled "Response Gifs" at minus?

So far, yes indeed.
But the matter's settled, I wrote one by myself:

Gotta do something about the image dimensions and maybe change the background..

edit: Ugh, didn't even notice how blurry the background image is

Grinchy

Banned
I'm trying Chrome out again because I'm not thrilled with Firefox lately. I went back thru the past 500 posts to see if anyone had brought this up yet and didn't see anything.

Can I get rid of this stupid search bar somehow?

stupidbarv6p7w.png

sangreal

Youtube videos are stuttering for me. Anyone else getting this?

I had this problem with flash videos. I went to chrome://plugins and there were 3 flash plugins running. I disabled the 2 internal ones and left the macromedia one enabled. Fixed the problem for me

I'm trying Chrome out again because I'm not thrilled with Firefox lately. I went back thru the past 500 posts to see if anyone had brought this up yet and didn't see anything.

stupidbarv6p7w.png

what the heck is that?

Shepard

stupidbarv6p7w.png

Go to tools -> extensions and see if you can disable it from there. Besides that, go to add and remove programs on Windows and unninstall it.

Grinchy

Banned
Go to tools -> extensions and see if you can disable it from there. Besides that, go to add and remove programs on Windows and unninstall it.

Thanks! That did it. I didn't even know what the hell it was. I'm not really used to Chrome. I kept right clicking the bar and trying to disable it in those settings.

Shepard

Thanks! That did it. I didn't even know what the hell it was. I'm not really used to Chrome. I kept right clicking the bar and trying to disable it in those settings.

Glad to help! Probably got installed in your PC together with another program, lots of them have the option to install an internet toolbar checked by default in their installers, and you have to uncheck it to avoid them.

Grinchy

Banned
Glad to help! Probably got installed in your PC together with another program, lots of them have the option to install an internet toolbar checked by default in their installers, and you have to uncheck it to avoid them.

It's just weird that it was never on my Firefox. I'm also usually careful about not letting programs install these dumb search bars. But whatever, it's gone now!

Mully

How's Chrome on iOS? I just got it off the App Store with the hope that it will run better than Safari on my iPhone 4S.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
How's Chrome on iOS? I just got it off the App Store with the hope that it will run better than Safari on my iPhone 4S.

It's probably going to be about the same because every web browser on iOS has to use the same core that Safari uses.

LogicStep

I'm trying out Chrome in an attempt to run away from these damn crashes I keep getting. I'm checking the webstore and I really like what they did with that. I downloaded tweetdeck for chrome and I have one thing I don't like in it, the color scheme. Any way to change it? Also, must I keep firefox around to download videos from youtube? Seems like there's no app for that since it seems Google doesn't allow it.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Also, must I keep firefox around to download videos from youtube? Seems like there's no app for that since it seems Google doesn't allow it.

there's a bunch of userscripts that will do the trick (like this one)

I made an extension that lets you swap the youtube video player for the native video player built into chrome. If you do that you can just right-click the video and choose "Save as..."

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dolajcekhnohkpncmhgledbmndjpblei

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
The script didn't seem to work at all.

did it install? I think you have to manually install userscripts now.

download the .js file
open chrome://extensions
drag the .js file from your computer onto the extension page

But the extension works great, thanks!

np. It's not exactly what you wanted but it does the same thing with a few extra steps

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
So I've uninstalled and reinstalled chrome and done the same with flash.

Yet nearly every youtube video I go to doesn't have sound and freezes up 11 seconds in. It's so frustrating has anyone experienced this and found a resolution to the issue?

Top Bottom