• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google Chrome |OT|

G-Pink

I will say, for all the GIF freezing I've been having, it DOES occasionally output some amusing results.

ibmLxxHAm7HKBD.jpg

Ashhong

Hey guys, my Chrome flash player is having some problems. Basically I can't hear anything from it unless my headphones are in. I looked for this Pepperflash player but I don't have it installed apparently. Any other ideas?

I'm sure this has been raised before, but Youtube runs like shit in Chrome. Most player features don't work, it lags like crazy, crashes outright a lot of the time. I've tried enabling and disabling Flash plugins, nothing seems to work.

Shepard

why does youtube.com not work in Chrome but www.youtube.com does? Is this something with my DNS settings?? or Chrome?

Not Chrome, both work just fine here.

I'm sure this has been raised before, but Youtube runs like shit in Chrome. Most player features don't work, it lags like crazy, crashes outright a lot of the time. I've tried enabling and disabling Flash plugins, nothing seems to work.

Sure you aren't using an extension that might be causing this? I also have no problems with youtube videos apart from randomly being put in a slower server, but that isn't Chrome's fault.

Cyrillus

So in addition to the awesome checkerboard pattern of "I haven't loaded yet" that seems to have been implemented a few builds back, I now have tabs continuing to eat more and more memory, until they get to about 1GB, and then become really slow to load a page, or unresponsive.

Here's a screen grab of the browser task manager from a couple minutes ago:
Rcc41.png

I'm typing this post inside that tab, and even the text I'm typing is lagging and sputtering to show up in the text field as I type it. I've tried disabling all extensions, but that doesn't seem to do anything. The browser itself is a recent re-install.

I don't want to go to another browser because I like having history, tabs, passwords, extensions, etc., synced between browsers at work and home, as well as on my phone and tablet, but I'm really starting to get fed up with this shit performance.

Everdred

Memory goes up like that on mine if I use the same tab all day long, like it just keeps piling up. If I close the tab and do a new one it resets it.

So in addition to the awesome checkerboard pattern of "I haven't loaded yet" that seems to have been implemented a few builds back, I now have tabs continuing to eat more and more memory, until they get to about 1GB, and then become really slow to load a page, or unresponsive.

Rcc41.png

I'm typing this post inside that tab, and even the text I'm typing is lagging and sputtering to show up in the text field as I type it. I've tried disabling all extensions, but that doesn't seem to do anything. The browser itself is a recent re-install.

I don't want to go to another browser because I like having history, tabs, passwords, extensions, etc., synced between browsers at work and home, as well as on my phone and tablet, but I'm really starting to get fed up with this shit performance.

Are you on chrome canary cos it has all these features.

strafer

Rcc41.png

Damn, and I thought mine was bad.

Yea gaf does that on chrome for me to, has been happening for the last 3 months or so. The page just gets extremely sluggish and you have to close the tab. Very annoying.

Jzero

http://i.imgur.com/Rcc41.png[/im]

I don't want to go to another browser because I like having history, tabs, passwords, extensions, etc., synced between browsers at work and home, as well as on my phone and tablet, but I'm really starting to get fed up with this shit performance.[/quote]
I hate that checkerboard patter so freaken much.

Cyrillus

Are you on chrome canary cos it has all these features.
I'm not sure what features you're referring to? You mean fixes to the memory leaks and the awful checkerboard pattern? Or are you referring to the extensions I have installed being included in the Canary build? If it's the latter, I don't really care, but if it's the former I'll be trying canary tonight.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Whatever Google is doing for automated test isn't cutting it. I mean that GB memory leak above? That's a fundamental lack of test coverage.

Silverlight crashes on me every other day for a few hours of netflixing. That and gifs still not working because Chrome.

Holy shit, Chrome on my Galaxy S2 is the worst browser I had. The scrolling is shitty, the browser keeps crashing on me, sometimes making me lose lengthy typed comments and worst of all... When I press the back button to delete some words or letters the thing deletes the letter after the line and not before, everything becomes a mess because of it.

I'll just stick to my Dolphin browser. Its a shame because it is fast.

longdi

Banned
seems with the latest chrome on android, it is no longer crashing with my s2! so far no locking up when switching between chrome and other apps and bringing up the keyboard!

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Anyone else getting this while trying to use voice search on iOS?
A) Does it happen every time?

B) Does it do the same thing in the Google app?

C) Does normal iOS6 voice recognition still work? (Remember that Google's microphone uses their own service. The one on the keyboard uses Apple's service.)

D) Does Siri work? (If applicable)

Quick

Banned
I didn't get much help in the Best of iOS thread, so I figured I'd ask here:

Is it possible to toggle spoilers on/off on GAF, similar to how you're able to do so in Safari with a bookmarklet?

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
A) Does it happen every time?

B) Does it do the same thing in the Google app?

C) Does normal iOS6 voice recognition still work? (Remember that Google's microphone uses their own service. The one on the keyboard uses Apple's service.)

D) Does Siri work? (If applicable)
A) Seemingly only after I play video or use the mic with another app.
B) Nope, Google app has no issues.
C)Yes the native voice recognition works fine
D) See C.

Its really random, I hope they fix it in the next update.

i-Lo

Okay, so the new Youtube interface has shifted the video player on screen to the left as if the screen was zoomed out of. Anyone else facing the same issue?

Croc

Banned
Is there anyway to stop bookmarks from auto-completing in the search bar when I type things? It seems kind of unnecessary since I just go to my bookmarks from the actual bar.

Dreaver

Since a few weeks (months?) I have been experiencing some kind of weird "green screen" crashes on video players (Youtube and Vimeo) on the web. After a random amount of time the player simply crashes, it all goes screen and it "scrolls" very quickly to the end. Reloading the page doesn't fix it.

I tried turning on and off the hardware acceleration of the flash settings (right click on the video). I also can't update Flash because it's build-in Chrome.

I have the problem in Internet Explorer as well, so it's not purely a Chrome issue but I guess it's worth a shot.

Does anyone know the solution? It's really annoying!

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Chrome has suddenly been crashing non-stop this morning. No new plug-ins, no unusual applications running, just browsing the same sites I do every single day. Anyone know what's causing this and how to fix it?

htn77.jpg

longdi

Banned
seems with the latest chrome on android, it is no longer crashing with my s2! so far no locking up when switching between chrome and other apps and bringing up the keyboard!

well google definitely fixed their chrome for android, no issues after weeks of testing! it feels better than samsung stock browser, life's complete

I've disabled my Gmail plugin and didn't have any crashes since then.
Could be just luck, I guess, but it looks like Gmail is the culprit.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Yeah, Gmail just came back. Let's hope that's the end of that.

Guess we should see a hotfix for the Google Talk plugin soon.

Oyashiro

Does anyone notice really slow buffering on YouTube videos? Im using the latest beta build. I have a really fast connection (University) but videos take forever to buffer in 720p.

Jzero

Are some images on Facebook not showing up for you guys in the Beta ?

Edit: Never mind they're not showing up on Internet Explorer 10 either. It must be their servers.

Top Bottom