• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google Chrome |OT|

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Chrome Beta craziness

If you search in the omnibox, the resulting Google page doesn't have a search box in it anymore. It's all relying on the built in Chrome page.

New tab page now has a Google search built in, but no longer has "Reopen closed tabs" built in.

I don't know how I feel yet.

Chrome Beta craziness

If you search in the omnibox, the resulting Google page doesn't have a search box in it anymore. It's all relying on the built in Chrome page.

New tab page now has a Google search built in, but no longer has "Reopen closed tabs" built in.

I am on the dev version and I still see the search box?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Chrome Beta craziness

Yeah, been coming for a while. Don't know how I feel about it. What if they navigate to Google Search from another Google property or site? It's going to be super inconsistent and probably confusing.

The minimalist in me loves the idea, though.

I don't get the point of cluttering things up with another search box, the entire point of the Omnibox is to just have everything in one place. Also, seems counter to their idea of having the search items in the Omnibox itself... if you search from the new tab page, do your search items just jump into the Omnibox? Urgh.

Couldn't care less about the Recently close tabs thing, I just use Ctrl+H and Ctrl+Shift+T.

Pctx

Banned
I opened my browser today and all my extensions are not showing up or got deleted. Also my color theme disappeared. Chrome is now showing the original theme.

Any idea what happened?

I had the exact same thing happen to me a few days ago. I'm wondering if an update borked something and generated a new profile.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Anyone have any suggestions for something like SpeedDial2, but, well, not as half broken as it likes to be now and then, but also ties into my actual bookmarks? Whether it is blocks with website images or just a nice looking page full of my bookmarks, I just want something that works, is light, and doesn't either randomly break or requires me to buy in for syncing something that comes built in already.

Doesn't help the Chrome extension search is rather lame, and the default new tab page on Chrome is pretty ugly.

Dwayne

Out of nowhere i'm getting an issue where i'll start to load a page and then get redirected to facebook. Seen a few other people mention it on other forums in the last hour.

Some sites that affect me:
mmafighting.com
nzgamer.com
cnn.com

Apparently you can workaround it by signing out of facebook or using incognito mode. Anyone else having this issue?

edit: apparently blocking connect.facebook.com with ScriptSafe also works

I wish Chrome would automagically open unwanted popups in a new tab rather than a new window. I'm guessing there are addons/extensions to handle this, but I'd like the browser to do it natively.

Not sure which version it was fixed in, but they seem to have finally resolved the text issues.

Yay

Edit: No they didn't. I forgot that I had a workaround in place :/

I just installed Chrome for the first time. I'm assuming the OP is up to date?
I was going to read through it thoroughly, and then ask questions if I have any.

I'm so used to Firefox's extensions, but it chugs with certain types of websites, Justintv being one example, so I felt like I need to experiment with another browser.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I just installed Chrome for the first time. I'm assuming the OP is up to date?
I was going to read through it thoroughly, and then ask questions if I have any.

I'm so used to Firefox's extensions, but it chugs with certain types of websites, Justintv being one example, so I felt like I need to experiment with another browser.

I wrote most of it to be timeless so it should still be up to date. I update the version numbers whenever a new stable is released but otherwise it's mostly untouched.

Kokonoe

Banned
Ever since a few days ago I've lost my restore what I last did button that would appear if I dragged my mouse over to the right on the chrome dashboard. Now it just shows bookmarks and applications, is there any way to fix this? thanks.

wy9ta1c.png

Baconbitz

Banned
Anyone having trouble with Crome (OSX) loading avatars on gaf? I thought it was this extension that added a them to gaf that was doing it so I disabled that but it still wont load. It gives me that broken image. Any suggestions?

Edit: Mine, and Bigmit3737's avatars load.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Anybody use Adblock Plus ?

It doesn't seem to show the icon in address bar anymore. I have it checked in the options menu. Very strange. I'm on OSX 25.0.1364.99

And just to make this clear: I do not block ads on neogaf.

Cake Boss

Banned
Help, new issue with this craptastic browser, the sound on a youtube video goes nuts and has some type of distortion.

I googled it and disabled the flash plugins like some have suggested, but still have distorted sound on youtube videos only. Other browsers have no problem, and other flash based video sites work just fine, except for Youtube.

Zeppu

I'll call this awesome if you can individually mute tabs and i'd call this super awesome if I can configure the BBC iPlayer tab to always output from my secondary output.

kaskade

Man, Chrome has been shitting out on me on OS X. Full on crashes and quits out. Up until I updated I never really had a problem.

kehs

Banned
Looks like they fixed whatever fucking issue they had with fonts with this update.

As well as auto correct for text fields.

Still no flash though fucking lazy assholes.

Android chrome in talking about.

kehs

Banned
Flash is Adobe's property and they stopped developing it for mobile devices months ago. It won't be back.

It's coming, you just wait and see!

This new version of chrome seems the same as the last, performance wise.

This will never change until android gets rid of their virtual machine setup.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Actually I noticed scrolling on GAF is much smoother. Too smooth actually, it goes so fast I keep having to mentally readjust.
KuGsj.gif
I had actually gotten used to the slow, choppy scrolling.

Top Bottom