• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google+ |OT| A New Social Network

Higgy

I made a photo album and named it Jamaica trip then hit save but I must have done something wrong because it named it today's date. Anyone know how to edit the name?

survivor

Banned
New Gmail looks pretty awesome. Will need some time to get used to it, but it seems to be going in the right direction. Now only major services left for a makeover are Picasa and Docs. Do it fast Google.

wario

does anyone else still have a white navigation bar in gmail?

it's black for all the other google programs but for some reason it switches to white for gmail.

survivor

Banned
wario said:

it's black for all the other google programs but for some reason it switches to white for gmail.
They are waiting to roll over the new UI changes. It will make it black.

SimleuqiR

wario said:

Do you have a theme for it? On my apps accounts it's black...but I have an android theme on my personal account and its white.

wario

SimleuqiR said:
Do you have a theme for it? On my apps accounts it's black...but I have an android theme on my personal account and its white.

that's what i thought it was too. but i changed my other account's theme to the same one as my regular account and the bar is black for one and white for the other.

wario said:
that's what i thought it was too. but i changed my other account's theme to the same one as my regular account and the bar is black for one and white for the other.
it should be black now. idk. mine is black. it was white like minutes ago lol.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Achtius said:
Calender changed for me, but not gmail XD
You have to manually change your Gmail theme to the preview version if you want it. They're rolling it out to everyone in the next few months.

Achtius

zesty said:
You have to manually change your Gmail theme to the preview version if you want it. They're rolling it out to everyone in the next few months.

Cool. But the bar is dark gray in gmail, but black in calender o_O

SimleuqiR

wario said:
Oh, OK. The new gmail looks exactly like the gmail app on honeycomb.

movie_club

Salvor.Hardin said:
Welp. I don't personally know anyone on it so my circles are pretty empty. Feel free to add me by searching Ahmad Sultan of University of Glasgow.
Just because of your avatar I am adding you!!

wario

Nakazato said:
anyone know how to share invites wanna to help some more gaffers get in

you can just share/post something to any gmail addy. they'll receive an email to view/comment and "learn more about google+".

survivor

Banned
jvalioli said:
My personal circles are pretty empty too.

addy is "removed personal info". I'll probably edit out those details later.
I have added you.

If you guys don't know anyone personally who uses the service, you should join the massive Reddit invite party. You can easily get 50+ people added and try G+ to its maximum potential.

couple issues currently.

when using it on safari on my iphone, creating a message for the first time automatically says 'to all circles', instead of 'no circles' and making you add who to talk to. subsequent messages defaulted to my previous choice.

friends. it seems it takes a while for a thumbnail to generate and to link profiles to the emails i used originally to invite them?

JABEE

How exactly does the invite system work for those receiving an invite? I can't seem to find a way to login. Do you have to receive an email through Gmail and what does the invite look like? I think I received one, but it keeps saying over capacity and I don't see an option to view or comment that will allow me to sign up.

wario

JABEE said:
How exactly does the invite system work for those receiving an invite? I can't seem to find a way to login. Do you have to receive an email through Gmail and what does the invite look like? I think I received one, but it keeps saying over capacity and I don't see an option to view or comment that will allow me to sign up.

you'll receive an email where you can either click on a link that says "view or comment on XXXXXXX's share" or click on a big red button that says "learn more about google+".

if you get to a page where you see your first and last name displayed in an input text box.... you're in.

survivor

Banned
UltimaPooh said:
Fixed.

Think you can take my name out of that quote you made so I can delete it later?
Tried searching but it didn't work. I think it takes time for Google to start listing your profile since I just tried making mine public and I haven't been able to search for my profile. I will try again in an hour or so. I already removed your name from my quote.

JABEE

wario said:
you'll receive an email where you can either click on a link that says "view or comment on XXXXXXX's share" or click on a big red button that says "learn more about google+".

if you get to a page where you see your first and last name displayed in an input text box.... you're in.
I'm not getting my first and last name. I'm either getting over capacity or Post by mario

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't made my profile all pretty yet, but if I were to post a link would everyone friend me?
Or is that ill advised, GAF being public and all.

I want to be friends with all the Android peeps so we can argue through videochat.

survivor

Banned
Jtwo said:
I haven't made my profile all pretty yet, but if I were to post a link would everyone friend me?
Or is that ill advised, GAF being public and all.

I want to be friends with all the Android peeps so we can argue through videochat.
I don't see the harms of posting a link. It's not like anyone can spam you. But if you want to be safe you can just link us your profile page by PM and we can add you.

Fireblend said:
How are you guys inviting people? Whats the exploit? Theres a couple of friends Id like to invite...
What I do is share a link, video, photo or status--just stick their email in.

Just got my profile up and running.

Its my first real social network (have a facebook and twitter but never did anything on them) and I have absolutely no clue what to do.

Looks nice though.

JABEE

06nbarnhill said:
Just got my profile up and running.

Its my first real social network (have a facebook and twitter but never did anything on them) and I have absolutely no clue what to do.

Looks nice though.
Did you just get in? How long did it take to get past the over capacity screen?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
JABEE said:
Did you just get in? How long did it take to get past the over capacity screen?
I got the over capacity screen for about 20 hours after I got my initial invite. I think really do just have to wait it out, Google will make good on all the invites with time.

Top Bottom