• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google+ |OT| A New Social Network

Vinci

Danish
ZephyrFate said:
I would like to hope that all the people adding me on G+ from GAF actually know who I am. I don't really want randoms on my G+.

I know who you are.

Have I added you yet? *eyes you*

For what it's worth, it's pretty easy to handle the large number of GAF people. Just click on the side for Friends posts or Family posts, or whatever. The ability to separate things out like that is really nice.

Vinci said:
I know who you are.

Have I added you yet? *eyes you*

For what it's worth, it's pretty easy to handle the large number of GAF people. Just click on the side for Friends posts or Family posts, or whatever. The ability to separate things out like that is really nice.
I am Miles Cressman on G+.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
When someone adds you on G+, it means that they put you on a circle, right?

Does it take a while to update who has put you on a circle on your profile?

ocadman

Has anyone read anything about circle groups or shared circles or I don't know how to call it, something like a universal circle where once you're in it, you're in it?

_dementia said:
Try adding it again, maybe it was a glitch

Tried it multiple times...well that proved to be useless (the chat, not G+). If I can't auto add people then...I can't really chat with any of my friends. Wonder why it doesn't work

Big Chungus

I got an invite from my cousin who lives in South America, I accepted it but everything is in spanish.

Is there anyway to change the language of Google+?

kehs

Banned
Marius_ said:
well thats odd, am I being trolled

Why?

You'll get a notification you've been put in a circle, but you won't get a notification when you've been dropped from a circle.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Copernicus said:
Why?

You'll get a notification you've been put in a circle, but you won't get a notification when you've been dropped from a circle.

Nah, I added myself(yes I created two profiles) and the number didnt change,
My e-peen is not satisfied

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
since there are a lot more people on now, any gaffers that know me on gaf send me your name and i'll add you to the relevant circle

kehs

Banned
AstroLad said:
since there are a lot more people on now, any gaffers that know me on gaf send me your name and i'll add you to the relevant circle

I hope you have me in the Facebook > G+ circle.

Number45

iamvin22 said:
How do you get on the GAF page?
There isn't a centrally controlled circle - just create one of your own and add GAF people to it.

I don't think they've gone as far as adding centrally controlled groups yet, I'm sure it'll come later.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
iamvin22 said:
How do you get on the GAF page?
INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Finally got in, wow. Thanks!
Now to figure out how to get in the GAF circle?!
They aren't like Facebook groups. They are how you categorize people, the channels through which you share things only with those whom it is relevant. Essentially it is like Labels in Gmail applied to social networking, including the ability for one person to be in multiple circles.

kehs

Banned
For you guys with android phones, a really easy way to share your gaf circle is to start a GAF Huddle and only invite your gaf circle.

Everyone in the huddle will have access to your circle list, and you can add then en masse real easily. Then anybody inside the huddle can invite their gaf circle to the huddle and list will grow.

I added like 60 people all at once last time.

wario said:

Thank you!

Dice said:
They aren't like Facebook groups. They are how you categorize people, the channels through which you share things only with those whom it is relevant. Essentially it is like Labels in Gmail applied to social networking, including the ability for one person to be in multiple circles.

Gotcha, makes sense now.

Cudder

Copernicus said:
For you guys with android phones, a really easy way to share your gaf circle is to start a GAF Huddle and only invite your gaf circle.

Everyone in the huddle will have access to your circle list, and you can add then en masse real easily. Then anybody inside the huddle can invite their gaf circle to the huddle and list will grow.

I added like 60 people all at once last time.
Is there a limit to how many ppl can be in a huddle?

kehs

Banned
Cudder said:
Is there a limit to how many ppl can be in a huddle?

I don't believe so....but I've seen someone mention something about 10 active people at a time...but that doesn't seem right.

JTwo: is that gaf huddle still going on?

Cudder

The android app is fantastic. I didn't realize but it also installs a seperate Huddle app so you can launch into a huddle convo straight from the homescreen instead of going through the G+ app.

Also, the Huddle feature NEEDS to be in other OS version of the apps, kinda pointless if it's not. I don't know what to do with Gtalk now, they either need to get rid of it or just combine it somehow into one central texting/messaging app. If they expand on Huddles, it can be Google's "iMessage" or BBM.

The photo instant upload is great too! :)

Nightz

Copernicus said:
I don't believe so....but I've seen someone mention something about 10 active people at a time...but that doesn't seem right.

JTwo: is that gaf huddle still going on?
The instructions say that you can add up to 50 people in a huddle. The 10 active people are for Hangouts I believe.

Cudder said:
The android app is fantastic. I didn't realize but it also installs a seperate Huddle app so you can launch into a huddle convo straight from the homescreen instead of going through the G+ app.

Also, the Huddle feature NEEDS to be in other OS version of the apps, kinda pointless if it's not. I don't know what to do with Gtalk now, they either need to get rid of it or just combine it somehow into one central texting/messaging app. If they expand on Huddles, it can be Google's "iMessage" or BBM.

The photo instant upload is great too! :)

I really hope they support other phone OS implementations as well as Android--really want this on WP7. I would think they'd have to, if they want this to be a legit competitor to Facebook in terms of usage.

Aurarian

Has anyone been having problems with chat? It says I'm online right now but my friends don't see me and they can see each other. I'm using Firefox.

BTW: they have added me on their circles and I just tried on Chrome with similar results.

JackEtc

ocadman said:
Only 50? Google has to step their game up.
ocadman said:
step their game up.

marcus-rivers-psp-step-your-game-up.jpg

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Zoramon089 said:
Does this adding circles to gchat thing take a long time? I did it a couple days ago and nothing's happened

Well, do you know if anyone in the circles you've added to your chat list has added you to theirs? It's not enough that you just add them (which should be obvious if you think about it).

Another thing I just found out: I've been wondering why I've only been getting push notifications about new Huddle messages to my phone, and not about anything else (have only been getting those when launching the app). Turns out to have to go to the Google+ settings (in your desktop browser) and enable the other types of notifications you want pushed to your phone. For some reason they're all (except for Huddle messages) disabled by default, unlike e-mail notifications.

Marius_ said:
Nah, I added myself(yes I created two profiles) and the number didnt change,
My e-peen is not satisfied
You son of a b, you added me with your dummy profile didn't you? Suppose I should delete it then.

Top Bottom