• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google+ |OT| A New Social Network

kehs

Banned
Has anyone found a way to look at all your muted post in one place?

I know if you navigate to a person's profile, you'll see anything you muted, but that's a really bad way to find those posts.

Achtius

Weird. I tried taking a photo from google plus app, but the picture didn't show until i did it manually on the google plus website.

Edit: Hmm...I think I need to take the picture, let it upload to google instant, THEN post.
Sorta lame if true.

Well, never got any of the email invites from yesterday so not sure if it's working at this time with non-gmail accounts (I use Yahoo).

BUT I just went to the site and managed to get in anyway! I had one of my co-workers just try it like 1 minute after me and it was already closed off for him. Anyway, time to check this baby out. I'll have to create a GAF circle :)

kehs

Banned
panda21 said:
so you can use this to follow people like twitter right? i want to follow some of the whiskey media crew, but I just found Jeff and it says only 2 people have him in their circles?!

https://plus.google.com/112720115551116828016/posts

i wouldnt add him on facebook because that would be creepy but is it cool to use it like a twitter thing?

Yup.

Regarding the amount of people that have him in circles, that's not a true count. Between all the different visibility settings people can have some will show, and some wont. It's all up to the people that added him to a circle. I have the option to let others see who I added to circles at my discretion.

Achtius

Bricfa said:
So I just invited some people using the invite button, but didn't add them to a cirlce? Any way to fix that?

Move them in the circle manually?
Or you mean the person is not there to select? Just add their email again I guess.

panda21

Copernicus said:
Yup.

Regarding the amount of people that have him in circles, that's not a true count. Between all the different visibility settings people can have some will show, and some wont. It's all up to the people that added him to a circle. I have the option to let others see who I added to circles at my discretion.

cool. how do you change the options for who can see who is in your circles?

kehs

Banned
panda21 said:
cool. how do you change the options for who can see who is in your circles?

Go to your own profile, edit profile, and on the left hand side under your picture youll see the circles.

Right now they are testing two different settings, so you may have simple options or more expansive options.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Is there a definitive Chrome extension yet?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Also, if you auto upload a phone camera picture, how can I share it? I don't mean share to G+. I mean to download it or grab the img url so I can pop it into imgur and share it on somewhere like GAF.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Bboy AJ said:
Also, if you auto upload a phone camera picture, how can I share it? I don't mean share to G+. I mean to download it or grab the img url so I can pop it into imgur and share it on somewhere like GAF.

If you go to the Picasaweb site, all of your Instant Uploads will be in an album. Click the one you want to share, then click "Link to this Photo" on the right side of the page.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Bboy AJ said:

Try this:

Open the image up in the lightbox (pop-up image viewer), right click it, and copy the image URL. It might look something like this: https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-...AAmU/GYyeAasxFeU/s800/IMG_20110704_052349.jpg

Now, see the "s800" part of the URL? Change that into "s0", and you'll get the full-res image (the number sets the width of the image - you can set it to anything you like, but 0 gives you the original size). Like this: https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-...AAAAmU/GYyeAasxFeU/s0/IMG_20110704_052349.jpg

zesty said:
If you go to the Picasaweb site, all of your Instant Uploads will be in an album. Click the one you want to share, then click "Link to this Photo" on the right side of the page.

That gives you the same direct link URL as my much, much faster method. ;)

kehs

Banned
Bboy AJ said:

Why not just upload directly to imgur from the phone?

Bboy AJ

RoadHazard, nice! Thanks!

Copernicus: Because I don't want to have to take my phone out of my pocket again.

snack

Google-Plus-vs-Facebook-Billiards.gif

eznark

Banned
Copernicus said:
Google is going after an interesting celebrity circle, Alyssa Milano, Ashton Kutcher, Lance Armstrong...
Lance Armstrong is sure to juice interest. I'm sure his being there will enhance its reputation. Lance Armstrong is a filthy cheater.

So what exactly will it do if I connect to my facebook account? Notify me when people try to contact me within Facebook? Or just a convenient way to transfer stuff over like pics?

Eversynth

I still haven't been able to get in with the link thing :/ is there anyone I can pm my email to get invited, since it has been mentioned that the invite button now works?

Squall ASF said:
So what exactly will it do if I connect to my facebook account? Notify me when people try to contact me within Facebook? Or just a convenient way to transfer stuff over like pics?

it just puts a link to your FB profile on your G+ profile. No intermingling, just a straight up hyperlink.

Salaadin

Eversynth said:
I still haven't been able to get in with the link thing :/ is there anyone I can pm my email to get invited, since it has been mentioned that the invite button now works?

PM me and Ill give it a shot.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Vinci said:
Ah. I've a lot of people to add then. Damned lonely without folks.

So this was your motive for adding me then. Loneliness? I shall have none of that, good Sir!

Thank you for the invite.

google responded to me again!

Uploads to Google+ should be automatically resized to 2048px on their longest edge, but there's currently an issue here that [me] pointed out and we're working on it.
so thats good that its being fixed. ive also found some geo location permissions issues...some tagging in photos issues, and...some more photo issues.

Bboy AJ

TheApatheticOne said:
Anyone still sitting on some invites? I would like one please!
This is not the invite thread.

Eversynth

Here's my link: http://gplus.to/Eversynth
if anyone wants to add me to their Neogaf circle.
Please note I don't have the time to play with it now, so I'll add something (and if I find other people's links, someone) later :)
Btw, there's no "interests" field in the profile to fill up?

Top Bottom